• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
samurai_sarah

Duggars by the Dozen- Part 23: Even more Duggary

kunoichi66

Part 23!  I'll be able to remember that I was here when it was made...

PopRox

I normally don't follow this particular board because I would rather pretend that the Duggars aren't A Thing... but I was at wal-mart an hour ago and saw a magazine cover about Josh and Anna divorcing? I always take supermarket tabloids with a huge grain of salt (according to them, Jennifer Aniston has been pregnant about 500 times), but I wonder if there is any truth to that. If so, good for Anna! Dump that cheating loser!

Edited to add: Nevermind, I just checked out the last few pages of the previous thread and it looks like this is just a rumor. Which is sad. Anna and her children deserve better.

Edited by PopRox

marmalade

Mechelle as a toddler. It's so strange to see her without the poodle mullet. I see a little Jessa in the mouth. 

CorruptionInc.

If only she could've known "in 50 years you'll be married to a controlling sex mad f-wit, you'll be so exhausted, you'll have 19 kids you can't remember" etc. 

marmalade

And it's also not 50 years ago. 50 years ago, she was less than 2 months old, so she couldn't walk. LOL

Waffle Time
Italiangirl

Ehi this is the Duggar the time frame dosen't count for them :my_biggrin:

SPHASH

I so hope the Anna divorcing the perv is true.

marmalade
2 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Ehi this is the Duggar the time frame dosen't count for them :my_biggrin:

SOTDRT math strikes again! 

sillysally314

two quick thoughts:

1. what's the chance that dress was green? ;)

2. i could almost see her knees. TOTES DEFRAUDED!!!!11!1!

Edited by sillysally314

Mothership

When will the show finally deal with Anna and Josh and Jebus jail.  

Josh is the BIG, FUNDIE, ASSHAT ELEPHANT in the room.  You can't do a retrospective on weddings and just pretend that he wasn't already married (and cheating by then most likely, too)

You can't pretend everything is super-great in the compound.  Hey, Duggars--you want to be on reality TV--time to be real or get off the air.

front hugs > duggs

I took at Sexuality in Judaism course in college, which was not only super interesting, but we learned and discussed matters beyond Judaism. We compared "when life begins" among different 'sects' of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. I think one thing I realized during that lesson was about many conservative Christian pro-lifers. In reality, they are pro-birth, not pro-life. As in, a baby can be born into a terrible situation full of neglect and improper care, but as long as it's born, hallelujah! 

nastyhobbitses
22 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I took at Sexuality in Judaism course in college, which was not only super interesting, but we learned and discussed matters beyond Judaism. We compared "when life begins" among different 'sects' of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. I think one thing I realized during that lesson was about many conservative Christian pro-lifers. In reality, they are pro-birth, not pro-life. As in, a baby can be born into a terrible situation full of neglect and improper care, but as long as it's born, hallelujah! 

I think a lot of it is also about controlling women. Hard for a woman to get uppity and do what she wants to do when she has a kid she's obliged to care for.

foreign fundie
On 11/4/2016 at 6:15 AM, marmalade said:

Mechelle as a toddler. It's so strange to see her without the poodle mullet. I see a little Jessa in the mouth. 

Is that the infamous lawn she would be mowing in her bikini? :shock:

Chickenbutt

A bit off topic, but I just saw  an advertisement for a movie called "Rules Don't Apply" and one of the guys asked another guy "You know why she can't have sex? It might lead to dancing." (or something close to that)

Plotline

An aspiring young actress (Lily Collins) and her ambitious young driver (Alden Ehrenreich) struggle hopefully with the absurd eccentricities of the wildly unpredictable billionaire Howard Hughes (Warren Beatty) for whom they work. It's Hollywood, 1958. Small town beauty queen, songwriter, and devout Baptist virgin Marla Mabrey (Collins), under contract to the infamous Howard Hughes (Beatty), arrives in Los Angeles. At the airport, she meets her driver Frank Forbes (Ehrenreich), who is engaged to be married to his 7th grade sweetheart and is a deeply religious Methodist. Their instant attraction not only puts their religious convictions to the test, but also defies Hughes' #1 rule: no employee is allowed to have any relationship whatsoever with a contract actress. Hughes' behavior intersects with Marla and Frank in very separate and unexpected ways, and as they are drawn deeper into his bizarre world, their values are challenged and their lives are changed. Written by 20th Century Fox

Bolding mine. Reminded me of the Duggars.

ETA, Correction: He asks "You do know why she thinks sex is bad? It can lead to dancing"

Edited by Chickenbutt

Tired
Coconut Flan

I found this in another forum.  So the Duggars don't have a TV or do they?

Duggar big TV cropped.jpg

Waffle Time
JMO
1 minute ago, Coconut Flan said:

I found this in another forum.  So the Duggars don't have a TV or do they?

Duggar big TV cropped.jpg

That's a far cry from the 15 inch old tube TV they used to prop on the chair with an antenna. 

paulypepper
3 minutes ago, JMO said:

That's a far cry from the 15 inch old tube TV they used to prop on the chair with an antenna. 

I remember that! Wasn't Joy put in charge of blocking the screen when something ebil came on?

Giddy
Carm_88
2 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

I remember that! Wasn't Joy put in charge of blocking the screen when something ebil came on?

Hahah yes she was! I remember her blocking when they were on Good Morning America (maybe..) 

Waffle Time
OldFadedStar

It looks like that is a projector. I think i remember hearing them say they have one...

ksgranola1

I don't think they even make projectors anymore. You use a disc. And that looks like a news show.

Tired
Coconut Flan

Do projector screens usually come with black borders? 

FundieFarmer
9 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

It looks exactly like the projector screens we had in high school and at some churches I've been to. 

All the better for projecting hymn power points! 

Happy
Gillyweed
13 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Yeah, that's apart of a screen that usually descends from the ceiling so the projection is on a flat, empty surface. Every single one of my college classes have one. In high school we used smartBoards, which also was a projector with a screen, but the screen had special markers so you could use it like a whiteboard.