IGNORED

Even More Bateses! (Part the 19th)

Destiny

22 hours ago, wandering woman said:

I'm stuck on the fact that a college offers cosmetology classes.  I realize that it is a conservative, bible college, but still.  WTF???

I think it makes sense. They're always telling women to be pretty and sweet to please their husbands. I'm surprised they don't offer a charm and housekeeping certificate. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, sunshine said:

It appears that Chad's older sister got a man. 

Really weird photo. It's like they didn't like her location in the original photo, so they edited her out, leaving her hand around his neck, and then shooped his hand onto her hip. You can see the portion of shirt along the right side of her body that doesn't match shadow and light-wise.

25 minutes ago, 16strong said:

Really weird photo. It's like they didn't like her location in the original photo, so they edited her out, leaving her hand around his neck, and then shooped his hand onto her hip. You can see the portion of shirt along the right side of her body that doesn't match shadow and light-wise.

Good eye. I saw the hand on the shoulder and it did not dawn on me photoshopping. They could have done a few takes in various positions.

Maybe because I'm on my phone and can't zoom in. But I'm not seeing what you're seeing... on anyone besides Dakota and Thomas?

1 hour ago, 16strong said:

I think that the hand on Thomas's shoulder belongs to the guy on the other side of Dakota. He must have a long arm, lol.

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

I think that the hand on Thomas's shoulder belongs to the guy on the other side of Dakota. He must have a long arm, lol.

You mean the poor guy who wasn't told about the plaid theme? :pb_lol:

i was watching the little clips on the up website, and tori mentioned that bobby will be moving to TN next year, as she completes her final year of college. so by the sounds of it things are getting pretty serious and moving towards marriage soon.

On 11/12/2016 at 10:17 AM, samurai_sarah said:

Please keep the political discussions in "A Quiverfull of Politics". This is not a rule, this is a request! Curious, aka the site-owner, asked that we keep political discussions in the relevant sub-forums. So, let's...eff it, I have a head-cold, so please just do what she says, okay?

Thank you! We could agree to disagree for years.

6 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

i was watching the little clips on the up website, and tori mentioned that bobby will be moving to TN next year, as she completes her final year of college. so by the sounds of it things are getting pretty serious and moving towards marriage soon.

Or, he likes TN and wants to move there. Ha.

10 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

That's sad.  Tori has a great personality and has the potential to do a lot more than marry early and produce many babies.  I hope Carlin and Josie don't marry young either. They seem bright and interesting too.

18 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Interesting. Well at least she seems like she's going to finish up her last year. That's a good thing. 

I made a thread about it in Quiver Full of Snark, but I figured I would put a bit about it here too since the Bates are pretty much running IBLP now and sometimes people don't wander over to that section so they might miss it. While Gothard is no longer the head of IBLP, his teachings are still very much there and they still use his videos. One of the trailers for this movie features Alyssa's father in law. 

On 11/25/2016 at 1:25 PM, Carm_88 said:

You mean the poor guy who wasn't told about the plaid theme? :pb_lol:

Doesn't look like Erin got the message either. They stick out like sore thumbs. 

On November 26, 2016 at 2:32 AM, wandering woman said:

That's sad.  Tori has a great personality and has the potential to do a lot more than marry early and produce many babies.  I hope Carlin and Josie don't marry young either. They seem bright and interesting too.

I think they will have a Chad and Erin type relationship. Erin finished school and continues to teach piano and make CDs. Yes she is a house wife, but at least she still has time to do what she loves on the side. I respect tori for finishing school. My prediction is that she would substitute teach or do private tutoring on the side. The bates children apparently pay for the their own school after their freshman year, I doubt she would waste thousands of dollars by not using her degree. She also seems the most serious about her education, judging by her good grades and being the only girl who wants to be in school.

On 11/27/2016 at 3:35 PM, formergothardite said:

I made a thread about it in Quiver Full of Snark, but I figured I would put a bit about it here too since the Bates are pretty much running IBLP now and sometimes people don't wander over to that section so they might miss it. While Gothard is no longer the head of IBLP, his teachings are still very much there and they still use his videos. One of the trailers for this movie features Alyssa's father in law. 

Apparently the movie maker has a GoFundMe page:

https://www.gofundme.com/the-cult-next-door

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere yet:

To the people of Australia - first JinJer, now this? I'm so, so sorry you're being subjected to this.

Also, David Waller should just change his username to Pecan Thief. Just saying.

Oooooooh, that is interesting! I'm only a couple of hours away from Melbourne, but the chances of me running into them are pretty slim even though it would be quite the sight to see them.

Side note: I do find it rather surprising that the Duggars (except for Jinger) have yet to step on the shores of Aus.

IBLP has had a training center in Australian for a long time. I'm always surprised that they are able to keep it running when so many of their international training centers closed. 

Gil and Kelly tend to take 1 or 2 kids with them when they travel to Gothard conferences--I wonder who the lucky ones will be this time?

Also, when is Alyssa Bates Webster's baby due in January?

33 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Gil and Kelly tend to take 1 or 2 kids with them when they travel to Gothard conferences--I wonder who the lucky ones will be this time?

Also, when is Alyssa Bates Webster's baby due in January?

2 kids old enough to court.

alyssa is expecting for January 21 I think.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived