IGNORED

Counting On Part 11

Destiny

12 hours ago, lizzybee said:

I had an Embassy Media subscription for a while and Jim Bob on his last video with Michelle talks about the boys needing to constantly fast to help control their unrighteous desires and that he does it with them for support. It's their accountability thing. They come for help, and then they start fasting. 

If you grow up in a family in which some particular practice such as this is encouraged, and you are isolated, well, you grow up thinking that's probably normal. Nature being what it is, with some family members, it remains dogmatic in adulthood, while with others, it's easy to let go or to put into some kind of perspective. I can feel both sadness and hopefulness in that respect.

As a parent of a large brood, it is never in my personal nature to imply negativity or speculate about specifically private concerns of individual young and vulnerable people; I am interested in the concepts and general practices as a whole, to muse over mostly in the abstract.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 9:09 PM, Bad Wolf said:

We still don't know what Jana didn't see coming in the last promo.

I've just had a thought.

Remember how the last season was anticlimactic (I know nothing happened all season but it ended with a whimper).

Maybe (because we all know how they like to mess with the time lines) filming ended with JinJer courting but before it was broadcast they got engaged. TLC then realised they could pad out this season with the entire courtship/engagement/wedding.

Because something happened that stopped them showing whatever the hell it was Jana couldn't see coming.

Just imagine if there are two kids courting, Jinger engaged, Jill, Jessa and Anna pregnant. Imagine it all!

4 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

If you grow up in a family in which some particular practice such as this is encouraged, and you are isolated, well, you grow up thinking that's probably normal. Nature being what it is, with some family members, it remains dogmatic in adulthood, while with others, it's easy to let go or to put into some kind of perspective. I can feel both sadness and hopefulness in that respect.

As a parent of a large brood, it is never in my personal nature to imply negativity or speculate about specifically private concerns of individual young and vulnerable people; I am interested in the concepts and general practices as a whole, to muse over mostly in the abstract.

As for me, I was repeating what their father put out there himself in his speech. I certainly don't have any thing to say about anyone's sexuality in any capacity as I agree it's not appropriate so I completely respect that. I should have just said that Jim Bob talks about how they address this in their video without giving details. What he said was in Session 1 of the Family Camp series 2015 titled "Our Continuing Journey." He starts about 10mins in talking about doubling down on their faith with closing down on the accesses they have with the phones and internet (what a lot of FJ members imagined they would do). He goes into details about 32:00 minutes in about how they've tried to purify their family if anyone has an account and wants to go watch or listen.

They also talk a lot about the stuff with Josh and how Michelle said she was thinking things were not right with him before things came to a head. She quotes Reformer's Unanimous too. 

12 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

As for me, I was repeating what their father put out there himself in his speech. I certainly don't have any thing to say about anyone's sexuality in any capacity as I agree it's not appropriate so I completely respect that.

We are on the same page. My questions and our conversation are general for further understanding a philosophy and what might result from it, and that's all.

On 8/1/2016 at 0:00 PM, lizzybee said:

They also talk a lot about the stuff with Josh and how Michelle said she was thinking things were not right with him before things came to a head. She quotes Reformer's Unanimous too. 

Wait!! Are you saying it is on record somewhere that Michelle says she believed her son Josh was "not right" before he began molesting his sisters, is that what you're saying?

@habert IIRC she says in this video speech not long before everything came out that she felt something was wrong/not right with him. She mentioned it to JB, she says, and ultimately decided not to say anything to him (Josh). Not long after that is when everything went down. 

I am massively pulling from memory and thus paraphrasing, but yes, that's what she says in the speech. 

1. TLC will air a 1hr 25 "Counting On" countdown before the season premiere

2. I found a synopsis of the first episode: Derick and Jill in CA, Jessa and Ben taking care of Spurgeon and Jinger has news about her future :pb_surprised:. I also heard rumors that this season will be 10 episodes. 

3. I found a longer season synopsis:

While Jinger is in courtship bliss, the other older Duggar siblings are ready to leave the lows of the past year behind them and look forward to new and exciting highs. Jill and Derick are returning to Arkansas after a year of balancing mission work and raising their one-and-a-half year-old son in Central America. 

Ben and Jessa are experiencing all the excitement of being new parents and possible plans for adoption, while Ben simultaneously organizes a football camp with ex-NFL players to mentor kids. Joy, Jedidiah and Jeremiah are also reaching a milestone with high school graduation rapidly approaching. 

And, these three aren’t the only ones growing up; could John David, Joseph and Josiah be pursuing courtships? These siblings aren’t kids anymore, and each new relationship, parenting challenge, and exciting endeavor are a reminder of how much they’ve grownup.

17 hours ago, Kira said:

2. I found a synopsis of the first episode: Derick and Jill in CA, Jessa and Ben taking care of Spurgeon and Jinger has news about her future :pb_surprised:. I also heard rumors that this season will be 10 episodes. 

While Jinger is in courtship bliss, the other older Duggar siblings are ready to leave the lows of the past year behind them and look forward to new and exciting highs. Jill and Derick are returning to Arkansas after a year of balancing mission work and raising their one-and-a-half year-old son in Central America. 

Ben and Jessa are experiencing all the excitement of being new parents and possible plans for adoption, while Ben simultaneously organizes a football camp with ex-NFL players to mentor kids. Joy, Jedidiah and Jeremiah are also reaching a milestone with high school graduation rapidly approaching. 

And, these three aren’t the only ones growing up; could John David, Joseph and Josiah be pursuing courtships? These siblings aren’t kids anymore, and each new relationship, parenting challenge, and exciting endeavor are a reminder of how much they’ve grownup.

And, Jana reaches an exciting milestone when she changes her millionth diaper. 

18 hours ago, Kira said:

They are really stretching things? 

Izzy does turn 18 months till October and they are already home (after that "year" of mission work).

JD, Joe and Josiah aren't kids anymore but they still live at home sleeping in with their school age siblings, having grandma do their laundry , Jana make their beds and Joy cook their meals.

The 10 episodes is the perfect filler before sister wives comes back with Maddie's wedding. Is there a reason TLC will not air new Duggar programs and Sister Wives at the same time?

2 hours ago, Purrl said:

I saw it on Instagram. @duggarfam

Thank you!

Cute pic, I'm not sure how well Josiah fits that high chair or what they were doing but is cute and Joy looks so different now to how she did then.

21 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Is there a reason TLC will not air new Duggar programs and Sister Wives at the same time?

Because they generally pad out their schedules with repeats, if they show all the new stuff at the same time they'll run out of material by mid September ;) 

1 hour ago, CoveredInBees said:

Because they generally pad out their schedules with repeats, if they show all the new stuff at the same time they'll run out of material by mid September ;) 

Besides, they can only afford tissues for one crying family at a time.

On 8/4/2016 at 8:18 PM, lizzybee said:

@habert IIRC she says in this video speech not long before everything came out that she felt something was wrong/not right with him. She mentioned it to JB, she says, and ultimately decided not to say anything to him (Josh). Not long after that is when everything went down. 

I am massively pulling from memory and thus paraphrasing, but yes, that's what she says in the speech. 

Was she talking about feeling something was wrong LAST YEAR before the "scandal" or many years ago before molesting his sisters?

On 8/12/2016 at 7:13 PM, Kira said:

<snip>

<snip>

Oh god...I wish they'd shut up about the adoption stuff. There's no way that is happening.

i'm firmly in the camp that there will be some sort of big announcement before the season premiere. any bets on who the announcement will come from, and what it will be?

who are we kidding, it will be a pregnancy announcement from... well, all bets are off there. except for michelle, her birthin' days are done.

3 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:
who are we kidding, it will be a pregnancy announcement from... well, all bets are off there. except for michelle, her birthin' days are done.

I bet Jill.

I wonder if the main reason Jill and Derrick are back is due to the Zika virus. It would be very worrisome to be there and not use any form of birth control, and I just don't see Jill or Jessa using anything other than natural family planning.

At least one of the girls is pregnant imo. I strongly feel there will be an announcement right before the season starts, end of this week or earlier next. Definitely could be both Jill and Jessa. I think it will be a bit for Anna. I also have a hope one of the boys is courting, or Jana (but not at all optimistic on that front). I don't know why I care but I just can't quit. 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Has anyone seen Michelle recently?  We know #20 is still on their radar...

God help us all... 

Gosh i don't even thinking to her! I was hoping her birth days are over... Better hope is jill or Jessa if one of them have to be pregnant 

Just now, Italiangirl said:

Gosh i don't even thinking to her! I was hoping her birth days are over... Better hope is jill or Jessa if one of them have to be pregnant 

You know her dream is a line of pregnant duggar females, with her smiling at the front of the line, hand on tummy... 

Counting on was on here yesterday (the episode when Jessa makes turkey at her house for the family). Havn't seen it before but it was even more boring then I expected after reading about it here. What a complete snore. Only managed about five minutes of it. 

I did notice the ads where pretty much the same as any other show though. There probably havn't been any protests over here. Could TLC be making money from advertisers outside of the US? Probably not much here (in Sweden) where TLC is a tiny channel that not many have, but in other places?

Can't get over how boring it was. The Duggars definitly have dirt on someone to get another season of that. 

• Curious locked this topic

Archived