IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen- Part 23: Even more Duggary

samurai_sarah

9 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

We would hope he would stay in Texas, but JB is very good at turning Son in laws into his slaves.

ETA: They do say house in the post, so probably Pimp Daddy JB just expanding the empire.

Went back and found the post on his facebook page.  Its from September and the privacy is set to public.  Its in NW Arkansas.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Kittikatz said:

Further adding to all this fun with names and name origins, names were frequently changed accidentally or deliberately in the process of Europeans moving to the Americas. In the very early days, literacy was poor and spelling morphed in some creative ways, I later years, immigration staff often misspelled or got surnames of immigrants completely wrong. For example, in the early 1900s Canada immigration asked people "what are you called?" When collecting surnames. The way this was translated into Ukrainian was "what is your work?", So there are quite a few people of Ukrainian ancestry who have last names that mean 'Farmer' or 'Carpenter' in Ukrainian. Profession based names were unusual in Ukraine, so some of these names exist only in Canada. 

My maternal family's last name is not an easy one to pronounce for most English speakers, so it got utterly mangled by immigration in Halifax. It also exists only in Canada, and anyone with the name is almost certainly related, came over on the same boat, and got renamed by the same immigration officer. 

This was pretty common, and generally went unchallenged as most immigrants were not in a position to argue with the people issuing them their paperwork.

Also, some people too immigration as an opportunity to completely reinvent themselves by simply giving the immigration officer the wrong name. Identity documents were few and far between, so if you said your name was Smith, they generally believed you. A friend's father fled Europe after WWII and was so sure that the Nazis were going to come back and find him (he had been in the Polish resistance and was quite infamous) that he lied to immigration about his name, age and country of origin. His family only found out years after he died. My father also fled Europe and decided to shave 12 years off of his age, and neglected to mention that he was married. FSM knows why. His Canadian identity documents have a different year of birth from those I found from his home country. 

it makes genealogy research quite vexing at times....

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I think it's sometimes hard to know where a family originated from when it was super common to change the name (on accident or on purpose.) My maiden name has only been our family name for a few generations. It was changed when my great-grandpa came here from Denmark.

Wait. Is this new construction? Didn't they all build the TTH together? Why a construction agency???? JK. I know they just hampered the TTH construction.

4 hours ago, Flossie said:

It does look like a church.  JB might want to start up his home church again, and now he has three sons in law who need something to do.  Well, Bin needs something to do that can be filmed, cleaning toilets for the camera just doesn't cut it.  

It would work out well. JB would be in control, since he built the church.  He'd have his hand in his kid's living arrangements, jobs, and salary.  He could even provide health insurance, and that would give him another measure of control as he sneaked peeks at what services his spawn were seeking from his hand picked 'allowed medical providers'.

Jeremy might be enticed to relocate if he can be the head pastor at the Church of Duggar.  Jinger wouldn't have any trouble being a pastors wife since she'd be related to the majority of the congregation, and she can be the official church photographer.  (They both can also be hired to work at weddings held at the church).

Bin can be junior pastor and he and Jessa can run the young adult bible study groups.  He can give the occasional sermon and do something for underprivleged youth now and again.

And the church could sponser Derick so JB can send Derick and Jill to a safe English speaking location for missionary work.  That way, the church could call them home whenever the Duggars want, or whenever Jill starts to get too lonely or scared.  If JB hires Derick to do the books, that would be another reason to call Derick home frequently.  If JB does it slowly, and in stages, he could tie Derick up to the point where Derick would be missionary to a group of heathens that live within an easy one hour drive from the TTH.  Derick can be appeased by running short two week missionary trips out of the country a couple times a year.

Anna can run the daycare group during services, and Josh can be the janitor.  Jana can be the church secretary, since she's got so much free time on her hands these days (/sarcasm).

JB and Michelle can wander in and do bible study with the married couples when they get bored, and lead away weekends at the place Joy is going to be living at when she gets married.  He can also make a litttle money renting the church out for heathen weddings.  JB can also use the church as a means to scope out potential partners for all his unmarried kidults.  

And they could all live happily tax-free-ever-after!

9 hours ago, Flossie said:

It does look like a church.  JB might want to start up his home church again, and now he has three sons in law who need something to do.  Well, Bin needs something to do that can be filmed, cleaning toilets for the camera just doesn't cut it.  

It would work out well. JB would be in control, since he built the church.  He'd have his hand in his kid's living arrangements, jobs, and salary.  He could even provide health insurance, and that would give him another measure of control as he sneaked peeks at what services his spawn were seeking from his hand picked 'allowed medical providers'.

Jeremy might be enticed to relocate if he can be the head pastor at the Church of Duggar.  Jinger wouldn't have any trouble being a pastors wife since she'd be related to the majority of the congregation, and she can be the official church photographer.  (They both can also be hired to work at weddings held at the church).

Bin can be junior pastor and he and Jessa can run the young adult bible study groups.  He can give the occasional sermon and do something for underprivleged youth now and again.

And the church could sponser Derick so JB can send Derick and Jill to a safe English speaking location for missionary work.  That way, the church could call them home whenever the Duggars want, or whenever Jill starts to get too lonely or scared.  If JB hires Derick to do the books, that would be another reason to call Derick home frequently.  If JB does it slowly, and in stages, he could tie Derick up to the point where Derick would be missionary to a group of heathens that live within an easy one hour drive from the TTH.  Derick can be appeased by running short two week missionary trips out of the country a couple times a year.

Anna can run the daycare group during services, and Josh can be the janitor.  Jana can be the church secretary, since she's got so much free time on her hands these days (/sarcasm).

JB and Michelle can wander in and do bible study with the married couples when they get bored, and lead away weekends at the place Joy is going to be living at when she gets married.  He can also make a litttle money renting the church out for heathen weddings.  JB can also use the church as a means to scope out potential partners for all his unmarried kidults.  

I especially love the Josh as janitor part.

10 hours ago, Flossie said:

Sounds like the beginnings of an honest to God cult. Like this sounds scary plausible. 

9 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I think it's sometimes hard to know where a family originated from when it was super common to change the name (on accident or on purpose.) My maiden name has only been our family name for a few generations. It was changed when my great-grandpa came here from Denmark.

I'm thinking this is part of why so many people are getting those ancestry DNA tests done... Family histories passed down orally are notoriously inaccurate and names often don't connect very well to whatever paperwork may (or may not) exist.

I doubt they'd rent the church to heathen weddings. Lord forbid the children's eyes be sullied by a hussy in a strapless wedding dress... Wait a sec, that already happened with Cousin Amy.

Maybe that lesbian couple from Texas who took a pic of themselves kissing outside the TTH could rent the Duggar church.

5 hours ago, luxfilia said:

I especially love the Josh as janitor part.

That's what the creepy guy who worked at my church did. That and wear the Easter bunny costume every year. I don't think that would work for Joshly though.

13 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Wait. Is this new construction? Didn't they all build the TTH together? Why a construction agency???? JK. I know they just hampered the TTH construction.

That guy has a decorative concrete company listed as his employer. I'm sure he was there to teach the kids how to do it in the future. You know that's just what I want a bunch of SORDT kids playing with acids and such near my family and friends. Really JB if you are planning on blowing up NWA will you give me a heads up so I can get them out of there. 

15 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And they could all live happily tax-free-ever-after!

My thoughts exactly. And JB will think that he's the Donald Trump of Arkansas for thinking of such an ingenious way to dodge taxes. He's already on his way to being Trump of Arkansas if you think about it: lots of money from real estate, reality TV star, horrible father, disturbingly OK with sexually predatory behavior, somehow manages to find women with bad enough taste and low enough standards to marry him, and wants to tell the country how it should be run while actively finding ways to contribute nothing to it.

10 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

My thoughts exactly. And JB will think that he's the Donald Trump of Arkansas for thinking of such an ingenious way to dodge taxes. He's already on his way to being Trump of Arkansas if you think about it: lots of money from real estate, reality TV star, horrible father, disturbingly OK with sexually predatory behavior, somehow manages to find women with bad enough taste and low enough standards to marry him, and wants to tell the country how it should be run while actively finding ways to contribute nothing to it.

DON'T FORGET THE HAIR!!! They both have serious problems not only inside their heads, but even on top of it. Although JB is more profound when it comes to the use of hairspray than Trump is.

On 11/28/2016 at 8:03 AM, Flossie said:

Spoiler

kvpaw.gif

I was surfing youtube and this was suggested to me:

A few things I noticed:

-Cindy helped decorate the house.  I never realized that.

-Michelle was showing more emotion than I think I've seen her display in about 5 or 6 years.

-I had forgotten some of the original features of the TTH.  I didn't remember that they had a gazebo or a full out door kitchen.  I had thought that it was just a nice big grill.  I also frequently forget the tunnel slide from the boys' room and their hideaways.  

-The girls' room looks so big with just the 5 of them in there.  Soon there will be just 5 again and finally as many beds as kids again. 

-JB making a gross comment about making #17.  UGH.  I had mistakenly thought he didn't start with that crap until later. 

@JMO The weird thing for me was seeing the boys' room with no bedclothes, and the girls' with the poofy pink duvets.  I intellectually knew that they don't allow the lads to have blankets (presumably in case they masturbate?  Presumably they don't even imagine girls do?) but it looked so cold, emotionally, to see them lie down without bedding to snuggle under.

ETA I'm also having a MASSIVE disconnect between not being allowed sheets to cover themselves with, but all the boys having their own hideaways...  Where did the rope-net lead to?  Is there a nice secret place to sleep unseen up there?  Or does it just lead to a top bunk?  I was also interested in how the girls' rooms had partitions, so there was at lease a tiny bit of semi-privacy, but the boys are all out in the open, except for the hideyholes

2 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Is that building new construction or are they just renovating it? 

It looks like a renovation to me. The bricks and curves scream 70's / 80's to me.

@JMO, what struck me most was the picture my computer used for the video, of Michelle reading a story to the girls on one of their beds. I contrasted this to the scene in the Sound of Music during the thunderstorm, when all of the Von Trapp kids (except Liesl) are seeking comfort on Maria's bed, terrified because of the storm. The Michelle scene felt very staged to me, unlike the Sound of Music (yes, I know it was, but Maria is warmer with the Von Trapp children than Michelle is with her own children.)

I had forgotten how Josh used to narrate EVERY episode (or so it seemed). His voice makes me feel so gross now. Now that I think about it, it did then, too.

18 hours ago, VixenToast said:

That's what the creepy guy who worked at my church did. That and wear the Easter bunny costume every year. I don't think that would work for Joshly though.

Haha! The janitor at my church was a nice old southern man who didn't actually attend there. Loved him though! He reminded me of Scatman Crothers. But I do like to think of Josh scrubbing toilets.

5 hours ago, JMO said:

-I had forgotten some of the original features of the TTH.  I didn't remember that they had a gazebo or a full out door kitchen.  I had thought that it was just a nice big grill.  I also frequently forget the tunnel slide from the boys' room and their hideaways.  

With the new bunk beds in the boys room, I wonder if that tunnel is still accessible? They seem to have removed a lot of the "fun things. The playroom has a lot less toys and more school space, I already mentioned the tunnel, the lofts seems to no longer be accessible as well.

5 hours ago, JMO said:

The girls' room looks so big with just the 5 of them in there.  Soon there will be just 5 again and finally as many beds as kids again. 

I find it slightly upsetting that despite there now being almost twice as many girls (actually more than twice at one point) there are actually less beds in the room.

4 hours ago, Lurky said:

ETA I'm also having a MASSIVE disconnect between not being allowed sheets to cover themselves with, but all the boys having their own hideaways...  Where did the rope-net lead to?  Is there a nice secret place to sleep unseen up there?  Or does it just lead to a top bunk?  I was also interested in how the girls' rooms had partitions, so there was at lease a tiny bit of semi-privacy, but the boys are all out in the open, except for the hideyholes

The rope net let to a loft in the ceiling. Access to the loft seems to be gone now. I wondered if that was the reason.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived