IGNORED

Counting On Part 11

Destiny

Is it me or does Jeremy's ex look a little like Jinger?  

And as for Jill and Derrick not having any alone time, how is that different than most people who have a newborn?  You mean to tell me when Grandma Cathy or Boob and Mullet came to visit,  Jill and Derrick never went out by themselves?  So not buying it. What about the people in those instagram pics who were holding/watching Izzy?  

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, freealljs said:

Is it me or does Jeremy's ex look a little like Jinger?  

And as for Jill and Derrick not having any alone time, how is that different than most people who have a newborn?  You mean to tell me when Grandma Cathy or Boob and Mullet came to visit,  Jill and Derrick never went out by themselves?  So not buying it. What about the people in those instagram pics who were holding/watching Izzy?  

I buy Jill never going out by herself because she is scared her "gringo" son will be taken - her words - and that already says  a lot - so her mission field adventure is between four walls - does this surprise anyone?  reading the bible and skyping her sisters. 

she is at home cleaning what she was trained to do 

plus the fact who can forget the image of her cleaning the McMansion with a feather duster newly pregnant and now cleaning her SCA house cleaning the house. 

She was obviously with Derick when those people were "watching" Izzy - those were staged. 

Sounds like both girls are actively preventing pregnancy, one because it is dangerous and the other in order to adopt. Funny Jill does not mention Zika as one of the risks (which is specifically risky for pregnant women) but does mention violence (which has nothing to do with being pregnant).

What I don't get about Benessa's adoption thing is the timing. They are young and fertile and could have a ton of babies without the hassle of adoption. So if they want to adopt in order to have a very large family, they could do the Duggar rabbit thing, wait till they are done having kids and then decide if they want to have more by adopting. Now they are holding up nature, or worse, interfering with God's plan, because of the nine month spacing.

If they want to adopt because of the need of 'orphans', why not wait with adopting till they are a little more experienced as parents? Or wait until a specific case presents itself? Why the active persuit of adoption when you are barely out of highschool, have a baby, and will probably have many more in the near future?

And I am not even getting started on Ben just getting into Bible college and not having an independent income. That is fine with your own kids, but when you adopt I think you have an extra responsibility to provide security. 

If it is just a story line, it is a persistant one. And I really wish the tabloids would ask some simple reality-check questions instead of writing about it like it is such a sweet thing to do and makes perfect sense.

I think adoption (on Ben & Jessa's case) is a publicity ploy.  

15 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

I think adoption (on Ben & Jessa's case) is a publicity ploy.  

At this point, that's honestly best case scenario in my mind. And I feel like that's really, really sad.

I feel like Jessas interest in adoption is genuine. i can believe it's something she's thought about since she was a kid and she really thinks it's what she wants. I think it's far fetched for them at this point and I don't believe it's ever going to happen. I think the idea will fizzle out over time as she will keep having bio kids and will realize it's not really going to work out for them to adopt.  It's a bit of an idealist notion on her part and I think she will realize that on her own, Of course she'll have to keep saying they're praying about it or whatever. 

I do find it interesting that DerJill have not spawned again....Izzy is what? 18 months old? 

4 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I do find it interesting that DerJill have not spawned again....Izzy is what? 18 months old? 

16 months

Just now, Bethella said:

16 months

I still find it interesting they've gone this long w/o another pregnancy. Maybe she just doesn't have her mother's fertility or the c-section isn't helping matters. I hope like hell they keep the number of spawn down. This world doesn't need another 10+ uneducated religious freaks. 

I'm in the 'they're holding out an announcement for the show' camp. There haven't been many pics that show Jill's full torso for awhile. Then again, if she *is* pregnant, she probably shouldn't be lifting her 6 year old sister.

For those thinking that if Ben & Jessa adopt there's a chance they won't be able to choose the name.  Have you seen other fundy adoptions?  They're take big kids from other countries and change their names.  Naming the kid is like branding a kid to say they own it.  A child has the name its parents gave it, and after a fundy adoption there's only one set of parents and that's the new ones.:kitty-shifty:

They adopt - and they'll probably have a tiny newborn who they get to name anyway, or they'll change the name regardless of age of the child.

3 hours ago, Kaylo said:

She's pregnant, or she came home to get pregnant. No zika in Arkansas. That's why they are staying until fall. Guaranteed. 

Doesn't the virus survive like several weeks in sperm of men? I read something like up to six months is possible.

8 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

I feel like Jessas interest in adoption is genuine. i can believe it's something she's thought about since she was a kid and she really thinks it's what she wants. I think it's far fetched for them at this point and I don't believe it's ever going to happen. I think the idea will fizzle out over time as she will keep having bio kids and will realize it's not really going to work out for them to adopt.  It's a bit of an idealist notion on her part and I think she will realize that on her own, Of course she'll have to keep saying they're praying about it or whatever. 

so it's jessa's version of being an idealist like someone else's version of starting a company that produces hats for  dogs who have no hair 

it's her version of being Bill Gates

sometimes it's pans out and sometimes you grow up and realize you can't achieve every dream or goal no matter how hard you try 

I always forget these are practically babies 23 and 21 

I never really buy "they're waiting to announce [thing] on the show!"/"they coordinate when major life events take place for the show!" speculation, if only because TLC is... not actually that committed to producing an interesting or eventful TV program. They were very content to produce a season (two seasons? It felt like it was 3000 episodes long) of Counting On in which literally nothing happened. Life-changingly so.

Anyway, don't they usually announce stuff via People or online these days?

snip

Doesn't the virus survive like several weeks in sperm of men? I read something like up to six months is possible.

end snip.

Yes, I read that, too but I could see that fact eluding the Dill's.

The "adoption." This is just a romantic notion of a young girl who doesn't have a clue. They will tell her, she's a young, fertile girl; go have your own. There are ppl out there wanting to adopt who can't have their own.

"miss scarlett, i don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies", but could something tragic have happened with that brutal birth of spurge that would render jessa unable to have another baby? if so, maybe she won't admit it, so it's a perfect cover up to act like they want to adopt some poor little one who survived roe vs. wade. could that be possible? 

My brother and SIL adopted a baby at 3 months and changed his name. I've known foster families who adopt older kids who change the name, usually with the help of the child.

We  changed our rescue dog's name when we adopted her. She was no Lady. So Ben and  Jessa  could name a child whatever they want. They could all be Spurgeon, like George Forman.

4 hours ago, Gobbles said:

Yes. But that's science and therefore not a factor for the Duggars. 

My friend's aunt adopted 4 children a few years ago. The oldest was 8 i think and the youngest 2. They all decided to change their names upon adoption (The 3 oldest chose theirs, the 2 year-old was named by the parents) But this was a difficult situation, they had terrible names with an even more terrible spelling, and they all chose super simple and traditional names

1 hour ago, ksgranola1 said:

snip

end snip.

Yes, I read that, too but I could see that fact eluding the Dill's.

The "adoption." This is just a romantic notion of a young girl who doesn't have a clue. They will tell her, she's a young, fertile girl; go have your own. There are ppl out there wanting to adopt who can't have their own.

I would hope no adoption agency would ever say that to a woman. Being young doesn't guarantee fertility. Already having had a child also doesn't guarantee fertility. 

8 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Dates to the grocery store - so romantic!

My husband and I have only gone out alone a few times in the last 3 years. Mostly to run errands. Once to dinner. So a "date" to the store doesn't sound too crazy to me.

As for the adoption stuff....I wonder if part of the adoption "storyline" is a part of their anti-abortion agenda.  "See...don't kill your baby. People like us will take it!"

I don't think, in general, wanting to adopt has to be because of fertility or age or whatever. There are plenty of people who really just want to adopt for various reasons and I think it's fantastic. But I don't necesarily get the same vibe from people in the Duggar clan.

• Curious locked this topic

Archived