IGNORED

Arrows for the Quiver: Upcoming Babies 6

Bethella

11 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Dear lord & lady, let the mom rest for a day! What is this, "The Good Earth" and Alyssa will be in the rice paddies this afternoon with Lexi on her back?!

Militant fecundity, my foot. 

I think that in these fundie circles, the woman is basically expected to be perfect in all things womanly. Therefore she must look fabulous a few hours after giving birth because it's why god put them on earth. The pressure must be intense among these women. Especially now thanks to social media.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

I hope she continues with some kind of semi-reasonable spacing.

and she really sticks with her choice to have "only" 6 children. that is still a lot, but seems to be doable.

11 minutes ago, ophelia said:

and she really sticks with her choice to have "only" 6 children. that is still a lot, but seems to be doable.

In my experience, 2 is so very different from one. It seems like more than double the work of just one. I think Alyssa is energetic and a doer. So I think she could handle two pretty well. But she may be surprised by the amount of work having 2 will take. Sure she comes from a big family but I doubt she did much of the childcare. She was the organizer and cook of that home. Now she has to be the organizer, cook, and primary caretaker of her own home. Along with helping John with his cleaning business. The exhaustion may take her by surprise and I bet the next pregnancy will be a little wider spaced. 

1 hour ago, Kak said:

Baby Staddon also arrived with her headband on.

Thank goodness they put the headband on her and wrote GIRL in capitals. Otherwise the minty green, almost blue, blanket could have led to a lifetime of confusion.

1 hour ago, EmainMacha said:

Thank goodness they put the headband on her and wrote GIRL in capitals. Otherwise the minty green, almost blue, blanket could have led to a lifetime of confusion.

Aren't they worried the baby might already be tainted by touching a blue blanket. The only way to fix this is to dress her in five layers of pink and put the biggest bow they can possible find on her head. . . no, not good enough, two giants bows. . . maybe even three. 

Beautiful baby, born on her due date, suggesting cooperativeness.  Cadence is an interesting name.  I kind of like it...in a marching to the beat of the same drummer sort of way.

52 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Beautiful baby, born on her due date, suggesting cooperativeness.  Cadence is an interesting name.  I kind of like it...in a marching to the beat of the same drummer sort of way.

I guess I just don't like the trend I sometimes see in Fundie families, where the boys get serious biblical names and the girls get kreeativ ones. Sauntina, Marilee, Joshua, and Cadence. Who do we expect to take seriously here? And who is a pretty, diverting adornment? Consistently trendy or consistently classic doesn't bother me half as much.

Cadence Elisabeth...gorgeous name! I figured the name would skew more on the "normal" side, boy or girl. Seems like they got all their major name weirdness out in one go with Sauntina LaVerle. Marilee isn't too bad (though very cutesy) if you ask me--the name Cadence is pretty popular right now, I think.

I forgot poor Sauntina got a stripper name for her second name...

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I forgot poor Sauntina got a stripper name for her second name...

I think she "inherited" it from Mom or grandma....

21 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

I think she "inherited" it from Mom or grandma....

Didn't they say they picked LaVerle because it means "truth" in French (which it really, really doesn't)? Dumbasses.

ETA: Found it. Looks like we're both right (it is a family name and they like it because they think it means "truth"). http://staddonfamily.com/2012/05/16/the-baby-is-here/

22 hours ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

I guess I just don't like the trend I sometimes see in Fundie families, where the boys get serious biblical names and the girls get kreeativ ones. Sauntina, Marilee, Joshua, and Cadence. Who do we expect to take seriously here? And who is a pretty, diverting adornment? Consistently trendy or consistently classic doesn't bother me half as much.

Same.  I'm assuming that Seewald #2 will be Brynnleeey or something - as some FJer once said, it doesn't matter what the girls are called, as they'll have a different surname by the time they're 25, so bring on the Sauntina, Heistheway, LexiMae and Kyndylynn.

(Though Cadence just makes me think of My Little Pony, and I don't even know why I know that!  Guess we should be happy it's not Kydynce - but is is some weird way to try to match "there's a musical term 'sonatina' so we called our daughter Sauntina, because why the hell not?"

Do the Nauglers make this list? Nicole is [unfortunately] pregnant with #12 due July. 

7 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Do the Nauglers make this list? Nicole is [unfortunately] pregnant with #12 due July. 

I dislike this. I don't follow the Nauglers a lot but...I don't like this at all. 

51 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I've been debating that for about 20 minutes and I just don't know. I hadn't put the girlfriend/daughter-in-law on the list. And people in the Naugler threads seem disinclined to use the kids names but part of me thinks I should include both pregnancies. 

@Curious@HerNameIsBuffy@Destiny@Coconut Flan Do any of the admins have an opinion on including the Nauglers on the list?

11 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I've been debating that for about 20 minutes and I just don't know. I hadn't put the girlfriend/daughter-in-law on the list. And people in the Naugler threads seem disinclined to use the kids names but part of me thinks I should include both pregnancies. 

@Curious@HerNameIsBuffy@Destiny@Coconut Flan Do any of the admins have an opinion on including the Nauglers on the list?

I didn't mention the girlfriend/daughter-in-law because I was unsure if it was appropriate to list her name. After all she is a teenager, not a blogger, and as far as we know not implicit in the shenanigans of Joe and Nicole.

I see no issue putig Nicole on here though. 

4 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

We shall discuss. :2wankers:

We have a resounding vote of do it the way you see it, @Bethella.

Okay, thanks!

Just now, TuringMachine said:

I didn't mention the girlfriend/daughter-in-law because I was unsure if it was appropriate to list her name. After all she is a teenager, not a blogger, and as far as we know not implicit in the shenanigans of Joe and Nicole. 

She is an adult and she has been mentioned quite publicly on the blog. At this point I'm not seeing any harm in including her.

I am horrified that there will be 2 more babies brought into that mess.  It also horrifies me that there was a girl who took a look at that situation and wanted in on the action.  UGH.  This is why I try not to follow that literal $#it storm.  It makes me ill.  

On 21/12/2016 at 7:41 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm sure your average person wouldn't get it. But I will say I've heard the name before so it didn't quite shock me to read. And if you look up a meaning for it, "son of Rand" is listed. Which I think is odd. I would assume it should be Ranson/Randson. 

Yeah, I've never heard it as a name but my first thought was that is was a Puritan-type thing.  It's not uncommon in Pentecostal circles to hear "Jesus' blood has paid my ransom" - it's in quite a few hymns. The idea that we're held captive to sin and our debt must be paid before we are free is fairly well known.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived