IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin, Part 2

Destiny

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm desperately searching for humor in all this. Pence looking like Hank Hill's dad is one of the very few bright spots. :pb_lol:

My god. How did I never make that connection? Someone needs to get this on the meme train STAT.

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Honestly? After the news about the moldy orange last week, I really don't give two shits about which Duggar spawn is courting or not. The adults in that family all likely voted for the moldy orange - and the moldy orange is now stacking his staff with white supremacists, homophobes, misogynists, xenophobes, sexists, and racists. I blame them for whatever fresh Hell the moldy orange and the grandpa from "King for the Hill" unleash upon the rest of us.

(Just to be clear, I'm in no way judging anyone for being upset or concerned. I understand a lot of you have watched Joy grow up and you were hoping for better than this for her. You guys have my sympathies, but Joy and the other Duggars do not. Not anymore. I'm officially done feeling bad for the legal adults in that family.

Also, I didn't sleep well and had bad dreams most of the night. So I'm kind of cranky right now and don't have my usual "play nice in the sandbox" filter on. Sorry!)

ETA: I'm sorry. I sound really bitchy and bitter here. I'm very hormonal and emotional the closer I get to my due date. I actually started crying at the breakfast table this morning because the flowers my husband got me for our anniversary are making my allergies worse - because the lilies just started blooming. And I love lilies. So now I'm sad about the lilies and stressed and worried and hormonal and just not having my best moment this morning.

I feel the same way. After last week, I can't do much fundie snark, because it seems like the Duggar vision for America is coming true. This family is so extreme in their beliefs and covered up molestation, yet they get rewarded for their depravity with a TV show and magazine covers. I have no doubt all the Duggars of voting age voted for Trump and are wetting themselves with the possibility of rolling back abortion rights, LGBT rights, and probably even civil rights for blacks. It seems like evil is on the march, and I can't feel any excitement for this new courtship that will just produce more grinning zombies for Gothardism.

50 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Where did Grandma Duggar go?  (Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I stopped following this family awhile back because I got tired of their fame whoring.)

I think Grandma is living or spending more time with Deanna(Amy's mom) since she got divorced. Could have this wrong! I don't watch the Duggars on tv anymore.

So let me get this straight:

The Forsyths own Fort Rock Family Camp (which the Duggars have visited multiple times), and they have 2 kids, Austin and Megan.

Austin is courting Joy Duggar

Last fall, Megan married Bobby Ballinger Jr., who is a Congressional staffer in Rep. Westerman's district office in Ozark (he's still there, I just checked), and they are expecting. Multiple Duggars attended the wedding--we discussed it at the time. His father, Bobby Ballinger Sr. is an lawyer and a Arkansas State Representative, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ballinger

is that correct?

1 hour ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Where did Grandma Duggar go?  (Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I stopped following this family awhile back because I got tired of their fame whoring.)

I think it has been speculated that she now lives with her daughter.

On the plus side: They've known each other longer than 5 minutes.

He is one of TWO children.

They are outdoor people and Joy can hopefully stop pretending she's 'reformed' from her 'tomboy ways'.

On the downside. She's 19.

Jana is going to be even more lumbered with sprogs.

I hope Grandma did move out. It pisses me off how they treated her, particularly how Boob always fawned over MEEEEchelle and pretty much blanked her bar a quick 'thanks' on Mother's Day.

1 hour ago, Kira said:

I think it's because she seems.. quiet or shy :shrug:    I've seen so many fundie women blog about not being able to find their "Prince Charming". Jana's situation is not unique in fundieland. Her best friends got married in their late twenties.  I know Jana is beautiful, It just wouldn't surprise me if Jana is having problems finding suitors.

I agree about Josiah and Marjorie. I can see another courtship being announced next season. Maybe Joe and Kendra Caldwell? 

Somehow I missed any mention of Kendra. I did read that Marjorie is taking classes--I hope 'Siah is joining her but they haven't/won't film? That would be a good way to "grow" together--even Bible classes.

Heh, the boy from the World's Strictest Parents episode grew up in the same area as me and we have mutual friends. Judging from his Facebook, the Forsyths didn't rub off on him too hard.

I can't believe I watched that whole episode. I also can't believe that they pushed their church so much on the Jewish kid, or that they thought painting an outdoor structure during a rainstorm would be a wise use of time.

5 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Heh, the boy from the World's Strictest Parents episode grew up in the same area as me and we have mutual friends. Judging from his Facebook, the Forsyths didn't rub off on him too hard.

I can't believe I watched that whole episode. I also can't believe that they pushed their church so much on the Jewish kid, or that they thought painting an outdoor structure during a rainstorm would be a wise use of time.

Um...its a reality show....the Jewish thing would cause great controversy. It got a lot of play when it was broadcast that they were super religious. I was thinking it was longer ago than it was.  I really felt watching it at the time that the kids were actors---like how BIN came across at first.

Regarding the Duggar boys, there is a very good reason why all the girls are getting married first:  they have more options.

Purity is, no matter how much they try to deny it, really only important for the woman.  It's perfectly fine for a Duggar woman to marry outside the cult, so long as her husband professes to being reformed.  But there is NO WAY that a WOMAN who attended a secular college like Derrick/Jeremy would be even somewhat considered for any of the boys.  The boys MUST marry SAHD, who are not only harder to meet, but also harder to woo as there have been many rumors for quite a while that the Duggar family is not all that highly regarded in their own circles.  

Further, the girls' suitors can come to them, so their fame and looks help them out a lot.  The boys CANNOT accept advances, THEY must be the ones to make the first move.  In this way, filming hampers them as they have LESS time on their own to go off and get to know potential mates.  Unlike Ben, it would be UNHEARD of for a female suitor to come live with the Duggars for an extended period of time.  She needs to be protected in her father's house, you know!

So really, the Duggar's beliefs and lifestyle basically drop the chances of their sons to make a "good marriage" next to 0.  They have an incredibly limited pool to choose from and are incredibly limited in their ability to pursue anyone they might choose.  Their choices may be either to go the route of Zach Bates and rebel slightly, or to choose someone from a hanger on family like the Rodriguii.  

I'm obviously late to the party and I don't really have anything new to say but I think this should be said again: She's nineteen, damn it!

Well Jana should just get used to doing everything with no help from anyone ever because now that Joy is courting, she can't POSSIBLY think of anything other than hair, makeup, picking out outfits, and texting/calling the boy. 

3 hours ago, nst said:

I am thinking they started courting 3-4 months ago based on them wearing the same outfit in the promo and as in last night's reveal 

which means wedding time  March of next year.....

I think the fact that they have known each other but in the same cult for 15 years is telling 

I don't trust that seeing as how Jinger's wedding was only a couple of weeks ago and they were able to air that last night.  So it is hard to judge just how long ago they filmed the promo.

I have a weird question...

If the Duggars had a child with a known fertility issue....would they "allow" that child to get married? I have known people who knew when they were very young that they would never be able to have kids. I just wonder how the Duggars would deal with something like that. 

13 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

If the Duggars had a child with a known fertility issue....would they "allow" that child to get married? I have known people who knew when they were very young that they would never be able to have kids. I just wonder how the Duggars would deal with something like that. 

I think they would just pray about it.  God can do all things and keeping them from marrying would just deny god the ability to have his miracle.

14 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Wouldn't they just assume that a miracle would occur and the fertility issue will go away? I mean, short of having had a hysterectomy or some other vital part removed completely I can see them thinking it'll just happen anyway!

I can't help but wonder about the younger girls, who some (Jenni and Jordyn in particular) had a clear bond with their assigned sister mom. Since Jessa and Jill started courting, I have no doubt it's been a rough and confusing transition for them and appears to be perpetually so with more fleeing the TTH (Jenni also seems to be close with Joy) . I just hope they're getting the emotional support and nurturing they need given the sheer madness of their lives.  

I think someone said it earlier in this thread - the upside here is that it literally cannot get worse!

The next Duggar to court will either be Jana or a J'boy. No getting around that.

2 hours ago, Queen said:

No, not Joy, she's so young!! If it continues like this, Josie will be engaged before any of the J-boys. I sincerely hope Jana will not get more housework than she already has. Maybe Kim Jong Boob could help out? :giggle: I wanna see an episode where he has to take care of the household all by himself. Might teach him a lesson about how much effort wimmenz work might take... :evil-laugh: 

Lol. I'd like to see Boob AND Meeeeechelle look after their own kids. 

I wonder which J'boy is going to be pushed? Whose going to take one for the team and court a Rodkid? :pb_lol:

Watched the episode with the family. Man, that would suck. Also LMAO when Austin used a pillow and covered his lap/crotch.

No Austin don't look at her.. Auriel might take one of your heart pieces!!! haha. 

Also I am just miserable it is Joy who is courting. First poor girl is reprogrammed to HAVE to like Shopping and now this. 

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

I've definitely wondered about this in Gothardism. I have had a pretty conservative Catholic tell me that if a woman is barren, she should "discern" to (be forced by the Church doctrine to) never get married so as not to burden her husband with a fruitless (baby-less) marriage and instead spend your life serving the Church instead. Also some crock about the whole good and bad sex thing. I was told that if you knew the sex would NOT lead to a baby (using contraceptives, non p-in-v sex, if one or both partners are barren either medically or naturally) then it's a sin always. I am not sure if this is a popular thought in the Church, but this was at a Church function. So take that with a grain of salt.

However, since quiverfull folks also think you should have sex only for procreation, I wonder how they would feel? Do they think it's a failing on the woman only? What do they think about conditions such as PCOS or endometriosis? Would they expect a miracle? If the miracle never happened should they get a divorce so the man can have a quiverfull with another woman? Is all their backdated sex considered a sin at that point? I know, I know, I'm getting into the realm of ridiculousness. But I would truly like to know these things. 

Edit: Just to add, I don't think Jana has any known fertility issues and that is the reason why she isn't married yet. I think if it was an issue and that's why she wasn't married they would probably never talk about her wanting to get married in talking heads and instead really push the "servant's heart" idea that she just wants to stay at home and help.

22 minutes ago, WhyNotJulie said:

I think someone said it earlier in this thread - the upside here is that it literally cannot get worse!

The next Duggar to court will either be Jana or a J'boy. No getting around that.

Jeremiah is the only boy in the near future that I see as having a chance. He isn't balding and he is decent looking. 

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So let me get this straight:

The Forsyths own Fort Rock Family Camp (which the Duggars have visited multiple times), and they have 2 kids, Austin and Megan.

Austin is courting Joy Duggar

Last fall, Megan married Bobby Ballinger Jr., who is a Congressional staffer in Rep. Westerman's district office in Ozark (he's still there, I just checked), and they are expecting. Multiple Duggars attended the wedding--we discussed it at the time. His father, Bobby Ballinger Sr. is an lawyer and a Arkansas State Representative, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ballinger

is that correct?

is this the same camp the girls went to way back when there was an actual show 

because again product affiliation like tacos for life 

it's all about the freebee's with these people 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived