IGNORED

The book what Lori wrote: The Power of a Transformed Wife Pt2

The doctor said, “You are lucky they did not harvest all of your organs!  There is nothing wrong with you and your organs are perfect.  You would have been a perfect host for them.”  I was sitting on the edge of my seat as I took a long hard swallow, “AND…what they do is, take all your organs out, sell them for millions of dollars on the black market, and then they just get rid of your body. Erin, it is a miracle you are alive!”  

Yeah, this is fairly popular urban legend...she is nuttier than a fruitcake.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Yeah, this is fairly popular urban legend...she is nuttier than a fruitcake.

Maybe she just chewed on too many coca leaves. :laughing-rollingyellow:

Her book only has 11 verified purchase reviews.

The break down:

1 star- 5 reviews

3 stars- 1 review

5 star reviews- 5 reviews

The good thing about this, is that it opened Lori up to comments she couldn't delete.  Readers got a true picture of who she was as she frantically responded to negative reviews, only to delete her responses, put up new ones, and then delete those as well.  We watched as family members and editors (who aren't allowed to give reviews) gave the book a solid 5 stars. We watched as Lori dismissed negative unverified purchases, while simultaneously begging her readers to give her 5 star reviews whether they had read the book or not.  We watched as Lori called out reviewers in blog posts, and we watched as she tried to get contact information on people who left negative reviews so she could call them...yes, LORI ALEXANDER WANTED TO CALL PEOPLE WHO LEFT NEGATIVE REVIEWS ON HER BOOK.  Just let that sink in for a moment. 

All in all, I'd say this book has been a good thing.

Glad there's no way she can get my info! I give wrong info anyway...old addresses, old phone numbers. I'm not stupid!

33 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Glad there's no way she can get my info! I give wrong info anyway...old addresses, old phone numbers. I'm not stupid!

Yes, I feel for anyone who left a negative review under their real name, because Lori has admitted to threatening people who didn't do what she wanted in the past.  

I think she was genuinely shocked that people were allowed to disagree with her, and I can almost guarantee you that she called Amazon to see if they'd be a dear and delete the negative reviews.  This is, after all, the woman who threatened to sue Google if they didn't make is so a particular FJ thread didn't come up when you Googled her name.

yeah, well, she's too busy thinking her shit don't stink to realize that it's peeling paint and causing hazmat conditions all over socal. 

But...what do I know, I'm the idiot who just turned down a 100k/yr job because the thought of going back to corporate life makes me physically ill. 

I am proud to say I am one of the negative reviews that was a verifird purchases. and I did (fast) read majority of the book. 

The best thing, she can't delete the book. Many of her blog posts she deleted, are in print 

Forever :D:D makes me giddy. 

I'd just like to remind readers that major depression is an illness that is treated by medication and therapy, and not gotten rid of by disciplining one's mind. That's so much hokey bullshit and I'm afraid some woman/women is going to be misled into thinking all she has to do is think herself well rather than getting the professional attention she needs. To put it bluntly:  it wasn't until I started taking those evil psych drugz that I had the ability to discipline my mind, Lori.  Grrrrrrr.

Second this - I've had lifelong issues that have only just been resolved with the right mix of drugs and several diagnoses later, one confirmed as recently as a couple of months ago, that I have had as long as I can remember. I couldn't will myself well if I tried, and I have.

On a kind of related note, I've been reading the book Fair Game: The Incredible Untold Story of Scientology in Australia. It goes into some detail about L Ron Howard attempting to convince himself that his illnesses are in his head and he can heal himself - Lori sounds eerily like this and it wouldn't surprise me if she thought that illness was something that was brought on because of sin or wrongdoing rather than just being unwell.

I'm jealous of people for whom antidepressants work-- I'm part of the unfortunate population whose symptoms are exacerbated by psych drugs. I've been prescribed many (for anxiety, depression, PTSD) and I've never not had vastly increased suicidal thoughts on them, which is always a risk.

But I certainly couldn't will it away-- acupuncture and a trauma focused group have been my saviors. I wonder if Lori feels acupuncture is satanic? I know she wouldn't like group therapy because it allows women to talk to each other instead of just cooking organic produce (sorry, I love that she loves that phrase so much) at home.

28 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Three new 5 star reviews all from yesterday. Seems too coincidental. 

Verified purchases? Somehow I doubt it. I want the angry guy from "Inside Out" to show how much I dislike Lorkin. 

Archived