IGNORED

The book what Lori wrote: The Power of a Transformed Wife Pt2

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On November 8, 2016 at 8:56 PM, Imrlgoddess said:

Well I know when I was enlisted I was just tripping & falling on the dick left n right, alllll willy nilly (see what I did there, "willy"... get it??)

In all seriousness, she needs to stop. For reals. She lives in a bubble and would probably have lost her little mind if one of her boys came home wanting to run away with the recruiter. Women join for tons of reasons: college money, life/job skills, to take care of their children/family, for the benefits, patriotism, the list goes on. Not all of us are feminazi's trying to trample on the poor make ego- hell I just needed a paycheck.

And for the record Lori, the Navy is strict on contact aboard ship so those knocked up women you claim to have heard about are few & far between, and most likely weren't knocked up while out at sea. Sugar you don't want to know about the number of lonely young men who were only gay when they were deployed. Catch a clue & leave the military alone.

Happy Veteran's Day! 

Thank You for your service.

@usmcmom thank your son(s) for me.

same with anyone here who served or has family that served. I know there are a few. @feministxtian didn't you or one of your kids serve?

1 hour ago, Grimalkin said:

. @feministxtian didn't you or one of your kids serve?

My grandfather, grandfather-in-law, father, father-in-law, husband, brother-in-law and son are all vets. I didn't serve...just spent years as an Air Force brat and a Navy wife. 

Thank you 

5 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Lori did a post a couple of years back about how men aren't as gullible as women(her views). She even said something to the effect that her daughter Cassi was very gulliable compared to her two sons.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/08/why-do-men-tend-to-be-more-skeptical.html

She's written pretty extensively about how easily deceived we feeble brained women are, but I believe this is the post you're referring to.

On another note, I am absolutely baffled by her response to this reader.

Reader:

Feminism and women in leadership roles really started at the turn of the century and almost into the 20s. We had immigrant families who came to America and their daughters went to work, perhaps as the sole income providers for their families. Then we had a war which put thousands of men out of jobs and into a draft. women had to either work or risk losing homes and income while waiting for their men who may not make it home or even continued working when their husbands came home unable to work. this trend continued as women found pride in their work outside the home and were able to help provide for their families.
when the depression came it seemed as though it was all hands on deck and everyone was trying to find work no matter who they were for however small amount because the whole country was struggling. and then once WW2 came, we had another draft and women once again came back to the workforce to make up for the jobs that were sitting empty with men gone.
it may sound crazy, but it wasn’t just feminism that brought women into the workplace and in leadership roles. the more we look at history the easier it is to see where the patterns come into place with and how these trends continue.
it is no wonder the push for girls and women to be educated and get jobs.

History.  An explanation other than, "they were all breathing the feminist air".

Reality= Get a job or go hungry.  The lesson= educate yourself, because you never know when you'll have to support your family.

Of course if you've never known anything other than privilege, it's hard to imagine that anyone would need a plan.  Their dad/husband/family/church can support them!   It's easy for people to support entire families.  They just wander out back to the money trees and presto!  Cash! Probably organic! 

You'd think Lori would concede this point.  After all, it's hard to argue with so much...reality. Instead, she leaves the following response (which doesn't make much sense at all):

I agree since there would have been no need for God to have had instructions for how women are to live if all women just did it naturally. There has always been rebellion to the Lord’s way since sin entered into this world. Being in the home is protection for women, however, if you aren’t married, whatever you do make sure you bring glory to the Lord and aren’t out to make a name for yourself or get into deep debt so that when you do get married, you can hopefully stay home and raise your own children.

1) Is she saying these women (who were trying to feed their children) were rebellious?  Does she think if they'd just thrown their hands up, God would have sent a Magic Money Fairy to solve their problems?

2) For clarity:

~Being home is protection for married women.  Protection from......?  Work?  The feminist air? She doesn't say.

~Single women on the other hand, can work if they must.  Apparently, they don't find themselves needing protection as much as married women do.  

They should choose a job that brings glory to the Lord, and make certain that they aren't out to make a name for themselves.

Jobs that bring glory to the Lord:

-Dancing (for Jesus).  But don't forget to tag "for Jesus" onto the end.  Otherwise, you're just sexually harassing men by being immodest, and Lori will have to blog about you. 

-Dental hygienist...umm, for Jesus.  Yes, that's it.  Cleaning teeth for the Lord.  Amen.

Jobs for women who aren't looking to make a name for themselves:

-Blogging.  Oh, wait.  That one might make a name for you, especially if you blog under your given name, and GO VIRAL.

-Writer/Author. Hmm, that one kind of makes a name for you too.  

Oh well, scratch that part about not making a name for yourself.  :pb_confused:  At least until Ken rides in on his Horse of Truth to explain why it's okay for Lori, but not for you.  

11 hours ago, Koala said:

-Dancing (for Jesus).  But don't forget to tag "for Jesus" onto the end.  Otherwise, you're just sexually harassing men by being immodest, and Lori will have to blog about you. 

Literally choked on my coffee. 

Thanks for this day-brightener, Koala!

Her history is not entirely accurate. There have always been working women. Staying home was a luxury of the upper classes from the beginning. Women of the working classes have always worked in family run businesses or on family farms alongside husbands or fathers, and outside of the home as domestics and after the industrial revolution in factories of all kinds. In many cases, the children worked as well for families to  make ends meet. 

The notion that women stay home and men work and support them as a widespread social construct is a reflection of the post World War 2 economic boom when even most average middle class families could survive and have some basic "luxuries" on one income. It was a very short period in our history. 

Her history is not entirely accurate. There have always been working women. Staying home was a luxury of the upper classes from the beginning. Women of the working classes have always worked in family run businesses or on family farms alongside husbands or fathers, and outside of the home as domestics and after the industrial revolution in factories of all kinds. In many cases, the children worked as well for families to  make ends meet. 
The notion that women stay home and men work and support them as a widespread social construct is a reflection of the post World War 2 economic boom when even most average middle class families could survive and have some basic "luxuries" on one income. It was a very short period in our history. 

I'm so glad you mentioned that. The first thing that popped into my mind when I read her post were the women in the factories during the industrial revolution. Hardly waiting until the 20th century. Not to mention those who worked before that in the 17th century in pubs, as wet nurses, as servants to great houses, again in farms...Lori seems absent in her knowledge of women's history. Oh THAT makes sense.

I come from a long line of farmers. While the women had primary responsibility for things inside the house and the men had primary responsibility for the farming, during some seasons, the women were outside alongside the men. The men weren't leaving home to go to their jobs.

In fact, my husband's grandmother worked hard as a farm wife--and she also had an actual job as a school teacher. They decided that since she wasn't strong enough for some of the farming work, it made sense for her to be the one work away from the farm to earn a steady income--and this was in the 1940s.

Lori's version of life isn't based on the bible. It's based on 1950s TV shows.

Molecule wrote: Lori's version of life isn't based on the bible. It's based on 1950s TV shows.

My town is small enough and I'm old enough that I read the obits pretty much daily. Today there were four for women. Some excerpts:

Born in 1920

"Prior to her music career she attended college close to home in Pennsylvania. As a young woman [she]  lived in Manhattan where she was an entertainer, acting on the stage, playing piano, and singing in musicals and operas. During these years, as she was proud to tell you, the gay performers she was friends with called her “Cherry,” because she was such an ingénue. She maintained this quality of endearing innocence her whole life long. This is also when Marcia began a 30-year career teaching private piano lessons."

Born in 1918

Met her husband when both were teaching in Montana. Raised her daughter while teaching, sang in the church choir, volunteered all over town, served on boards and played the piano for events. "Many friends of all ages were touched by her kindness and her love for her Lord."

Born in 1929

She and her husband raised four children and both worked outside the home. "Loved gardening and preserving vegetables" and did craft fairs to finance their vacations.

Born in 1932

She and her husband raised five children and she worked for 32 years and volunteered for decades.

My mom was born in 1918. She worked for wages till the month I was born, worked with my dad after that, and then went back to outside work when I was in high school.  Her mother worked while Mom and her brothers were growing up. My other grandmother was a minister and worked all through my dad's childhood. At least half of my friends' mothers worked when I was a kid in the '50 and '60s.

Lori lives in a fantasy world and an underachieving one at that.

40 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

Molecule wrote: Lori's version of life isn't based on the bible. It's based on 1950s TV shows.

My town is small enough and I'm old enough that I read the obits pretty much daily. Today there were four for women. Some excerpts:

Born in 1920

"Prior to her music career she attended college close to home in Pennsylvania. As a young woman [she]  lived in Manhattan where she was an entertainer, acting on the stage, playing piano, and singing in musicals and operas. During these years, as she was proud to tell you, the gay performers she was friends with called her “Cherry,” because she was such an ingénue. She maintained this quality of endearing innocence her whole life long. This is also when Marcia began a 30-year career teaching private piano lessons."

Born in 1918

Met her husband when both were teaching in Montana. Raised her daughter while teaching, sang in the church choir, volunteered all over town, served on boards and played the piano for events. "Many friends of all ages were touched by her kindness and her love for her Lord."

Born in 1929

She and her husband raised four children and both worked outside the home. "Loved gardening and preserving vegetables" and did craft fairs to finance their vacations.

Born in 1932

She and her husband raised five children and she worked for 32 years and volunteered for decades.

My mom was born in 1918. She worked for wages till the month I was born, worked with my dad after that, and then went back to outside work when I was in high school.  Her mother worked while Mom and her brothers were growing up. My other grandmother was a minister and worked all through my dad's childhood. At least half of my friends' mothers worked when I was a kid in the '50 and '60s.

Lori lives in a fantasy world and an underachieving one at that.

My late maternal great-grandmother was born in 1908. She always worked. She was the eldest daughter to a poor rural family (had a couple elder brothers) and was sent to help relatives at a young age, like 10. She worked until her husband had a stroke in late 1950s that left him unable to speak and wheelchair bound. Luckily, he had retired not long before so they were able to live okay on his retirement. If not, well, they would have been real trouble. My great-grandmother was an amazing lady and I am grateful I got the opportunity to know her before she died in 2002 at age 94. She helped a lot of children. and volunteered all the time. A neighbor's husband had killed his wife and my great-grandparents took in the young boy until relatives came to take him. They took in a disabled relative from time to time to help their parents. She was a God-fearing Christian lady and I would love for Lori to dare tell her otherwise. Lori can only dream about being as great a lady as my great-grandmother was.

My paternal grandmother was born in 1932 and she lived with her mother and though there was a man around and they said he was her father, the paternity is questionable and there's a good chance he is not her biological father. My grandmother was an only child and was more educated than her husband, my grandfather. My grandmother was college-educated while my grandfather was not. She always worked excluding when her children were little. Bless my dear grandmother who had 3 boys in as many years. I sadly never got to meet her as she died after a long battle with cancer at age 56, just before I was born. She was never sick as a nurse, yet still died of cancer. Despite working during their childhood, It is clear she loved her children very, very much and none of the children have a single negative thing to say about her. I didn't have to meet her to know that she was a way, way, way better mother to her 4 children than Lori was her 4. Mainly because she was not a sadistic fuck. 

So, Lori is so clueless, but we already know that. She is clearly incapable of thinking of anything outside of herself and her sheltered, ignorant little world. It is obvious she cannot comprehend anything else and anything not in her idea of the world, anything not like her, she cannot understand, therefore it is not real or it is rare, aka, detractors and red herrings. She cannot see that it is really her world, her behavior and actions that are the rarities. Most of the world will never have what she has, the life she has. Most people are not child-abusers. Most people are not passive-aggressive to others. Most people are not out of control others the way she does. Most people don't micromanage their spouses. Most people are actually decent people. Their lives seem so miserable I just cannot fathom anyone who'd want that life. I sure as hell don't. 

23 hours ago, Koala said:

Oh well, scratch that part about not making a name for yourself.  :pb_confused:  At least until Ken rides in on his Horse of Truth to explain why it's okay for Lori, but not for you.  

Ha, the only horse Ken can ride is a stick hobby horse.  And there isn't one single thing that man can tell me that makes sense. 

Lori has often whined about all of the shameful women teachers who don't seem to mind if they have men in their audience.  I could quote her, but you've all read it.  Post, after post, after post.

It seems that one of her readers took notice of the fact that she has men in her own little audience.  

Reader:

Lori, you seem to have some men that regularly read your posts and comment (not talking about your husband, but other men). I’m wondering what you think about this? What purpose do they have in constantly coming to a woman’s blog? It looks strange because, as you rightfully point out all the time, women should not be teaching men.

Lori:

I am not in authority over these men and they aren’t learning from me since they know that I am not teaching men. These men are usually married to difficult wives so they are trying to encourage the rest of the women who read their comments to not be like their wives. Other men enjoy reading my blog since they know I am one of the very few who teach what older women are supposed to be teaching women according them to Titus 2:3-5. Then there are other unmarried men who have asked me, “Where do I find women like the ones you teach?” 

1) She can say she's not teaching them, but the fact that they are regularly reading and commenting on her blog says otherwise.

2) Dave doesn't seem to have a difficult wife, and he's all over the comments.  Why is he online interacting with other men's wives?  That's just creepy.  Shouldn't that be left to their husbands & pastors?  Even the Bible leaves that responsibility to "godly older women".  Where does Dave come in?

3) Yes, some (misogynist) men like reading Lori's blog.  Just like some men like listening to women speakers.  Why is it okay for Lori, but sinful for everyone else?

*smh*  I think Lori would be more tolerable if she'd stop trying to make excuses and just come right out and tell her readers that there are 2 sets of rules: One for her, and one for everyone else.

Lori needs this:

DISCLAMER: This blog is written by a woman, so men should not read here. If they do read here, they disobey scripture. I do not take responsibility for this sin, since I cannot control who reads here. So I am innocent of their blood. 

Their are several exeptions. If you are a man and your wife is blind, you may read out these words to her. You should however guard your heart against actually absorbing any of the teaching you relay to your wife. Ideally you should ask another woman to read to her.

Another exception is when you want to check out this blog to determine if the teaching found here is sound so you can refer your wife to it. In that case I am not teaching you, because you do not read here with the purpose of edification.

Lastly, those men who own a publishing company may read here so they can be encouraged to publish my writings and market them to women. In this case their interests are commercial, not spiritual, so it is fine. 

I want to play! Fill in the blank.

15 hours ago, Koala said:

I think Lori would be more tolerable if she'd _________

have a drink.

Or

have an orgasm.

19 hours ago, Koala said:

3) Yes, some (misogynist) men like reading Lori's blog.  Just like some men like listening to women speakers.  Why is it okay for Lori, but sinful for everyone else?

Considering these MRA nasties get off on the degradation of women, Lori is catering to their sin. She's basically a Christian madame, playing it up for them with her spanking stories and her whispering, "I've been a naughty girl," in Ken's ear while offering up her readers for these guys' entertainment. Gross, Lori. 

Spoiler

So sorry for the visual images that probably conjured up, all. But I really do wonder what kind of men are hanging out on her blog. It makes me think of those "feminist men" who so loudly proclaim their feminist status while perving on all the women they can. The same kind of guy, opposite sides of the fence.

22 minutes ago, polecat said:

Considering these MRA nasties get off on the degradation of women, Lori is catering to their sin. She's basically a Christian madame, playing it up for them with her spanking stories and her whispering, "I've been a naughty girl," in Ken's ear while offering up her readers for these guys' entertainment. Gross, Lori. 

Hide contents

So sorry for the visual images that probably conjured up, all. But I really do wonder what kind of men are hanging out on her blog. It makes me think of those "feminist men" who so loudly proclaim their feminist status while perving on all the women they can. The same kind of guy, opposite sides of the fence.

Well that just makes me feel icky.  But yeah.  I do think she gets off on it.  I'm convinced Lori and Ken use their religion to justify their kink.  It pacifies their guilt because it's all a sin, ya know.  

On 11/12/2016 at 0:46 PM, FundieFarmer said:

I'm so glad you mentioned that. The first thing that popped into my mind when I read her post were the women in the factories during the industrial revolution. Hardly waiting until the 20th century. Not to mention those who worked before that in the 17th century in pubs, as wet nurses, as servants to great houses, again in farms...Lori seems absent in her knowledge of women's history. Oh THAT makes sense.

She is someone who should be forced to take various topic courses on women's history. But, that won't happen. While I'm still upset about the election results, I hope a woman is elected president before Lori dies so she could fume up a storm.

14 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:02 PM, Koala said:

I think Lori would be more tolerable if she'd _________

have a drink.

Or

have an orgasm.

I think that Lori would die of the shock.

Today Lori tell us how much she doesn't hate women.

In one part, she responds to the accusation that she belittles other women. 

I don’t belittle anyone. Yes, I will at times point out error that someone else is teaching but this is important for us to know so we won’t fall into the errors of false teachers which the Word warns about.

So, uh, she thinks the only time she belittles other women is when she is making negative comments about women who teach and write (specifically those who are more respected and popular than her, not that there's any connection). She doesn't see how her responses often belittle the very women she claims to be trying to teach. 

She teaches Titus 2:3-5 to the exclusion of everything else in the bible. I have no problem with her teaching what she describes as "the hard parts," even though I disagree with her on what those parts mean. What I DO have a problem with is that she ignores the parts of the bible that show how Jesus sat with people in their pain, making sure they felt loved, before he told them to stop sinning. Lori just jumps over all of that to pronounce sin.

Ugh. I shouldn't have read her post before finishing my coffee.

Oh, and here's her YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsPbQz30YqPNOE4pKedswUA. Does she not know that they are called videos, not YouTubes? Or am I just that out of touch with how people talk these days? (This is entirely possible.)

Today Lori tell us how much she doesn't hate women.
In one part, she responds to the accusation that she belittles other women. 
I don’t belittle anyone. Yes, I will at times point out error that someone else is teaching but this is important for us to know so we won’t fall into the errors of false teachers which the Word warns about.
So, uh, she thinks the only time she belittles other women is when she is making negative comments about women who teach and write (specifically those who are more respected and popular than her, not that there's any connection). She doesn't see how her responses often belittle the very women she claims to be trying to teach. 
She teaches Titus 2:3-5 to the exclusion of everything else in the bible. I have no problem with her teaching what she describes as "the hard parts," even though I disagree with her on what those parts mean. What I DO have a problem with is that she ignores the parts of the bible that show how Jesus sat with people in their pain, making sure they felt loved, before he told them to stop sinning. Lori just jumps over all of that to pronounce sin.
Ugh. I shouldn't have read her post before finishing my coffee.
Oh, and here's her YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsPbQz30YqPNOE4pKedswUA. Does she not know that they are called videos, not YouTubes? Or am I just that out of touch with how people talk these days? (This is entirely possible.)

I have NEVER heard anyone refer to videos on YouTube as 'YouTubes'. And I'm a millennial who works in tech, so I think I probably would have if it were a thing :pb_lol:

I guess Lori forgot about the time she called a "loud" woman a prostitute. Convenient. 

A comment that won't make it through moderation-

I don't believe you hate women. However, I do think that you want them to fit neatly into a cute little box. From reading your blogs, it is clear that  you want women to act one way, and one way only, based on two verses of God's word.

Women are not meant to be exactly the same, not cookie cutter, not robotic. I am a woman who works outside of her home. I am a woman who is striving toward a degree (with no debt, because of my military service). I am a woman who loves God, my husband, and my children.

Archived