IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 2

Coconut Flan

38 minutes ago, December said:

I haven't looked at the ratings closely. But I wonder if there will be diminishing returns for each additional baby beyond each Duggar kid's first child. If I remember right, the old show made a big deal about the first M kid but less about the following ones (someone correct me if I'm wrong, obviously!). After the novelty of a Duggar couple's first kid, new ones are just gonna be routine as their dental appointments (zzz), until they hit a really huge number of kids -- at least double digits. Unless one wins the baby lottery and has multiples.

I think the toilet birth may have garnered some interest, but maybe it was just we faithful FJers. :562479521d2a1_32(3):

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we talk about table manners? I'm sorry but Josie is almost 7. She really shouldn't be eating with her hands. Doesn't anyone teach her how to eat properly?

I also grew up in a large family and we slept in our regular clothes, too. Even my parents. My youngest at-home siblings still do. This is something I have changed and I can't imagine going back now - PJ's are too comfy!

5 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Can we talk about table manners? I'm sorry but Josie is almost 7. She really shouldn't be eating with her hands. Doesn't anyone teach her how to eat properly?

Maybe nobody was assigned that jurisdiction. :laughing-rofl:

I am late to the party...but I just watched the first two episodes and...these people frustrate me sooo much.

What was all that garbage from the older boys about keeping an eye on Jeremy. I have 3 older brothers and I would kill myself if they talked about me as if I was their property.

And Jinger and Jeremy are a weird match. She looks like a 14 year old playing with her mom's make up. And the way she looked at him. She seriously is a teenager.

Jill is hating life at dangerous Central America. As unattractive as I find him, I am loving Derrick's very non fundie look.

Jessa is so regretting marrying the kid with the sinus problems and is incredibly jealous of Jinger.

The most annoying thing was that part about not being able to make a meal because they had been so bussy getting ready for Jeremy's arrival..seriously WHAT DO THESE PEOPLE DO ALL DAY?

I shouldn't watch this show anymore, it makes me cranky. 

I'm definitely getting bored with the Duggars. I didn't watch any of Jill or Jessa's courtships/weddings. I did hate watch part of last season and watched the first episode of this season, but I can't even get interested in hate watching the latest two. I think there will always be a curiosity to know what each Duggar kid does with their life, but unless one of them steps outside the party line I don't care to watch it.

3 hours ago, Swamptribe said:

http://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/sporty-s-new-electronic-e6b-flight-computer.html

What gets me is, they haven't mentioned owning the plane on the show.  At least as far as I know.  They've talked about flying in the plane, but not that they own the damn thing.  I'm also sure that Duggar aviation was set up purely so the can write the costs of the plane off their taxes as business expenses.

My guess is that with all the speaking engagements, they found it to be cheaper and easier to fly to the events, vs driving, and vs having to make a commercial flight on time.  

45 minutes ago, BoPeep said:

My guess is that with all the speaking engagements, they found it to be cheaper and easier to fly to the events, vs driving, and vs having to make a commercial flight on time.  

It also makes it easier to fly a little closer to Duggar time, although you can't get the great footage of 'will they miss their flight this time or not?'

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I think the toilet birth may have garnered some interest, but maybe it was just we faithful FJers. :562479521d2a1_32(3):

I can't remember which M kid that was, but I'll assume it was one of the later ones. I'm pretty sure I blocked that episode from my memory for a reason and don't wish to revisit it! :brainbleach:

6 hours ago, paulypepper said:

:embarrassed: I'm 59 and I am grumbler too...If I could I would wear nothing but tank tops and jeans, 'cause even t-shirt collars and sleeves bug me! :pb_lol:

Count me in as a grumbler.  My job is business casual and I HATE it.  If I could live in jeans, shorts, tanks and hoodies with flip flops on my feet, I'd be the happiest girl in the whole world. I'd kill to be like a friend of mine who works from home.  She wears yoga pants and tanks all day.  So jealous.

I  noticed how awkward all the THs were. The kidults were not at all interesting, and the boys especially, came across as not too bright. I would have thought that having spent half their lives in front of a camera, they would have developed some personality. Not implying any mental deficiency but to me it showed their lack of contact with the real world.

I really don't understand how even the leg humpers like this show. I mean at least the old one managed to look semi realistic to their actual lives. This one is not even trying to look real. It's like a sitcom without the jokes and with uninspired story lines and terrible actors. 

12 hours ago, gustava said:

We discussed this way back, and I can't find the thread.  As I recall, we wondered whether they slept in their clothes so as to be modest for the camera crew, or were just too lazy to find their jammies.  In retrospect, I think we also thought it had something to do with Joshie's wandering hands.

Gotcha. It sounds familiar like something I probably discussed/read with y'all but didn't quite remember.

7 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

It also makes it easier to fly a little closer to Duggar time, although you can't get the great footage of 'will they miss their flight this time or not?'

Of course we can! The Duggs stage stuff for the cameras constantly. They could certainly stage the world's most dull airport time-race scene and if they miss their flight, (oh no! Whatever will they do! Quick pray for a private plane all ready to go!) they can take the Jesus jet. 

There will be no mention of them owning it, only that J'kid has a pilot's license and they're really blessed because Jesus really pulled through this time! Bonus points if they can claim they're saving the difference some how.

I remember one episode where the camera crew seemed pretty pissed because they'd been waiting a long time for the Duggars to roll up in their bus. They talked about leaving. Maybe it was staged, but it seemed genuine.

With all the buddies, they have no excuse for being late. Each J slave only has a few kids to get ready just like a normal family. Of course, with the lack of bedtime routine, it's pretty hard to wake those kids up. 

It

Not that the J slaves should have that responsibility shoved on them anyway.

I don't see the chemistry between Jinger and Jeremy at all.  I think they look awkward together.  The age/experience difference between them makes him look like a creep going after a teenager.  I do like that they are breaking courtship rules in front of JB though.  Jill and Derek don't seem too into each other.  They are never shown touching or humping on the mini golf course.  Jessa looks happy to be a mom but clearly Ben is not so thrilled with life right now.  I wish the adoption thing would just stop.  We all know it will never happen.  They must think it will make them look like good people, but they really only want to create their own babies for Jeezus.  I would hope that Jinger moves the heck away from Arkansas, but my guess is JB will not let it happen somehow.  

13 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

After the Yay We Didn't Abort You dog and pony show surrounding her ended, I think pretty much everyone in the family just let her go feral. Michelle and Jim Bob only care about her if there's a photo op, all the sister moms who aren't Jana are flying the coop, and Jana has to divide her attention between her, the other Lost Girls (though Jordyn, Jenni, and Johannah are getting near to J'slave age), and being her lazy brothers' scullery maid. At this point, I'd be pleasantly surprised if Josie was literate, able to tie her shoes, dress herself, or function independently at all; I don't think she's developmentally disabled (as some have speculated), but I think that she's a bizarre and damaging combination of infantilized and neglected.

14 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

After the Yay We Didn't Abort You dog and pony show surrounding her ended, I think pretty much everyone in the family just let her go feral. Michelle and Jim Bob only care about her if there's a photo op, all the sister moms who aren't Jana are flying the coop, and Jana has to divide her attention between her, the other Lost Girls (though Jordyn, Jenni, and Johannah are getting near to J'slave age), and being her lazy brothers' scullery maid. At this point, I'd be pleasantly surprised if Josie was literate, able to tie her shoes, dress herself, or function independently at all; I don't think she's developmentally disabled (as some have speculated), but I think that she's a bizarre and damaging combination of infantilized and neglected.

If I remember right, Hannie and Jenny are both as old as or older than Jill was when she first became a J' Slave. So, going off that, there is absolutely no excuse at this point for Jordyn or Josie to be so neglected. More than enough adults to help care for and nurture them - even if you count help needed for the M kids or Spurgeon.

Except it's the Duggars. And none of them seem to give a shit about raising kids properly. So scratch that answer. 

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Well said: infantilized + neglected

16 hours ago, Sister Mozz said:

I also grew up in a large family and we slept in our regular clothes, too. Even my parents. My youngest at-home siblings still do. This is something I have changed and I can't imagine going back now - PJ's are too comfy!

I wonder if it was a laundry thing, or PJ's are flipping expensive thing? I hated buying PJ's when my kids were little they were so expensive. We all sleep in t-shirts and boxers or pajama pants the t-shirts could be worn as regular clothes but we have or jammie t-shirts 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

If I remember right, Hannie and Jenny are both as old as or older than Jill was when she first became a J' Slave. So, going off that, there is absolutely no excuse at this point for Jordyn or Josie to be so neglected. More than enough adults to help care for and nurture them - even if you count help needed for the M kids or Spurgeon.

Except it's the Duggars. And none of them seem to give a shit about raising kids properly. So scratch that answer. 

And all the older Jslaves are males and we can't have boys taking care of girls because touchy touchy Josh showed us that conservative jebus doesn't like that. With the older girls all coocoo for coco puffs over their menz Jana can only be so many places and Joy isn't your typical fundie girl too many brothers around her for that, girl work doesn't seem to suit her and Boob and ME are far too checked out to beat the girly into her like they did with Jing.

16 hours ago, BoPeep said:

We do have a thread on Dugger aviation.  I think they bought at least one plane, and may lease it out.  Am fuzzy on details but Halcionne did an excellent job of sorting it out.

On 9/6/2016 at 8:01 PM, nst said:

no it goes further - he has his arm around her and JB is clearly pissed and they lean into each other 

i finally saw that and I have to say while I know it is the editing but I like how she rolls her eyes after Boob says "things are moving fast here" 

On 07/09/2016 at 3:59 PM, SassyPants said:

Didn't watch, per usual...And I agree with Buzzard, why would the boys who have attended ALERT (JD, Joe, Josiah and Jer) need to attend survival camp?  Does no one associate with the show from the players, to JB, the producers, writers, editors have a brain??? Maybe outside of the family, no one gives an EFFF.

DING DING DING!  We have a winner!

Also, I'm still laughing at Buzzard's segment titles :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

i finally saw that and I have to say while I know it is the editing but I like how she rolls her eyes after Boob says "things are moving fast here" 

Well, he is right. They're getting married like 6 months after "courting"

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived