IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin, Part 2

Destiny

14 minutes ago, Kira said:

1. Why does everyone assume Jana doesn't want to get married? What if she had some failed courtships(or whatever they call it)? Maybe she hasn't  had serious courtship offers.

2. I think Joy and Austin will be married by the summer of 2017.

She has definitely expressed the desire to be married. I personally wonder if she just doesn't want to happen Duggar-style, and/or JB vetoes any man who  doesn't seem like he will tow the Duggar line. Maybe she'd like to be married, but would rather be single than spend another 15-20 years relentlessly bearing children.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

I asked this before, but I think it got lost in the quick moving threads last night. Why do we think Joy and Austin will go live with/near his family instead of joining the Duggar circus on the compound?

Because she's already worked at Fort Rock apparently, is already on their website as "Forsyth/Ballinger Family," because her husband to be may not want to give up working at the camp he loves or being a volunteer fireman in the town he knows well, etc.  For the first time JB has a strong spouse father to contend with  and may not win this one.

12 hours ago, snickers34 said:

Bowie, Prince, Trump, Glenn, and now this???? 2016, you can suck it!

Add Cory Wells (3 Dog Night) and Leon Russell.  2016 does suck.

5 minutes ago, trustworthy said:

Because she's already worked at Fort Rock apparently, is already on their website as "Forsyth/Ballinger Family," because her husband to be may not want to give up working at the camp he loves or being a volunteer fireman in the town he knows well, etc.  For the first time JB has a strong spouse father to contend with  and may not win this one.

I'm sure daddy Forsythe will give JB quarterly reports on Joy. 

Its sad that I'm only half kidding.

I agree with all of the reasons everyone has here to be very sad for Joy. BUT....trying to find a glimmer of hope....at least in the first video, and based on his lack of social media, maybe, just maybe, he's not as famewhorish and narcissistic as the other married-in Jboob man slaves? He came off kind of quiet and sweet in that video, in contrast to say, Jeremy, who knows exactly when the cameras are on him and already had a slick website/fb page ready to promote himself when the announcement came out. Also, in the strictest parents episode, I did not get the same creepy vibe from 15 year old Austin that we get from vintage Josh at that age.

Could it be possible he actually is interested in Joy for the right reasons?

I'd really like to take Joy at her word when she says she was 'surprised' when Austin asked her to court him, but...didn't he have to ask JB first, after which JB runs it by the girl?  I'm not even gonna get into the fact that the TLC crew was there, which would be a mighty big tip off.

I can't find the strictest parents video. Does anyone have another link? I just get the 404 error message. Do you think it was deliberately taken down?

just google world's strictest parents Forsyth family and a link will take you to CMT. all parts are there. it's free and legal.

I watched it this morning and it seems a lot like Maxhell there. A lot of emphasis on no free time. The only thing that surprised me is they only have 2 kids. Poor Poor Joy Anna.

Point form because it is easier:

1. I think Joy will wait until her 20th Birthday to either become engaged (like Anna), or for the actual wedding. I think because her future husband's family runs a camp it would be hard to keep it under the radar much longer which is another reason I suspect a longer courtship.

2. Jana is probably never getting married for the simple fact that she is the golden child. Her selfless dedication to raising her siblings coupled with the fact that she is the first-born daughter and has taught her younger sisters the joys of living with controlling, nosy parents who are also nuts and sex-obsessed. Nobody is good enough to marry Jana in Boob's eyes, he probably has a 100-page questionnaire suitors have to fill out. She is the crown jewel of Jim-Bob's ego and is so blinded by his own arrogance he does not see the desperate sadness within her.

3. None of the older sons are getting married first. It will be the twins or anyone born after Joshgate. After living through the horrors of what sexual desire can drive a man to do (assault your siblings) coupled with Jim-Bobs obsessive and controlling nature about sex, they have been completely traumatized. Best case the older sons are terrified of their own sexuality, worst case Boob has successfully repressed and destroyed any sexual desire within them. Also, generally they seem like a terrible patriarchy to marry  in to.

Maybe she was surprised about the timing? For as much shit as I want to give Mullet and Kim Jong Boob, I DO think they would have at least ran the idea by Joy, or told her to pray about it like they did with J/A. I think one of the girls mentioned before Boob bringing boys interests by and them saying no. 

I think he's reasonably cute for a young fundie boy. And since others have said their two cents, I'll throw mine in - I think Jeremy is the best looking Duggar husband by far. But I have a weakness for Italian men. 

5 minutes ago, barbecutie said:

Jana is probably never getting married for the simple fact that she is the golden child. Her selfless dedication to raising her siblings coupled with the fact that she is the first-born daughter and has taught her younger sisters the joys of living with controlling, nosy parents who are also nuts and sex-obsessed. Nobody is good enough to marry Jana in Boob's eyes, he probably has a 100-page questionnaire suitors have to fill out. She is the crown jewel of Jim-Bob's ego and is so blinded by his own arrogance he does not see the desperate sadness within her.

Yes yes yes!!!

In a weird way, her situation reminds me of the Botkinettes. 

In terms of Jana, up until this point, I did not buy that she wanted to stay home for the younger kids, but now, I think that might be it.

Jana is stunningly attractive and presents as evenly keeled. I cannot believe that she has not had suitors. While her beauty might be intimidating, it certainly has not diminished the Bateses' girls opportunities. I think Jana is single by her own choice.

Other than the sex, Jana is the wife/mother of the TTH. She has many of the responsibilities, the younger kids seem to respect her and I'm sure that JB and M treat her a tad bit differently (along with JD) than all the rest. 

When Joy leaves and if Michelle does not step up, Jana is going to be one busy woman. Grandma and all the helpers will be gone. Currently, there are 9 boys (for a bit, 6 who are younger than 18) and 4 little girls. Someone will need to do the housework, laundry, shopping and cooking. Unless the boys start helping out, Jana is going to be busy.

For all the talk of servants' hearts, Jana seem to be the most obvious example of a Duggar walking the walk.

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Honestly? After the news about the moldy orange last week, I really don't give two shits about which Duggar spawn is courting or not. The adults in that family all likely voted for the moldy orange - and the moldy orange is now stacking his staff with white supremacists, homophobes, misogynists, xenophobes, sexists, and racists. I blame them for whatever fresh Hell the moldy orange and the grandpa from "King for the Hill" unleash upon the rest of us.

(Just to be clear, I'm in no way judging anyone for being upset or concerned. I understand a lot of you have watched Joy grow up and you were hoping for better than this for her. You guys have my sympathies, but Joy and the other Duggars do not. Not anymore. I'm officially done feeling bad for the legal adults in that family.

Also, I didn't sleep well and had bad dreams most of the night. So I'm kind of cranky right now and don't have my usual "play nice in the sandbox" filter on. Sorry!)

ETA: I'm sorry. I sound really bitchy and bitter here. I'm very hormonal and emotional the closer I get to my due date. I actually started crying at the breakfast table this morning because the flowers my husband got me for our anniversary are making my allergies worse - because the lilies just started blooming. And I love lilies. So now I'm sad about the lilies and stressed and worried and hormonal and just not having my best moment this morning.

'The grandpa from 'King of the Hill'...  :tw_joy:

And that video announcement with the 2 idiot parents just p*sses me off. That is a perfect example of why 2 people should never procreate 19 children. There just is not enough time to adequately get to know, at a very minimum, such a large number of children...and that's before all the other things that should be involved (love, teach, mentor, educate, inspire, allow to explore and become independent).

EFF THEM.

7 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Maybe she was surprised about the timing? For as much shit as I want to give Mullet and Kim Jong Boob, I DO think they would have at least ran the idea by Joy, or told her to pray about it like they did with J/A. I think one of the girls mentioned before Boob bringing boys interests by and them saying no. 

I think he's reasonably cute for a young fundie boy. And since others have said their two cents, I'll throw mine in - I think Jeremy is the best looking Duggar husband by far. But I have a weakness for Italian men. 

I'm guessing her attraction to him was pretty darned obvious to J/M esp, if as others have said, Joy was working at Fort Rock. I doubt they have anything much else they need to know about him--he really is the son of friends. Different from the others. Having a "Genuine Duggar"  will certainly boost business for Ft Rock at least fora  good few years. I honestly don't have too many reservations with this one.

I honestly am surprised, though, that none of the boys are desperate enough for sex courting--unless they've just plain refused to do so on camera (John?). I do think the John/Jana double wedding is a neon dollar sign in JB's eyes though. I also think 'Siah and Marjoire may really just be "on hold" for a while. We'll see.

8 minutes ago, Funwithfundies said:

'The grandpa from 'King of the Hill'...  :tw_joy:

I'm desperately searching for humor in all this. Pence looking like Hank Hill's dad is one of the very few bright spots. :pb_lol:

Well Joy is now Front and almost center on the Ft Rock page. So, let's be clear: This marriage will happen. Probably they have been courting for a year, lied on the video, and will have the wedding this winter. Let's face it--that would give them a lot of new story lines then: SintralAmrica and it's dangers; How confusing life is in Loredo when Babe isn't home to lead Finger around and of course bump-watch 2017; BinBob and Jess, Spurge and Spurge2 and possibly Anna being wise (but no mention of Joshy).  I could see a full-out effort to market the boys then.

21 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Jana is stunningly attractive and presents as evenly keeled. I cannot believe that she has not had suitors. While her beauty might be intimidating, it certainly has not diminished the Bateses' girls opportunities. I think Jana is single by her own choice.

I think it's because she seems.. quiet or shy :shrug:    I've seen so many fundie women blog about not being able to find their "Prince Charming". Jana's situation is not unique in fundieland. Her best friends got married in their late twenties.  I know Jana is beautiful, It just wouldn't surprise me if Jana is having problems finding suitors.

14 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I honestly am surprised, though, that none of the boys are desperate enough for sex courting--unless they've just plain refused to do so on camera (John?). I do think the John/Jana double wedding is a neon dollar sign in JB's eyes though. I also think 'Siah and Marjoire may really just be "on hold" for a while. We'll see.

I agree about Josiah and Marjorie. I can see another courtship being announced next season. Maybe Joe and Kendra Caldwell? 

1 minute ago, Kira said:

I think it's because she seems.. quiet or shy :shrug:    I've seen so many fundie women blog about not being able to find their "Prince Charming". Jana's situation is not unique in fundieland. Her best friends got married in their late twenties. It just wouldn't surprise me if Jana is having problems finding suitors.

I agree about Josiah and Marjorie. I can see another courtship being announced next season. Maybe Joe and Kendra Caldwell? 

I thought about the shy and quiet aspect, but then I reflected on Jinger who is also shy and meek and @ 22 years, married, so....

25 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

When Joy leaves and if Michelle does not step up, Jana is going to be one busy woman. Grandma and all the helpers will be gone. Currently, there are 9 boys (for a bit, 6 who are younger than 18) and 4 little girls.

Where did Grandma Duggar go?  (Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I stopped following this family awhile back because I got tired of their fame whoring.)

i could see an engagement announce on Christmas or around taht dates and a wedding in april. Poor joy pregnant in a year

I'm worried for Joy. I watched the episodes about strict families and the reek of misogyny. Helpmeets? Dad is the head? Joy becoming a wife at such a young age will limit her opportunities. Jesus. At least the other daughters were in their early twenties.

Joy has always been my favorite duggar, and it makes me sad that she's getting married so soon. :(  I feel like marriage cuts off possibilities for the duggar girls, since the longer they are married and the more kids they have, the harder it will be for them to escape Gothardism.

No, not Joy, she's so young!! If it continues like this, Josie will be engaged before any of the J-boys. I sincerely hope Jana will not get more housework than she already has. Maybe Kim Jong Boob could help out? :giggle: I wanna see an episode where he has to take care of the household all by himself. Might teach him a lesson about how much effort wimmenz work might take... :evil-laugh: 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived