IGNORED

Even More Bateses! (Part the 19th)

Destiny

It's funny how people's opinions about bump size vary, though I was small I measured 8 weeks behind when I had my son at 34 weeks, I had an anterior placenta so he was towards my back and was under 3 lbs. But when I came back from maternity leave I had one patient ask me if I had had twins and tell me I looked like I had been ready to give birth a few months before... she said I was HUUUUGE. 

So nice, eh? 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hilee said:

It's funny how people's opinions about bump size vary, though I was small I measured 8 weeks behind when I had my son at 34 weeks, I had an anterior placenta so he was towards my back and was under 3 lbs. But when I came back from maternity leave I had one patient ask me if I had had twins and tell me I looked like I had been ready to give birth a few months before... she said I was HUUUUGE. 

So nice, eh? 

I don't understand the need to tell people that they are huge. Like they're waddling around, they're uncomfortable. you don't need to say that "You're huge." 

On October 23, 2016 at 2:26 AM, colors_outside15 said:

I tend to think that whether big or small, people have a reason for "changing" their name, even if it's nickname to legal name or vice versa. It must be (maybe is for certain people?) hard for people close to that person to change what they call them, but you all sound very understanding and supportive. FreeJinger impresses again.

It can be hard for some people, but IME most make the effort.  I changed mine, not for any nepharious reason but because I hated it ...same way I'd have gotten surgery if I had some disfigurement that bothered me.  And it's way cheaper and less painful than surgery. :)

It was the best thing I ever did for myself.

one of my sons did the same, and despite the fact that I loved the name I gave him I understood what it's like to cringe at your own name so I totally supported him - even went with him to court. 

I'm not one to maintain contact with most people from my past, so I never had to deal with the old friends deal much.    My son has no problem just telling people he hated it so changed it.  It is surprising how fast most people male the switch.

if it turns out there is a heaven AND I make the cut (huge if) there are plenty of people up there I'd like to avoid and I'm hoping the name change keeps me under the radar until I find a place in some gated community where they can't just drop in.

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't understand the need to tell people that they are huge. Like they're waddling around, they're uncomfortable. you don't need to say that "You're huge." 

Exactly if you HAVE to say something say you look great, or you are glowing. 

Commenting on size is weird either way. I'll never forget the day a coworker took me and a girl due 3 months after me and put us next to each other and said she was huge and I was too small. Well duh, she had a 10.5 lb baby, when her daughter was born my son was 3.5 months and around the same size, of course she was bigger. 

I went and cried after that, nothing like a nurse pointing out your body is failing your unborn child, I'm sure my poor coworker was upset too, she looked great!

1 minute ago, hilee said:

Exactly if you HAVE to say something say you look great, or you are glowing. 

Commenting on size is weird either way. I'll never forget the day a coworker took me and a girl due 3 months after me and put us next to each other and said she was huge and I was too small. Well duh, she had a 10.5 lb baby, when her daughter was born my son was 3.5 months and around the same size, of course she was bigger. 

I went and cried after that, nothing like a nurse pointing out your body is failing your unborn child, I'm sure my poor coworker was upset too, she looked great!

As long as you both had healthy babies, it doesn't matter what you looked like. And people have to learn the "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" line. It's like when you are a bit tired or sick and people ask if you are; then you spend the day wondering if you truly look like a zombie. 

So, from what I can tell from social media postings & comments:

Bates universe people who attended Jinger's wedding:

Lawson aka Mr. Pouty

Ashkey Salyer, Nathan's ex 

Tim & Franicia White 

Bates universe people who did not attend the wedding:

Chad & Erin

Zach and Whit [and Whit's pants, which we are apparently no longer allowed to discuss, or we will be sent to re-education camp]

Smallest Bates boys

What/who did I miss?

I think the jury is still out about who attended.  We only got to see a fraction.  Heck, we still haven't seen pictures of half the Duggars and we know they were there.  Also, the one who looks like Ashley, didn't look like Ashley to me in another picture (please don't ask me to locate the picture cuz I don't remember where I saw it. :my_blush:

As for Whit and Alyssa in pants, I think the Bates standards in general have really loosened up about that over the last few years.  I think Alyssa would have worn them regardless.  I think she just wanted to.  Around Alyssa's wedding Kelly mentioned in a post that she just asks the kids to cover their shoulders, fast forward 2 years and the boys routinely wear sleeveless tops and the girls skirts are getting slightly shorter.  The modest bathing suits are looking a teensy less modest.  One thing that hasn't changed unfortunately are their toxic beliefs.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Zach and Whit [and Whit's pants, which we are apparently no longer allowed to discuss, or we will be sent to re-education camp]

Pants camp? The first rule of pants camp: we do not talk about pants. The second rule of pants camp: we do not talk about pants ... ☺

Are Whitney and Alyssa part of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants? :P Heathen books, they would never be allowed to read and a joke they would probably never get. 

And I thought I saw a little Bates boy in the first car picture, near Jordyn but don't quote me on that. Might not have been him at all. 

Wait, where is the Whit pants picture?

In the Kaci Lynn thread. There have been numerous ones posted within the past month, so you shouldn't have to scroll back too far.

14 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Are Whitney and Alyssa part of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants? :P Heathen books, they would never be allowed to read and a joke they would probably never get. 

And I thought I saw a little Bates boy in the first car picture, near Jordyn but don't quote me on that. Might not have been him at all. 

Yes. Either Warden or Isaiah is standing next to Jordyn in a picture with the crew.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3913468/Jinger-Duggar-talks-marrying-Jeremy-Vuolo-four-month-engagement.html

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Bates universe people who did not attend the wedding:

Chad & Erin

Erin has added a photo on Instagram of her and (what I believe is) her female Paine relatives at the church. I don't know how to add it here, sorry!

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

GAH!! Erin just had a baby and looks fabulous...

I think she's very pretty when she wears no make up. But when she tries to be elegant she chooses clothes and hairdos that age her a lot. 

She is dresses as a middle age woman. Maybe because the black cardigan.

I think Josie and Carlin should give her fashion advice. Erin could be far more beautiful with another clothing style.

Of course it's up to her, I'm just snarking.

She may dress "mature" but on her worst day she looks better than I do on my best day...but then again, i usually dress like a chubby redneck/hippie. 

I actually really like Erin's dress in this picture, and I'm not much older than her (same age as Michael here). And I can't snark on the cardigan because I live in them in the colder months :pb_lol:

Actually, I'd say that picture is proof that Erin was in fact at the wedding.

a.) The people in the picture are all dressed up.

b.) The background looks like the Cathedral of the Ozarks (where JinJer got married) to me.

c.) Tabitha Paine is pictured, who is the Duggars' live-in tutor. It would surprise me very much if she wasn't at the wedding.

2 hours ago, Casserole said:

I LOVE the mint dress on the end. Like I need it. But for spring, not a November wedding. 

Marjorie Jackson wore a very similar dress to the wedding, but in royal blue.

I stand corrected about Chad and Erin not being at the wedding. Based on her earlier Instagram postings about Brooklyn's birthday, I assumed they were at home in TN.  Perhaps she took them earlier than she posted them.  I think Erin's outfit would look better if the black cardigan were a little more tailored-perhaps rounded, like a bolero jacket.

Just now, HereticHick said:

Marjorie Jackson wore a very similar dress to the wedding, but in royal blue.

I stand corrected about Chad and Erin not being at the wedding. Based on her earlier Instagram postings about Brooklyn's birthday, I assumed they were at home in TN.  Perhaps she took them earlier than she posted them.  I think Erin's outfit would look better if the black cardigan were a little more tailored-perhaps rounded, like a bolero jacket.

I saw, but she also added that silly modesty panel and that turned me off to her dress. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived