IGNORED

Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Jinger is a Vuolo!

choralcrusader8613

I was referring to the little 6=second sound-effect blurb. :D

====================

Recently did a fundie-lite wedding.  The bride & groom walked out to Sh Boom Sh Boom as their recessional.
The pastor was agog.  I thought it was perfect!

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still chuckling at how dumb Mrs. Felber was at spilling the beans. She couldn't have messaged Whitney privately?

Poor Lawson - if he had been allowed to grow up in non-fundy land like the rest of us, he'd be home drowning his sorrows in a beer and listening to "Laredo" by Band of Horse on repeat:

https://play.google.com/music/preview/Tj7ye2ls3dywfuuvf7ec4ms7saq?lyrics=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=lyrics&pcampaignid=kp-songlyrics&u=0#

Did any of the other girls have a wedding director? Or was it just Sierra previously?

I got all excited when I saw the food in he picture but realized it's unrelated. Boo. 

IMG_8719.PNG

Finally caught up. 

Jinger's dress is lovely although I'm more the crazy/princessy/Erin Bates type so Jessa's dress is still my fave. Hoping the wedding episode is actually the wedding and not some bullshit teaser.

1 minute ago, Suz8710 said:

Did any of the other girls have a wedding director? Or was it just Sierra previously?

I got all excited when I saw the food in he picture but realized it's unrelated. Boo. 

IMG_8719.PNG

Hmm so she is heading to Texas for two days. I wonder if the newlyweds are going to have a party with Jeremy's congregation?

4 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

IMG_8719.PNG

Wait. Is that food? Not root beer floats? or Ice cream sundea? :56247956409be_32(13): Yeah, no. (Me too) I was thinking open the purse strings a little more.

I'm disappointed we didn't really get to see the bridesmaids dresses :my_confused:

Ar least Jingers dress is beautiful.  I'm not fond of boatnecks, but I love the sleeves.

Thoughts:

1. Jinger looks lovely.

2. Jeremy looks good.

3. As for the whole comparing this wedding to prior Duggar weddings - keep in mind that TLC, Jinger, and her parents have had three other weddings to learn from. It makes sense that they would get more classy or sophisticated looking as time goes on because they know more about what they should do to get a nicer looking result. And it's possible that they've read the criticism of the previous weddings at some point and have made adjustments accordingly.

4. I personally think all three Duggar sisters have looked nice in their wedding photos. I've always felt that a bride should have their hair and makeup done in a way that best reflects their personal style and keeps them looking like themself in photos - that way when you look back you recognize yourself. I think all three sisters did a good job at that.

5. Just realized I got married the same exact day as another FJer thanks to the last thread. November 7th is the best!

6. @BlessaYourHeartCongratulations on your engagement!!!!! :dance:

@BlessaYourHeart, I don't care if the ring is too small - let's see it!! :D 

I think that photo from the wedding coordinator is of her own dinner AFTERWARDS... there's no way in hell they had dinner for 1k people...

1 minute ago, Mela99 said:

@BlessaYourHeart, I don't care if the ring is too small - let's see it!! :D 

I think that photo from the wedding coordinator is of her own dinner AFTERWARDS... there's no way in hell they had dinner for 1k people...

Maybe chicken salad sandwiches.

The bridesmaids dresses aren't too bad. I did find it interesting that in the photo of Jeremy and Jinger walking out of a door (reception, maybe?) they are still in wedding clothes but Jessa is behind them...no longer in her bridesmaids dress.

I wish we could get some better photos. I am trying to figure out if Jinger's dress was already modest or if she altered the top. I am thinking it may have been see-through lace above the bodice and she added fabric underneath. Can't quite tell though.

Overall, I like what I've seen.

Still don't understand Michelle wearing a button down shirt. I mean, I've worn one to a wedding once. But as the mother of the bride? Seems weird.

Just now, ClaraOswin said:

The bridesmaids dresses aren't too bad. I did find it interesting that in the photo of Jeremy and Jinger walking out of a door (reception, maybe?) they are still in wedding clothes but Jessa is behind them...no longer in her bridesmaids dress.

I wish we could get some better photos. I am trying to figure out if Jinger's dress was already modest or if she altered the top. I am thinking it may have been see-through lace above the bodice and she added fabric underneath. Can't quite tell though.

Overall, I like what I've seen.

Still don't understand Michelle wearing a button down shirt. I mean, I've worn one to a wedding once. But as the mother of the bride? Seems weird.

I think that's Jill and that is her bridesmaid dress. It looks lavender and lace.

If the ceremony did start at 2:00, lasted an hour, and they had a two hour reception... then they honestly wouldn't have really needed to serve a dinner at the reception. The entire thing would have been over by 5:00 in that case - right before most people would be thinking about dinner.

So I actually think not serving a meal in that case is ok. A punch and cake reception (or something similar) is perfectly acceptable for an afternoon reception.

5 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

I think that's Jill and that is her bridesmaid dress. It looks lavender and lace.

No, it's definitely Jessa and she is no longer in her bridesmaids dress.

3A1A21EB00000578-3908948-image-a-26_1478

Here is Jessa in her bridesmaids dress...

3A1A1E9200000578-3908948-image-a-25_1478

(And here's Derick sporting his man bun.....because, why not?)

3A1A1FE200000578-3908948-image-a-27_1478

2 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Oh I thought you were talking about this picture (with the lavender and lace). I haven't seen that pic, where's it from?

14947706_1047349962030479_1475871348648296260_n.jpg

34 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Wait. Is that food? Not root beer floats? or Ice cream sundea? :56247956409be_32(13): Yeah, no. (Me too) I was thinking open the purse strings a little more.

No, this is the "director's" food from earlier this week after doing director-y things for Jinger. THIS person is going to TX for two days, NOT Jinger. 

Man I need to see the girls all lined up together... I'm trying to see the colors in my head and I just can't. It seems clash-y with what Jeremy is wearing but certainly the nicest fundie maid gowns I've seen...

11 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

If the ceremony did start at 2:00, lasted an hour, and they had a two hour reception... then they honestly wouldn't have really needed to serve a dinner at the reception. The entire thing would have been over by 5:00 in that case - right before most people would be thinking about dinner.

So I actually think not serving a meal in that case is ok. A punch and cake reception (or something similar) is perfectly acceptable for an afternoon reception.

Videos were up and People article released by 3 central time. I think it was a noon wedding. 

2 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

3A1A21EB00000578-3908948-image-a-26_1478

Here is Jessa in her bridesmaids dress...

3A1A1E9200000578-3908948-image-a-25_1478

(And here's Derick sporting his man bun.....because, why not?)

3A1A1FE200000578-3908948-image-a-27_1478

I think some of the confusion is that DM article keeps updating w/ more pictures.

Now there are more pics and it's obvious now that Jill's in the lilac/lavendar and Jessa in the plum/deep purple - but those weren't there earlier.

And the pic near the top which is now larger and labeled as Jill wasn't as big and had been labeled as Jessa in the article in some versions.

So I think most earlier posters are referring to an entirely different picture - as the ones you inserted here weren't in the article earlier on, thus causing some confusion (as is typical w/ the way sites do that now!)

• HerNameIsBuffy locked and unlocked this topic
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived