IGNORED

Counting On Part 11

Destiny

36 minutes ago, Kira said:

I'll have to watch the clip again, but this is what I heard:

Jill: "I hope we have another baby in the near future"

Derick: "I bet we will have another baby before next year" OR" I bet we'll have another baby next year"

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/counting-ons-new-season-2-trailer-reveals-jinger-duggars-courtship-w434836

I heard "by next year." I think I remember the wording being different in an earlier preview, but that may be my questionable memory.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard before next year, but it was mumbled.  Don't think they'll have one in December unless it's adopted. Maybe he meant be pregnant by the end of the year, but it's Derick, so who knows.

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I don't get Derrick's comment about trying for a baby next year. If they're married in their cult, they must be trying all the time, or are they practicing abstinence? I'm very surprised that Jill's not pregnant yet, maybe she was adviced by the doctors about the dangers of getting pregnant again too soon after her hard delivery. But Michelle has had very hard deliveries and she got pregnant again almost inmediately.

If they actually are doing something to prevent it, I'm sure they would just downplay that though, and somehow twist it to be that God wanted it that way, they are really following God's plan for them or whatever twist they can come up with.

I don't know which would be worse...being one of 19 kids in this crazy family, or being the only child in this crazy family. An only child would be "helicoptered" to death. The only "blessing" that God had bestowed on them and therefore, very, very special and deserving of all the adoration his/her family (and the leghumpers) can muster.

Which would be worse? One of many, or the only?

33 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

I don't know which would be worse...being one of 19 kids in this crazy family, or being the only child in this crazy family. An only child would be "helicoptered" to death. The only "blessing" that God had bestowed on them and therefore, very, very special and deserving of all the adoration his/her family (and the leghumpers) can muster.

Which would be worse? One of many, or the only?

Nothing can be worst than being a lost kid among 18 siblings. Kids really, really suffer when nobody cares about them. 

6 hours ago, Kira said:

I don't think they're trying to prevent pregnancies. It seems like they want to have another baby, but it hasn't happened. 

That's how I interpreted it as well.

Long time lurker finally posting. I was watching the new promo and noticed it definitely didn't look like July 25th in NYC for the proposal. It looks like snow on the sidewalks; unless its Christmas in July the timeline of their relationship is fake.

IMG_3148-1.PNG

IMG_3149.PNG

9 hours ago, anotherone said:

If they actually are doing something to prevent it, I'm sure they would just downplay that though, and somehow twist it to be that God wanted it that way, they are really following God's plan for them or whatever twist they can come up with.

Some people just don't get that sometimes God wants us to take the responsibility for things like this...

My parents are very devout, and they liked to quote the quiver full verse when talking about why they had kids. The difference is, they felt like God trusted them to know when their particular "quiver" was full.

9 hours ago, Kira said:

I don't think they're trying to prevent pregnancies. It seems like they want to have another baby, but it hasn't happened. 

Maybe they are being punished for Derrick quiting his job and having his family become grifters...

I may be late getting in on this, but I just saw a commercial for the new season of Counting On and it says "Brand new coutshipS" plural. The commercial only shows Jinger & Jeremy and only says "Brand new love" in the singular, though.

2 hours ago, meekminions said:

Long time lurker finally posting. I was watching the new promo and noticed it definitely didn't look like July 25th in NYC for the proposal. It looks like snow on the sidewalks; unless its Christmas in July the timeline of their relationship is fake.

IMG_3148-1.PNG

IMG_3149.PNG

Is that snow, or just light colored concrete?

Sure doesn't look like July though.

It looks like concrete to me. I see faint lines cutting the concrete into squares.

I was going to say snow, but then if you look at it starting at the end, between the chair and the cellist, it looks like just stone.

The texture looks off to be snow. I bet it's something else. Could be something placed over something in order to cover a sign or some other marker

I agree it is not a sidewalk, it's a small ledge directly behind the musicians. I don't know about snow, but the pine trees look very christmassy. 

I don't think the cellist would be wearing short sleeves outside in December. But no, it doesn't look like July either.

9 hours ago, meekminions said:

IMG_3148-1.PNG

IMG_3149.PNG

They're also not sweaty at all. The last few weeks of july were BRUTAL, especially in the city where there's millions of people and cars to make it hotter. 

It could be a ledge that we're seeing but there's something else on it. The ledge should be uniform and level and it's not in the picture. It looks to me how snow accumulates when there's a breeze.

The flowering tree in the other picture is a hibiscus tree. It's something that people commonly keep in their house in New England to pretend we're somewhere nicer in winter.

That's definetly concrete. And of all the things the duggars are going to lie about, the date seems to be last on the list

On 17. august 2016 at 1:50 PM, Melissa1977 said:

I don't get Derrick's comment about trying for a baby next year. If they're married in their cult, they must be trying all the time, or are they practicing abstinence? I'm very surprised that Jill's not pregnant yet, maybe she was adviced by the doctors about the dangers of getting pregnant again too soon after her hard delivery. But Michelle has had very hard deliveries and she got pregnant again almost inmediately.

Norwegian jumping into the thread...

I was thinking that J&D went to Central America to get away from the cult for a while, and the probably endless nagging about pregnancy. IMO J looked so relaxed in Central America, and the two of them actually seems like a good team. I think they might be using NFP, and I would not be surprised if she is temping. I really hope that moving back to Arkansas does not mean that they are giving up on their newfound freedom. 

I hope they will get back to missionary field quick, and that Jana would join them (if they have another baby, plus the toddler in unknown territory, it could be an excuse to bring Jana...) It is so sad to see this lovely young woman, with quite a strong mind, waste her life as a maid and nanny at her parent's.

• Curious locked this topic

Archived