IGNORED

Maxwells conference fall 2011

Feberin

Looking back at their pictures, Christopher was always very interactive with the conference attendees and was very friendly. He was always shown making balloon animals and talking to everyone, and he was in a lot of pictures with the attendees.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the same post, gotta love the sweet condescension with which Sarah refers to the 'sweet widow' who cooked them their dinner. Does she not have a name, Sarah, or any other qualities by which she might be described?

I wish a family that goes to Maxwell conferences would blog about it and say something like "a delightful spinster stood in front of the crowd and gave an encouraging speech!" :twisted:

I wish a family that goes to Maxwell conferences would blog about it and say something like "a delightful spinster stood in front of the crowd and gave an encouraging speech!" :twisted:

A+++++

Awesome.

Guest Anonymous

Oh the irony, it burns...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

From the comments section on yesterday's thread:

Kathryn says:

October 16, 2011 at 9:39 pm

What is the new session about?

>>>>>>>>>>>

The skill of conversing.

Steve

Guest Anonymous

A+++++

Awesome.

Brilliant!

And a Sweet Journey book reviewer might note that "a middle-aged depressive shares the secrets of good mental health"

Guest Anonymous
Oh the irony, it burns...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

From the comments section on yesterday's thread:

Kathryn says:

October 16, 2011 at 9:39 pm

What is the new session about?

>>>>>>>>>>>

The skill of conversing.

Steve

Lemmesee, what will the curriculum consist of? Ah, yes:

Deathtalk 101

Sucking The Joy From Life For Fun And Profit

How Not To Idolize Foods And Inanimate Objects

You, Too, Can Be A Patriarse

Do It Yourself Psychotherapy

Ministering To The Elderly Whether They Like It Or Not

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/DSC_2982.jpg

It looks really off to me for some reason, but I can't quite figure out why!

Edit: BTW, it's from this blog post of their conference attendees

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2011/10/03/charlottes-conference/

I think the skin looks blurred/smudged and really unnatural (as do the shirts, but to a lesser degree). Could that be what you're seeing? Otherwise, it looks fairly normal to me.

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/DSC_2982.jpg

It looks really off to me for some reason, but I can't quite figure out why!

Edit: BTW, it's from this blog post of their conference attendees

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2011/10/03/charlottes-conference/

I agree it looks odd, like they've inserted Sarah between the two girls after the fact, but I doubt the Maxwells would do that. Why bother?

I agree it looks odd, like they've inserted Sarah between the two girls after the fact, but I doubt the Maxwells would do that. Why bother?

Yeah, I can't understand what the purpose would be. I think maybe it's the odd way the light falls on the three of their faces compared to all of the other pictures from the event (which were clear and showed a dim/overcast sky) - that's what made me think it looked so weird.

I think it is enhanced big time using Photo Shop. I have a friend who does that to photos a la Pioneer Woman.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about Photoshop. Never used it once.

However: Back in the day, I was pretty decent at photo printing -- we're talking the darkroom, the red light, the stop baths, the whole megillah. ;)

That's by way of saying that I wonder if they lightened up the photo to make the girls' features more clear, and lightened Sarah's a little too much, in the process.

It's what would've happened had something like this been done in the lab and all the faces been "dodged" instead of just the girls'.

Just a thought.

I think it is enhanced big time using Photo Shop. I have a friend who does that to photos a la Pioneer Woman.

Yeah, that's probably it. I don't think they do actual photo collage (or editing along the lines of mixing people, inserting people, etc) but they sure seem to love messing with the color levels and making the edges of photos dark to be all "artsy." So I wouldn't be surprised if photoshopping of that sort was going on.

Yeah, that's probably it. I don't think they do actual photo collage (or editing along the lines of mixing people, inserting people, etc) but they sure seem to love messing with the color levels and making the edges of photos dark to be all "artsy." So I wouldn't be surprised if photoshopping of that sort was going on.

My friend once Photo Shopped a pic of us. The difference between the photo and reality was depressing as Hell! My skin was flawless, my eyes bluer, and she "shaved" weight off of my hips and legs.

Guest Anonymous

My friend once Photo Shopped a pic of us. The difference between the photo and reality was depressing as Hell! My skin was flawless, my eyes bluer, and she "shaved" weight off of my hips and legs.

What are my chances of hiring her?

Sorry Jan, she is happily a SAHM. You are out of luck unless you want to join our "bunko" group. Which is actually an excuse to nosh and drink.

Sorry Jan, she is happily a SAHM. You are out of luck unless you want to join our "bunko" group. Which is actually an excuse to nosh and drink.

Hell, I'm in!

Guest Anonymous

They did the same thing on last year's family photos - the ones with the red frocks and the red leaved trees in the background. I thought they had 'shopped themselves into a park scene, but it turned out they had just cleaned round the edges of the family so much, it looked superimposed.

They should have their cameras confiscated for being so crap at making good photos.... :D

Guest Anonymous

Yes it is photo shopped. The blue shirt of the person in the middle fades to bricks. WTF is wrong with this picture and why the F can't these folks be visually honest?

Heh. If you ever want to see examples of this gone totally wrong, check out http://www.psdisasters.com . There are lots of examples of thin models that look awesome at first glance until you notice that in shaving off parts, the artist has made it so the contours of the body no longer match, there are random extra hands where someone was only MOSTLY removed from a scene, etc.

It looks like a fake background to me. You can run it through a viewer, Jeffrey's exif viewer maybe? I can't remember the exact name and I really don't know how to use it. But I know you can see what changes have been made.

Archived