IGNORED

Counting On Part 11

Destiny

2 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

They will tell her, she's a young, fertile girl; go have your own. There are ppl out there wanting to adopt who can't have their own.

There is also no shortage of children hoping to be adopted. The ability to have your own children should not prevent a person from adopting. 

Being young, unemployed and involved in a cult might be obstacles alright. :56247953c05d2_32(6):

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I don't think, in general, wanting to adopt has to be because of fertility or age or whatever. There are plenty of people who really just want to adopt for various reasons and I think it's fantastic. But I don't necesarily get the same vibe from people in the Duggar clan.

I think we should normalize adopting by people who are fertile, but would rather give an already born child a loving home and family. I don't think adoption should necessarily be a last ditch effort to have a kid.

However, that being said, just like @jas, I agree that the Duggars should not be adopting. When will the kid collecting stop? Do we really think Jessa and Ben can provide for a dozen adopted kids each from different backgrounds? Also, I don't even want to think about what they will say to these kids "Aren't you glad we saved you from your old life? You should be grateful to us every second of every day even when we are brainwashing you and hitting you and not giving you a proper education because WE saved YOU."

Katherine Heigl and her husband have two adopted girls and she's currently pregnant with her first bio child.  Can we use her as  a normalish example of someone who adopts while fertile.  Jessa does not need to emulate her.

It's going to be funny to watch Jessa and Ben pretend to be into adoption during the show when we all know she's pregnant now. And I'm pretty sure most real adoption agencies won't consider a pregnant woman as an adoptive parent.

Not to say they won't find some fundie who got knocked up and wants to "give" them her baby though.

I'm ashamed to say that I'm excited for the premier tonight.  My husband won't be home so I can watch it IRT and not tomorrow off the DVR.  That being said I know I'll be bored and disappointed.  

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I'm ashamed to say that I'm excited for the premier tonight.  My husband won't be home so I can watch it IRT and not tomorrow off the DVR.  That being said I know I'll be bored and disappointed.  

i have canolies :D

What time is the premier? And which time zone. I always forget that the US has a few of them. (Only able to read what people write on here, but if it is in the middle of the night I'll wait until the next morning like I did with the last season...)

5 minutes ago, Gobbles said:

What time is the premier? And which time zone. I always forget that the US has a few of them. (Only able to read what people write on here, but if it is in the middle of the night I'll wait until the next morning like I did with the last season...)

It's 8pm Eastern Time zone. GMT -5.

The "counting on countdown" starts at 6:30 eastern here in Georgia. Kind of an odd time.

Barring another verrrry minor storyline (baby proofing for Meredith?)  I think this season's events have pretty much been covered ...(Jinger courtship to engagement only is my guess and the wedding will either be a special or next season) - do we know how many episodes will air?

Poor Jana. Likely doomed to a baby proofing scene with a Duggarville Farms rutabaga or cabbage leaf thrown in for nutritious measure. 

I never know about that call (here in italy is a wil that there is no news about the Duggar (more or less since Joshei scandal number 1)...some help? 

48 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

Barring another verrrry minor storyline (baby proofing for Meredith?)  I think this season's events have pretty much been covered ...(Jinger courtship to engagement only is my guess and the wedding will either be a special or next season) - do we know how many episodes will air?

Poor Jana. Likely doomed to a baby proofing scene with a Duggarville Farms rutabaga or cabbage leaf thrown in for nutritious measure. 

This season is 10 episodes.

I could be wrong, but I think another courtship will be announced. And maybe another pregnancy announcement.

Hmm maybe with ten episodes more can happen, I didn't realize there would be that many...

My guess is John David then for our mystery courter. 

1 hour ago, Suz8710 said:

They were baby proofing in Ben and Jessa's house weren't they? 

I figured they were trying to get ready for a home study because adoption. 

6 minutes ago, Jessalyn said:

They were baby proofing in Ben and Jessa's house weren't they? 

I figured they were trying to get ready for a home study because adoption. 

She did say they were moving forward with a home study in the pregnancy announcement to Us Weekly.

Adoptive parents of FJ, does it make sense to do a home study when you won't be eligle to adopt for at least another year?

On 8/14/2016 at 2:20 PM, actuallyjessica said:

i'm firmly in the camp that there will be some sort of big announcement before the season premiere. any bets on who the announcement will come from, and what it will be?

who are we kidding, it will be a pregnancy announcement from... well, all bets are off there. except for michelle, her birthin' days are done.

You called it, although we'd been suspecting Jessa since we saw the pics of her in New York. 

thanks for taking the hit for us Buzzard.  And I guess I am shocked to read just how many on here plan to watch the show.  JB sends his thanks for keeping the gravy train coming. 

Season Two of Counting on has a new thread here:

On 8/19/2016 at 7:23 PM, SassyPants said:

OMG- I can not stand jeggings. Anything tight on my legs, especially my calves, drives me bonkers.

But fleece leggings are the best clothing that has ever existed! I would wear them everyday all winter but I can never find shirts long enough to go with them.

On 8/21/2016 at 3:45 PM, Anny Nym said:

"Izzy & Spurgie". They could be the fundies version of Mumford & Sons.

Izzy and Spurgie reminds me of Stinky and Dirty! Any parent of young kids who watch Amazon tv shows will know who they are. I think they also have books.

On 8/21/2016 at 10:29 PM, MsSaylor said:

I feel like Jessas interest in adoption is genuine. i can believe it's something she's thought about since she was a kid and she really thinks it's what she wants. I think it's far fetched for them at this point and I don't believe it's ever going to happen. I think the idea will fizzle out over time as she will keep having bio kids and will realize it's not really going to work out for them to adopt.  It's a bit of an idealist notion on her part and I think she will realize that on her own, Of course she'll have to keep saying they're praying about it or whatever. 

Could be. With their "god decides when I get pregnant" beliefs she could honestly believe that if she was meant to adopt, she would just not get pregnant no matter what. Sounds batshit insane to me, but most of their beliefs do!

On 8/22/2016 at 9:31 AM, JesSky03 said:

I would hope no adoption agency would ever say that to a woman. Being young doesn't guarantee fertility. Already having had a child also doesn't guarantee fertility. 

On top of this, it is not the job of the infertile to adopt the world's needy children. IMO, your fertility status should have NO bearing on whether you can adopt of not. I don't mean if you are pregnant, but the ability to get pregnant shouldn't matter. While I don't think Jessa should adopt when she probably has no intention of limiting her biological children, plenty of fertile people decide to adopt instead or in addition! 

• Curious locked this topic

Archived