IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen

SpoonfulOSugar

39 minutes ago, season of life said:

I suppose I expected them to be too disgusted by his behavior to vote for him. :smiley-signs131:

You would think that they would be since they're all about being pure. Although as someone said about David and Priscilla Waller, they were associated with Gothrad for some time. Ugh :2wankers:

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, season of life said:

I suppose I expected them to be too disgusted by his behavior to vote for him. :smiley-signs131:

They would even vote for Bin Laden in order to avoid a female President.

20 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

That is so sad and so very true. Ugh fundies they don't have the sense that god gave to little birds. 

21 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'm curious about that. Which is worse in their viewpoint: a white woman or a (non-white) Muslim man?

1 hour ago, llg1234 said:

I'm curious about that. Which is worse in their viewpoint: a white woman or a (non-white) Muslim man?

This is they'd get a raft and "flee" as refugees. 

On 11/6/2016 at 4:10 PM, llg1234 said:

A white woman because a (non-white) muslim man is convertiable. (Not like the car but as in can be converted.) 

You guys are forgetting they supported Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman. 

White woman is fine, so long as she spews the right fundie Christian words.

18 hours ago, season of life said:

She posted about flowers again. It's nice of Brandon to bring her some. 

Seems like he gives her a lot of flowers. They seem sweet. 

On 10/21/2016 at 8:46 AM, VelociRapture said:

I feel badly for them more than I would other Fundie couples. Mostly because the Keilens are relatively private people who don't share much of their lives with the general public. Yeah, they do choose to participate on the show and that's going to lead to questions... but I do think they've made it pretty clear that this is a subject they consider private and I wish that the leghumpers would respect that.

And I really think her parents did her a massive disservice by choosing to make their family life so public over the years. It makes it much tougher for any of the offspring to lead more private lives once they do marry and move out because people feel like they have a right to know what's going on with them - simply because they watched them grow up on the show or family blog.

I think Michael and Brandon need to pull an Alyssa and just shut down the public account. Even if it's just temporary. Might send a stronger message about not wanting to answer that type of questioning and it would give them a break from having to deal with it.

I agree with you but FYI_-Alyssa is back on Instagram and back to sharing.  Her break wasn't very long. Wonder if she was contractually obligated. 

49 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I agree with you but FYI_-Alyssa is back on Instagram and back to sharing.  Her break wasn't very long. Wonder if she was contractually obligated. 

I know that. The comment you responded to was from late last month. I was trying to say that they could do what Alyssa had done by taking a break from public posting, even if it was just temporarily like Alyssa's break was. :pb_smile: 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I know that. The comment you responded to was from late last month. I was trying to say that they could do what Alyssa had done by taking a break from public posting, even if it was just temporarily like Alyssa's break was. :pb_smile: 

I'm sorry! My mistake.  I should never post without coffee.  

I totally agree that the Keilens would not have chosen such a public life by themselves but had to be a part of the Family Show. Now keeping it private will become more difficult every day. For sure UPTV is pushing  the Family to adresse the non pregnancy .But the bigger pressure in my opinion is that  the longer it takes for them to get pregnant the more will (at least some) episodes have the big elephant in them that nobody seems to see. The longer it takes the harder wilit be to ignore the stupid but constant questions of the leghumpers.

On 6.11.2016 at 10:36 PM, hilee said:

This is they'd get a raft and "flee" as refugees. 

And that will be the point where I'm going to doubt my "refugees welcome" - motto. -.-

On 11.11.2016 at 11:56 PM, Carm_88 said:

Seems like he gives her a lot of flowers. They seem sweet. 

Or he is trying to make up to her that they haven't got a baby yet. Although my guess would be that Michael thinks it is her fault.

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

Or he is trying to make up to her that they haven't got a baby yet. Although my guess would be that Michael thinks it is her fault.

Yeah Brandon wouldn't think that it was his fault. I have no doubt that Michael wants children and I think like someone above said they might need to take a little social media hiatus like Alyssa did. 

16 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Yeah Brandon wouldn't think that it was his fault. I have no doubt that Michael wants children and I think like someone above said they might need to take a little social media hiatus like Alyssa did. 

Or maybe they should consider seeing an OBGYN. I know plenty of couples need a year and more to conceive, but these were non-fundie couples. They didn't see infertility as a punishment from God. I can't see Michael and Brandon going to an OBGYN to see if everything is okay with her. And he of course is way too holy to be infertile.

10 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Or maybe they should consider seeing an OBGYN. I know plenty of couples need a year and more to conceive, but these were non-fundie couples. They didn't see infertility as a punishment from God. I can't see Michael and Brandon going to an OBGYN to see if everything is okay with her. And he of course is way too holy to be infertile.

All the married girls have gone to the family OBGYN, I don't see why Michael wouldn't. 

Maybe they have already seen a doctor and been told to keep trying naturally for a while longer?

Perhaps they didn't really "get going" from the beginning and they know they probably haven't gotten pregnant because they haven't had enough sex?

Perhaps they are quite OK with waiting it out for a while longer before checking themselves out? 

Perhaps they are not actively trying for a baby yet not trying to avoid a baby and have in fact not gotten it right yet?

Perhaps they have had a miscarriage already?

They could have been to the doctor and been told that only treatments they find unacceptable are the solution to their problems and they are still trying to decide if they will tell people or not?

There is a huge number of possible scenarios. While they cannot complain about people discussing their situation here for example they do in fact not have an obligation to actively inform us or the viewers of the show about absolutely everything in their life. I hope they are not avoiding the topic due to shame though but only because they feel it is none of our business. If Michael and Brandon want kids I hope they will have one soon.

3 hours ago, elliha said:

Maybe they have already seen a doctor and been told to keep trying naturally for a while longer?

Perhaps they didn't really "get going" from the beginning and they know they probably haven't gotten pregnant because they haven't had enough sex?

Perhaps they are quite OK with waiting it out for a while longer before checking themselves out? 

Perhaps they are not actively trying for a baby yet not trying to avoid a baby and have in fact not gotten it right yet?

Perhaps they have had a miscarriage already?

They could have been to the doctor and been told that only treatments they find unacceptable are the solution to their problems and they are still trying to decide if they will tell people or not?

There is a huge number of possible scenarios. While they cannot complain about people discussing their situation here for example they do in fact not have an obligation to actively inform us or the viewers of the show about absolutely everything in their life. I hope they are not avoiding the topic due to shame though but only because they feel it is none of our business. If Michael and Brandon want kids I hope they will have one soon.

I suspect she's been tested for Erin's blood disorder and cleared. Most doctors will not pursue any sort of fertility testing or medication for at least one year of active trying because fertility meds are hard on the body. Most couples take around a year to conceive. There's only like a 30% chance of getting pregnant even if you hit bang on perfect with your cycle (all pun intended). I think a lot of fundies probably do take 6-12 months or longer to get pregnant the first time. 

It's worth remembering that the Bates and Duggars have huge families even by fundie standards, it's not shocking that most of their kids are hyper fertile as well. 

Edited to fix autocorrect. 

I always think its funny that people speculate that the couple might not have gotten into sex right away. OF COURSE THEY DID. Jeese Pete half the world doesn't have sex before marriage and generations before us had no sex ed at all and still managed the deed. It would be SINFUL to "deny" each other.

"It's worth remembering that the Bates and Duggars have huge families even by fundie standards, it's not shocking that most of their kids are hyper fertile as well. " 

THIS. Everyone who humps like rabbits doesn't have babies as often as rabbits. I'm positive they ARE having sex and AREN'T using b.c. They accept that it will, or will not happen, according to God's will.

40 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I always think its funny that people speculate that the couple might not have gotten into sex right away. OF COURSE THEY DID. Jeese Pete half the world doesn't have sex before marriage and generations before us had no sex ed at all and still managed the deed. It would be SINFUL to "deny" each other.

"It's worth remembering that the Bates and Duggars have huge families even by fundie standards, it's not shocking that most of their kids are hyper fertile as well. " 

THIS. Everyone who humps like rabbits doesn't have babies as often as rabbits. I'm positive they ARE having sex and AREN'T using b.c. They accept that it will, or will not happen, according to God's will.

Many who have left the fundie world do describe having problems getting started with sex because they have been so ingrained with sex being bad. Some will of course find it easy to start having sex but I think it is not respectful to those who have described having this problem to say that everyone can handle it. I am not talking about not being able to work out the mechanics, that I do believe they can do but problems with feeling guilty despite being married, erectile dysfunction or just not finding a way to fully enjoy it that easily I can believe. I have for example read about a woman (who left this type of cult environment) who found out after marriage that she could really only enjoy sex if it was rape-play because she still could not allow herself to feel aroused because she wanted to have sex.

About the past, at least in Europe it was really quite common to have had sex before marriage or even be pregnant before marriage and as far as I know that was the same in the US too. The really early marriages and glorifying virginity is really not that old, it is something quite modern for the general population. Marriage often happened at around 25 for the majority of people and babies born 6-7 months after marriage was very common and that was usually not because it was premature. Even those who were virgins when they got married would most likely at least have kissed or cuddled and definitely talked to each other in private. Read a Jane Austen book, even if there are no kisses (some claim one is hinted in Emma) described but people frequently meet in private with no chaperones. That is more polite society, a farmer's daughter would probably not be that shy would most likely be pregnant by the time the wedding happened and no one would care too much. 

13 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

All the married girls have gone to the family OBGYN, I don't see why Michael wouldn't. 

She probably has and compared to some couples, it's not that long. It just seems long in fundie standards. 

1 hour ago, elliha said:

Many who have left the fundie world do describe having problems getting started with sex because they have been so ingrained with sex being bad.

I'm sure there are many who have this issue but I remember in the honeymoon episode how eager Michael was to get back to their room. She said she needed to rest and gave him a look like it's not really rest she wanted.:kitty-wink:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived