IGNORED

Maxwells conference fall 2011

Feberin

She might be allowed to listen to approved music. Knowing them, it's probably their own CD on a continuous loop.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Maxwells are posting so often this week I can't keep up.

Today Sarah got to see a manatee, and praised God for it. God, being a multi tasker, apparently can fix their transmission and allow for manatee spotting.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."-- Albert Einstein

How on God's green earth does one get in and out of a kayak in a skirt?????????????

A truly virtuous woman retains her modesty at ALL times! [gag]

Grrr... this irks me to no end. Yeah, let's throw common sense to the wind and wear a skirt EVERYWHERE! How about through the security lines when flying, which means the TSA is WAY more likely to see you as a threat. S.t.u.p.id

Why would Mary even have an iphone? She has no friends to call or text and her family doesn't let her out of their site so what is the point?

I wanted to see a Manatee in Fl. and all we saw were sharks(and of course I was on my period the one damn week we are in the Keys so I cannot even go in the water or attract more sharks to eat my kids :/ Damn Sarah and her manatee spotting! IF only God loved me as he loves Sarah.... :violin:

OMG I love sharks! We have two kinds of shark in Scotland, a massive big one (basking shark) and a tiny little one (dogfish). They will generally not hurt you tho dogfish can bite if annoyed.

I went up North once and a bloke had caught tiny shark in his lobster pot, about 2ft long (the shark, not the bloke). Its head had been stuck in the pot. He held it and I got to stroke it on the head (feels like sandpaper). Then he put it back very quickly so it would be OK after being out of the water. We watched it swim off.

Since then, I would like to see sharks in the wild. What kind did you see?

Another new post. More kayaking. All the kids are in lifejackets. (Can't see Sarah, I assume she taking the pic's.) Ma & Pa have none. Guess they are confident in their own ability to swim. ;)

This "trip" has sure turned from a working one to a "vacation"..... :shock:

Vacation? Never! They're on another "what some may call a vacation." :lol:

But yeah, I noticed that, too. I don't think the Maxwell kids know how to swim very well.

OK, we're a firmly happily atheist family but dude...

Chick-fil-a is delicious, and none of their sandwiches are over 400 calories or something like that. They've got waffle fries too. And they have nice playgrounds inside. I bring my kids there when they're being obnoxious so I can turn the heathens loose and catch up on some reading.

The only thing is, after you order, the Chick-fil-a-bots are instructed to respond with some sort of odd confirmation. The ones at my local franchise say, "my pleasure". It immediately takes a pervy tone in my head. So I only go if I'm really, REALLY craving chick-fil-a. The service is great, the manager is always walking around asking if they can get you something else (like a full service restaurant) and they're super clean but when I hear people say "my pleasure" my brain automatically thinks high end brothel.

Also, ours gives out Berenstein Bear books in the kids meals, so you get an extra dose of Jesus when you visit.

. An example of the attitude was a promotion we noticed at this store which was called Mom’s valet service. Moms with children can go through the drive-through and place their order. Then they park and by the time they have unloaded the children and gotten inside they will have their food and drinks at a table waiting for them. We really appreciate the company, its goals and ethics.

Steve"

Have to say I like this though! Shouldn't be a promotion, but a regular service for all fast food restaurants. But hey, gender equality- needs to apply to dads, too!!!

A truly virtuous woman retains her modesty at ALL times! [gag]

Grrr... this irks me to no end. Yeah, let's throw common sense to the wind and wear a skirt EVERYWHERE! How about through the security lines when flying, which means the TSA is WAY more likely to see you as a threat. S.t.u.p.id

If they can get in and out of the bunks in Uriah without defrauding their brothers, a kayak should be pretty easy.

Sharks scare me a bit. Someone got taken by a Great White off one of this city's more popular beaches this week. Doesn't stop me from swimming though.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."-- Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein was sort of an asshole too. I do not get why people are always posting his quotes. I respect him and would like to emulate his intelligence. But no way do I want his advice for how to live my life.

Also he is wrong. I work at a miracle factory. But seeing humpback whales was not a miracle.

I like gamey meat better - I prefer lamb to beef or pork, and deer or elk to both of those. If the meat's not going to be meat-flavored I'd just as soon eat something soy-based. I like goat meat a lot - I never had it until I moved up here, but it's a favorite. I wanted miniature nubians for our backyard but my boyfriend said no just because of stupid city ordinances. Not fair!

Unless you're a Maxwell. Then everything's a miracle unless it's Satan out to get you.

They're not confident in their ability to swim; they're confident that if they fall in, God himself will reach down his hands to save them. It's a foolish risk to take, but any kind of safety measures would be seen as not having faith. I'm guessing they only let the kids have them because they are probably legally required for minors.

I would wear a life vest and I am an excellent swimmer. They are in deep waters and there is a current. They SHOULD be wearing life vests. It's common sense you wear one any boat.

As for the photos, when did Anna lose her legs? (see the violin shot)

I would wear a life vest and I am an excellent swimmer. They are in deep waters and there is a current. They SHOULD be wearing life vests. It's common sense you wear one any boat.

Absolutely. If they didn't have enough life vests then they should have taken turns.

Maybe I'm just clumsy and overly cautious, but I wouldn't take an expensive camera on a kayak with me. If it got wet or I dropped it I'd be kicking myself forever. And my husband would never let me hear the end of it. Ever.

Absolutely. If they didn't have enough life vests then they should have taken turns.

Well maybe it's the last chance for the Maxwell girls to run.. so go manatees!!

Dare I say it? Isn't kayaking fun? They look like they're having fun.

Sure it is! Sarah found it especially fun because she could paddle against the current and link it to a bible phrase. :roll:

I'm much more concerned about the girls kayaking in those damn skirts! How are they supposed to swim safely if they end up in the water? Grrr.

We're avid kayakers and we don't always wear ours (we always have one on our daughter, though). We always have them (it's required by law in probably every state to at least have one per boater within reach, so I wonder if Ma and Pa have theirs in the boats?) with us, but we decide based on the condition of the water in question if we're going to wear them all day. I would be wearing mine in the gulf for sure, though.

ETA- And FL is no different. They are legally required to each have a PFD with them.

Archived