Jump to content
IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 2


Coconut Flan

Recommended Posts

allthegoodnamesrgone
14 hours ago, calimojo said:

I don't want to judge Jinger's personality or lack thereof based on these lame videos.  They are all so stiff and unnatural in those ridiculous videos.  And she has JB and M as her role model and these are the people who say the same three things about each of their children.  I just wish they would stop with the stupid videos.  It isn't like she didn't call and talk to him personally on his birthday.  They shared their own birthday greeting.  But it is so  dumb to post a video as if they are actually talking to that person.    Every time I see one of these painful videos, I just imagine how much the kids much hate doing these. 

 

But to your point @nst, Why don't they try to do something more personal?   Even just one or two small unique comments would make the messages more personal. 

 

What I like about how Jinger is handling things so far: 

  • She kept the relationship under wraps for quite some time.  Good for her.
  • She hasn't started posting on social media.  Maybe that means she isn't going to start doing that or she is only going to share with intimate friends and family
  • She seems fairly relaxed in terms of physical contact with him.  I don't much like the guy, from what I have seen, but I do think that physically, they are much more affectionate than the others have been.  They haven't done that weird hand holding that Josh and Anna did.  And she isn't all stiff and rigid like Jessa was.  I don't remember about Jill much. 
  • She seems to be sticking to her desire to have a smaller (by comparison) wedding.  This isn't known for sure yet since the details aren't really being shared, but she hasn't  yet been pimping out every detail along the way to People magazine. 

What I dislike:

  • That incessant staring at her man every time he opens his mouth. 
  • The fake 'infatuation" stuff.  Some is probably real, but I think it is being exaggerated for the show and I hate that she feels she has to do that
  • Her making a point of saying "I love kids.  I want a whole houseful of kids".  Again,  not sure what choice she has but to say that at this point, but it would just be so incredibly refreshing if one of those kids would say "I don't know how many kids we will want, but we definitely want to take a few years to really get to know each other before we start"  Or "I probably only want a few kids".   I think Josh actually said something about having a 'few' kids one time, but he must have been corrected because he went back to the family line soon after that. 
  • The silly, immature infatuation stuff.  There is a way they could show her being totally in love without making her seem like a 12 year old
  • That whole idea that because she is in love she can't simultaneously do anything else.  People in the real world fall in love, Plan weddings, work through grief, Deal with Disappointment, continue their education, etc all while also working full or part time, working around the house, etc. 

 

Jing, seems to be much less desiring of the public, or any, spotlight. She may not want camera's there and 1000+ people watching them, she may want as small a wedding as her asininely huge family will allow.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they married privately and we only get photos or small spinets of the wedding well after the fact.  She may not want 11 bridesmaids like Jessa or even 6 like Jill I could see her having just Jessa stand up with her.  Of course all this is subject to Kim Jung Boob.  UNLESS Jeremy isn't a mealy mouthed teenager or confused Jesus hippy who will do anything to gain the girl of his desires.  Jeremy strikes me as the type of man who will tell Boob to shove it, I'm marrying your daughter and you can either accept it or we can walk and blow your whole family up. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • allthegoodnamesrgone

    26

  • Bad Wolf

    25

  • nst

    23

  • Buzzard

    15

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn folks, I really think you're overthinking this all. I'm sure she's google maps'd the distance between her and her beloved enough times to know where Texas is. This is a gift for HIM right? I woul

The whole thing is just so fucked up.  People who are really into the whole survival thing would LOVE to have three days with professionals learning skills like that.  Instead, the Duggars drive a "bo

they invited 300 people to this grad party...yeah that many people care about the graduates of duggar accadamy....worst diploma mill ever.  and why is joy asking jana to help orchestrate this?  why is

Posted Images

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Jing, seems to be much less desiring of the public, or any, spotlight. She may not want camera's there and 1000+ people watching them, she may want as small a wedding as her asininely huge family will allow.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they married privately and we only get photos or small spinets of the wedding well after the fact.  She may not want 11 bridesmaids like Jessa or even 6 like Jill I could see her having just Jessa stand up with her.  Of course all this is subject to Kim Jung Boob.  UNLESS Jeremy isn't a mealy mouthed teenager or confused Jesus hippy who will do anything to gain the girl of his desires.  Jeremy strikes me as the type of man who will tell Boob to shove it, I'm marrying your daughter and you can either accept it or we can walk and blow your whole family up. 

counting on is based on them having the big shindig - they need it more than we do.

Maybe 300 people will come - but for them not to announce it and just do it - something is up

but everyone's social media is dead quiet - so again

 

Edited by nst
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
LadyCrow1313
2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Jing, seems to be much less desiring of the public, or any, spotlight. She may not want camera's there and 1000+ people watching them, she may want as small a wedding as her asininely huge family will allow.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they married privately and we only get photos or small spinets of the wedding well after the fact.  She may not want 11 bridesmaids like Jessa or even 6 like Jill I could see her having just Jessa stand up with her.  Of course all this is subject to Kim Jung Boob.  UNLESS Jeremy isn't a mealy mouthed teenager or confused Jesus hippy who will do anything to gain the girl of his desires.  Jeremy strikes me as the type of man who will tell Boob to shove it, I'm marrying your daughter and you can either accept it or we can walk and blow your whole family up. 

Just received some sobering family news, so seeing this made me smile. Thanks, @allthegoodnamesrgone.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
justmy2cents
2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Jing, seems to be much less desiring of the public, or any, spotlight. She may not want camera's there and 1000+ people watching them, she may want as small a wedding as her asininely huge family will allow.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they married privately and we only get photos or small spinets of the wedding well after the fact.  She may not want 11 bridesmaids like Jessa or even 6 like Jill I could see her having just Jessa stand up with her.  Of course all this is subject to Kim Jung Boob.  UNLESS Jeremy isn't a mealy mouthed teenager or confused Jesus hippy who will do anything to gain the girl of his desires.  Jeremy strikes me as the type of man who will tell Boob to shove it, I'm marrying your daughter and you can either accept it or we can walk and blow your whole family up. 

Not the Jeremy that asked for permission to court Jim Bob's daughter.  That Jeremy isn't telling anyone to shove it.

I do sincerely hope she has a much smaller wedding and that the day is planned the way she wants it to go.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
IReallyAmHopewell

If he is really a pastor, then that may be part of why there is less on social media or in People. That would never, ever help his career.  How refreshing if they had just done this:  "Hi it's season two...while we were away, Finger Married Pastor JV and they're all in love down in Texas--oh yeah, he played pro soccer and somehow is friends with Bin. Meanwhile, Josh got out of prison rehab and because Anna has no marketable skills she's forgiving him. Jim Bob and M are NOT divorcing and still hope for child #20. No one will be adopting but they'll all talk about it. Down South in the bad country Jessa is becoming agoraphobic but no one really cares cause she's married and has a child and that's all she's made to do. JD and Joe are still waiting for a Baywatch Babe to spell theology correctly so they can get married--oh, and she must pass the breeding  possibility exam at the doctor of JimBob's choice. Jana is LOVING being at home and hopes no one will notice her. No one really remembers all those other kids so we won't update you except to say "Siah isn't engaged so quit asking."

  • Upvote 26
Link to post
Share on other sites
doubleT

I'm so glad its Tuesday.  I've been on pins and needles since last Tuesday.  Can't wait for tonight's episode.  Was there or wasn't there a bear?  Did the bear find Joy on the hammock and drag her away?  Which Duggar men went after the bear?  The wait is so hard. 

<This post brought to you by snark.>

  • Upvote 48
Link to post
Share on other sites
allthegoodnamesrgone
15 minutes ago, doubleT said:

I'm so glad its Tuesday.  I've been on pins and needles since last Tuesday.  Can't wait for tonight's episode.  Was there or wasn't there a bear?  Did the bear find Joy on the hammock and drag her away?  Which Duggar men went after the bear?  The wait is so hard. 

<This post brought to you by snark.>

Oh yeah me to.  I'm so terrified I couldn't even enjoy my vacation, I was looking for bears all over the PNW. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad Wolf

Last time we went camping there was a bear in the campground. The ranger chased if off with a  bullhorn. Most of us slept through it. Did the Duggars put their food in a bear box? Of course not. Got to get some drama into the show somehow. :face_bear:

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzzard
28 minutes ago, doubleT said:

I'm so glad its Tuesday.  I've been on pins and needles since last Tuesday.  Can't wait for tonight's episode.  Was there or wasn't there a bear?  Did the bear find Joy on the hammock and drag her away?  Which Duggar men went after the bear?  The wait is so hard. 

<This post brought to you by snark.>

I cant wait to find our what they ate for breakfast!  Were there more fancy potatoes?

  • Upvote 15
Link to post
Share on other sites
doubleT
41 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I cant wait to find our what they ate for breakfast!  Were there more fancy potatoes?

Potatoes!!   I hadn't even thought of that.  Oh my.   Maybe Jana brought her green frying pan and she will cook eggs for everyone!!!  Will she cook over an open fire or in the RV?  So many options to think about.  If Jana did bring her green frying pan then she snuck it on the RV while the camera man wasn't filming.  Sneaky young lady!  We all know Jing will be drinking coffee because she carried her Keurig on while filming. 

Is this also the poolcation episode to celebrate the 2 year anniversary for J&D?   Thank goodness they get to go to a pool and not that salty ol' beach again.  Can't wait to see how see answers the "Are you expecting" question!!! 

I'm so glad there are others who have been counting down the days until today and so many of you have seen bears lately.  Maybe that is a sign!!! 

Edited by doubleT
  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
ClaraOswin

I am finally watching the 2nd half of last week's episode. It bugs me that Derick keeps saying "America" this and that instead of saying The United States or something. Dude, you're in Central AMERICA. Be a bit more specific or something. At least Jill says, "the states."

Derick seems so jazzed about being in the "mission field." Jill...not so much.

Is she just sitting at the table scrapbooking or what? So weird.

So...these dorks are at survival school...with their fully stocked RV. Seems pretty pointless, I'd say.

Why are those marshmallows so flat?

This camera work is making me sick.

I see no bear.

  • Upvote 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
OyToTheVey
On 9/5/2016 at 9:20 AM, Four is Enough said:

I always thought that Michelle was, in the introduction, reading the names off a list, rather than naming all of her children in order.

TBH this always surprised me. I used to teach a class of 32 kids and I knew all their names in addition to all the other kids I  taught.When you're around them every single day, names just tend to stick. She's the one that named them! Plus lets be honest if you scream Jo Anna like 3 different girls can mistake it for their name and you don't really have to enunciate. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
CreationMuseumSeasonPass

If a bear shits in woods, and no Duggar is around to film, is it still a plot point for the show? IS IT TLC?????

  • Upvote 23
Link to post
Share on other sites
just...sare

We have a serious bear problem in town in Northern Ontario right now. We saw one last night while we were walking just a few streets over from ours. It was a baby and we hightailed it out of there before its mama came along to join it. It's so scary when, during broad daylight, there can just be a real actual bear in a driveway off a busy street. (I did not get a photo because i couldn't get my phone out of my bra quickly enough before the bear wandered behind a parked car). I couldn't believe in last week's show how they just left all the food out. They deserved a bear attack for that.

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
sunshine
20 hours ago, calimojo said:

I don't want to judge Jinger's personality or lack thereof based on these lame videos.  They are all so stiff and unnatural in those ridiculous videos.  And she has JB and M as her role model and these are the people who say the same three things about each of their children.  I just wish they would stop with the stupid videos.  It isn't like she didn't call and talk to him personally on his birthday.  They shared their own birthday greeting.  But it is so  dumb to post a video as if they are actually talking to that person.    Every time I see one of these painful videos, I just imagine how much the kids much hate doing these. 

 

But to your point @nst, Why don't they try to do something more personal?   Even just one or two small unique comments would make the messages more personal. 

 

What I like about how Jinger is handling things so far: 

  • She kept the relationship under wraps for quite some time.  Good for her.
  • She hasn't started posting on social media.  Maybe that means she isn't going to start doing that or she is only going to share with intimate friends and family
  • She seems fairly relaxed in terms of physical contact with him.  I don't much like the guy, from what I have seen, but I do think that physically, they are much more affectionate than the others have been.  They haven't done that weird hand holding that Josh and Anna did.  And she isn't all stiff and rigid like Jessa was.  I don't remember about Jill much. 
  • She seems to be sticking to her desire to have a smaller (by comparison) wedding.  This isn't known for sure yet since the details aren't really being shared, but she hasn't  yet been pimping out every detail along the way to People magazine. 

What I dislike:

  • That incessant staring at her man every time he opens his mouth. 
  • The fake 'infatuation" stuff.  Some is probably real, but I think it is being exaggerated for the show and I hate that she feels she has to do that
  • Her making a point of saying "I love kids.  I want a whole houseful of kids".  Again,  not sure what choice she has but to say that at this point, but it would just be so incredibly refreshing if one of those kids would say "I don't know how many kids we will want, but we definitely want to take a few years to really get to know each other before we start"  Or "I probably only want a few kids".   I think Josh actually said something about having a 'few' kids one time, but he must have been corrected because he went back to the family line soon after that. 
  • The silly, immature infatuation stuff.  There is a way they could show her being totally in love without making her seem like a 12 year old
  • That whole idea that because she is in love she can't simultaneously do anything else.  People in the real world fall in love, Plan weddings, work through grief, Deal with Disappointment, continue their education, etc all while also working full or part time, working around the house, etc. 

 

Oh, I took it that she will be having lost of sex because look at Jeremy. To be Duggar correct, it is appropriate to say she wants to have "lost of kids."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzzard

Oh FFS - they have last week's episode on now called "countdown to counting on."   They've also managed to make it a half hour.  So this means it counts as first run, right TLC?

I'm calling it now - they've made SUCH a big deal about Jinger not liking the great outdoors.  There will be a double date/triple date with Benessa/Derjill and Jinermy where they go camping.  The girls will split up and have "girl talk" all night and we'll be treated to manly contest and feats of strength by the boys.

  • Upvote 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
picklepizzas

just watched the end of the episode from last week and had to laugh at the "cliffhanger" at the end. is that the first time tlc has tried to do a cliffhanger for this show? my, aren't they getting fancy!

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Yaoichan12

Thoughts Part One:

WHERE IS THE BEAR?!

Learn how to survive? How? You have campers and a lot of modern tech with you. You are not roughing it.

I like how Jason went to protect his sister but you with a knife against a bear…would not have ended well.

How can you really rough it in skirts? And cowboy boots. No, Joy, you’re not prepared.

If you wear pants to work out, can’t you wear them to hike/camp?

I hope those survival guys got paid a lot for having to deal with them.

Central America!

You’re on a getaway already, Derrick. You don’t take a getaway while on a getaway. And why do people keep ‘gifting’ them stuff?

I don’t understand the calling Israel ‘choo choo"

Edited by Yaoichan12
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzzard

Counting on - "Duggars in the Wild" - Part 1

I didnt notice "growling" at the end of the episode last week.  I wonder if they added that in for the recap.  Nice touch!

We begin at the survival camp - AKA RV camp.

JD tells us that theyre there to learn how to survive.

We're treated tothe "bear footage."  Jed looks to make sure nothing is trying to kill them.  They say they see a brown bear, but the rocket scientists continue to wander about with the camera.

Jinger tells us that Jason went after Joy with a knife to get her to come back inside.  

Jason says he was like "daniel boone" and if the bear wanted to do something he had to go through him.

There is no footage of said bear... pics or it didnt happen (it didnt happen)... 

The next day the staff wakes them up.  They say its the first time in camp history that anyone has shown up with an RV.

Today they're going to the river to do real wilderness training.  Jinger walks around with her phone talking to Jeremy.  

The staff says that the girls are not appropriately dressed for the conditions - bugs and poison ivy.

Jinger - maybe we're not prepared for this

JOy- I was wearing a skirt and boots that werent for the woods.

J'kid - the girls are kinda used to skirts and flip flops

Joy - its a personal conviction that we wear skirts.  Its more modest.

Jana - I dont know what they were thinking abou tus.  We just do things different. Its how we live our lives.

 

They reach the river and the staff points out there is trash.  They are taught how to make a charcoal filter out of trash.  First they have to find it.  Jana thinks thats distasteful, but "you gotta do what you gotta do."

Josiah doesnt want to drink river water...

Jinger takes selfies and complains there is no service but she'll take pictures and videos to send later.  She never wants to miss his call or text.

Josiah - I dont know how jinger is going to last without cell service.

Joy thinks its good to not have service.

JInger hopes they get back soon.

 

They get charcoal out of the fire and filter the wter.  They are surprised that it tastes like "normal water."

JInger and Jana wont drink it.

Jer and Jed wuss out too.

Jinger - you'd be surprised that most of us do not like sharing things with other people.  We have germ things

Josiah - I'm not a germaphobe, but my water is my water.

 

SINTRAL AMERICA

Jill and Derick take izzy on a honeymoon.  They pull up at a hotel and check in (in spanish). Jill says Izzy comes because they dont have child care.  Izzy has a nice pack n play... Derick tells us that the hotel was gifted to them.

Jill shows izzy carpet.  She says its nice to have amenities they dont have at hime.

Derick - air conditioning and wifi are huge luxuries. He cant remember the last time he took a hot shower.

Jill - we dont have a bathtub.  He takes baths in the sink.

JIll - it doesnt seem like 2 years, it seems shorter, but with everything thats happened in the last 2 years I'm like "how did that happen?

OH YEAH, FLASHBACKS!

Their vows... awww...

Derick - for any guy getting married,the biggest memories are what comes after the wedding

JIll - my favorite was driving away

Derick - within weeks we found out we were expecting.

Flashbacks of Izzy's birth

Moving to CA

Jill sits on the bed and ZOMG I see her knees!

Derick - I want jill to know how much I love her

JIll - same to him!

  • Upvote 20
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my goodness... Derick likes the hotel because there is a WALL! Such a dangerous country needs a WALL. I think my nephew could scale that sucker in 5 minutes flat but that's besides the point. Do you think they are voting for Trump?

  • Upvote 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Since she knows she is pregnant in that scene - I hope she knows she has to get the clothes back. 

otherwise it defeats the purpose

this show is so boring 

It's the tacos for life FRIENDS 

Edited by nst
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
allthegoodnamesrgone
5 minutes ago, jegfile said:

Oh my goodness... Derick likes the hotel because there is a WALL! Such a dangerous country needs a WALL. I think my nephew could scale that sucker in 5 minutes flat but that's besides the point. Do you think they are voting for Trump?

Is that a trick question? 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad Wolf

Non fundie here, but how are skirts more modest than pants? Pants cover more, and with skirts, you could have an unintended Marilyn Monroe over the heater grate moment.

  • Upvote 18
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Is that a trick question? 

My sarcasm font is broken! Why is the world so scary to these people?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Recent Status Updates

    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      What does this look like to you guys?
      It's a close up of a small part of the pattern in an oriental style rug.  I immediately saw a specific thing, @Destiny saw something completely different, and my daughter can't see that it looks like anything specific.
      Play with me, I'm super curious...what does this look like to you?
      oooh thank you @WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? for the spoiler!  Everyone put your guesses under spoilers and don't peek until you answer!
       

      · 16 replies
    • Mela99

      Mela99

      I’m back ... and hopefully to stay active again. Life in the land of Mela has been hard af.:: 
      · 3 replies
    • mango_fandango

      mango_fandango

      I may or may not have a slight obsession with LM Montgomery 
      Yes, they’re all in the same edition, Virago Modern Classics. I even have a couple of the other books she’s written on my “want to buy” list...

      · 9 replies
    • Destiny

      Destiny

      Well, that “announcement” was so shocking that I’m going to go do dishes now. 
      Zzzzzzzz
      · 6 replies
    • LittleOwl

      LittleOwl

      Happy Thinking Day / Founder's Day to any FJ Guides and Scouts 
      · 4 replies
    • mollysmom

      mollysmom  »  ofMatthew

      I came to your page because I realized I hadn't seen you in awhile and I wanted to make sure you're ok but apparently you are here and posting! So I guess I'll just say hi! ♥️ 
      · 2 replies
    • nst

      nst

      You all know I work for a church. Well on Saturday 1pm cdn time a lady with stage 4+ lung cancer is going to end her life through maid. So I am kinda feeling dumpy. If you all could just pray for her in whatever way I would appreciate that.
      · 8 replies
    • Kailash

      Kailash

      Good morning! It’s still cold here in Kansas but it’s supposed to get above freezing today. What are you doing today? I’ll put my list in the comments. Add yours if you like. 
      · 12 replies
    • mollysmom

      mollysmom

      So far 2021 hasn't been great. Dealing with identity theft & going through a divorce all at the same time. I realize it could be much worse but man does this suck. 
      · 4 replies
    • finnlassie

      finnlassie

      My anti-depressants are working
      · 3 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.