IGNORED

Pickles and Hairspray

CorruptionInc.

To the creators and commentors of this page.

Thank-you so much! Your comments are wonderful and I couldn't stop laughing while reading them last night. Your senses of humour are great!

:)

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love!!! Pickles and hairspray.. Her pictures are hysterical...did you see Josh with little curly ponytails or J'chelle as a human Xmas tree? omg..The show recaps are priceless!

I've been following them on FB since they started. Love love love it!

Who's the owner/author? Such an awesome sense of humor and manages the leghumpers and freaks quite well.

It's funny when the ignorant leghumpers get on the page and say "it seems you don't like the Duggars very much, why are you bagging them?" It says on the front page that it is NOT a fan page... :music-tool:

I was ridiculously excited when I clicked onto Pickles and Hairspray. Especially the kissing couples backlash photos! It was well done.

That pic of Joshie-Boy wearing that headband with fake pig tails is the funniest thing I have ever seen and it's so photo shopped haha

I was giggling at the photo captions on that FB just last night....

Slightly off-topic question, but on the Pickles and Hairspray FB I saw a comment on one of the photos talking about Erin Paine (Bates) having a health condition that is preventing her from carrying a pregnancy to term that will be addressed on some upcoming show of the Bateseseses. What I'm wondering is if we will see Erin gracefully accepting the circumstances she's found herself in or doing everything possible to conceive... because aren't these families all about whatever God's will is for their womb? I'm interested to see how they interpret and handle this without being hypocrites.

Ahhh, Pickles and Hairspray. I was trying to get off FJ a few times so I could get homework done but I kept going onto P&H because that's not FJ :lol: (I have no self control)

I was giggling at the photo captions on that FB just last night....

Slightly off-topic question, but on the Pickles and Hairspray FB I saw a comment on one of the photos talking about Erin Paine (Bates) having a health condition that is preventing her from carrying a pregnancy to term that will be addressed on some upcoming show of the Bateseseses. What I'm wondering is if we will see Erin gracefully accepting the circumstances she's found herself in or doing everything possible to conceive... because aren't these families all about whatever God's will is for their womb? I'm interested to see how they interpret and handle this without being hypocrites.

I can't imagine what poor Erin must be going through. Even if she has accepted what she has that keeps her from being a mother it can't be easy. Most women struggle with not being able to have a child of their own. I can't even begin to fathom what a struggle it would be for someone who was raised to believe that was their sole purpose. I'm guessing she thinks it's a punishment for something she has done.

I can't imagine what poor Erin must be going through. Even if she has accepted what she has that keeps her from being a mother it can't be easy. Most women struggle with not being able to have a child of their own. I can't even begin to fathom what a struggle it would be for someone who was raised to believe that was their sole purpose. I'm guessing she thinks it's a punishment for something she has done.

Well...Bin and Jessa keep talking about adopting...

Well...Bin and Jessa keep talking about adopting...

Until one of them actually do adopt I won't buy it. Words don't mean as much as actions.

The profile pic/cover photo combo is hilarious right now.

Did you hapen to see the "Christmas tree" picture of Michelle in her Silver dress? Lol

Ugh, it's soul-crushing when you're raised to believe childbearing is the purpose of your life. Much like ending up unmarried is. It's like... hey, where's my party? Where's my blessing? Sadly, I think you're right that she probably takes it to heart as some kind of punishment or judgment, even if outwardly no one actually says that. It's the implied conclusion from their lousy theology.

When I really thought about Erin and how she must feel if she truly is unable to carry a child my heart sank. It is hard enough for those of us who have had a hard time or been unable to have children but, for someone with her belief system, it must be gut wrenching. I can't imagine how confused and ashamed she must feel that she is being punished for her imaginary crimes. I really hope these parents start to question what they teach their children and see how they would internalize something like this once they are adults. They just can't be that blind or ignorant or heartless or self involved. Can they?

I got banned from Pickles and Hairspray. She/he also doesnt think highly of FJ. I dont like the anti-speculation ule. Speculation is what keeps sites like FJ going. They also lash out at anyone who thinks Josie is developmentally delayed.

I do read there occasionally and saw that about Erin. It must be devastating for her if it is true. I guess none of the Fundie parents think of the possibility one of their kids may be infertile when they promise' to leave the # of kids in Gods hands' in their vows. Thats why also it is tacky to give some a baby item as a wedding gift like Josh and Anna gave Jill..

Ugh, it's soul-crushing when you're raised to believe childbearing is the purpose of your life. Much like ending up unmarried is. It's like... hey, where's my party? Where's my blessing? Sadly, I think you're right that she probably takes it to heart as some kind of punishment or judgment, even if outwardly no one actually says that. It's the implied conclusion from their lousy theology.

If this is true, will Erin still have to forego birth control and continue to conceive and miscarry over and over again? I can't imagine any worse future for anyone, let alone an extreme pro-lifer.

I also got banned from pickles and hairspray because she is vehemently anti gun and I made some basic comment about the second amendment and BAM I was banned. It's her loss, I usually know more than she does. I had PMed with her before and you're right, she doesn't like FJ, I feel like she had a falling out with someone here long ago.

Are folks jumping to the conclusion that Erin is infertile? I know there was some sort of problem and she lost her first embryo, but maybe it was something the doctors could fix or manage. If she isn't pregnant yet (and we don't know) she may have been told to wait following the D&C.

Are folks jumping to the conclusion that Erin is infertile? I know there was some sort of problem and she lost her first embryo, but maybe it was something the doctors could fix or manage. If she isn't pregnant yet (and we don't know) she may have been told to wait following the D&C.

If Erin is infertile I really hope they don't put the whole thing on TV if Erin doesn't want it on there. It is disrespectful to her. Also I am hoping her mum wouldn't lose her shit at her if she can't have kids. However I don't think babies are like crack to Kelly.

Erin seems to have had a blighted ovum where no embryo forms. It also seems to have not been expelled spontaneously so she had a D&C. Usually one blighted ovum pregnancy isn't a reason for medical evaluation, but if she subsequently wasn't able to conceive again, then it would result in investigation. For her sake, I hope the reports are being hyped to create interest in the show.

Poor Erin. Its hard enough to be a "regular" woman with fertility problems, but a woman's who has been told her whole life her purpose is to breed? My goodness.

I wonder what the Gothard/Quiverfull view is on fertility treatments? I'm sure IVF is out the window, but I wonder if IUI (where they inject the sperm directly into your cervix) is allowed. I know of one kind of fertility treatment where they work on fixing whats messed up and you conceiving the good ol' fashioned way, but I doubt theyd ever do it: its through the catholic church.

That is so sad. Especially since fundies test so often. I hope for her sake she can somehow try to put it out of her mind and see if nature does a miracle when they're not thinking about it as much.

It's too bad they can't drink and have fun like regular couples in the meantime, before they have a baby or adopt.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived