IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen- Part 23: Even more Duggary

samurai_sarah

14 minutes ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Right, a trust itself is a great instrument. It helps you avoid probate issues, estate taxes, keeps the property out of reach of lawsuits... ooh.... yeah.

The issue here isn't the trust itself, it's the uses to which the trust is being put (keeping the property out of reach of lawsuits.) It is a perfectly legal use, but in this case it's morally questionable. Should any of Josh's molestation victims choose to file a civil suit against him or his parents, they have sheltered their assets in a trusust is also being used to keep the assets out of Anna's reach. Chickenbutt, despite your lack of interest, I'm sure your name is on the trust, and your mother's name is on her trust, and your DIL's name is on HER trust. If any of you divorced tomorrow (God forbid, but hypothetically), you would have a claim on those assets. Since Anna sold her marital home to the trust, does she still have a claim on it? What money would she get if she divorced?

Josh and Anna's home was sold and put in a brand new trust, set up by one of Huckabee's lackeys that the Duggars use in addition to Travis Story, who handled the guardianship transfer. The new trust is/was (see below) not in Josh or Anna's names. Apologies, but I do not recall the name of that trust. But for all we know, once the threat of lawsuits died down after the Danica Dillon case was settled in Duggar's favor, the house could have been sold back to Josh and Anna and immediately put into a trust of their own, just in case. 

We have legal eagles here who can look that stuff up; I am not one of them. :D

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One my bed there is a fitted sheet, top sheet, and a blanket but no duvet or comforter. My husband and Iare hot blooded. Our guest bedroom is the same way, and we have plenty of extra blankets.

1 hour ago, Pasta said:

Wait, the Danica case was settled in the  duggs favor?

Yes, she admitted that she made up much of her story and the case was dropped. She cannot sue again. 

all of a sudden I see a cover in my head of people magazine of JB and Michelle - adopting number 20 saved us - they will use this for the show - i feel  it 

I see it in a couple of weeks because the press is picking it up....

About the bedding issue... many years ago a lovely lady, Mrs. Delia Graves of Portland, Oregon, who raised 5 children, gave me the best housekeeping advice ever. "Do your dishes and make your beds, and your house will look clean." 

Also very good was the Tamera Smith Allred plan of a morning routine, and this is what I use most days: dishes, beds, clean up after breakfast, put in one load of laundry, pick everything up off the floor, trash out. She was a journalist turned housewife back in the eighties, wrote a local homemaking column and a book or two, and now I think she is some sort of a counselor in Vancouver. 

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

Josh and Anna's home was sold and put in a brand new trust, set up by one of Huckabee's lackeys that the Duggars use in addition to Travis Story, who handled the guardianship transfer. The new trust is/was (see below) not in Josh or Anna's names. Apologies, but I do not recall the name of that trust. But for all we know, once the threat of lawsuits died down after the Danica Dillon case was settled in Duggar's favor, the house could have been sold back to Josh and Anna and immediately put into a trust of their own, just in case. 

We have legal eagles here who can look that stuff up; I am not one of them. :D

The Siloam Springs house is still owned ALB Investments LLC. The only officer listed is Travis Story (like @marmalade said- he handled the guardianship transfer). Doing a reverse address look-up shows the residents as the Dohle family but they were the previous owners before Josh and Anna bought it.

22 hours ago, DaniLouisiana said:

@grandmadugger, can you still learn to quilt even if you can't cut a straight line with a ruler? I want to make a quilt for my guest/grandbabies room but .....I can sew a straight line but not cut one.

Of course you can!  That's what pre cut fabric is for. 

40 minutes ago, Bethella said:

The Siloam Springs house is still owned ALB Investments LLC. The only officer listed is Travis Story (like @marmalade said- he handled the guardianship transfer). Doing a reverse address look-up shows the residents as the Dohle family but they were the previous owners before Josh and Anna bought it.

Oh, I didn't realize Travis Story handled that deal. I forget how Huckabee's campaign manager figures in with the Duggars, but he does. 

And very strange about the residents. I wonder if the house sits empty and they were the last residents? As we know, Josh and Anna never lived there. 

5 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Oh, I didn't realize Travis Story handled that deal. I forget how Huckabee's campaign manager figures in with the Duggars, but he does. 

And very strange about the residents. I wonder if the house sits empty and they were the last residents? As we know, Josh and Anna never lived there. 

It's entirely possible that the website I use (whitepages.com) hasn't gotten any updated information. I've seen people who've been dead for several years still listed there. :? 

2 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I recall reading somewhere eons ago - make your bed and your room will be halfway tidy.

Who ever said that as clearly never met anyone who views the floor as a giant shelf. :shifty-kitty: 

51 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Who ever said that as clearly never met anyone who views the floor as a giant shelf. :shifty-kitty: 

When I left for college a few months ago, my mother cleaned my room completely so it could be used as a guest room. I was home for about a week for thanksgiving, and by the day I was leaving for school again, you couldn't see my floor because of all the clothes and random things thrown about :tw_blush:

I guess I'm kind of messy. 

I liked flylady in theory. I used timers for my 15 minute bouts of decluttering, and that did work. (Pampered chef made a nice little timer that fit in a pocket or clipped to a belt. I had 4 of them)

I also liked the areas of concentration, but I have a large house, so "foyer" by itself is as large as a room, and yes, it gets full of stuff. It's like a giant closet the way we use it, so "foyer/living room/dining room?" couldn't be done in one day..

27 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I liked flylady in theory. I used timers for my 15 minute bouts of decluttering, and that did work. (Pampered chef made a nice little timer that fit in a pocket or clipped to a belt. I had 4 of them)

I also liked the areas of concentration, but I have a large house, so "foyer" by itself is as large as a room, and yes, it gets full of stuff. It's like a giant closet the way we use it, so "foyer/living room/dining room?" couldn't be done in one day..

Downsize, girl. As soon as those kids are gone, downsize. Our current house is 40% the size of our last home. It's so liberating.

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

My areas of concentration are things like, "under my dresser," "on top of my dresser," etc. But then I'll still feel like my room is too messy and like I've accomplished nothing and I give up.

19 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

My areas of concentration are things like, "under my dresser," "on top of my dresser," etc. But then I'll still feel like my room is too messy and like I've accomplished nothing and I give up.

I'm putting some good amount of emphasis on this in my life at the moment.  I'm excited because I'm actually pretty close to done, after living in a construction zone for most of the past three years!  

Anyway I took photos of 5 specific areas in the house that needed decluttering -- kitchen table, a side table, a pile of pet-related items on the floor, a nook area that had been used as random storage, and... the inside of my purse.  I sent the photos to a friend and labeled them "the squall zones".  As I get the areas cleaned up I'm sending her update photos -- "here's one in demi-squall state" and "here's one in quasi-desquall state" etc.  At this moment three of the five areas are "almost done" as in they could be done with perhaps 15 minutes of effort each.  The remaining two areas will take longer but they are improved from their initial state and will be getting my attention soon.

Then once those 5 are done, I have new "squall" areas I plan to tackle over the month of December.  These are less visible areas in the house but will take more time to deal with -- ie the stacks of papers hidden under the cover of the rolltop desk.  The stuff inside the filing cabinet.  The top drawer of my nightstand.  And the pile of books I want to get rid of but need to read first...

58 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I'm putting some good amount of emphasis on this in my life at the moment.  I'm excited because I'm actually pretty close to done, after living in a construction zone for most of the past three years!  

Anyway I took photos of 5 specific areas in the house that needed decluttering -- kitchen table, a side table, a pile of pet-related items on the floor, a nook area that had been used as random storage, and... the inside of my purse.  I sent the photos to a friend and labeled them "the squall zones".  As I get the areas cleaned up I'm sending her update photos -- "here's one in demi-squall state" and "here's one in quasi-desquall state" etc.  At this moment three of the five areas are "almost done" as in they could be done with perhaps 15 minutes of effort each.  The remaining two areas will take longer but they are improved from their initial state and will be getting my attention soon.

Then once those 5 are done, I have new "squall" areas I plan to tackle over the month of December.  These are less visible areas in the house but will take more time to deal with -- ie the stacks of papers hidden under the cover of the rolltop desk.  The stuff inside the filing cabinet.  The top drawer of my nightstand.  And the pile of books I want to get rid of but need to read first...

After the first of the year, I full intend to purge our house of 30% of the "stuff" we own, we just don't need it, it's getting ridiculous!! I'm itching to start, but realistically, doing it before Xmas is not going to happen.

I had a brief but passionate relationship with FlyLady years ago, but I felt she was bringing too much religion into the situation and broke it off. Her methods really did help me by breaking the work down into manageable chunks, but many of the emails contained stuff along the lines of "Jesus (or whoever you choose to worship) loves you! May Jesus (or your deity of choice) bless you! Take a moment to thank Jesus (or, you know, your heathen idol or whatever)." This was, I dunno, maybe ten-twelve years ago? I felt that she was dabbling in becoming a spiritual guru on top of her housework program and it made me too twitchy to continue with her. And my house has been a wreck ever since.

Decluttering: We went from a huge house to a little apartment. We had to get rid of probably 70% of our stuff. It actually feels liberating!

Mr. front hugs and I have recently been obsessed with all things Tiny Houses on TV. I love the idea, but not sure if I could swing it. 

16 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

Of course you can!  That's what pre cut fabric is for. 

Yup, precut fabric and also strip quilting. You tear the strips on the grain

I tried FlyLady out for awhile as well, but couldn't hack the many, many emails I received from her, which she insisted were very important to read.

And I hate cleaning.

I've dropped out of Fly Lady so many times. I want to like it, but it's both too much and not enough at the same time. I used to dread kitchen week because it is so damn much work. 

Re: downsizing: I SO want to. And I'm working on it. But every time I get one pile gone, another takes its place. I blame the Four. LOL!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived