IGNORED

Pickles and Hairspray

CorruptionInc.

the pickle humpers are here :roll:

also dang just because pickles critiques the duggars does not means she's not horrid

i don't watch too closely but some of the things she's done over time have horrified me. anyone else (with more pickles experience maybe) care to take this one?

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a lurker around here mostly - as you can tell by the # of posts I've contributed. And I lurked for years before I registered my name. I love the FJ Community.

I only discovered Pickles from the "sling" notoriety, but I liked it. The politics were a bit of a refreshing break instead of the alternate of most Duggar sites, which is developing a sensitivity & understanding of people who are only one step removed themselves from Fundie Life. Both are positive learning experiences for me.

But THIRTEEN PAGES of what's pretty much turned into a Mean Girls Slam Book? Am I the only one here not still in High School? I don't care! This is MY Internet! Ima go & read whatever & wherever I want and then FORM MY OWN OPINION!

Just like I was smart enough not to take The Duggars at full face value & to question that "ooky" feeling bubbling up and do some research after a few episodes of their saccharine on TV, I'm also smart enough to decide what I want to read & who might've ripped what off from whom. Longtimers still posting, sorry, gossiping on this thread really aren't doing much to make FJ look like the more credible or 'distinguished' of the two at this point.

As others have tried to point out at various times throughout --- why on earth do any of you CARE that Pickles even exists? How does it impact your day? Those of us who like it will go there. Those who don't, won't. But none of that will have any bearing on the success of Free Jinger. Negativity, Jealousy, Gossiping & acting like Fourteen Year Old Girls, However? That can have a definite & lasting impact.

All I have is 'pot, meet kettle'.

Welcome to FJ.

the pickle humpers are here :roll:

also dang just because pickles critiques the duggars does not means she's not horrid

i don't watch too closely but some of the things she's done over time have horrified me. anyone else (with more pickles experience maybe) care to take this one?

I've been registered HERE at FJ since 2013 & said in my OP I lurked here long before I registered it & I'm a Pickle Humper? Because I think you're acting like a gossipy child?

And I've read the 13 pages of this thread. I know all of the "crimes" committed. And I also said I will make up my own mind about what I choose to read. Is ENGLISH not your first language? I'm not a millenial, but I could try to reword this in Emoji for you...

I'm just advising as a LONGTIME LURKER AND FRIEND OF FJ that none of us associated here are coming off looking good in this thread. Sorry, but FJ are the "big guys" & it just ain't becoming to be getting 'down to her level' since most of you imply that she plays in the dirt. When you're the big guy slinging the mud, it kinda automatically makes you the bully.

I've gone to her page 3-4 times. I've got 0 skin in her game. Is there a "never criticize" even when things seem pointless & longwinded rule i'm not aware of?

Is this thread 1 weird old trick to keep FJ awesome?

Haha, no.I perceived your question ironically; maybe my head's in the wrong space. Here's that thread, in case this is a sincere question. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25810

---

For the previous poster, I don't feel too bad about making fun of Pickles. I think FJ is better, but that's just my opinion. Pickles's reporting has a sensational, tattle-tale vibe to it that rubs me the wrong way. There's plenty of that here, too, but I think for me I prefer Free Jinger's many varied voices and opinions over Pickles's solitary, hand-slappy voice. There's way less banhammering here, too. And she doesn't credit her sources. And and and. :D

Haha, no.I perceived your question ironically; maybe my head's in the wrong space. Here's that thread, in case this is a sincere question. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25810

---

For the previous poster, I don't feel too bad about making fun of Pickles. I think FJ is better, but that's just my opinion. Pickles's reporting has a sensational, tattle-tale vibe to it that rubs me the wrong way. There's plenty of that here, too, but I think for me I prefer Free Jinger's many varied voices and opinions over Pickles's solitary, hand-slappy voice. There's way less banhammering here, too. And she doesn't credit her sources. And and and. :D

there was this post a few weeks ago of this fundie baby's picture (not famous, parents don't have the baby in the spotlight iirc) and she was commenting on the baby's weight and all this asking if there's something wrong with the baby or if they're not feeding her because the parents wouldn't talk to PICKLES about it

and i'm all for making comments on public personalities and calling out fundamentalism and child abusers for god's sake but that post was just absurd and nosy and gossipy and I feel really bad for that poor child (even though she's still an unaware baby) having her picture posted by pickles to see what everyone thinks

Even if that was a potential child abuse case, that is soooooooo not how you deal with it.

Her latest post on Izzy's dedication really riled me. She acted like she knew it all, when she lacked fundamental understanding of the differences and significances of the sacraments and practices between different denominations. I study this and it just seriously frustrated me :angry-banghead:

I KNOWWWW. Me too. And it's really annoying because the differences aren't arbitrary at all!

I KNOWWWW. Me too. And it's really annoying because the differences aren't arbitrary at all!

I can't be bothered to say anything though because she just seems so stubborn (and also a rapid deleter), so I'd just get so frustrated. SMH.

I'm a lurker around here mostly - as you can tell by the # of posts I've contributed. And I lurked for years before I registered my name. I love the FJ Community.

I only discovered Pickles from the "sling" notoriety, but I liked it. The politics were a bit of a refreshing break instead of the alternate of most Duggar sites, which is developing a sensitivity & understanding of people who are only one step removed themselves from Fundie Life. Both are positive learning experiences for me.

But THIRTEEN PAGES of what's pretty much turned into a Mean Girls Slam Book? Am I the only one here not still in High School? I don't care! This is MY Internet! Ima go & read whatever & wherever I want and then FORM MY OWN OPINION!

Just like I was smart enough not to take The Duggars at full face value & to question that "ooky" feeling bubbling up and do some research after a few episodes of their saccharine on TV, I'm also smart enough to decide what I want to read & who might've ripped what off from whom. Longtimers still posting, sorry, gossiping on this thread really aren't doing much to make FJ look like the more credible or 'distinguished' of the two at this point.

As others have tried to point out at various times throughout --- why on earth do any of you CARE that Pickles even exists? How does it impact your day? Those of us who like it will go there. Those who don't, won't. But none of that will have any bearing on the success of Free Jinger. Negativity, Jealousy, Gossiping & acting like Fourteen Year Old Girls, However? That can have a definite & lasting impact.

I extend the same question to you and everyone who feels Pickles isn't worth being discussed: Why are you here and why does this thread matter enough for you to post in it?

Clearly you have decided for yourself that you kinda like Pickles, but those of us who see problems with her should keep quiet because you don't see any problems?

And I can't be alone in asking this, but what on earth do you mean by 'jealousy"?! We are jealous of an anonymous Internet person? LOL!

Also I have to add--a common theme I see is "long time lurkers" feel the need to preface their post with "I rarely feel the need to contribute but I'm a veteran and here is my super important perspective right here" as if it validates/authoritates their position above everyone else's.

You don't post a lot and you've been here since 1984? Thanks for sharing, but maybe you could add more substance to your argument rather than employing the "appeal to authority" fallacy at the beginning of your post.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - she just posted a photo of Izzy and says "Anyone who wants to insult a baby can go hang out on free jinger. I don't need that crap here." I'm really surprised that there's so much hate and she actually called out the site.

She runs a Facebook page dedicated to insulting the Duggars - so she posts a picture of one of their babies just to warn people that they'd better not insult him? Why post the picture at all?

According to Life is not all Pickles and Hairspray.

facebook.com/269181913180625/photos/a.269728809792602.55371.269181913180625/755345907897554/?type=1&comment_tracking={%22tn%22%3A%22O%22

I sense a lot of FJ butthurt with that one. This is the same person that posted a pic of a random fundie's baby and called it malnorished because she was pissed they yelled at her for taking their pics.

Wow - she just posted a photo of Izzy and says "Anyone who wants to insult a baby can go hang out on free jinger. I don't need that crap here." I'm really surprised that there's so much hate and she actually called out the site.

Yeah, I caught that, too. And in her recap of The Interview she just posted, she said it was too bad JB lost his Senate election or Josh might be executed by now. Seems like a weird thing to even snark about for somebody with her politics.

I sense a lot of FJ butthurt with that one. This is the same person that posted a pic of a random fundie's baby and called it malnorished because she was pissed they yelled at her for taking their pics.

That is part of the reason why I don't follow her page on Facebook. I never know what she expects from her followers. She is really wishy washy, it is almost like walking on egg shells when you visit her page. That is why i like FJ better, HA and the other admins are pretty fair and have reasonable expectations.

I saw the comment and was like WTF!? She must think FJ is a baby bashing site. How pitiful. And for the record I prefer FJ much more and all the Free Jingerites :romance-grouphug:

I don't agree with what she said, but just to play devil's advocate, people here do insult Josie a lot and she is just a little girl. It's kind of messed up.

EDITED: Maybe not a lot, but I've seen it.

I have never seen anyone on FJ make fun of a baby. She's delusional.

I agree. I've never made fun of a baby, but I DO say things I don't believe at all to provoke discussion. :pink-shock: It keeps FJ lively. :wink-kitty:

I agree. I've never made fun of a baby, but I DO say things I don't believe at all to provoke discussion. :pink-shock: It keeps FJ lively. :wink-kitty:

So... you are just admitting to being a troll, then? :evil-eye:

I'm not sure how you can actually insult a baby...

Other than saying a baby is ugly? But I don't think this website is overrun with people saying Izzy is ugly...

I know I made a comment about his baby acne, but that was more an insult in Jill's direction than a freaking baby's. It's a baby. How do you insult a baby? What has he failed to accomplish that can be insulted? He can't even talk how can you pick on him? He hasn't said anything foolish...? Or done anything other than sleep shit and eat, for that matter.

I think the main issue with Pickles is that she makes it a little too much about her. I like her stuff maybe 30% of the time, but I feel that it's too much about her feelings and she isn't open to anyone else's feelings.

On FJ there are many different people with different feelings about everything, and everyone can share their opinion (however left field it may be at times). But the point is variety and sharing and discussion, you know?

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived