IGNORED

Even More Bateses! (Part the 19th)

Destiny

On 01/12/2016 at 8:51 AM, VelociRapture said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere yet:

To the people of Australia - first JinJer, now this? I'm so, so sorry you're being subjected to this.

Also, David Waller should just change his username to Pecan Thief. Just saying.

Thank god I live a fair way from Lilydale - because if I ran into these (cannot say the word I really want to say here)...

They have one of these in Melbourne? Oh gosh this is terrible!!!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Lawson will definitely go. I don't know which other kid maybe Carlin or Josie. We will see...

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I think that Lawson will definitely go. I don't know which other kid maybe Carlin or Josie. We will see...

Lawson is too busy with his (kinda) free life. I'm sure he's not willing to spend a week with mom, dad and David Waller. Plus is he involved with ATI? he doesn't seem to be.

Who's going to be in charge of the littles with ma & pa away?  Michael is in Chicago.  Zach has a job (and a newborn & toddler).  Alyssa is in Florida.

Erin has a puppy and a newborn plus toddler, and I'm pretty sure she's returned home before to look after them for her parent's trips.

Lawson & Nathan - are not going to be adequate childcare for the littles.  Are Tori/Carlin old enough to be in charge with Erin & Zach vaguely around for support?  That's if one of them doesn't go with ma & pa.

3 minutes ago, imokit said:

Who's going to be in charge of the littles with ma & pa away?  Michael is in Chicago.  Zach has a job (and a newborn & toddler).  Alyssa is in Florida.

Erin has a puppy and a newborn plus toddler, and I'm pretty sure she's returned home before to look after them for her parent's trips.

Lawson & Nathan - are not going to be adequate childcare for the littles.  Are Tori/Carlin old enough to be in charge with Erin & Zach vaguely around for support?  That's if one of them doesn't go with ma & pa.

Yes. Tori and Carlin, along with Josie have been in charge of the younger kids for a few days when the parents were away. A few of the kids slept over at Zach's too. Zach and Erin are used to having many kids around.

18 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Lawson is too busy with his (kinda) free life. I'm sure he's not willing to spend a week with mom, dad and David Waller. Plus is he involved with ATI? he doesn't seem to be.

Nah not so much the ATI but more wanting to get elsewhere and share his music. Maybe he will just stay home and travel 

45 minutes ago, imokit said:

It says "and family". I'm assuming they will take the little ones, leaving tori and carlin to stay at Erin's for school. Most likely if it's all expense pay and ATI, possibly Michael and Brandon would be going as well. 

13 hours ago, imokit said:

I think they'll bring some of the younger ones, with older ones to provide childcare, and present it to potential cultists as a model of how godly families operate.  Remaining younger ones could be sent to visit Michael - she loves her siblings and it's not like missing school is an issue.

Meanwhile, Pecan and Gil can compete for who can spread the most patriarchal bullshit the fastest and make it stick.  I'm sure that Kelly is more than up to fielding questions from the ladies.  Priscilla can be her encouraging, cheerful self while caring for two small children and a newborn.  Yaaaaahhh...such a blessing.

22 hours ago, imokit said:

Are Tori/Carlin old enough to be in charge with Erin & Zach vaguely around for support?  That's if one of them doesn't go with ma & pa.

Most of them are probably going to Gil and Kelly, but Tori was handed a newborn when she was 14 and expected to care for it. Katie was given children to care for when she was 10, I'm sure being in charge is nothing new to them. Gil and Kelly stopped parenting years ago. 

Is Australia/New Zealand the new fundy paradise? Since Jinger and Jeremy went for their honeymoon I wonder if it was to be a sign for fundies that they are the new promise land. Now I wonder if they were to any fundy events while there that weren't filmed.

Didn't David and Pricilla go to Australia while she was pregnant? 

6 hours ago, socalrules said:

They sure did.  IIRC, she was about seven months along with Paul, it was blistering hot, and David seemed oblivious.  It was also just a few months following their encounter with the police at the pecan grove.  She had to have been wondering what she did to deserve it...though I'm sure she didn't complain once.

Can someone either tell the story or direct me to the right place to find out why David Waller is called Pecan Thief? Been so curious for a while now.

39 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Can someone either tell the story or direct me to the right place to find out why David Waller is called Pecan Thief? Been so curious for a while now.

He once trespassed on a pecan grove to "glean" some fallen pecans. He said gleaning, the owner went with stealing. He "gleaned" a huge bag of pecans. 

http://davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/12/04/the-pecan-story/

thank you @formergothardite for posting and sharing. that was a lot different then what I thought it would be. I liked how he put things in quotes, like "the officer gave us a 'stern talking to' " , indicating that in his opinion the police were on his side. what a piece of work.

I'm in the States for the first time, and, confession time, I might have gone to Sonic, and had an iced tea :hide: 

Wonder why... #yesimpressionableyes 

(Now, if I could just find a Tauros, my day would be complete.)

On 05/12/2016 at 3:29 AM, socalrules said:

Is Australia/New Zealand the new fundy paradise?

Please God no. The fundies wouldn't like the dental floss bikini bottoms they might see, so maybe that's enough to drive them away??

There must be an IBLP following, or at least a strong potential following, in Australia else why would the Wallers AND Bateses be invading visiting?

Also, I can't help but wonder whether JB and Michelle were invited to speak.  I'm sure that many in the audience would enjoy hearing about their masterful handling of the Joshley dilemmas.  Don't two-thirds of families encounter the same problem?

Well on the IBLP Australia site (iblp.org.au/) it says that 2016 was the 15th Family Conference, so they've been holding them for some time, and there's also a separate ATI/Student conference right after the Family one (which will make that the 16th family conference)?

Also, it looks like some form of the Waller family will joining David per the conference info, but it doesn't say anything specifically about any other Bateseseseses:

• 2017 Annual Family Conference
  • January 15, 2017 - January 18, 2017
  • God’s Word abounds with teaching on light. In the beginning, God said, “Let there be light.” Jesus said “I must work the works of Him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work” (John 9:4). As Christ’s followers, we are described as “the light of the world” (Matthew 5:14). Come together with like-minded families at the 2017 Annual  Conference to explore the importance of “Walking in the Light”.
  • Special guests Gil & Kelly Bates and David Waller & family will share with us about what it means to make God’s Word a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path.
  • Make sure to pencil the dates into your calendar and get ready for an exciting time of fellowship and encouragement as we all seek to walk in the light together!

And does any group walk LESS in the light than the shady types associated with IBLP/ATI?  If someone actually did turn on a light they'd all scatter like cockroaches...especially since they all want to take us back to the dark ages.

On 05/12/2016 at 3:29 AM, socalrules said:

Is Australia/New Zealand the new fundy paradise? Since Jinger and Jeremy went for their honeymoon I wonder if it was to be a sign for fundies that they are the new promise land. Now I wonder if they were to any fundy events while there that weren't filmed.

As someone who recently returned to live in Aus after sometime away, I hope not! I do wonder what fundies must think of our laid back attitude, proneness to not wearing much in summers (and Gil&Kelly will be here during the middle of summer), and our.... creative swearing,

20 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

thank you @formergothardite for posting and sharing. that was a lot different then what I thought it would be. I liked how he put things in quotes, like "the officer gave us a 'stern talking to' " , indicating that in his opinion the police were on his side. what a piece of work.

If I remember correctly that version is actually the second version he shared. The first one got heavily criticized because he was so clear he thinks taking things that don't belong to you is okay as long as you call it "gleaning". David really thinks he did no wrong. 

2 hours ago, brogue said:

As someone who recently returned to live in Aus after sometime away, I hope not! I do wonder what fundies must think of our laid back attitude, proneness to not wearing much in summers (and Gil&Kelly will be here during the middle of summer), and our.... creative swearing,

From what I remember of the conferences, people aren't really going out into the normal world. It was a very insular event so families can avoid all those "ungodly" un-IBLP folks. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

If I remember correctly that version is actually the second version he shared. The first one got heavily criticized because he was so clear he thinks taking things that don't belong to you is okay as long as you call it "gleaning". David really thinks he did no wrong. 

From what I remember of the conferences, people aren't really going out into the normal world. It was a very insular event so families can avoid all those "ungodly" un-IBLP folks. 

The Pecan Thief actually revised it several times.  He took out some fairly racist language and opinions, some over the top imaginary dialogue, and some disdainful remarks about flip phones. Then he claimed that the traumatic encounter with the cops was obviously God-given to help them minister better on their upcoming prison visit.  They could identify better with the felons, apparently.  I bet the inmates laughed their heads off at Pecan.

On the international efforts of IBLP - someone said recently that they were folding the international HQs.  I can't find much evidence of that.  On the contrary, they seem to be trying to consolidate, if not expand, internationally in some areas of the world after the scandals.  Perhaps they hope that those people aren't following the lawsuit?  I think the Bates/Waller visits to Australia are to encourage and consolidate the Australian base.

There are definitely some Fundies in Australia and the Antipodes.  @CyborgKin attended a fairly big creationist conference there last year and wrote about it in depth.  It was very interesting.

The IBLP Mongolian mission seems to be going strong, at least.  They are expanding the TESOL Taiwan year long "mission" into eight countries and they just had their first Family Conference in Mexico. 

On 12/5/2016 at 3:23 PM, Thorns said:

I'm in the States for the first time, and, confession time, I might have gone to Sonic, and had an iced tea :hide: 

Do you mean Chik-Fil-A by any chance?  That's the one that a lot of us have trouble with.  As far as I know, Sonic is OK.

On 12/5/2016 at 3:23 PM, Thorns said:

What on earth is wrong with Sonic? I don't believe they flirt with fundy policies (unlike ChikFilA or Hobby Lobby).

And besides, you can find wives there!

10 hours ago, formergothardite said:

That might be why it's in Lilydale. While it is only approximately 25 miles (31.4km) from the CBD, Lilydale is a peaceful suburb in the hills. Land is big and there are many trees. Cute little shops are around. Some parts are like being in the country even though you are still in the Melbourne grid.

It's also nowhere near any beaches, so no bikinis there!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived