IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 2

Coconut Flan

Counting on - The adventures of unemployed white people recklessly procreating while thinking they're saving the world PART 2

At the hotel Jill shows izzy the pool "a big bathtub."  He bangs on the window 

Derick - I love this place.  Right up there with the a/c is a WALL. SOmeone else is taking care of security.  I can let my guard down and let someone else take care of that.

They dump izzy in the pool while JIll films.  Derick takes him in the water.

JIll - Izzy has been in the water a few times.  He loves water.

Derick dunks him under the water and JIll coos.

Derick tells us how he loves swimming (he is wearing a tank top)

JIll -  I think its important for fathers and sons to do something together. Izzy is derick's little buddy.

(Unclear who is filming this)

Back at Jessa's house... Bin dresses the spurge (he calls him spurge).

Jessa - he's 8 months and got a tooth

Bin cant figure out how to get overalls on.

He's wearing 12 to 18 month clothes. Bin manages to get the clothes on while he cackles (bin is wearing a polo shirt...)

They put sunglasses on spurge

Bin explains they're going to visit their friends, the youngs, to bring them clothes for "brecken."

Jessa - there is a 6 month gap and we've been passing hand me downs. It saves money.  Izzy gave us clothes, other friends give clothes. Its a blessing.

Bin - I had a lot of hand me down clothes from friends and second hand shopping. With Jessa's family it came from within the ranks.

Jessa - we thought it was so awesome because we felt like we wre grown up.  Jinger and I were in charge of the closet (flashback to closet).  So long as it didnt have holes or stains...  Not much made it past me because I was active

Other J'kids talk about who was hard/easy on clothes.

Jessa - it was awesome to go thrift shopping and look for bargains.

Joy - when I was little i had a jean dress with different colors for different holidays. I was stylin.

At the young's house they ring the doorbell (camera alreadyinside).  The baby is on the floor playing.

Jessa explains they'e known eachother for a year. They have clothes from "spurgie."  She was a month or 2 away from her due date and they found out they were expecting.  Sierra and Joy threw a "really awesome" baby shower and it was a surprise!  Oh yeah, we totally forgot about this episode last season... lets burn 3 minutes with a flashback...

Bin holds spurge while Jessa holds Brecken.  They discuss the overalls being short overalls... they can go fishing.

They talk about baby milestones, baby proofing.... rollingover... teething rings.

Jessa says its good to ask questions.  She does that with mom, anna, jill... 

Kristen - theres a lot I dont know. I just try to get as much info as I can.  Jessa has baby insight.

Jessa - I love holding babies at that age. Its fun to go back to those newborn days... my mind moves toward the future.  We should have a little newborn sometime soon.  It will be totally different, double the work, double the diapers... we'd love to have a  large family so I'm sure there will be many more down the road if god will bless us.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how she says all this knowing she is pregnant - and spurge is cute in that scene :D

the way he attacks Ben 

Must she bring Anna into everything though

Focus on one another—and the baby you have, Jill and Derrick. 

So they have other getaways to the beach too?

Arkansas with the Seewalds—dressing a mobile baby while on the couch…good idea

Bin looks so unsure of how to handle his own son

S. Elliott is a cute baby

Most of S. Elliott’s clothes look like they don’t come from the thrift store.

“I was stylin’”  Who is teaching them slang stuff LOL

Well you are pregnant now, Jessa.

3 minutes ago, jegfile said:

My sarcasm font is broken! Why is the world so scary to these people?

Oh I knew that was sarcasm, my font must be the one broken. :my_biggrin:

Seeing Ben and Derick with their respective sons in sequential scenes really highlights how different they are. I don't know, Derick seems much more natural with Izzy than Ben with Spurge. I'm not really commenting on the parenting skills, per se- we've seen safety foul-ups on both sides- but Ben seems so stilted, and Derick seems so much more willing to play and make a fool of himself to make his kid laugh. I certainly don't like Derick (the misogynistic and xenophobic overtones are a bit of a turn off) , but he's much more tolerable than Ben.

Also, seriously Jinger? Can you really not stand contacting your future headship for a few hours? You're gonna spend the rest of your life with him, hold onto your butt.

I am loving Joy's grass crown.

Counting on - the duggars being eaten by spiders (part 3)

Back at survival camp... the duggars hike

TH - Benessa - Jinger would call a taxi first

Jinger TH - I didnt know how long we'd be without cell serivce.  I was like "oh no, I should have told him I'd be gone."

They walk through the water, jinger takes selfies.  

They gather and are taught how to forage for food.

Joy - they decided to go to the forest and find food.

They wander and point out and try plants.  

Joseph - it was amazing to see his knowledge of plants.  If you spend 2 years in the wilderness and still look like youre well fed, Thats who I want to be with.

Joe - I've traveled, I've eaten weird things

Jinger - we had strange foods in japan (flash back) china (flashback)

Josiah - i'm an adventurous eater and I avent died yet (flashback)

Jinger - broadening our horizons isnt always a good thing... especailly when its plants.

Jana - we are roughing it and then someone whips out potato chips. 

Cuz thats really respectable... 

Joy - you'd need a hwole tree full of edibles to feed a family of 19.

Back at camp... they make hot dogs.  Jinger texts (something is blurred out on her right hand) The battery on her phone is at 57%... she facetimes with jeremy.  He talks to the camera.

Joy walks around barefoot...

Back in CA

Jill gets ready for dinner.  She says its been a while since she's been ableto go out for dinner.

Derick says she looks beautiful

They get to the restaurant (los balcones) and go to a buffet. Jill says salads are hard to come by.  Derick says "I like meat a lot".  

Izzy tries to escape the high chair.  JIll's food magically disappears.  A fruit squeeze package is on the table - Jill's food re appears.

Derick asks her goals - she says izzy needs a sibling so he doesnt htink the world revolves around him.  

Jill asks Izzy if he wants a sibling - they are looking foward to having another baby soon.  

Derick wants to be a better husband.  "right now i have my high school diploma in jill dillard.  I want my phd so I'll know what youre thinking."

He gives her a letter as a gift.  His letter is sweet - how many hours and days theye been married and how he appreciates her.

Derick says Jill's letter makes him feel good and "leading a family" it gives me confidence.

More flashbacks... 

9 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

Tlc promos

The disappointments room trailer

Varidesk.com

Midas

Xfinity

TLC promo

Queen sugar again

TLC promo

These (lack of) commercials are amazing!

Jinger, you can leave the phone alone for a few hours.

None of the survival people are dressed like they have/are going to be walking/hiking for long time. Like just wandering a little ways from the camp dressed.

“Totally roughin it.”

Potato tree

Ugh Jinger and Jeremy

None of them look like they’ve had long days at all.

Are they the only ones in the restaurant? Early bird special?

You can teach your child that they are not the center of the universe without giving them a sibling.

PHD in Jill Dillard. What?

I’m glad that she didn’t read the entire letter and that they summarized each other’s. Don’t think I could stand to hear those letters in their entirety. Didn’t they post those on their blog a while ago?

8 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

Seeing Ben and Derick with their respective sons in sequential scenes really highlights how different they are. I don't know, Derick seems much more natural with Izzy than Ben with Spurge. I'm not really commenting on the parenting skills, per se- we've seen safety foul-ups on both sides- but Ben seems so stilted, and Derick seems so much more willing to play and make a fool of himself to make his kid laugh. I certainly don't like Derick (the misogynistic and xenophobic overtones are a bit of a turn off) , but he's much more tolerable than Ben.

Also, seriously Jinger? Can you really not stand contacting your future headship for a few hours? You're gonna spend the rest of your life with him, hold onto your butt.

I am loving Joy's grass crown.

Ben is all about appearance and how he looks - with Spurge - it's all about the name with him.  A legacy of who the guy was.  He adores him you can tell, he just doesn't seem completely natural with him,   Maybe he will be better with him.  He does seem better and not so sad in his TH's though. 

Whereas Derick is more natural because he is in a foreign country and needs to survive and clearly is ok with Israel having a fit.  And he was so calm during the fit.  

Selfies in Nature, SMH ,,,

Newsflash to Jill, That statement could go for you too dear, The world doesn't revolve around your family. You are owed Nothing 

5 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

Selfies in Nature, SMH ,,,

Newsflash to Jill, That statement could go for you too dear, The world doesn't revolve around your family. You are owed Nothing 

what statement i missed that -as I was banging my head against my desk because of the 19 kids flashbacks 

and it looks like in next week's episode  - Jinge and Jeremy go tooo far :D

4 minutes ago, nst said:

what statement i missed that -as I was banging my head against my desk because of the 19 kids flashbacks 

and it looks like in next week's episode which I will miss - Jinge and Jeremy go tooo far :D

do they hold hands while praying? 

Oh Commercials from earlier:

Harley and the Davidsons

TLC promo

Bridget Jones

Trintellix

This Is Us tv spot

Allegra-D

TLC promo

Toyota nascar commercial

MichaeLA-HLN show

TLC promos

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

do they hold hands while praying? 

no it goes further - he has his arm around her and JB is clearly pissed and they lean into each other 

Counting on - this show is so boring I cant even name the segment - part 4

Today is the lst day of training and "we're feeling primitive."

JInger texts.  Joy sits in the camper on the laptop.

They are outside looking at shelters.  They are told that they will sleep overnight in the outdoor shelter.

They dig in a debris hut.  They take it apart and reconstruct it so they know how to build it.  They find spiders... The staff jokes they can cook them and eat them. Staff jokes there may be snakes.

The girls stand on the side and watch the guys work.  They're "supervisors." Joy wears a shirt that says "meet me at the gym." 

JInger videos it - the blurred item is a sticker on the back of her iphone.

A dog wanders up and Joy puets it.

Flashback to JIll and Jessa cooing at things on their phones.

Joy - I"m not going to say anything because when its my turn I could be the worst of them all.

Staff - Jinger's mind isnt 100% in the game right now.

The shelter is done - jinger is in a chair texting/face timing.  She clearly learned nothing.

Next shelter... lean to, improvised sleeping bag... 

Joy - I'm not sleeping in leaves.  I need a sleeping bag.

Night falls, the fire burns... The girls say they're going to the lean to.  They get their bedding and go to the lean to.  Jinger is concerned about bugs. She has her phone... 

Jana - you're wondering what could be crawling around.

Josiah? - I'm going to the debris hut.  "this would be a good place to come if youre a fugitive."

Jer/Jed - only john and joe wont suffer because they're in the teepee.  I dont think the girls will make it through the night.  They'll end up in the RV.

Jeremy calls - jinger wanders out in her nightshirt.   She goes back to the RV.

One J'boy sleeps with glasses on his head.

Morning comes... only 3 j'kids made it outside for the night.  The rest were in the RV.

Josiah - in a survival situation, youre goal is to be safest.  The camper...

They are given patches and told they are welcome back.

Some j'kids clearly have coffee. None of them look unshaven enough that they've been "roughing it" for 3 days.

All the kids want showers, but jinger will call jeremy the whole way back.

Next week - homeskool graduation! Joy flies! Jeremy welcomes Jinger and the parents to texas! 

And comments from the last part

Last day of survival (RV camping) training

None of ya’ll look like you’ve gone without showers

Aren’t the girls always supervisors?  Those great gender roles

Are they not worried about more bears?

What a great episode. So entertaining >.<

Oh my goodness, only three slept in the woods? Come on, those were perfectly nice debris huts. What on earth did they think they were signing up for... but it was kind of nice seeing them interact as siblings, though. It made them seem more like people, less like robots. 

oooOOOooo, Jeremy has his arm around Jinger? The SCANDAL. I am absolutely DEFRAUDED. Someone get my smelling salts...

I'm just watching the first episode now, and I just had to pop here and say it is so awkward watching Anna walk around her first home with Josh to help Jessa baby proof. Like, maybe she doesn't care, but I'm like squirming in my seat watching it.

I think that thing took 1 whole day.  It was a joke.  The whole show was a joke. 

Jinge again is a joke.  At least it wasn't as bad as last week. 

And what is with the constant flashbacks of the original show. 

As for Ben dealing with Spurge - I think with him is the illusion of trying to be the perfect father.  He wants Spurge this to be this image of Charles Spurgeon yet he seems to forget that Spurgeon his son wants to crawl all over him. 

and Jessa who is clearly pregnant - lies through her teeth. :D

3 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

Oh my goodness, only three slept in the woods? Come on, those were perfectly nice debris huts. What on earth did they think they were signing up for... but it was kind of nice seeing them interact as siblings, though. It made them seem more like people, less like robots. 

oooOOOooo, Jeremy has his arm around Jinger? The SCANDAL. I am absolutely DEFRAUDED. Someone get my smelling salts...

Why is it OK in duggarville for the boys and girls to sleep together in the RV?  ZOMG thats a little too "modern" and "trusting" for this modest family!

So this is from the first episode too: The John-David/Josiah bit about JD not courting.

SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY TO ME

1) JD looks better than he has in a long time. He's wearing nice clothes that fit, he looks like he's been working out, he's smiling and joking.

2) JD is acting more camera friendly than he ever has in a long time. I understand what the hell he's talking about and he doesn't make me die from second hand embarrassment every god damn minute of the show, which has not been the case for the past 10 years.

3) That jack of all trades bit was like a god damn commercial for JD. Oh he has all his business licenses and he can do all this man work so well and he can do cool tricks with tractors and trucks and he'll teach his little brother every thing he knows. But also I am just oh! so! busy with making money and being a real mans man to dabble in romance. ("dabble" is code for dating, which we all know is not the MO of any duggar).

4) He's happy. I don't think JD's ever been caught on camera being happy unless he was beating his dad at a sport.

JD is gd wife hunting. He's either found one, or he knows who he likes and he's got his plan set. OR he's got "lady suitors" (ie fathers) and he knows he's got his pick. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm betting now JD's getting married in 2017

Sooo, I'm assuming sending the skirt wearing, (seemingly) ditzy, "citified" gals to the big woods with their strapping young, handsome, fierce brothers is the networks way of saying: "Hey!  They're just good ole girls, they get dirty and can do boy things!"  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived