IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen

SpoonfulOSugar

As discussed upthread, Michael has been mostly ignoring questions about pregnancy on her instagram even as she responds to other comments. However, she did say it wasn't baby time yet in the comments of the scrapbook post from two weeks ago. So I'd guess she's not pregnant and waiting to announce, or she just wouldn't have answered. I hope she takes the following comments to heart.

Capture.PNG

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It must suck to have people constantly asking if you are pregnant yet. I would be like "mind your own damn business" I know it is common that people ask newly-weds this quite often. 

Those fans are ballsy to ask her flat out. At least Michael is keeping busy. She seems happy being an aunt. If she never has children, I hope she knows she can be fulfilled without them. Kelly and Gil better not be bugging them about grandchildren.

7 minutes ago, season of life said:

Those fans are ballsy to ask her flat out. At least Michael is keeping busy. She seems happy being an aunt. If she never has children, I hope she knows she can be fulfilled without them. Kelly and Gil better not be bugging them about grandchildren.

Oh, God, I can totally see Kelly doing that. Every time Michael cuddles a niece or nephew Kelly probably says something like, "Just think, soon it'll be your own child you're holding!" or "Can't wait till you give us some grandbabies, too!" in that passive-aggressive keep sweet tone.

I don't know why Michael and Brandon haven't announced a pregnancy yet and, frankly, it's no one's business but their own. But regardless of the reason, it sucks to have your mother (or, in my case, MIL) start making pointed comments about the contents of your uterus. Random comments on the internet are bad enough, but coming from Kelly they'd be infinitely more painful.

This is, of course, all speculation, and I hope that in actuality Kelly is incredibly supportive of Michael and Brandon and doesn't make pointed remarks about their lack of children.

I can totally see Kelly badgering her about a baby. And Michael is probably too polite to snap back.

I have a feeling they are more sensitive about the issue since Erin's problems and miscarriages. I think if Brandon and Michael are struggling (which I think they are), Kelly and Gil know about it.

But who knows, maybe they're still super annoying about it and constantly "praying for them to have babies".

43 minutes ago, faraway said:

I have a feeling they are more sensitive about the issue since Erin's problems and miscarriages. I think if Brandon and Michael are struggling (which I think they are), Kelly and Gil know about it.

But who knows, maybe they're still super annoying about it and constantly "praying for them to have babies".

Re: Gil and Kelly, I can see it either way, they might be more sensitive about it because of Erin's experiences or they might not have learned a thing and are bugging Michael about it.  If it's the latter, unfortunately I don't see Michael pushing back and telling them to bug off since they can't be supportive and should know better because Erin.  Unless Brandon does it.  He doesn't strike me as being too keen on some of his in-laws' antics (thinking about the apartment rearrangement here).   Both of them are private types but I suspect Michael is too well trained to be steamrolled over by her family IMHO.  Brandon might have some other ideas.

In any case, regardless of the reasons why there aren't any babies yet, Gil and Kelly bear full responsibility for exposing all of theirs and their children's lives as fodder for the masses which is why there's no damn privacy for Michael.   I can't believe the nerve and entitlement of some of these "fans" but this has happened only because of one thing:  Gil and Kelly's TV whoring.

If I were Michael, I would not add anyone I didn't personally know to my social media account. She seems like a very private person. Why invite the crazy, busy body, fundy humpers to ask you personal information? Say no to that crazy.  She's not making money off her Instagram account. Just cut the crazy off. Save yourself the time of dealing with nosy people. That's just my opinion.

I'm no fan of Gil and Kelly, but I'd be surprised if they're bugging Michael about babies.  Michael has made it very clear that she'd love a ton of them.  I just don't see why they'd bother.  And I expect that Michael (voluntarily) keeps Kelly up to date on her status.

This is a quiverfull family we are talking about. I would be shocked if Kelly and Gil aren't giving Michael hell about no baby yet. They just aren't doing so in front of the cameras.

Soooo... I just watched the newest UP sneak preview and it is ALL about Michael loving on Kaci and how much she loves babies. I don't know if they are going to address anything on the show, but there is no way in hell the Bates don't know what's going on. All of them saying how much she loves babies with big smiles on their faces. Either she IS pregnant and they plan to announce soon or whatever the issue preventing that is understood and accepted by the whole family. JMO

16 hours ago, season of life said:

I can totally see Kelly badgering her about a baby. And Michael is probably too polite to snap back.

I don't know. I think after her own miscarriages and especially what Erin went through she's probably a lot more considerate. Erin was the first daughter married and they probably said that to her a lot and realized how much it made her miscarriage worse. Not a big defender of Kelly but her and Michael seem pretty close so if she is having reproductive problems she may stay away from saying comments like that. I'm sure Michael has been honest and she still shows up for all birthday parties and seems to love her nieces and nephews. I'm sure if Kelly were to say a comment like that it would be to keep her staying positive and faithful. I just don't see her really pressuring Michael. 

I remember even after Erin's miscarriage, Chad and Erin would still say "having Jeb and the other kids here we can't wait to have kids of our own." At that point in the interview I believe Erin was newly pregnant and they were trying to stay hopeful. But when they told Kelly and Gil they were excited yet nervous for her. I just don't really see Kelly as being insensitive when it comes to fertility. If I were her I would feel guilty making her whole being about producing children and possibly making my daughter pressured to try and emulate my model. 

With the amount of baby hinting the Bates have been dropping the last few days I'd be shocked if she isn't pregnant. I think we will get an announcement within the week. 

I actually hope so. With the Staddons relocating to Big Sandy soon, Michael isn't going to have a lot of friends in the cult left to occupy her time. 

BUT didn't Michael (again) deny pregnancy quite recently? I guess we will just have to sit back and see how this plays out for her. 

Probably Kelly prays and prays for Michael getting pregnant. While it can be seen as a way to support her daughter, it can also be hurting, because it's a way to remember Michael&Brandon they are somehow failing or being punished or something like that. You know, marriage means babiezzzzz, it's the only goal they know.

I feel for every woman who loves children and struggles with infertility (and after more than 1 year married, yes I think Michael&Brandon are struggling). But despite I'm sorry for them, I hope this childless time is used to know themselves better, to think about other ways of life, other goals, and maybe other ways to raise children. I doubt it's happening, but who knows.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I hope they never conceive. Actually, I hope none of these families conceive again. The horrific thought of more children being born into these cults outweighs any sympathy for these women's fertility problems.

Yeah, I know I sound like a cold hearted bitch. I make no apologies.

35 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I hope they never conceive. Actually, I hope none of these families conceive again. The horrific thought of more children being born into these cults outweighs any sympathy for these women's fertility problems.

Yeah, I know I sound like a cold hearted bitch. I make no apologies.

And here we all are judging them for judging those they deem less moral...

Whatever may or may not be going on is not my business. They share small snippets of their life when they feel like it and on their own terms. I give Brandon and Michael credit for seeming to want a more private life in that way. No couple should have to disclose any issues they may be facing if they don't want to or aren't ready to share - not even members of a cult who sporadically appear on a reality show. If they are facing issues, then I hope they are receiving only genuine love and support from those closest to them.

That said, I hope they are happy and currently enjoying their life together. They courted longer than many Fundie couples do before marriage, but this time with just the two of them can help build a strong foundation for their life together - and that's a very good thing regardless of whether or not they have children in the future.

I feel for Michael, you can tell how much she wants a baby.  I can see Kelly also being more sensitive given what she and Erin have gone through.  I only hope no one is giving them a hard time 

23 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

I feel for Michael, you can tell how much she wants a baby.  I can see Kelly also being more sensitive given what she and Erin have gone through.  I only hope no one is giving them a hard time 

other than half of the commenters on their Instagram?  [Many of whom appear to be clueless biblethumping 14 year old girls]

On 10/8/2016 at 7:51 PM, hollywood said:

It must suck to have people constantly asking if you are pregnant yet. I would be like "mind your own damn business" I know it is common that people ask newly-weds this quite often. 

It is ridiculous to constantly field those questions, but if she just never responded to any inquiries about it people would eventually stop asking. Hopefully she is secure enough to not care what a ton of strangers on the internet think and hopefully she is content with what her life is now and isn't bothered by the nonstop intrusion. Honestly she can and should ditch social media if it bothers her.

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

other than half of the commenters on their Instagram?  [Many of whom appear to be clueless biblethumping 14 year old girls]

I'm glad my friends and family don't badger me about not having kids or a husband yet.  I don't know that I'd be able to brush off the questions if I was having fertility issues, I'd be a mess

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived