IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin, Part 2

Destiny

This thread is moving faster than a Duggar courtship! Was anyone able to determine when the photo on their website was taken or posted?  I'm not a computer guru so I was wondering is that information embedded in the photo or have I been watching too much forensic files again?

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RhythmicSkater said:

Agreed. Austin gives me slightly Chad-like vibes. Also the fort rock picture is just badly lit; no one looks good in that picture. 

I thought the same thing -- in some photos he looks like Chad.

2 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

This thread is moving faster than a Duggar courtship! Was anyone able to determine when the photo on their website was taken or posted?  I'm not a computer guru so I was wondering is that information embedded in the photo or have I been watching too much forensic files again?

well since we don't go on that website ever or least I don't - perhaps they just did it last night - unless someone regularly goes to that website daily - they might know :)

but talk about branding all of a sudden - nothing says courting a duggar than putting a picture on a national website people will go to 

2 hours ago, season of life said:

(the embarrassment that was Josiah's courtship)

Seems poor Josiah ruined it for all future Duggar males! So odd that super young Joy is being shipped off before any Duggar male.

1 minute ago, twinmama said:

Seems poor Josiah ruined it for all future Duggar males! So odd that super young Joy is being shipped off before any Duggar male.

More interest in girls than boys. Ratings, it's all about the ratings. 

Maybe Jana is courting but they are holding her back for a double wedding with JD. Less attention for both of them :P 

Clearly Joy just wanted out of Duggarville. Joy is different from all of her sisters in that she did not have a close in age sister sib. Yes, she had Jill as her Sister Slave Mom, but that's not an equal relationship, and Jill has moved on. Joy is an Island surrounded by J-Brothers. Joy's getting out before she becomes the forever  Sister Slave to a gaggle of J-Brothers.

Just now, Carm_88 said:

More interest in girls than boys. Ratings, it's all about the ratings. 

True. And while Josh's scandal doesn't say anything at all about the other Duggar boys, I can see a family not wanting their daughter being thrown to the Duggars. Much easier and better to send your son to "rescue" one of the D Girls.

1 minute ago, twinmama said:

True. And while Josh's scandal doesn't say anything at all about the other Duggar boys, I can see a family not wanting their daughter being thrown to the Duggars. Much easier and better to send your son to "rescue" one of the D Girls.

and again i don't have siblings - but how many of you who have brothers and sisters - don't the sister's get married first? 

in my mother's family they did...

My guess I should Joy and Austin will live and work at Fort rock under the thumb of daddy Forsythe. They will pop out baby after baby. The Forsythes didn't want to raise a litter of children but I'm sure they want a litter of grandchildren. They already have their first on the way. 

1 hour ago, Justmurrayed said:

I don't think Joy will have any time to really think once her first 6 babies come before she's 30. 

Bet that's where Jana ends up. Joy's nanny. 

Up(?)side, There's no one left. The only other Duggar girl to start a-courtin' is Jana. So after Joy's married, it's either Jana, the boys, or a huge long break before it's even legal for Johannah to be sold off.

12 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

What were the comments like for Josiah and Marjorie? She was even younger than Joy, right?

I guess the negative comments weren't so much negative about her so much as negative for her, though.

Thanks. That is what I meant and not only for her but also about him, his family and believes. With Jeremy it was all "so secular, he will free her" first and then turned into (in my opinion ridiculous) statements like "abusive alcoholic, poor Jinger" pretty fast. With Austin we started the "shit, this family might be even worse" right away. 

By the way- have you all noticed the necklace in the picture posted by Mrs. Figg? The charm is hidden so it could be the Texas one. Their courtship might have started somewhat around that time or they were already serious about courting as next step.  Or I'm just reading too much into it... 

4 hours ago, MorningMist said:

Forgive me for sounding too un-snarky, but this is the first courtship announcement I've seen that doesn't scream warning signs at me. Don't get me wrong, I've read about his family and stuff so know there's definitely a problem there but they just seem so...comfortable(?) around each other in the video. It really lacks the awkwardness of the others.

I'm clinging on to this hope for now as I know this won't be the case in like a years time! :my_confused:

I feel like they seem like good ol' pals. Like, if they didn't live in Fundy world, they may be friends and just hang out as friends. And have a friendship that doesn't lead to eleventy!!1!11!!! babies. Sigh.

I asked this before, but I think it got lost in the quick moving threads last night. Why do we think Joy and Austin will go live with/near his family instead of joining the Duggar circus on the compound?

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Clearly Joy just wanted out of Duggarville. Joy is different from all of her sisters in that she did not have a close in age sister sib. Yes, she had Jill as her Sister Slave Mom, but that's not an equal relationship, and Jill has moved on. Joy is an Island surrounded by J-Brothers. Joy's getting out before she becomes the forever  Sister Slave to a gaggle of J-Brothers.

My take on it too. I think she is in teenage love though. With so many married sisters I think they might stand a chance, though I  know nothing about him.  I think she's like a lot of girls from big families in days gone by "If I'm going to do all this damned work, I'm doing it in my own home."

I was hoping for any of the boys.  I wish Josiah was secretly taking classes with Marjorie for example. The Joshy scandal apart, part of the courtship, supposedly, was learning graphic design. I also wonder about Joe--if something failed with a Bates due to the scandal and the Bates network not wanting their show tainted. Obviously there should have been a story line of him off at Crown College.

Poor Jana. She and Sarah Maxwell.....

9 minutes ago, nst said:

and again i don't have siblings - but how many of you who have brothers and sisters - don't the sister's get married first? 

in my mother's family they did...

And in my parents' families they did not. I think that had more to do with ages than gender. My dad and  his siblings married in exact age order which was reasonable considering gaps of at least four years between each. That made it the two brothers first then the sisters. 

Also, the boys are supposed to have a business to support a family and own a house. We know John can supply all of that. We know there is tv money but not how it is divided.  That may be holding up,  Joe and Siah--may be part of the "growing" Siah needs.

4 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

I asked this before, but I think it got lost in the quick moving threads last night. Why do we think Joy and Austin will go live with/near his family instead of joining the Duggar circus on the compound?

Personally I think that the fact that she's now included in the website for the Forsyth business suggests she'll be involved in some way, which is more likely to happen if she's living there or nearby. But that's just a guess.

I am unable to watch the strictest parents video from the links provided unthread, so I searched YouTube. 

Who knows about the timing though. 

IMG_6320.PNGs

1. Why does everyone assume Jana doesn't want to get married? What if she had some failed courtships(or whatever they call it)? Maybe she hasn't  had serious courtship offers.

2. I think Joy and Austin will be married by the summer of 2017.

Wait, why is this reddit thread proven to be true now?  I didn't watch the episode and I didn't see any Joy courting mentions in it. Was a marriage retreat mentioned on the show?

10 hours ago, rosaline said:

Just watched some of the Strictest Parents episode. This is the fundie-est prospective groom yet. I am crushed. Poor, poor Joy.

Does this exist anywhere online for non-Americans?

18 minutes ago, twinmama said:

Up(?)side, There's no one left. The only other Duggar girl to start a-courtin' is Jana. So after Joy's married, it's either Jana, the boys, or a huge long break before it's even legal for Johannah to be sold off.

Wow, that's a good point Jana is the only eligible daughter left. So from now on out it's only Duggar boy marriages (less appealing ratings-wise than daughter marriages) and/or more babies (much less interesting than babies, in my opinion).

Though I suppose the Bateses only have Carlin left in terms of courting age eligible daughters. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived