IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin, Part 2

Destiny

Maybe in a twist of fate, they will both escape and live normal lives. 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I finally caught up with this thread and I'm absolutely sickened.
All my nasty suspicions are coming true! I thought Joy would be next because of what she said about Jinger in the survival episode, something about IF she were courting someone she'd probably be the worst one of all, so she didn't snark on Jinger like the other sibs. Red flag #1.
After the necklace photo surfaced around her birthday I looked at who the duggarfam was following on Instagram and took a screenshot of 2 people I didn't recognize. One was Austin and the other was this girl so I'm guessing she is courting JD(?)
I don't really have anything new to add other than WHY the fuck do these people still have a platform to spread their hate?! I strongly suggest to any snark watchers to refrain from tuning into TLC at all costs. I wait a few days for the episodes to be pirated and put on YouTube so as not to give any more power to their machine. Plus we always have at least one faithful recapper here if we want to know news as it happens. 
As others have said, now it's all about glossing them up and normalizing them to attract more people into their cult. What's that saying about polishing a turd but it still stinking like shit?! Ugh, just ugh.. that's where I'm at now.

Screenshot_20161105-175700.png

If marriage meant college, education opportunities, access to contraceptives, then I would be thrilled for Joy. However, all the men who married Duggars seem steeped in the Kool-aid (even Ben with his preaching about refugees, black people, and Trump is still fundie).

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm desperately searching for humor in all this. Pence looking like Hank Hill's dad is one of the very few bright spots. :pb_lol:

Well, that's an exaggeration.  Pence still has both his shins.

12 minutes ago, Fullfrontalhugs said:

Well I finally caught up with this thread and I'm absolutely sickened.
All my nasty suspicions are coming true! I thought Joy would be next because of what she said about Jinger in the survival episode, something about IF she were courting someone she'd probably be the worst one of all, so she didn't snark on Jinger like the other sibs. Red flag #1.
After the necklace photo surfaced around her birthday I looked at who the duggarfam was following on Instagram and took a screenshot of 2 people I didn't recognize. One was Austin and the other was this girl so I'm guessing she is courting JD(?)
I don't really have anything new to add other than WHY the fuck do these people still have a platform to spread their hate?! I strongly suggest to any snark watchers to refrain from tuning into TLC at all costs. I wait a few days for the episodes to be pirated and put on YouTube so as not to give any more power to their machine. Plus we always have at least one faithful recapper here if we want to know news as it happens. 
As others have said, now it's all about glossing them up and normalizing them to attract more people into their cult. What's that saying about polishing a turd but it still stinking like shit?! Ugh, just ugh.. that's where I'm at now.

Screenshot_20161105-175700.png

I think masiespace (Laura) is just good friends with Jana.  

4 hours ago, Funwithfundies said:

'The grandpa from 'King of the Hill'...  :tw_joy:

Pence really does look like Cotton Hill! Except he has shins.

10 minutes ago, Mrs. Figg said:

I think masiespace (Laura) is just good friends with Jana.  

Yeah, she's been around as a family friend for a long time.

well you will be happy to know that rapper ben and his pregnant bride are posting a video on congratulating a couple that have been "courting" for four months (my estimate) 

Spud looks exhausted and Ben wants to preach to a man who is older than him 

27 minutes ago, nst said:

well you will be happy to know that rapper ben and his pregnant bride are posting a video on congratulating a couple that have been "courting" for four months (my estimate) 

Spud looks exhausted and Ben wants to preach to a man who is older than him 

Austin's older than Ben? lol I know Austin in 22, but how old is Ben?

36 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

Yeah, she's been around as a family friend for a long time.

Have the Duggars always followed her on Instagram? I thought that was new. Also if she is a long time family friend/besties with Jana then I definitely think she could be courting JD unless she is already married/courting. Just my speculation, I know nothing about her. :confused2:

1 hour ago, sophie10130 said:

I've definitely wondered about this in Gothardism. I have had a pretty conservative Catholic tell me that if a woman is barren, she should "discern" to (be forced by the Church doctrine to) never get married so as not to burden her husband with a fruitless (baby-less) marriage and instead spend your life serving the Church instead. Also some crock about the whole good and bad sex thing. I was told that if you knew the sex would NOT lead to a baby (using contraceptives, non p-in-v sex, if one or both partners are barren either medically or naturally) then it's a sin always. I am not sure if this is a popular thought in the Church, but this was at a Church function. So take that with a grain of salt.

However, since quiverfull folks also think you should have sex only for procreation, I wonder how they would feel? Do they think it's a failing on the woman only? What do they think about conditions such as PCOS or endometriosis? Would they expect a miracle? If the miracle never happened should they get a divorce so the man can have a quiverfull with another woman? Is all their backdated sex considered a sin at that point? I know, I know, I'm getting into the realm of ridiculousness. But I would truly like to know these things. 

Edit: Just to add, I don't think Jana has any known fertility issues and that is the reason why she isn't married yet. I think if it was an issue and that's why she wasn't married they would probably never talk about her wanting to get married in talking heads and instead really push the "servant's heart" idea that she just wants to stay at home and help.

To make a very long story short, PIV sex that is "open to life" between a heterosexual married couple is considered "natural" according to Catholic moral theology, because PIV sex is the "natural" and therefore moral way to use one's genitals based on natural law. Even if said couple is infertile, they are not doing anything wrong by having PIV contraceptionless sex, because they are doing it  according to natural law. Natural law is not in the Bible, but is a Stoic concept early Christians swiped and used for their own ends. The Protestant reformers were against natural law as umbiblical, but more modern Protestants are becoming interested in it because it provides a superficial secular explanation for why homosexuality and contraception are "unnatural." Today, the Catholic Church says that oral sex is okay if the sexual encounter ends with sperm being deposited into the vagina of the woman, but traditionally (like in the medieval and Renaissance era and probably a bit beyond) oral sex was considered "unnatural" and punishable by death.

Since Gothardism is based on the crudest sort of sola scriptura, I'm not sure what he would say about an infertile couple. On the various Duggar shows, couples always make a big deal about accepting however many children god sees fit to give them, so if a couple is infertile, they'd probably take that as a sign that they should adopt. I can't see Gothardites being in favor of IVF because of all the spare embryos being created, but maybe someone else knows for sure.

So no one else thinks that the fact that Joy's picture went up on the camp site so is suspicious? Doesn't it scream "visit our camp because we have obtained fundy royalty for you to take pics with when you visit and will be on display everyday between 12 - 4pm? It's perfect publicity for them.

Joy is basically marrying into the most extreme family of all her sisters. There are no positive changes to be had there unless she gets so fed up she runs. It's interesting Austin's sister married someone with a normal job from a political family, which gives her more options even if they are fundy. Austin is going to marry someone who is going to have less options. This family seems way more fundy than even Duggar fundy. I see no upside in this for Joy. How do we spin this that somehow this is great for Joy and how it shows she is going fundy-lite? Plus she will marry into another family that craves the spotlight or they wouldn't have been on the World's Strictest Family. 

What does it matter if she seems happy now or he is cute? She is severely limiting her options, which she doesn't even know exist. Every time a Duggar girl marries, we think this is the marriage that will lead a fundy girl out of the cult. What chance does Joy's marriage have? She seems to be going in the opposite direction.

11 minutes ago, eye_browz said:

Ben is 21 and a half :).  

I think Joy and Austin have been courting about 2 or 3 months.   When was that roundup filmed where Jessa was 17 weeks along.  She gleefully told the producer that 'there are things you know not of" when asked if there is more Duggar news..  Joys courtship is one.  What else?

28 minutes ago, eye_browz said:

Ben is 21 and Austin will be 23 next month. Even though Joy is a teenager, at least she isn't marrying a  teenager (like Jessa). 

18 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Ben is 21 and a half :).  

I think Joy and Austin have been courting about 2 or 3 months.   When was that roundup filmed where Jessa was 17 weeks along.  She gleefully told the producer that 'there are things you know not of" when asked if there is more Duggar news..  Joys courtship is one.  What else?

I have no evidence of this but..... Unfortunately I think Anna is probably pregnant. I just have this feeling she is pregnant and they won't announce until half way through the pregnancy. And it won't be a grand announcement. Probably just an announcement of pregnancy along with the gender. It'll be a way to get Josh back in he spotlight in a "happy circumstance."

45 minutes ago, eye_browz said:

according to google he is 21 turning 22 in may of next year 

Finally got through all the threads. A couple pages back the Q&A with the guy that went to the marriage retreat camp with the duggars. Oh wow. First I hope he reigns in his wife since he doesn't want to be a fundie. If she believes that crap then she should submit to him but It is also what many of us think, the women are really in charge. 

I said it on a the Rod thread. I am not happy it's Joy. She is so young and he is from a stricter family than the duggars. 

If Terry's family retreat business is successful, then Austin could inherit it/work there and be gainfully employed. At least he'd be able to provide for Joy.

Maybe Austin won't be as awful as his parents. But his parents are still going to be grandma and grandpa to any kids that Austin and Joy decide to have..yikes. I'd hate to have them as my in laws if I were Joy. 

1 hour ago, Fullfrontalhugs said:

Have the Duggars always followed her on Instagram? I thought that was new. Also if she is a long time family friend/besties with Jana then I definitely think she could be courting JD unless she is already married/courting. Just my speculation, I know nothing about her. :confused2:

Yes. They've been following Austin and Laura for many years

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Duggars are friends with both the Forsythe and Ballinger family. It looks like Bobby Jr married Megan Forsythe last year and they are now pregnant and at least half way through the pregnancy. And I think Austin has always been friends with Bobby Jr. So these families are all intertwined and have been for a long time.

This would help date the courtship a bit, then, wouldn't it? Megan doesn't look very pregnant in that "family" photo...

ETA she might just not be showing that much, but if her husband was at the wedding she must have been, too, so if there's a photo of her,  we might be able to compare...

24 minutes ago, nst said:

is laura that friend Masie ? 

Yes. masiespace's actual name is Laura.

I know we're all concerned for Joy, but that show was filmed when Austin was just 15. 6 years could show a lot of change, look at how Duggar fashion has evolved. Which is not to say I'm not worried, but II'm really hoping it will be ok 

I knew a family who was on The Strictest Parents show back in the day. I knew them through church friends. But the EXTREME exaggeration of how the parents were was laughable. I hated seeing their episode, because everything they said and did was so obviously (to me, who knew them) out of context and heavily edited to make them look more bizarre. I think it's likely Austin's family was encouraged to say and do certain things to make them seem even weirder and more strict. Not that they aren't, but T.V. is T.V.

6 minutes ago, luxfilia said:

I think it's likely Austin's family was encouraged to say and do certain things to make them seem even weirder and more strict. Not that they aren't, but T.V. is T.V.

We also know a lot of the Duggar rubbish is all written story lines and hardly real.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived