IGNORED

Even More Bateses! (Part the 19th)

Destiny

Little headbands can be cute and sweet once in a while. But the ones that are popular these days are practically fascinators, ones that would make the Ferguson princesses ask, "Oh my dear, what ARE you wearing !?" 

MTIwOTAwNjIyMjExMDE5ODA2.jpg

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:38 PM, sunshine said:

It appears that Chad's older sister got a man. 

The dude on the back right, in the plaid shirt - who's hand is that on his shoulder?  It makes no sense anatomically. Or is it some sort of optical illusion?

24 minutes ago, justwatching said:

The dude on the back right, in the plaid shirt - who's hand is that on his shoulder?  It makes no sense anatomically. Or is it some sort of optical illusion?

He also appears to have no legs, if you look trough the hole between the arm and body of the boy kneeling in front of him. Some bad photoshopping going on there

40 minutes ago, DutchGirl said:

He also appears to have no legs, if you look trough the hole between the arm and body of the boy kneeling in front of him. Some bad photoshopping going on there

But there are feet below that! It's all so confusing! 

So I'm just going to guess the next girl will be Andi to go with her theme of all nick names that derive from the name Alexandra.

2 hours ago, DutchGirl said:

LOL! Sure enough!  Now I wonder how many of the rest of them are shopped in.  That's definitely more than just swapping a head.  the lighting on his face and the guy with the blue shirt next to him is just a bit different than the others.

Eh, the name Lexi doesn't bother me that much - I have a student who is Alexis and goes by Lexi.  I think it's the addition of "Mae" that kinda countrifies it a bit.  All of the Bates granddaughters have "i/y" names - Allie, Kaci, Brookie (as they call Brooklyn), and soon to be Lexi, so it's not like she's going that far afield.  Frankly I prefer Lexi over Brooklyn, but I could do without the Mae.  *shrug*  As is said all the time, at least it's not another Heistheway!

8 hours ago, justwatching said:

Isn't it the hand of the guy in the blue shirt w/ a red stripe, all the way to the right? 

8 hours ago, DutchGirl said:

His left knee is bent so it's behind the guy in front of him. That's why just his foot shows.

3 hours ago, Snarkle said:

Eh, the name Lexi doesn't bother me that much - I have a student who is Alexis and goes by Lexi.  I think it's the addition of "Mae" that kinda countrifies it a bit.  All of the Bates granddaughters have "i/y" names - Allie, Kaci, Brookie (as they call Brooklyn), and soon to be Lexi, so it's not like she's going that far afield.  Frankly I prefer Lexi over Brooklyn, but I could do without the Mae.  *shrug*  As is said all the time, at least it's not another Heistheway!

I think there's a big difference between Lexi as a nickname for Alexis and Lexi as an official first name though

On 12/7/2016 at 0:38 PM, Coconut Flan said:

It has the Ellie Mae ring to it.  How many bedrooms do they have?  Will the next infant have to start doubling up?  Do most people really go that elaborate for a second child's newborn room?  My daughter changed the bedskirt, glider pillow, and name on the wall in the existing nursery.  She did set up a new room for the already existing two year old but it was nowhere as fancy as the Bates kids do.  it isn't shown on TV or social media.  Perhaps that's the difference.

It looks like she grifted a bunch of that stuff.

Plus, she is a superficial twit.

On 12/8/2016 at 8:35 AM, Yomoaw said:

Allie and Alyssa are pretty close. They wouldn't have to call her Alexa, but giving her the option would have been nice. 

Well, why not actually the real names  - like Allison or Alexa/Alexandra  - the way a normal adult would? Oh, yeah, the reason the names sound like something a 7 year old would give her dolls .... well, do I need to spell it out?

It's has been quite trendy for some time for people to just name their kids a nickname and not the full name.  I named my son a very traditional boy's name with a traditional spelling (because my name, while traditional, isn't the most common spelling and I get sick of correcting everyone).   He does go by a nickname now, but we gave him the option to do so.

If you think of the Bates 1.0 group, their names are all over the place:

Gil uses his middle name, as do Lawson and Nathan

Kelly often goes by Kelly Jo

Michael/la's multiple spellings

Tori, Josie, Katie, Ellie, and Jeb are all nicknames

So for  Bates 2.0, it's not surprising some of the grandkids have nicknames for their given names (even Carson is a nickname) and are called by two names.

Frankly the Bates names are better than the odd names of the Duggar grandkids (unique spellings, letter trends, and Spurgeon) and some of the other megafamilies (just read the Upcoming Babies for some questionable names).  There was even a discussion recently how two Mueller grandkids born just months apart are both named Caleb and will have to go by two names.

Allie is adorable!!!

(And I don't think I've seen a fundie girl child dressed so practically & age appropriately ever - she's even wearing proper shoes!)

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

John Webster now has an Instagram for his part time cleaning business (he also works for his family air conditioning business). There is a cute video of little Ally "helping":  https://www.instagram.com/jonnyonthespotcleaning/

Here's what I don't get why/how is John doing service calls and running this business. Something doesn't add up really. Either he's not a tech or daddy's company doesn't have the business to give him full time hours.  When hubby was working in the private sector he rarely worked just 40 hours.  Now installers and sheet metal guys were a different story. There's also no reason that the four of them couldn't live off his wages either if he really was a tech. Things don't add up here. 

9 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

Here's what I don't get why/how is John doing service calls and running this business. Something doesn't add up really. Either he's not a tech or daddy's company doesn't have the business to give him full time hours.  When hubby was working in the private sector he rarely worked just 40 hours.  Now installers and sheet metal guys were a different story. There's also no reason that the four of them couldn't live off his wages either if he really was a tech. Things don't add up here. 

I always assumed he just did lower level work for his father's company? Not an actual tech, but just helped with clean up and what not. 

20 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

Well. you just summed up most of these fundies.

It seems like this cleaning business is a full time thing as the hours listed on the website under the contact information suggest that they're contactable 8-5 on weekdays and also 9-5 on Saturdays. Definitely a fundie business though- they list Sunday as "closed".

14 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I always assumed he just did lower level work for his father's company? Not an actual tech, but just helped with clean up and what not. 

His bio on the cleaning biz site says he's been a tech for 6 years. I guess he could use that title and be an apprentice, guy who carries the tools for the real techs. After 6 years though he should have the skills to run his own truck. The hiccup though is if he failed his EPA certification. No matter what his skill level is you can't do anything without the EPA cert so you can handle the refrigerants. 

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Well. you just summed up most of these fundies.

I realize I'm using logic on fundies but it's so ingrained that I forget nothing is logical with these people. 

Agreed. If he really is a certified HVAC tech, then I really don't see why he would strike out on his own doing unskilled work like cleaning. I'll be curious to see how this pans out for them.

Maybe John isn't a real tech or maybe there are a few cleaning services in his area so he thinks it's a good business. As far as he's not grifting and not starving his family, any job is fine for me.

HVACs around here make good money, especially if they land a few business clients. So, why did he leave the family's HVAC business?

if they're wanting to branch out on their own away from his family's business, good for them. i think it's a positive move.

You can branch out on your own while still doing the job you're certified to do, especially if you're planning on supporting a stay-at-home wife and eleventy children, instead of doing a job that requires no certification and pays way less. I just don't see that as a smart move at all. NOT that we know everything about these's people's lives, obviously. Maybe he isn't actually certified as an HVAC tech or whatever.

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

Maybe he isn't actually certified as an HVAC tech or whatever.

That is what I am thinking, he was never actually certified. So he's branching out to do cleaning, which is a job, so it's fine. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived