IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 2

Coconut Flan

On September 8, 2016 at 8:51 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Did they ever say *why* they did that? It seems so unclean, sleeping in the clothes they've probably played outside in all day. Not to mention uncomfortable. 

I think cause if they were already sleepy she didn't want to mess with changing their clothes and having to get them calmed down again.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Arix said:

We've heard Anna talk about Michelle's parenting advice including that you can put kids to bed in their clothes.

When my son was young (preschool to early grade school age), I did put him to bed in the shirt he would wear the next day.  That was because morning time was always a bit of a scramble, getting myself and him ready to go.  It was a bit quicker to just have him change from his PJ pants into daytime pants, and be ready to head out the door.  But for the Duggars, who homeschool and never are on time -- I fail to see the point of having your kids wear day clothes to bed all the time.

1 minute ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

I think cause if they were already sleepy she didn't want to mess with changing their clothes and having to get them calmed down again.

You mean after 3 or 4 kids, she still hadn't figured out how to do a proper bedtime routine?  :dontgetit:

1 minute ago, EmmieJ said:

When my son was young (preschool to early grade school age), I did put him to bed in the shirt he would wear the next day.  That was because morning time was always a bit of a scramble, getting myself and him ready to go.  It was a bit quicker to just have him change from his PJ pants into daytime pants, and be ready to head out the door.  But for the Duggars, who homeschool and never are on time -- I fail to see the point of having your kids wear day clothes to bed all the time.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Duggars think pajamas are "immodest" and that sleeping in daytime clothes is some kind of "safeguard" against future molestations. However, it could also be that they do this because they're on TV and it's easier to be dressed all the time so they can be filmed whenever.

17 minutes ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

It's like they have no concept of night time routines and telling their kids to get their PJ's on early. 

Oh right, that's not modest. 

14 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Duggars think pajamas are "immodest" and that sleeping in daytime clothes is some kind of "safeguard" against future molestations. However, it could also be that they do this because they're on TV and it's easier to be dressed all the time so they can be filmed whenever.

We've seen photos of the younger girls in pajamas.   Not the boys though.  I think the boys wear jeans.  Access restriction?

In some of the early specials of the old house, there are a couple of shots of the howlers running around in footed pyjamas.

I watched the second episode of season two last night.  I have a few concerns for Jinger.  I really do hope that she and Jeremy do not end up like Jessa and Ben.  I think there may be quite a bit of chemistry there now.  At the same time, she reminds me a lot of a teenage girl who has a crush.  I am hoping that it's not just an infatuation.  Also, Jinger is starting to show signs of 'crazy eyes' and baby voice.  This is somewhat tragic.  The side effects of courting...

In the episode "moving in" to the TTH, there was a stupid staged scene where Michelle was  reading a bedtime story to the girls--all tucked in. One was wearing a "granny cap".  It was clearly daylight outside and also clear that the girls were wearing regular clothes under the covers.  Very staged, but it also seemed clear to me that in staging this scene it was not something that was a regular occurrence.  

To clarify, I'm talking about the staging being Michelle reading to them, not the regular clothes being worn to bed--that we've seen other times--especially before trips.  I get the sleep in your underwear and shirt and pull on your jeans.  I can't believe sleeping in jeans is very comfortable.

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I loved Once Upon a Child, and Ebay.  I got my daughter all kinds of cute stuff when she was little. It wasn't as easy to get stuff for my son, it was a rare treat to find clothes for him that were his size and my style and his.  He had a weird thing with collars, stripes and decals or designs on the shirt could be felt on the inside, he wouldn't wear them, or long sleeves. In fact he's almost 19 and still grumbles about collars and long sleeves, if he can't wear jeans and a t-shirt he grumbles endlessly.  

:embarrassed: I'm 59 and I am grumbler too...If I could I would wear nothing but tank tops and jeans, 'cause even t-shirt collars and sleeves bug me! :pb_lol:

12 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

:embarrassed: I'm 59 and I am grumbler too...If I could I would wear nothing but tank tops and jeans, 'cause even t-shirt collars and sleeves bug me! :pb_lol:

my 17-year-old nephew is the same; he'd live in sweats and t-shirts if he could.  from about age 2, he hated "button shirts."  the only thing his mom could come up with was maybe she took one off him and the buttons somehow rubbed/scratched/caught his face and it bothered him.  for a couple of years, he'd throw a fit if she tried to put one on him, so she mostly gave up on polo's, henleys, or any other pull-over shirt with buttons.  by middle school, he was more willing to wear them, but still prefers not to.  he also prefers sweats to jeans.

20 hours ago, gustava said:

I sure hope he does!

JD has a pilot's license.  The math is challenging.  Assuming from your comment that you don't think much of day laborers, I'd say JD is a cut above.  He ain't dumb.

http://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/sporty-s-new-electronic-e6b-flight-computer.html

What gets me is, they haven't mentioned owning the plane on the show.  At least as far as I know.  They've talked about flying in the plane, but not that they own the damn thing.  I'm also sure that Duggar aviation was set up purely so the can write the costs of the plane off their taxes as business expenses.

1 hour ago, Mothership said:

In the episode "moving in" to the TTH, there was a stupid staged scene where Michelle was  reading a bedtime story to the girls--all tucked in. One was wearing a "granny cap".  It was clearly daylight outside and also clear that the girls were wearing regular clothes under the covers.  Very staged, but it also seemed clear to me that in staging this scene it was not something that was a regular occurrence.  

There have been lots of times you see them running around at all hours of the night and then just sleeping in their clothes wherever they happen to drop

That camping trip absolutely made me want to scream. The girls in skirts & flip-flops. Their long hair all down. Hot. I was surprised how fast the awkward boots came out for the hiking trip. They are all so spoiled & privileged they couldn't even relate to eating off of nature. Wouldn't drink the filtered water. Jinger drove me nuts w/that phone. Jeremy must've gotten pretty sick of her constant interruptions, too. TLC must've set this up b/c clearly none of them wanted to be there.

Jill gives me the impression she is so over the whole missionary thing. Talk about spoiled & privileged. I really don't think she's going back.

I found the ratings elsewhere:  911K viewers and a .26 rating.

1 minute ago, Coconut Flan said:

I found the ratings elsewhere:  911K viewers and a .26 rating.

I think this is the first time below 1 million, right?

They had some episodes before Jill courting that were below a million. 

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think this is the first time below 1 million, right?

Maybe people are finally getting bored? I hope? 

They'll probably get a boost from a Jinger wedding episode, either way. 

1 minute ago, December said:

Maybe people are finally getting bored? I hope? 

They'll probably get a boost from a Jinger wedding episode, either way. 

Yes, but even TLC cant justify keeping a show on with no audience and no ad revenue

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Yes, but even TLC cant justify keeping a show on with no audience and no ad revenue

I'm sure that they looked at this one and thought about the labor day weekend messing up people's schedules. or used that as an excuse.

Just now, karen77 said:

I'm sure that they looked at this one and thought about the labor day weekend messing up people's schedules. or used that as an excuse.

"Labor" day has always been a Duggar holiday for TLC!

1 hour ago, ksgranola1 said:

That camping trip absolutely made me want to scream. The girls in skirts & flip-flops. Their long hair all down. Hot. I was surprised how fast the awkward boots came out for the hiking trip. They are all so spoiled & privileged they couldn't even relate to eating off of nature. Wouldn't drink the filtered water. Jinger drove me nuts w/that phone. Jeremy must've gotten pretty sick of her constant interruptions, too. TLC must've set this up b/c clearly none of them wanted to be there.

Jill gives me the impression she is so over the whole missionary thing. Talk about spoiled & privileged. I really don't think she's going back.

The fact that they had their hair down really freaks me out. I have short hair and I would never go in the woods with my hair down. I work in a store and my hair is almost always up. I can't risk catching something people have when they come in here. Heebee jeebees!!! 

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

"Labor" day has always been a Duggar holiday for TLC!

I haven't looked at the ratings closely. But I wonder if there will be diminishing returns for each additional baby beyond each Duggar kid's first child. If I remember right, the old show made a big deal about the first M kid but less about the following ones (someone correct me if I'm wrong, obviously!). After the novelty of a Duggar couple's first kid, new ones are just gonna be routine as their dental appointments (zzz), until they hit a really huge number of kids -- at least double digits. Unless one wins the baby lottery and has multiples.

43 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think I saw a couple of new advertisers on this weeks show. Was Publishers Clearing House always a sponsor? The new El Rey Channel was new too I believe. I also think Mass Mutual, Trintellix were new this week.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived