IGNORED

Maxwells conference fall 2011

Feberin

That's what I was wondering! I mean, why didn't God provide it for them for free? Oh, I know, they should have gone to Chik-Fil-A for the transmission. Certainly THERE it would have been free.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the????!!!

Does anybody know, did the UPS driver have to look through the back of the truck, or would he justhave to look at his manifest to see if the part were there?

And how long did that take him (her) and how far behind in the day's deliveries and pickups did it put her (him)?

If s/he gets back to to the garage late and gets chewed out by the supervisor, or if a customer's stuff arrives late or doesn't get picked up and driver gets in trouble, is that God's answer to driver's prayers that he do a good job and provide for himself and his family?

Huh, Steve Maxwell? Is it? Huh?

:oops:

On a less heated note, how did they "flag down" the UPS truck? Would it not be a hoot to find out that Steve instructed Sarah to pull her skirt up over her knee, or - steady yourselves, now - unbutton a button and show some collarbone? :lol:

I just hope no one witnessing this knew they were from Kansas. I have lots of good memories of Kansas and a few friends still there.

Bunch of self-entitled, know-it-all rubes!!!! Did they truly think the UPS man was zooming past the repair shop? Did they think, "hey, there's a UPS truck outside the Chick-Fil-A, let's go git our ding-dang part off'n it?"

Most of all, where was the faith, Steve? What happened to your prayers, Teri? Did you pray the part would be on THAT truck? and then it wasn't? Wouldn't it have been interesting to have Sarah write honestly about your prayers "not" "being answered"?

That doesn't seem to be an option in MaxwellWorld.

Is it sad that the thing that annoyed me the most about those photos was eating fajitas with Doritos? In Texas, that is just NOT done.

I wonder how much money Stevie had to fork out for the rental and hotel? Still wondering if anyone from their conferences offered to put them up.

This post was so creepy to me. They way Sarah talked, you would think Uriah was her lover she had been longing for :shock: I have never heard anyone talk about an RV/bus in that manner. So creepy, and weird.

Flagging down a UPS truck is pretty stupid. Isn't Uriah a pretty old bus? Maybe the Maxwell should start taking love offerings for a new bus.

I wonder how much money Stevie had to fork out for the rental and hotel? Still wondering if anyone from their conferences offered to put them up.

I was wondering the same thing too. I remember reading a family similar to the Maxwells who used to travel to different conferences and people always put them up.

Flagging down a UPS truck is pretty stupid. Isn't Uriah a pretty old bus? Maybe the Maxwell should start taking love offerings for a new bus.

I know, right? Who the hell flags down a UPS truck? They come right to the location designated to them. And why were THEY flagging down anyone? Wasn't the part just coming right to the service place?

It's completely sad how clueless and overwhelmed these people are when they are forced outside their little bubble. That UPS driver and the mechanics were probably just shaking their heads at these frumper wearing weirdos.

I know, right? Who the hell flags down a UPS truck? They come right to the location designated to them. And why were THEY flagging down anyone? Wasn't the part just coming right to the service place?

It's completely sad how clueless and overwhelmed these people are when they are forced outside their little bubble. That UPS driver and the mechanics were probably just shaking their heads at these frumper wearing weirdos.

The UPS driver probably laughed at the family after dealing with them. One of my high school friends is a UPS driver now, I will tell him about this and he will laugh. The Maxwells should have waited patiently for the part to be delivered to the service place. Auto service places sometimes multiple deliveries from UPS,FedEX, or DHL.

The UPS driver probably laughed at the family after dealing with them. One of my high school friends is a UPS driver now, I will tell him about this and he will laugh. The Maxwells should have waited patiently for the part to be delivered to the service place. Auto service places sometimes multiple deliveries from UPS,FedEX, or DHL.

No, no, no....doncha know that the Lord cancelled all other deliveries from all other companies for the day with the exception of the Maxwell's UPS truck? :lol:

How would a Maxwell know anything about the art of conversation? Who do they talk to except each other? They don't belong to any groups or clubs. They don't go to any gatherings, except to force the elderly to listen to their crappy music on Sundays. They can't even bear to be part of a church because then, horror of horrors, they would have to INTERACT WITH OTHER PEOPLE! OMG!! What a strange topic for a "conference" subject.

It's probably along the lines of "How to talk at people so they cannot politely walk away". I think the proselytizers in my area have taken that class. If another person walks up to me and says, "Wouldn't it be nice if the world was like this?" while shoving a picture of happy people in my face, I am gonna need to talk to Michelle Duggar's lobotomist.

:lol:

No, no, no....doncha know that the Lord cancelled all other deliveries from all other companies for the day with the exception of the Maxwell's UPS truck? :lol:

They way Sarah talked, you would think Uriah was her lover she had been longing for :shock: I have never heard anyone talk about an RV/bus in that manner. So creepy, and weird.

They way Sarah talked, you would think Uriah was her lover she had been longing for :shock: I have never heard anyone talk about an RV/bus in that manner. So creepy, and weird.

Who else can she dream of? Jesus? He's often pretty busy with her Dad's demands.....

I'm guessing the new transmission was still way cheaper than another bus.

I thought it sounded truly stupid to flag down the UPS truck. Maybe calling ahead is a sign of no faith?

Not to mention that Uriah is completely tricked out inside to be a home on wheels. Definitely it makes sense to fix him.

That SAID though, you know there is no way in the world this particular trip has made any money for the Maxwells, they have to be behind. I suppose if the transmission was going to go out, it would go out whether they were close to home or on the road, but... yeah. That had to be plenty expensive.

I'm surprised they weren't able to track the transmission shipping on line. I order books from halfway around the world all the time and can find out exactly when they will be delivered, right from my phone.

We had an interesting day yesterday. We were sitting around packaging up our next batch of Wisdom Booklets, and enjoying a fellowshipping time. A sweet neighbor lady came by to drop off some tater tot casserole for lunch! What a blessing. We wouldn't have been able to have lunch otherwise, since we have been so busy taking pictures and packing booklets that we had no time to go to the grocery store. But God always provides. After enjoying the delicious casserole, we accompanied a sweet friend to the airport. Her plane took off at 7:15 but as we left the airport we realized she had left her purse on the front seat of our car! Luckily Anna had the wisdom to look for the plane in the sky, and lo and behold we saw the plane on our way home. We tried to flag it down but it didn't stop. We were a bit confused but we decided it was clearly the Lord's Hand at work since there was money in the purse and we could use that to pay for our next meal. Our hearts were brimming over with gratefulness.

(Insert the following pictures)

Packing Wisdom Booklets

Sweet neighbor lady

John enjoying tater tot casserole

Sweet friend's plane in the sky

Sweet friend's purse on the seat

Love,

Sarah

Wow, of all the brain-numbing stories they've posted on their blog (cheese paper, anyone?), I wish they hadn't skipped so much of this one. I'd love to actually hear more about flagging down this UPS truck. Why would anyone think to flag down a delivery truck, hoping that their package was on it? Were they at least near the auto shop when they saw the truck? Did they look up the tracking number first? That would have told them if the package was still in the distribution center or if it was out for delivery. Of course, they still wouldn't have been able to just track down the truck and flag down the driver because they couldn't wait for the package to be delivered. What makes the Maxwells think they're so special that they deserve to be able to get their packages before anyone else?

Wow, of all the brain-numbing stories they've posted on their blog (cheese paper, anyone?), I wish they hadn't skipped so much of this one. I'd love to actually hear more about flagging down this UPS truck. Why would anyone think to flag down a delivery truck, hoping that their package was on it? Were they at least near the auto shop when they saw the truck? Did they look up the tracking number first? That would have told them if the package was still in the distribution center or if it was out for delivery. Of course, they still wouldn't have been able to just track down the truck and flag down the driver because they couldn't wait for the package to be delivered. What makes the Maxwells think they're so special that they deserve to be able to get their packages before anyone else?

I'd rather not hear more about Steve Maxwell's package, thank you very much.

Guest Anonymous

I propose we start another pool, based on what component(s) of Uriah will fail the next time. I'm betting that it will be the transmission (again). My take is that Uriah is determined to escape the awesomeness that is the Maxwells, even if it kills him (or them).

I propose we start another pool, based on what component(s) of Uriah will fail the next time. I'm betting that it will be the transmission (again). My take is that Uriah is determined to escape the awesomeness that is the Maxwells, even if it kills him (or them).

I think they will have to replace the windshield next for the eleventeeth time. :shock:

Can I choose two things? If so, then I'm going to go with my picks from our last unofficial pool. I think it'll be his brakes or something to do with his wheels/tires. If I can only pick one, then I'm going to go with his brakes.

I wonder if the UPS driver was wearing those defrauding little brown shorts! Mercy me, gives me the vopours just thinking about it.

Seriously - do they have no idea how stuff is shipped? A delivery truck is loaded in a certain way and the packages are in order. Even if it had been the right truck, the driver can't just "find" their package.

When I worked in customer service I'd get this all the time.

I"its five pm and the guy didn't have it on his truck!!"

"sir, UPS has until 8pm...wait, didn't have it on his truck?"

"Yeah the guy was delivering to the library and said he wasn't going to maple street today!!!!"

"Sir, there are multiple UPS trucks servicing your location with particular schedules and destinations. If you package is not here by 8pm please call back."

I'd never hear from another one. I bet the UPS driver just looked through a binder or something, or even just shuffled a few papers, those guys are timed and usually very professional with very tight schedules. They wouldn't stop to paw through their truck for some freaks unless it was at gunpoint or something!

It just shows how clueless the Maxwells are, though. And I want to know more about the flagging of the truck...I never had a customer do that, or at least admit to it, usually it'd be "my neighbor got a delivery!" or "I saw the truck and it headed in the other direction!" or "I asked a driver as he was making a delivery while I was running errands!"

My take is that Uriah is determined to escape the awesomeness that is the Maxwells, even if it kills him (or them).

Free Uriah!

Archived