IGNORED

Even More Bateses! (Part the 19th)

Destiny

I know we say the duggars are boring but the Bates television episodes are reruns with extra details thrown in.  Talk about boring.  

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how Alyssa's new freedoms/lifestyle affects her siblings. I can easily see Kelly being like to the other girls "if you want to move to a beach state and wear shorts and be married to a successful politician like Alyssa then follow my rules."   Obviously not in so many words, but I'm sure it gets implied every now and then. Cause following Kelly's rules is exactly how Alyssa got where she is. Instead of Alyssa's life encouraging the girls to think about what they may want for themselves, I bet all its done is "want whatever mom and dad want because that's how you make it."

To clarify, I don't think Alyssa is stepping away from her beliefs. I just think that seeing the new way she's living could have potentially let the girls think outside the box. But it probably hasn't.

9 hours ago, Pasta said:

I know we say the duggars are boring but the Bates television episodes are reruns with extra details thrown in.  Talk about boring.  

I think the Bates season has been much too long.  It feels like it started half a year ago with Nathan's courtship beginning and then ending and Erin announcing her pregnancy and now having the baby.  They need to take a breather.

18 hours ago, zadie said:

To clarify, I don't think Alyssa is stepping away from her beliefs. I just think that seeing the new way she's living could have potentially let the girls think outside the box. But it probably hasn't.

You'd think that it would make them think outside the box. Alyssa is wearing pants and she's ok. Shouldn't we be allowed to wear pants? I'm just not sure that it has; I don't know. They have such a good front on social media that you can't tell anything by them. Well it all comes out in the wash. 

Wearing pants isn't outside the box of IBLP/ATI, so while it might make them think outside their parents tiny, tiny box, but I don't think wearing pants will make any of them start thinking outside the IBLP/ATI/fundie box. If Michal is struggling to get pregnant despite doing "all the right things" it might, but there is still that message that if something bad happens it could be a hidden sin, so who knows. 

If one of the daughters left home and did well on her own, that would probably have a big potential to help others move out of fundiedom, but right now, their life is going pretty well, so there doesn't seem to be any reason for them to start thinking about their beliefs. 

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Wearing pants isn't outside the box of IBLP/ATI, so while it might make them think outside their parents tiny, tiny box, but I don't think wearing pants will make any of them start thinking outside the IBLP/ATI/fundie box. If Michal is struggling to get pregnant despite doing "all the right things" it might, but there is still that message that if something bad happens it could be a hidden sin, so who knows. 

If one of the daughters left home and did well on her own, that would probably have a big potential to help others move out of fundiedom, but right now, their life is going pretty well, so there doesn't seem to be any reason for them to start thinking about their beliefs. 

They'll think Brandon has a hidden sin and blame Michael(a) for failing to fix it.

1 hour ago, QuiverDance said:

They'll think Brandon has a hidden sin and blame Michael(a) for failing to fix it.

I'd rather say this girl is just trying too much. Her family say "Michael loves babies" more often than they drain water in toilet. I wouldn't be suprised if it's all ok with her body, but problem is she is too much pregnancy-centered.

I used to get SO ANGRY when I was having trouble getting pregnant, and people told me I was thinking about it too much.  It INFURIATED me.  Then I gave up on it, bought a fucking roadster, and found out I was pregnant almost immediately afterward.  

I can imagine that. But I'd be more furious if my own family spoke about babies and my future babies and babies in general. Like you're not real person, but only their own imagine about how you should be. If my relatives still jump out of this topic I'd feel trapped, attacked and not worthy of attention other as a future mother.

It has to be extremely frustrating. I have no doubt that Michael loves babies and I am sure that she would love to have one of her own. That being said, she's more than her uterus and if it's not to be, I hope that she knows that. 

John Webster put up a new IG photo. Alyssa doesn't even look pregnant in that photo. I know bumps fluctuate, but dang, she really doesn't show!

1 hour ago, season of life said:

John Webster put up a new IG photo. Alyssa doesn't even look pregnant in that photo. I know bumps fluctuate, but dang, she really doesn't show!

I know a girl who has always been rail thin just like Alyssa, she's 20 weeks pregnant with baby #3 and she posted a belly pic with her shirt lifted up. She only has the smallest hint of a bump, like you have to LOOK for it! With her shirt on you can't tell she's pregnant, at all. Some women just tend to carry small. Not me though, I was huge but I loved it! I couldn't keep my hands off my big ol bump :)

Yeah, I had dinner about two weeks ago with a friend who's due on Christmas day, and the waiter kept asking her if she was sure she didn't want any wine. I could barely tell she was pregnant and I knew it. ;)

They look pretty much normal now. They have come a long way from those bright prairie dresses. 

Too bad they haven't come far at all with their actually beliefs. They just put more normal looking clothes on a terrible belief system. 

I'm guessing that it will be the younger ones who finally start questioning the beliefs. The same with the Duggars. The older ones are too entrenched in the lifestyle, while the young ones were raised by siblings and let run wild. 

7 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Too bad they haven't come far at all with their actually beliefs. They just put more normal looking clothes on a terrible belief system. 

I'm guessing that it will be the younger ones who finally start questioning the beliefs. The same with the Duggars. The older ones are too entrenched in the lifestyle, while the young ones were raised by siblings and let run wild. 

Ah yes their beliefs will always be horrible unless they stop believing it. The normal clothing just disguises the crazy. I hope that they all begin to realize that they have been brought up in a cult but I'm not sure if that will happen. I think too that the littles who can't remember the days of frumpers will begin to question. 

I think it will be very hard for the older ones to accept that their lifestyle is very, very bad. But the young ones who remember their mom as being a sibling and not their actual mother and who know the life of being on TV, it will be difficult to keep them in line as they age. 

They will probably be the ones who rebel and realize that their parents exploited them and raised them in a cult. 

I actually tend to think the younger ones are less likely to leave (which, given the current lifestyle of the older ones, doesn't bode well at all), because they don't remember the days of prairie dresses and going to bed hungry and having to take on far too much responsibility at a young age.

I certainly hope you're right, though, and all the younger Bateses and Duggars escape.

30 minutes ago, Pasta said:

In her 28 week post, she looks amazing.  Cute outfit, makeup all done up.  Really nice. 

For those curious about what this poster meant:

Is it bad I'm laughing really hard at the sign? I know it's stupid, I just think it's funny that the sign is backwards in the photo. And to be fair, I likely wouldn't have thought of writing it backwards so it showed up right.

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

For those curious about what this poster meant:

Is it bad I'm laughing really hard at the sign? I know it's stupid, I just think it's funny that the sign is backwards in the photo. And to be fair, I likely wouldn't have thought of writing it backwards so it showed up right.

Thanks! I couldn't figure out how to get the image in the post.  

11 minutes ago, Pasta said:

Thanks! I couldn't figure out how to get the image in the post.  

No problem!

If you're on Instagram and want to share:

1. Click on the three dots above the picture. They'll be in the same area as the username, just on the opposite side of the picture.

2. Click "Copy Share URL."

3. Return to FJ and paste in the comment box. The picture should appear - it may take a bit of time, but it should pop up eventually.

Quick bump note: I'm not rail thin, but about average to plump and I carried so small that when I went in to be induced at 39 weeks +2 the L/D nurse asked if I was a visitor even though I had my bags and my little wrist band and everything. No one believed how far along I was after about 7 months because I never 'popped'. It did save me from ever having a stranger touch my belly, so there's that.

4 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

Quick bump note: I'm not rail thin, but about average to plump and I carried so small that when I went in to be induced at 39 weeks +2 the L/D nurse asked if I was a visitor even though I had my bags and my little wrist band and everything. No one believed how far along I was after about 7 months because I never 'popped'. It did save me from ever having a stranger touch my belly, so there's that.

I definitely popped a while ago. But at 30 weeks I'm still pretty much all baby. My mom almost didn't believe me when I said how far along I was the other day. She forgot how much time has passed. :pb_lol:

Alyssa is one of those lucky women that pregnancy really agrees with. As far as I'm concerned, bump size doesn't matter as long as mom and baby are healthy and happy. 

I did have my first unwanted touch today. We had a game night with friends and one friend asked to touch the bump. I was fine with it because I like her and she's had a very rough time lately - so I thought it may cheer her up to feel the baby move. She thought it was really cool and really weird.

BIL's fiancée overheard and came over loudly stating she wanted to touch too. I really don't like her and don't like even having to spend time with her, let alone have to hug her or let her touch my belly - but I had already said yes to our friend, so I felt like I couldn't say no without it turning into a big deal. :my_dodgy:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived