IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin, Part 2

Destiny

7 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I have a weird question...

If the Duggars had a child with a known fertility issue....would they "allow" that child to get married? I have known people who knew when they were very young that they would never be able to have kids. I just wonder how the Duggars would deal with something like that. 

Honestly they'll blame the woman for sinning. Anna was probably blamed for Josh cheating. 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

Joy is my favorite. I feel bad for her. She was a tomboy and lost her spark. Now she will be pooping out babies. 

Why is Jim Bob in a hurry to get courtships rolling. 

Well take a lesson from Josh. He married for sex but still cheated.

I wonder if fundie women know they should enjoy sex too. 

Josh's behavior was so shocking to the family because they thought marriage was the end all. That once married no bad can happen. So josh's scandals were a shock to the system.  Instead of taking that info in, processing it, and changing their thinking in the light of new facts: jboob and m just plowed on, trying to force the facts to fit their world view.  Josh was married super young, probably because they saw his libido and wanted to give him an outlet.  worked out great too, obviously (sarcasm again).

to the italicized: no, i highly doubt it.  Where would they have ever found that info? sad :(  hopefully their partners are good in bed and help them find that out. 

As someone up thread said the leaves were changing in the video. I didn't my yearly pilgrimage this year so not sure when the leaves changed for sure.  So they've been together for over a year or it's been two months tops.  Then again this could be a recreation of the real event. 

2 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

As someone up thread said the leaves were changing in the video. I didn't my yearly pilgrimage this year so not sure when the leaves changed for sure.  So they've been together for over a year or it's been two months tops.  Then again this could be a recreation of the real event. 

oh goody another staged event - the producers must need pictures every time something gets staged 

For all we know, these two are already married.

Duggar timelines and PR stuff is so weird.

I just found out about the courtship so naturally I ran to Free Jinger. Joy-Anna is a year younger than me. I can't imagine getting married and having kids at my age. She's probably going to get married and have a kid before I even become a licensed social worker (as of right now I will probably be licensed in 2019 I'm trying to get through my BSW right now then I have my masters). It's so weird to think about someone my age is in a completely different place. When I think of someone my age I either think of a college student or someone who didn't go to college and is most likely working full time. I don't think of someone my age getting married and having kids. It's their way of life though. So all I can hope for is for this Austin guy to treat her right and hope she's happy (also a long courtship not sure if that will happen though).

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

eta: I just checked duggarfam's Instagram follows and Austin is no longer on it. Laura is also private, and I can see her on the list. I wonder if he all of a sudden started getting a flood of add requests today? 

He's still there but he changed his username (fly4jesus) at some point so I'm gonna say you're right about the add requests.

14 minutes ago, stevie said:

Joy-Anna is a year younger than me. I can't imagine getting married and having kids at my age.

FTR I had 3 kids by 24.  The kids lasted, the husband did not. 

3 hours ago, defraudedbychipendales said:

Worlds Strictest Parents:

They browbeated a Jewish girl into going to church with them?

I have no words...

I could understand making them cook or do chores, but the family had no right to coerce them to attend a religious place.

Plus, that bit about not having premarital sex because it would hurt your mom's feelings was gross. Fundie parents are too invested in their children's sexuality, this coming from someone who wants to wait till marriage to do anything sexual.

43 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

And to think once Joy is married, she will be looked upon as more of an adult than her senior, yet unmarried sister, Jana. Sad.

The Jana Isn't the Wanted Bride vibe is pissing me off. She is the eldest daughter. She is bossing all of those kids around like no ones business I bet. Women her age teach 30 plus kids 5 days a week...IF she is homeschooling ALL of them she can pair the bigs with the littles, and supervise the jurisdictions. Help can and is bought around there. I'm so glad she's chillin' in the TTH for now. When her sibs offspring come to visit Michelle is all over those babies, and she can supervise playtime. Since we all trash Jeremy and Bin, she should be picky as all fuck and avoid the circling fundie dip shits. I can't understand being worried about young Joy courting and in the same post be worried about poor Jana. I hope she's single for the next year or 2--better than having a new blessing a year from age 19 to 40.  As an eldest child she is well aware of the responsibilities of marrying young and having a crazy number of children. Maybe, just maybe, she is making a different choice. 

Does Tabitha still live at the Duggar house? If so, at least there's still someone there for Jana to hang out with.

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

I was taught, in Catholic school in The Most Conservative Diocese in America, tm, that sex has two purposes in marriage: procreative and unitive. Thus it is an important part of marriage regardless of the possibility of conception. 

And, of course, regardless of church teaching, surveys have indicated that as many as 98% of American Catholic women of childbearing age have used contraception at some point. The bishops might be saying it, but most of us aren't accepting it. 

The vehemently anti-contraception Catholic women I know are either a) past childbearing age with 2-3 well spaced children or b ) single and not even dating.  

Where is the most conservative diocese?

Oh yes, more power to Jana if being single is what she truly wants. I hope it is, and she's not sitting around sad like Michael Bates says she was before Brandon discovered Michael was interesting enough. I don't see Jana as more or less valuable as any of her sisters. She seems to have he biggest skill set though, so maybe that's off putting to a lot of fundies? I dunno. It's just really sad that they look at unmarried women as little kids until there's a ring on their left hand.

I have a theory about the timing of this courtship announcement - what if they announced right now during the hype of Jinger's wedding to avoid backlash of "she's so young!".

I don't think it had a huge amount to do with ratings, because the people who would be invested enough in a new courtship would've already been watching JinJers wedding. So really, they probably didn't gain viewers. Where as if they teased for a new courtship right before the next season, everyone would've tuned in for the first episode to find out who it is. But then everything would have to be kept under wraps. Very hard to do if they're already engaged and nearing marriage.

Hmmmm!

On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 0:38 AM, ClaraOswin said:

These weird-ass videos have got to stop! Do they not know how bizarre and awkward they look??

Do they realize a courtship isn't a big deal in the real world? 

I personally think that Jana isn't married because immature fundie guys find her intimidating. If I was a guy I would. If he isn't the first born in his family he knows the older sisters in that circle whip everything into shape. and yes the girls may have a sweet face and know how to keep sweet, but when it comes to someone they know they are supposed to submit to, they know that that person better come correct or not at all. 

I think for Jana, she's waiting on Mr. Completely Right and not a right now type of guy. She won't jump on someone so fast because she remembers what it's like to struggle and refuses to have that happen to her again. I think at her age she knows that she needs someone who is estblished, and not just trying to make it there. 

2 hours ago, nst said:

so laura is austin's sister and now joy is courting this guy and laura aka maisespace is always around jana

Austin's sister is Megan, she's married to Bobby Ballinger Jr., who is a Congressional staffer in Rep. Westerman's district office in Ozark, and they are expecting their first.

1 hour ago, stevie said:

I just found out about the courtship so naturally I ran to Free Jinger. Joy-Anna is a year younger than me. I can't imagine getting married and having kids at my age. She's probably going to get married and have a kid before I even become a licensed social worker (as of right now I will probably be licensed in 2019 I'm trying to get through my BSW right now then I have my masters). It's so weird to think about someone my age is in a completely different place. When I think of someone my age I either think of a college student or someone who didn't go to college and is most likely working full time. I don't think of someone my age getting married and having kids. It's their way of life though. So all I can hope for is for this Austin guy to treat her right and hope she's happy (also a long courtship not sure if that will happen though).

I feel the same way about all of this. I'm just 20, my life right now is school, friends and drinks. It just kills me she's been denyed all of this. It just kills me she's been denied to have her first kiss in private. It kills me she hasn't been allowed to make mistakes. The worst of all, is that she doesn't even know what she is missing. She has been denied all that life has to offer, and now, she is going to go have a baby every other year. She is the first Duggar or Bates girl younger than me, and it his close to home. I knew they were young when they married, but it hasn't been until now than i'm realizing how young they are. How young we are.

57 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

Do they realize a courtship isn't a big deal in the real world? 

It's all about the $$$ with this family:kitty-cussing: Anything to keep them relevant and in the spotlight. 

Poor Joy. I really hope they have a long courting period. Knowing Dim Bob, he's got to marry her off by the end of the next season to keep the family in the spotlight.

Is it bad that I hope there is another BIGGER scandal waiting to be found that would finally destroy the Duggar's tv career? 

44 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I feel the same way about all of this. I'm just 20, my life right now is school, friends and drinks. It just kills me she's been denyed all of this. It just kills me she's been denied to have her first kiss in private. It kills me she hasn't been allowed to make mistakes. The worst of all, is that she doesn't even know what she is missing. She has been denied all that life has to offer, and now, she is going to go have a baby every other year. She is the first Duggar or Bates girl younger than me, and it his close to home. I knew they were young when they married, but it hasn't been until now than i'm realizing how young they are. How young we are.

(This is not directed negatively to you in particular @Fundie Bunny, yours is just the last one in this vein)

I really like when people say they're sad that Jana (or other girls) weren't given a choice, rather than being sad about all the partying/drinking they missed. There have been more than one post along those lines. Some people don't want certain things that life has to offer. Some people don't want to party, drink, or date lots of people. There is nothing inherently necessary or life-changing about doing those things. It's the lack of choice in the matter. 

Also, I think many (I'd even venture most) Fundie women know --- and discuss with friends --- much more about sex than some of y'all think. I actually laughed out loud at the thought of all these Fundie women not even knowing that they can/should enjoy sex. Now, some still have hang-ups and issues, I'm sure, but you'll find that among all women.  (And, yes, I'm sure there's a handful of crazy sheltered families that really don't teach their girls properly about sex.)

Hopefully none of this sounds preachier than intended :-/

Don't know if his has been mentioned, probably has, but has it been said how long they've been courting? My guess is several months. I've come across a few pics and one pictured Joy Anna helping out at a camp at Fort rock. Austin's dad is standing very close to joy, and that pic was from July. In another pic, Austin is sitting only 2 seats away from Joy only to be separated by is sister Meagan and that was from January of his year. 

I could imagine they started courting recently, but have been "special friends" for a while. Since Josiah's broken courtship I can see them being extra cautious before making things official. Plus these two seem very comfortable around each other so I'm sure this has been in the works for a while. If that is the case, I do wonder how long they can stretch out this courtship since Joy is so young. Will she be a teen bride?

Somebody guessed earlier that Joy and Austin are courting for quite a while now. If this is true, why did TLC decide to focus on JinJeremy this season instead ?

I get sooo confused with those timelines...

I don't really see the point of courtship announcements, we all know what it means is they're already engaged but just have to do the fake telly proposal.

That video shows what it really is: a promo for the next season.

"TUNE INTO TLC FOR MORE JOY AND AUSTIN"

Joy is young and his family are Cray Cray.

But

They've known each other since they were little - this means she probably knows what she's getting into more than her sisters did, and they probably know each other better. They played together when little.

His family owns that camp. It may be a sign that she hasn't been quite as broken as we think. She's going to a place where she can do active outdoors stuff. 

She has a chance to learn skills there. There have been pictures of her working at their camps previously. During the time she's married but not yet birthed her first, she may well work for the camp and at least have things to do unlike the paralytic boredom Jill and Jessa had at this time.

She's marrying crazy fundies who've almost certainly used birth control. This may give her access.

Personally I'm happier with Austin then Jeremy (why would a college educated experienced person want a submissive with no life experience?) Or Derrick who sought JB out after seeing the show.

I think everyone knows what they're getting with this one and while it's not what I want for her, it's what was expected.

3 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

(This is not directed negatively to you in particular @Fundie Bunny, yours is just the last one in this vein)

I really like when people say they're sad that Jana (or other girls) weren't given a choice, rather than being sad about all the partying/drinking they missed. There have been more than one post along those lines. Some people don't want certain things that life has to offer. Some people don't want to party, drink, or date lots of people. There is nothing inherently necessary or life-changing about doing those things. It's the lack of choice in the matter. 

Also, I think many (I'd even venture most) Fundie women know --- and discuss with friends --- much more about sex than some of y'all think. I actually laughed out loud at the thought of all these Fundie women not even knowing that they can/should enjoy sex. Now, some still have hang-ups and issues, I'm sure, but you'll find that among all women.  (And, yes, I'm sure there's a handful of crazy sheltered families that really don't teach their girls properly about sex.)

Hopefully none of this sounds preachier than intended :-/

It's not about not drinking, or not having sex, or not studying, or marrying young. Is about choices. Do they know about it? Probably. Did she ever have a choice in wether to live this life or not? Absolutley not. Well yes, she does have a choice, marrying the first guy that daddy likes enough or being stuck at home, not being able to even go to the grocery store by herself and raising her siblings. Knowing that cousin Amy is a terrible sinner that dances and drinks but not being allowed to be with her at her house is totally knowing what she is missing

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived