IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin, Part 2

Destiny

27 minutes ago, pfled said:

Reddit story? link please

I think it was this one https://www.reddit.com/r/19KidsandCounting/comments/55nyoa/spent_this_past_weekend_with_the_duggars_jimbob/

The only thing about this announcement that doesn't make me want to throw up is that they've known each other practically their whole lives.  She's really, really young, but it's preferable to being really, really young and winding up with a virtual stranger.

First I had hope that she just wanted to get the hell out of Dodge, but then I read more about his family.  Ugh.  ugh, ugh, ugh.  I hope she's as happy as she knows how to be.  

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RhythmicSkater said:

I've waded through this entire thread but must've missed this… the only strictest parents episode I can find that's a Texas family with a kid called Austin has a different last name… (Frasier or something). Is there another episode that just isn't listed online? (this is the only one I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fYtKR3v_Lo&t=448s)

The family no longer lives in Texas, they live in Arkansas. Others have linked to the episode, I think in the previous thread. I found info about the episode on Wikipedia. The kids were a girl from LA and a boy from Des Mounes. The parents are listed as Terry and Roxanne Forsyth from Combs, Arkansas.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Honestly? After the news about the moldy orange last week, I really don't give two shits about which Duggar spawn is courting or not. The adults in that family all likely voted for the moldy orange - and the moldy orange is now stacking his staff with white supremacists, homophobes, misogynists, xenophobes, sexists, and racists. I blame them for whatever fresh Hell the moldy orange and the grandpa from "King for the Hill" unleash upon the rest of us.

(Just to be clear, I'm in no way judging anyone for being upset or concerned. I understand a lot of you have watched Joy grow up and you were hoping for better than this for her. You guys have my sympathies, but Joy and the other Duggars do not. Not anymore. I'm officially done feeling bad for the legal adults in that family.

Also, I didn't sleep well and had bad dreams most of the night. So I'm kind of cranky right now and don't have my usual "play nice in the sandbox" filter on. Sorry!)

ETA: I'm sorry. I sound really bitchy and bitter here. I'm very hormonal and emotional the closer I get to my due date. I actually started crying at the breakfast table this morning because the flowers my husband got me for our anniversary are making my allergies worse - because the lilies just started blooming. And I love lilies. So now I'm sad about the lilies and stressed and worried and hormonal and just not having my best moment this morning.

I'm not pg and I'm bitchy and angry about moldy orange. After reading about Stephen Bannon I poured wine and cried. 

I have to agree with the other poster who said an engagement is in the works. They have face to lose if this courtship doesn't work (the embarrassment that was Josiah's courtship), so at this point the Duggars will only spill the beans about courting kids if the signs point to a wedding special.

Then again, I thought Nathan Bates and Ashley Salyer would work out and I was dead wrong.

4 minutes ago, season of life said:

I have to agree with the other poster who said an engagement is in the works. They have face to lose if this courtship doesn't work (the embarrassment that was Josiah's courtship), so at this point the Duggars will only spill the beans about courting kids if the signs point to a wedding special.

Then again, I thought Nathan Bates and Ashley Salyer would work out and I was dead wrong.

Definitely on the engagement route. sigh. My guess is an early spring wedding. Unless that wouldn't work with their tv schedule? I have no idea since I don't watch them. 

I'm sure this has already been mentioned but like... they're either engaged already or very seriously courting.

Reasons:

1) After the Josiah incident they're not taking any chances (see Jinger getting engaged a month after announcing).

2) Joy is already in the Forsyth Family Photo on their website

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 9.20.31 AM.png

2 hours ago, Jennifer Hart said:

I wanted to have a look at the episode, but the website says: "Error 404: Due to the recent redesign of our site, the page you are requesting has been moved or is no longer available."
It is not because of my location (tried it both with and without a VPN). Anyone else having the same issue? Do you think TLC or JimBoob demanded the video to be deleted from the website?

I'm honestly shocked. I hoped it would be one of the boys. Interesting that all Duggar and Bates Boy's who courted had one failed courtship and only two are married now. For the Duggars, maybe the whole Josh scandal burned them for the most fundie fathers? Or they are not interested- they get served by their sisters and don't have to provide for their own wife and quiver. Quite comfortable. 

Interessting to me: Austin is the first courter (that I witness) where all the comments are quite negative from the start. 

40 minutes ago, Justmurrayed said:

Definitely on the engagement route. sigh. My guess is an early spring wedding. Unless that wouldn't work with their tv schedule? I have no idea since I don't watch them. 

Their filming schedule gives me a little hope ... It looks like when they return in January it's going to be all about Jinger again, and show the lead up to the wedding. Maybe that will push Joy's timeline to the fall, or hopefully spring 2018. I think I've given up hope for a great outcome.

11 minutes ago, BemusedByFundamentalism said:

I wanted to have a look at the episode, but the website says: "Error 404: Due to the recent redesign of our site, the page you are requesting has been moved or is no longer available."
It is not because of my location (tried it both with and without a VPN). Anyone else having the same issue? Do you think TLC or JimBoob demanded the video to be deleted from the website?

Nevermind! I found another link in another thread and now I have the video up and running (although I'm not so sure if that's a good thing...)

2 minutes ago, Yomoaw said:

Their filming schedule gives me a little hope ... It looks like when they return in January it's going to be all about Jinger again, and show the lead up to the wedding. Maybe that will push Joy's timeline to the fall, or hopefully spring 2018. I think I've given up hope for a great outcome.

I'm thinking it'll be fall 2017 then.I don't think they'll wait since ratings are everything. I don't know their birthdays either, will that make her any older? Not that it matters really, but let's hope it at least gives them both some maturity in what's going to be happening. 

10 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I was working out at the gym when the episode aired, so my friend sent me the link. So many things popped into my head, but the first was, "Oh my God, FJ must be going ape shit right now." Anyways, here's some more deep thoughts with the Duggars.

1. If Joy marries soon, Jana will be stuck in a room with all her younger sisters. Jana turns 27 in January, and her next closest sister is Johannah, who is 11. That's a 16 year age gap. How downright miserable will that be for Jana? Even if she doesn't want to marry yet, she's still stuck right where she always has been.

2. Joy could be married at 19 and popping out babies by 20 or 21. SMDH.

3. Still no boys in a courtship yet. I really feel like the Joshley Madison scandals did a number on them, whether deserved or not. Geez, that's a lot of manboys cramped into bunk beds in that one room at the TTH.

4. Finally, I would just like to thank 6 pound 7 ounce baby Jesus for letting me be born into a normal, liberal, middle-class family that valued education and experiencing all life has to offer.

End scene.

With the exception of JD, JB's boys are not that enticing. No one is educated or employed. Add in Josh's behaviors and even fundies will take a pass on those young men.

If JB has visions of those boys marrying and more importantly procreating more DUGGARS, he had better allow/encourage/pay for some of his sons to procure some education or solid employment outside the home. Some of them have to be qualified to drive a bus or a truck. How about WM? They could get in at the ground level. 

Hey JB, ITRW, people need paying jobs before they can marry and procreate. To date, you've raised a bunch of Duggar welfare recipients. Stop being so selfish- we all know you keep them dumb so they can work for you- you get the money and keep the control. You're an asshat of the highest order.

9 hours ago, feministxtian said:

How unbelievably fake. J'chelle looked like she had to stop and think about the kid's name. And..WTF is up with the apron? That bitch ain't cooked a meal in ages. 

The only good thing about this is that Joy looks like she wants to bolt.  Or wretch.  Or both.  That's a hopeful sign.

10 hours ago, snickers34 said:

No. He said the last time they were there together was August 1, 2015. They didn't say that's when they started courting.

They haven't even seen each other in 15 months and now they are courting?

15 months is a long time in the life of a girl who just turned 19!

8 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Was this mentioned already earlier in the thread? I guess she is already on the main ForkRock page in a family photo. Wonder how close we are to an actual engagement at this point?

1.jpg

Would seem like they're already engaged if they're doing this!  This is a huge statement.

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think they meant the last time they were at Fort Rock together was August of 2015. I'm sure they've seen each other elsewhere since then?! 

4 minutes ago, trustworthy said:

Would seem like they're already engaged if they're doing this!  This is a huge statement.

I definitely agree, or at least it's close, and TLC just needs to find some time to get the cameras there for the "real deal". Ugh. So young, I can only hope they can grow up together and become closer from that but without birth control, I don't think Joy will have any time to really think once her first 6 babies come before she's 30. 

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

No, I think it was the last time they were at that spot. I'm sure they've seen plenty of one another recently because they don't live far and their families are friends. Especially with all the wedding festivities.

10 hours ago, socalrules said:

I completely agree. Honestly, I think it's likely that most will not even go fundy-lite. We keep thinking that every eye-roll, nice shoes or marriage is leading them on the road to wearing pants and becoming strong independent individuals. They aren't going to start using birth control. The more we want to believe that the more they show how they are digging their heels into the cult. I think this may just be what they want. They likely look at our lives and think we are crazy and wonder why we don't want to live like them. 

None of them have done anything to show they are becoming fundy-lite. Everything we point to as showing they are changing is likely more TLC driven than anything else. What have we seen or heard of them doing that shows they are becoming fundy-lite that does not involve TLC in anyway? I can't think of a thing. 

Having more children seemingly keeps the $how going.

It's really odd though, because 19 children marrying and having children really isn't show worthy, interesting or entertaining at all. 

The real interesting story has already happened. JB and M were "the" story- A couple with 19 kids.

Until one of these kids has 15+ kids, it's just not that interesting.

When will TLC cut the cord?

10 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Volunteer.  it looks like , so just small town boys playing. 

Not to stir the shit pot, and respectfully saying, but in my town and state, volunteer firemen do everything a paid fireman does, they just make about $10/ per call. And have to take time off from their regular jobs to do so. A lot of our towns are small and don't have a non-volunteer department. If it is an area that has wild/large grass fires, they are sometimes out for 12 hour shifts, in extreme heat and smoke, for multiple days in a row. Not to mention the medical calls where they see some pretty awful things. On Fourth of July, when they smoke meat for our barbecue, and do the town firework show, they might just be small town boys playing. The rest of the time they do some pretty heroic things for basically no money. I don't know if the case is the same for Austin, but I just wanted to clarify.

ETA: I didn't read through before I posted. I won't make that mistake again. Sorry for dog piling ya. Especially when I read about your cousin. I am sorry to hear that. 

8 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Was this mentioned already earlier in the thread? I guess she is already on the main ForkRock page in a family photo. Wonder how close we are to an actual engagement at this point?

1.jpg

I agree they're probably already engaged for this to be up there (unless they're cashing in on TLC)

I call a Christmas 'proposal' and a March wedding :( 

8 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

And Joy is the first Duggar younger than me. It was sad before, but now it's depressing

I know how you feel. Jinger was the first one younger than me to get hitched. 

We'll get through this together :handsex:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived