IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin, Part 2

Destiny

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Justmurrayed said:

I'm thinking it'll be fall 2017 then.I don't think they'll wait since ratings are everything. I don't know their birthdays either, will that make her any older? Not that it matters really, but let's hope it at least gives them both some maturity in what's going to be happening. 

Shoot - I had meant 2017!

I think they timed that photo with the Counting On announcement last night. Someone also recently posted several web addresses (joyandaustin.com, etc) were claimed on 11/11. I wonder when that video was really filmed.

Didn't Jeremy's website get put up immediately after that courtship was announced? 

5 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

I think they timed that photo with the Counting On announcement last night. Someone also recently posted several web addresses (joyandaustin.com, etc) were claimed on 11/11. I wonder when that video was really filmed.

Didn't Jeremy's website get put up immediately after that courtship was announced? 

if you look at the promo for next season where joy and austin are hiking - you can see Joy and Austin are wearing the same outfit that she announced last night she was in courtship - so this has been going on for weeks - or months 

12 minutes ago, CharityBear said:

I'll be the asshole and say it. I think looks-wise she could do much better.

She could do worse. cough cough Derick couch couch

2 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Agreed. Austin gives me slightly Chad-like vibes. Also the fort rock picture is just badly lit; no one looks good in that picture. 

You guys move fast! 2nd thread already. This was only announced as I was heading to bed, and even then it was way past my bedtime and  I was only up still due to my shitty sleeping pattern (damn insomnia). So much to catch up on. 

I had a bit of a freak out when I read it last night. 

But that picture of her with the family creeps me out every time I see it. I understand changing the family photo on the day they marry perhaps, but courtship announce? Doesn't bode well. Reeks of a done deal almost. Joy is gonna be on a faster track than Jinger.

3 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Eh. Derick is not that bad IMO. The man bun needs to go- as does the trend in general. 

Looks are very personal. David Rodrigues is far from Sexiest Man Alive but Jill probably thinks he is...

4 minutes ago, RhythmicSkater said:

Agreed. Austin gives me slightly Chad-like vibes. Also the fort rock picture is just badly lit; no one looks good in that picture. 

Why do so many fundies look alike?!? He reminds me so much of Chad. I'm going to call him Chad2, or CJ for Chad Jr, or Chaustin. 

4 minutes ago, hollywood said:

I think Derick is the best out of all of the husbands. He seems to love his pistol pete days which is a sign Israel may get a chance to go to college. 

36 minutes ago, Mrs. Figg said:

I think they meant the last time they were at Fort Rock together was August of 2015. I'm sure they've seen each other elsewhere since then?! 

Makes me wonder when he actually asked her to court because she was there in July. 

IMG_1132.PNG

15 minutes ago, justpassingby said:

I think Derick is the best out of all of the husbands. He seems to love his pistol pete days which is a sign Israel may get a chance to go to college. 

He was pretty sweet and handsome before they went to Central America. I'm not sure what has been going on with his jaw line--did that ever get settled--and he got all forceful and Jim-Bob like since then too.  He was really sweet when they flew over there to see him and through the wedding. 

Man, when it rains, it pours. 

I hope she really, truly likes him and is excited about this and isn't just caught up in the engagement fever sweeping their house or looking for an escape from TTC servitude with all those little kids. She does seem to be a good fit for a camp though. 

But damn. Nineteen is so young. I was hoping for a longer, Tori- or Michael-like courtship, but that photo on their site doesn't bode well for that. 

39 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Eh. Derick is not that bad IMO. The man bun needs to go- as does the trend in general. 

Looks are very personal. David Rodrigues is far from Sexiest Man Alive but Jill probably thinks he is...

Derrick and Jeremy both seem to regard their days of secular schooling as being bad for their faith and something to be avoided. I think Izzy and the future J'Vuolos will be homeschooled with ATI, ABeka, or some other barebones Christian homeschooling curriculum.

49 minutes ago, RhythmicSkater said:

Yeah that picture is weird. I don't know why but it looks like Joy has false teeth. And she could definitely do much worst. 

45 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

But that picture of her with the family creeps me out every time I see it. I understand changing the family photo on the day they marry perhaps, but courtship announce? Doesn't bode well. Reeks of a done deal almost. Joy is gonna be on a faster track than Jinger.

I am with you on the creep out factor. To me it kinda screams that she is no longer a Duggar, she belongs to us now and our son will not be a toilet scrubber for JB like Benny boy. We will control what happens and you JB stay out of it. I hope it isn't that way for Joy and this will be a good thing for her, but I'm not holding my breath.

I hate Boob and Michelle so much. What wasted lives they demand of their children. 

Joy is even more immature emotionally than Jinger, and that one hurt. How can they be happy about selling their children's wombs? 

Bastards. 

So, have we got any clue as to when they started courting?

Joy probably looks at the fact that her mom got married at 17 and it worked out....

At least with this one, they've known each other for quite a long time, so that I think is WAY better than just meeting. (not that I didn't do that myself, but I was older and had been around the block a few times)

Regarding the World's Strictest Parents show, I do imagine that people on the show would exaggerate how strict they are for the sake of tv. Still, even allowing for some exaggeration it sounds like the Forsyth parents are pretty bad. Hopefully Austin isn't quite so zealous.

4 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I'm sad that the rumor turned out to be true. They've know for a long time so I call a Christmas engagement and an 2017 wedding in June.

I was hoping that Jospeh was courting (the girl that walked next to him on Jinger's wedding) or JD.

edited to add:

All their coutrship partners have been white and super fundie!

I'm stilll waiting for an asian or black girlfriend/boyfriend and/or for someone who is not as fundie. come on, people, it's possible!

Or Latino/a...they are in the south, hang out in TX and have made many trips to CA. Plus Latino/as are generally not adverse to religion.

2 minutes ago, karen77 said:

So, have we got any clue as to when they started courting?

Joy probably looks at the fact that her mom got married at 17 and it worked out....

At least with this one, they've known each other for quite a long time, so that I think is WAY better than just meeting. (not that I didn't do that myself, but I was older and had been around the block a few times)

I am thinking they started courting 3-4 months ago based on them wearing the same outfit in the promo and as in last night's reveal 

which means wedding time  March of next year.....

I think the fact that they have known each other but in the same cult for 15 years is telling 

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

Interesting to me: Austin is the first courter (that I witness) where all the comments are quite negative from the start. 

What were the comments like for Josiah and Marjorie? She was even younger than Joy, right?

I guess the negative comments weren't so much negative about her so much as negative for her, though.

I know this probably isn't going to happen, but it reminds me of Mr. Denim Jumper and myself at 19: keeping a brave smile on, all the while plotting our joint exit from our respective crazy trains. 

After seeing the Strictest Parents episode... here's hoping. 

Now Jana, obviously none of us really know, but I wonder if part of her reluctance to court us because, in spite of being a nearly 27 year old woman, she'd be subject to the same group texts and courtship rules as a couple of teenagers would be. If she is already over the whole being a mommy thing (can't blame her for that, as she's been raising kids for a good 15 years now), how would she ever find a man who is okay with limiting their family size? Assuming she wants to, and he managed to fly under JBs radar, it's not like they'd have any opportunity for private discussions about it. 

1 hour ago, justpassingby said:

I'll give he and Jill many props for allowing Izzy to make it to his second birthday sibling free!

They lived outside of Duggarville and did not achieve a second pregnancy. I'll give them props.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived