Publishers Clearing House (New ?)

Mass Mutual Life Insurance (New ?)

Harley and the Davidsons on Discovery

TLC Cake Boss

Bridget Jone's Baby

Trintellix (New ?)

This is Us

Allegra D

From Dusk to Dawn on El Rey Network (New ?)

Counting On

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually thought jinger, jana and joy were pretty amusing in this episode. i appreciated the sass about the potato tree, 'supervising' the boys' work to stay away from the spiders, and the commentary when the girls had the camera at night. yes, it was pretty dumb to not bring hiking boots. but this was obviously a stunt for the show and i appreciated that they didn't keep sweet about not wanting to be there. (then again, i am also not an outdoorsy person who has been dragged along on family camping trips so i very much related)

i did think it was a little sad that when derrick asked jill about her goals she deflected and said "i hope they're whatever your goals are." :( it's okay to have your own goals, jill.  

Does Jeremy ever do any work? How can he be constantly on the phone with her? I'd think that would be rather annoying to him: his fiancee is acting like a high school girl needing constant attention.

This is an extended family of simpletons.  I just watched a bit of CO episode 1 on YouTube.  They all sound like chipmunks because of...whatever.  Who cares.

11 minutes ago, Carol said:

This is an extended family of simpletons.  I just watched a bit of CO episode 1 on YouTube.  They all sound like chipmunks because of...whatever.  Who cares.

Whoever uploaded it probably edited it to go 1.2x faster to try and thwartcopy write rules. It doesn't really make it not copywritten, but if it's a bot instead of a person it won't notice.

I bet it's better to watch that way anyway lol. The voices are funny and it's shorter 

42 minutes ago, Chicken bones said:

Does Jeremy ever do any work? How can he be constantly on the phone with her? I'd think that would be rather annoying to him: his fiancee is acting like a high school girl needing constant attention.

It's like when Jill always had to eat with Derick. How did he feel about his wife needing to do that everyday?

I have no doubt this has been discussed before, I am still befuddled on the concept of a "family closet."  I can only imagine this is so the laundry-slave doesn't have to climb the stairs with 50 pounds of laundry several times a day...?  But so weird, anyway.

A few thoughts, if my brother woke me up in the middle of the night screaming and holding a knife over me, I would be scared, bear or no bear. I enjoyed the sigma 3 guide calling out the Duggars for their skirts and sandals. Anything to make the Duggars look like the asshats they are. As for Derick praising that wall at the hotel, all I could think about was, "Make Central America Great Again." Finally, Josiah climbing into bed in that debris hut made me snicker so hard. I think it was the name debris hut and a sleeping bag made of leaves.

2 hours ago, habert said:

So this is from the first episode too: The John-David/Josiah bit about JD not courting.

SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY TO ME

1) JD looks better than he has in a long time. He's wearing nice clothes that fit, he looks like he's been working out, he's smiling and joking.

2) JD is acting more camera friendly than he ever has in a long time. I understand what the hell he's talking about and he doesn't make me die from second hand embarrassment every god damn minute of the show, which has not been the case for the past 10 years.

3) That jack of all trades bit was like a god damn commercial for JD. Oh he has all his business licenses and he can do all this man work so well and he can do cool tricks with tractors and trucks and he'll teach his little brother every thing he knows. But also I am just oh! so! busy with making money and being a real mans man to dabble in romance. ("dabble" is code for dating, which we all know is not the MO of any duggar).

4) He's happy. I don't think JD's ever been caught on camera being happy unless he was beating his dad at a sport.

JD is gd wife hunting. He's either found one, or he knows who he likes and he's got his plan set. OR he's got "lady suitors" (ie fathers) and he knows he's got his pick. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm betting now JD's getting married in 2017

JD is quite the catch in and out of fundy land. He reminds me of a few of my cousins, they are OK looking (maybe I'm not seeing something since they are family and EW) but they work hard are handy are homebodies, some country/farm girl would be in heaven with a guy like him.  He may not be a man who dotes on his girl, I'm sure he'll be a misogynistic asshole but the girl who marries him will expect that and prefer that (at least she will be told to) but he will work hard to provide for her, make sure they want for nothing and would do anything for her.  Just because I would want to feed him snot infused dinner doesn't mean someone else won't think he's the bees knees. 

Wow,  that was mind-numbingly dull.  I am an insomniac, and I think I may have to DVR these shows just to watch to help me fall asleep.  This episode was just terrible.   I just don't see how this can go on.  Jinger's dating is just not compelling enough to sustain the show.  And watching 2 families with just one kid is dull dull dull. 

There could have been some cute things filmed with the siblings all together, as you could see sometimes in the background it looked like some genuine laughter and connection between them but it was so fake and so poorly done.  Who produces this dreck? 

I am shocked that even the most loyal of LH's would have found this interesting.  Just the worst.  I can't even be creative about it or snarky.  It just is that bad. 

Has anyone else noticed how Jana seems to talk with an edge and more sarcasm lately? Something is going on with her. She seems annoyed and irritated.

1 hour ago, DaysAgo said:

Has anyone else noticed how Jana seems to talk with an edge and more sarcasm lately? Something is going on with her. She seems annoyed and irritated.

Jana has always had a more sarcastic sense of humor imo. It became more apparent when the older girls started to get more attention on the show. I remember on Jill's engagement episode, Jana poked fun at Derick for ordering just a "small little salad" or something like that. At the time, I was surprised it was acceptable for the girls  to laugh at the guys...especially non-brothers. Jana and Joy's THs were kind of cute during Jill's and Jessa's wedding seasons. Jana seems like a bore but she honestly reminds me of one of those people who will only open up once they get to know you. She seems to have a good amount of friends (Michael Bates, that Laura girl, and college educated Krista). Granted, they are fundies but still, I think Jana might have a better personality than some of her sisters. 

3 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

I have no doubt this has been discussed before, I am still befuddled on the concept of a "family closet."  I can only imagine this is so the laundry-slave doesn't have to climb the stairs with 50 pounds of laundry several times a day...?  But so weird, anyway.

In one of the earlier shows they explained that yes, it was easier for the laundry slave if all of the clothes were kept in the closet next to the laundry.  I think there was a basket each plus clothes hanging space.  Each person (or their sister mum) would take their own clean clothes from this room when they were going to shower.  And then because of jurisdictions, one could simply leave their dirty clothes on the floor and someone else would pick them up :).   I know someone with six kids who does exactly the same thing for everyday clothes/underwear/school uniforms, although her kids have to pick up after themselves ;) .

What I've never understood is the quantity of washing.  When they pack to go away, it seems like they take a complete change of clothes for each day, and judging by how many loads they say they do a day (I can't remember how many, but it was a lot), it seemed like they do that at home as well. In Karma's home, people are expected to wear things like pjs,  jeans and jumpers a few times before washing once they've outgrown playing in the dirt or spilling their food on themselves,

Thank you Buzzard.  This show is not on in Australia.  I now will avoid it when it is as it sounds very repetitive and boring.

6 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

i did think it was a little sad that when derrick asked jill about her goals she deflected and said "i hope they're whatever your goals are." :( it's okay to have your own goals, jill.  

I thought so too when I first saw it, but then I remembered when my husband & I were first married. I wanted whatever he wanted just so we could do it together. :) Now I know we can survive separately and have individual goals, and we do, but those first years of learning together and getting to know each other were so very sweet.

You know, I think there's a lot to be said for hiking in a skirt. I did a 42 day canoe trip in a skirt instead of shorts (with proper hiking boots, though). It's easy to remove without taking off your hiking boots, for instance if you want to go swimming but don't trust the lake bed. You can pull it up when you pop a squat so there's less fabric bunched around your knees/ankles for you to try not to pee on. You can climb over logs without getting pulled up short by the crotch of your shorts, which have been pushed down your hips by the pack you're carrying.

And I STILL think the Duggars look ill-prepared when I see them hiking in skirts.

(Also, those mosquito bites on the inner thighs are a BITCH.)

7 hours ago, DaysAgo said:

And her twin is more relaxed these days and showing, dare I say, an appealing sort of dry humor about things.

Jim Bob and Michelle don't appear to be around for much of the taping these days.  Maybe the "kids" are acting more like themselves away from Boob's watchful eye.

The faux survival thing might trump the 11th dental visit for most boring thing TLC has ever made the Duggars do.   No one wanted to be there - and Jinger being there just made things worse for everyone - but it was dirt cheap for TLC to create.  They clearly aren't investing much into this show.  A few bucks to the shelter and edible plant guys and the cost of a night in a barbed wire protected hotel room for Jill and Derick and there you have it!

What's the deal with Derick being all "usually I'm always on guard protecting my family but now I can relax because there's a WALL" when there are zillions of photos of the Dills with armed guards?

The survival thing just made the Duggars look stupid. Is TLC trying to get rid of them, or do they really think it makes for an interesting show?

15 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

The survival thing just made the Duggars look stupid. Is TLC trying to get rid of them, or do they really think it makes for an interesting show?

The whole thing is just so fucked up.  People who are really into the whole survival thing would LOVE to have three days with professionals learning skills like that.  Instead, the Duggars drive a "borrowed" RV for hours to go out there and belittle the experience.  Somehow that makes them a role model family?  Was I supposed to watch that and think "gee, they're so funny making fun and wussing out of this normally expensive experience!"  "Normal" people dont have a week to just wander off for a wasted experience, thats called a VACATION, and I'd be pretty pissed if I blew my vacation time on something that I didnt want to do.

Didnt some of these boys go to ALERT?  Arent these the same skills? Why are they playing so stupid?  

Just to be clear - in this episode we saw the older kids drive an expensive vehicle to a camp and blow four days making fun of what they were supposed to be doing.  Google seems to think these camps are about $100/day per person plus all the hotdogs they brought with them.  Jinger spends the entire time on the phone - how did she charge it?  Oh yeah, that generator that powers the bus... cuz gas is free when TLC pays.

Jill and Derick are "gifted" a stay in a hotel and dinner at a buffet restaurant in a country where, according to them, wifi, internet, and hot showers are a luxury.  Of course, no one begrudges someone celebrating an anniversary, but its a little fucked up when youre doing it for a TV show all about how you're helping the poor and spreading the word of jebus... when in reality you've locked yourself in your compound to hide (in your a/c).  Believe in HIM and white Jebus will bless you with good walls, a/c, and meat too!

Jessa and Ben share hand me down clothes while wearing his polo shirt.  I believe for zero seconds that the majority of spurgie's shit comes from Izzy.  They ship it back from sintral amerkia?  Yeah... guess those orphan kids really dont need more than one crayon.

They come off as entitled fucks.

9 hours ago, calimojo said:

Wow,  that was mind-numbingly dull.  I am an insomniac, and I think I may have to DVR these shows just to watch to help me fall asleep.  This episode was just terrible.   I just don't see how this can go on.  Jinger's dating is just not compelling enough to sustain the show.  And watching 2 families with just one kid is dull dull dull. 

There could have been some cute things filmed with the siblings all together, as you could see sometimes in the background it looked like some genuine laughter and connection between them but it was so fake and so poorly done.  Who produces this dreck? 

I am shocked that even the most loyal of LH's would have found this interesting.  Just the worst.  I can't even be creative about it or snarky.  It just is that bad. 

Beyond dull regarding one family and one kid - what would have been entertaining for Jessa to tell the camera that she was 2 weeks pregnant - but of course she would not do that - because then she couldn't give the clothes to the tacos for life lady and go on and about sharing clothes.   

Jinge's dating might be getting spicy as he doesn't seem to follow rules   = and I said again - she can't carry anything including a show 

and Derick and JIll - well she has him 24 /7 she must be ecstatic - but they are boring. 

6 hours ago, Karma said:

What I've never understood is the quantity of washing.  When they pack to go away, it seems like they take a complete change of clothes for each day, and judging by how many loads they say they do a day (I can't remember how many, but it was a lot), it seemed like they do that at home as well. In Karma's home, people are expected to wear things like pjs,  jeans and jumpers a few times before washing once they've outgrown playing in the dirt or spilling their food on themselves,

Yeah, I've commented on that before as well. They claim that Grandma Mary does 80 loads of laundry per week (or did before the girls got married). 80 fucking loads. That's 4 loads per person per week. That is insane. Either they produce perverse amounts of laundry by getting changed three times during the course of a day, or they're lying as usual.

5 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Yeah, I've commented on that before as well. They claim that Grandma Mary does 80 loads of laundry per week (or did before the girls got married). 80 fucking loads. That's 4 loads per person per week. That is insane. Either they produce perverse amounts of laundry by getting changed three times during the course of a day, or they're lying as usual.

I would say lying :D

I figured it out - Ben take of your glasses when your son wants to smother you 

yes ? :D then he won't look so shocked - let Spurge explore - he is a wandering kid 

and Jessa you will get to hold another child like that in what six months 

13 hours ago, nst said:

Since she knows she is pregnant in that scene - I hope she knows she has to get the clothes back. 

otherwise it defeats the purpose

this show is so boring 

It's the tacos for life FRIENDS 

Delayed reaction to this:

1. They have more than enough time to get the clothes back since SeaWeed the Second isn't due until February.

2. If they have a girl, they may not want the clothes back immediately. Because girls and boys obviously can't share clothes for any reason ever. Because Jesus. Or something. :pb_rollseyes:

Mr. Wolf and I do 2-3 loads a week, which includes sheets and towels. We have a regular sized washer. The Duggars have  several commercial machines, so that would make 160 loads in a normal machine. Kids clothes don't take up much room, even if they get them dirty  a lot. So yes, methinks the Duggars protest too much.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived