IGNORED

Fore!!! Jinger courts the Jock

SpoonfulOSugar

Ok, I just read through My Immortal, and several commentaries on it. Wtf did I just read?! 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, barbecutie said:

Does anyone know if a mugshot was taken when he was arrested? Maybe he was going to be charged but instead God intervened and let him cool off in the drunk tank and they let him off with a fine instead.

We can do this guys, we can find a mugshot!!!! 

According to online court records, Jeremy pleaded guilty to second-degree harassment in February of 2008 when he was 20 years old. The result was a $250 fine and a “one-year conditional discharge.” (Unfortunately, I was unable to track down a Jeremy Vuolo mug shotphoto from his arrest.)

http://starcasm.net/archives/352337

Incident Report for Jer's harassment incident.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I dunno, he was 21. I'm having a hard time holding this against him, especially as it doesn't seem to be a pattern and he learned from his mistake. Just saying.

He was young got drunk and acted like an ass not the first or last to this no excuse but he's not done anything since so I'm not gonna hold it against him. What I care more about is how he treats Jinger and that he financially supports her and any future children.

I don't have time to read all the posts about Jinger and her beloved, sorry! So can someone give me the Cliff Notes version of how in the world Jeremy passed muster with Jim Bob? Jeremy has been to a real university, has been "out in the world" and been very worldly, has more than accidentally tasted alcohol, he's been arrested, has played a sport professionally, has displayed his thighs and knees publically, has not been a devoted Gothard follower his entire life-HOW was he deemed acceptable?

12 minutes ago, Letgo said:

I don't have time to read all the posts about Jinger and her beloved, sorry! So can someone give me the Cliff Notes version of how in the world Jeremy passed muster with Jim Bob? Jeremy has been to a real university, has been "out in the world" and been very worldly, has more than accidentally tasted alcohol, he's been arrested, has played a sport professionally, has displayed his thighs and knees publically, has not been a devoted Gothard follower his entire life-HOW was he deemed acceptable?

I'm guessing here, but:

Because Jesus forgives those that ask. Or something. I mean, Boob and J'Chelle didn't seem to really care when Josh molested their daughters because he asked for forgiveness - why would Jeremy, who looks like a fucking Choir Boy in comparision, be any different? :pb_lol:

lol... maybe it's because I just read an article about a drone catching a couple having sex in the bell tower of a cathedral, but when I read fucking Choir Boy, my mind pictured something... naughty...

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm guessing here, but:

Because Jesus forgives those that ask. Or something. I mean, Boob and J'Chelle didn't seem to really care when Josh molested their daughters because he asked for forgiveness - why would Jeremy, who looks like a fucking Choir Boy in comparision, be any different? :pb_lol:

You have a valid point about forgiveness, but Jeremy did his sinful stuff relatively recently and publically. Plus, I doubt he has saved his first kiss (or anything else) for marriage to Jinger. I just can't imagine JB agreeing to let him court her. He does look good compared to Josh, but isn't his prior sin also evidence that he is easily seduced by that sin? And Josh is the firstborn of JB and Michelle so he is more "forgivable." Jeremy wants to marry one of their pure daughters! I'd have loved to be around when Jeremy was pitching his case to JB! How did he pull it off?!

28 minutes ago, Letgo said:

I think JB is willing to overlook these unsavory details because Jeremy used to play professional soccer and he knows he needs a big courtship to continue the show and bring in cash. He'll pimp his kids out if it means more income, more fame, more magazine articles.

50 minutes ago, livinginthelight said:

I dunno, he was 21. I'm having a hard time holding this against him, especially as it doesn't seem to be a pattern and he learned from his mistake. Just saying.

He was 20. Don't know if that makes that much of a difference even though with him being 20 it was underaged drinking. 

DOB is 09/05/87 and incident happened 1/16/08. 

13 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

lol... maybe it's because I just read an article about a drone catching a couple having sex in the bell tower of a cathedral, but when I read fucking Choir Boy, my mind pictured something... naughty...

My job here is done! :dramallama-nanner:

8 minutes ago, Letgo said:

You have a valid point about forgiveness, but Jeremy did his sinful stuff relatively recently and publically. Plus, I doubt he has saved his first kiss (or anything else) for marriage to Jinger. I just can't imagine JB agreeing to let him court her. He does look good compared to Josh, but isn't his prior sin also evidence that he is easily seduced by that sin? And Josh is the firstborn of JB and Michelle so he is more "forgivable." Jeremy wants to marry one of their pure daughters! I'd have loved to be around when Jeremy was pitching his case to JB! How did he pull it off?!

These are people who claim Jesus will forgive any sin if you repent and work to not falter again. 

I don't see why they'd have an issue if Jeremy did those two things to be honest. I'd be surprised if Derick was a lip or hand virgin when he started courting Jill - it's possible, but still. 

I also can't help but wonder if they feel they can't be as picky now that the molestation news is out. The police reports made it pretty clear which four of the then five daughters were assaulted by Josh - Jill and Jessa both stepped forward because they were married (and didn't have to worry about being seen as damaged goods by possible suitors), but the remaining two never identified themselves (as is their right). Considering how highly they prize purity, I wouldn't be shocked if they felt they couldn't be as selective. 

Plus, he's a Pastor now. A Godly man of some sort of Church. That probably bears some weight to these people.

(And to be clear, I want to vomit writing that part about purity because its so fucked up.)

46 minutes ago, Letgo said:

Maybe Boob believes that is the best he can get for his damaged daughter?

Note: I do not consider Josh's victims to be damaged goods.

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

He was young got drunk and acted like an ass not the first or last to this no excuse but he's not done anything since so I'm not gonna hold it against him. What I care more about is how he treats Jinger and that he financially supports her and any future children.

I personally couldn't care less about one stupid incident like that when he was quite young. It's the fact that the Duggars think they are insanely above everyone else that makes it a snarkable factoid. At least he isn't a molester that we know of. Duggars don't set a very high bar anymore.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I totally forgot about that bit, and it's oddly perfect for this.

I would also like to envision them sitting around the dinner table eating off their plastic dishware, and Jeremy pulls out THE BOOK, "Cop Without a Badge." Dun dun dun! But, the Duggars don't encourage reading or higher learning, so that's not plausible.

39 minutes ago, Letgo said:

The guy is a pastor with a church.  He has a bit of "fame."  He is friends with Ben. Though not ATI, he was brought up Baptist and mostly home-schooled.  He has repented of his sins and he probably appeals to Jinger enough that she consented to the courtship. 

JB can't be too picky. There aren't millions of "pure" fundy guys who aren't total dorks, nerds or dweebs lining up to marry into the Duggar family.  

There probably was less concern about Jeremy's "purity" than there was about how he would defer to JB and play along with TLC.

1 hour ago, Letgo said:

1. Because Jesus forgives everything, don't you know?

2. Because even the "leghumpers for Jesus" are not exactly running en masse to Boob's door to join the dog & pony show

3. Because the guy is not too hideous looking, has been "vetted by Bin" (puke) who is Boob's minion, and generally has a good TV/brand image - "was blind but now I see" kind of thing.

54 minutes ago, season of life said:

I think JB is willing to overlook these unsavory details because Jeremy used to play professional soccer and he knows he needs a big courtship to continue the show and bring in cash. He'll pimp his kids out if it means more income, more fame, more magazine articles.

I also think Jim Bob knows the pickings are getting slimmer. You not only have to agree to be filmed (Jeremy seems to want fame so it is a plus) , deal with all the Josh fallout, and be a loyal solider of Jim Bob. I think Jim Bob realizes there are more girls like Anna , and Anna Marie Maxwell out there for his sons to marry then there are young men for his daughters.

There was a poster in the first threads who is/was acquainted with Jer's parents. It's been shown the father is very fundie regarding gender roles and whatnot. I'd like to know, where do the parents stand on alcohol and dancing? I figure Jeremy has put his drinking days behind him.

3 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

He had a BAC of .13, that's probably at least 8 stiff drinks for someone his size. He'd have to have a lot of "grape juice" at a Duggar Wedding to achieve that kind of buzz. Coincidentally, 8 stiff drinks is about how many I'd need to make it through a Duggar wedding.

Obviously people shouldn't be getting drunk and messing with cops, that's basically just asking to be arrested, but this isn't very scandalous. $250 fine. That's more real punishment than Joshley ever got for his crimes.

He got picked up for public intox. I'm guessing he didn't go to the U of I(Iowa) pretty much every student at the University got picked up for public intox at one point or another including my uptight uberconservative brother.  Anyone remember Vodka Sam from a few years ago, the undergrad who blew a .341 and was STILL WALKING. Now that is impressive a .13 isn't even drunk around here. 

2 hours ago, livinginthelight said:

Yeah, I'm really not seeing this as some major ESCANDALO. He was drunk, of an age to be drunk (not in the legal sense, but in the "you're old enough to make choices about alcohol" sense), and acted like a dickhead while drunk (though I will mention that he is damn lucky he's white, because I doubt a drunk black or Hispanic dude would get off so easily). As long as he doesn't drink anymore/drinks more responsibly and hasn't been in trouble with the law since, I shall leave my pearls un-clutched.

16 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Farming would seem right for working-side-by-side (and I suggest dairy farming because she seems to like cows),

Why do people think farming is so easy? (not you specifically, just in general.)  So easy that a completely inexperienced person can just team up with someone and be successful.  She would probably be mostly useless for the first couple of years and in his way.   As far as I know, she never even owned a dog, and they are pretty much push-button at this point - complete food you buy in a bag or can, vets well experienced in dogs are all over the place, if it's cold you can keep them in the house.  Cows, horses, sheep, and other livestock are a totally different thing, you got hooves to trim, shearing, certain diseases to watch out for, wolves to watch out for, vets are not in easy reach, etc.  And farming itself, you have to understand the soil, what kind of crops grow where, how to understand droughts, rotating crops, pests, and the like.  Did she ever even grow some tomatoes or anything?

I worked in a lucrative field and there was a trend for employees, after saving a lot, would retire and want to move out west and hobby-farm in retirement.  They figured, I'm well educated and knowledgeable in my field, those uneducated farmers can't know more than me.  And they would fail miserably in the first few years because they completely underestimated what it took to understand the land and animals.   Now we're assuming Jana's virtual husband-farmer will be well experienced, but she wouldn't add much to the mix except knowing how to make those prairie dresses.  So maybe that's what she wants, but it may be a pipe dream to imagine effectively working at his side, and anyway first that experienced farmer would have to want a girl like that in the first place.

16 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

someone who likes to be outside and work with his hands.

Didn't Ben fit this bill?  :)

3 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

My daughter worked at a bookstore when Fifty Shades came out, and she reported there were dozens of middle-aged and older women looking for the book and then moving on to the kids' section to buy something for the kids/grandkids.

A lot of modern romance (never mind erotica) is badly written.  I suspect it is because most of the audience isn't concerned with believable characters, plot or style. They just want the emotions.

ETA:. My daughter also reported that Amish Romances were the big sellers among the more conservative, "Christian" customers (though I don't think she meant fundies.  

I remember one analysis of the series explaining that it appealed much more to middle aged women that younger ones because it was written by a middle aged woman who wrote a college-aged protagonist that she related to. One example was how Anna got her first email account during the course of the book, ridiculous for girl her age but something that middle-aged women remember well. 

1 hour ago, Letgo said:

He has repented and is now a pastor.  Easy peasy.  He is not sewage in a glass of water - he has been washed clean in the Blood of the Lamb.

Get with the program.  It is only women who have to abase themselves for tempting men flirting, behaving like whores normal people, and indulging in the grape.  Women are forever tarnished - men get a clean slate. :roll:

18 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

He got picked up for public intox. I'm guessing he didn't go to the U of I(Iowa) pretty much every student at the University got picked up for public intox at one point or another including my uptight uberconservative brother.  Anyone remember Vodka Sam from a few years ago, the undergrad who blew a .341 and was STILL WALKING. Now that is impressive a .13 isn't even drunk around here. 

VODKA SAMM!!!!!! I'm an Iowa alum, class of 2009. My years in Iowa City were definitely my glory days. The shit I used to do in the bars at the ped mall, geez. It's a wonder I never got a PAULA (possession of alcohol under the legal age). PAULA, she's a real bitch. There's a reason Iowa was ranked the top party school in the nation for many years. During my senior year, I told my parents I was so happy to be graduating, simply for the fact that if kept living the way I was, my liver wouldn't survive another four years. And, I meant that. My motto was, if you're going to be doing something stupid, at least be smart about it. And, I was always up to  doing something stupid.

The more I think about it, the more I think Jana's "dirt under his nails" preference is pure fantasy rather than an actual preference based on knowing herself and her desires. What experience does Jana have of that type of life? The family is small town and in an area with (I think?) farms and such in the general vicinity, but even in their poor, super isolated days the family's lifestyle was always much closer to suburban than rural. The more telling of her comments was the not wanting to be home alone all day. She needs a small business owner that she could do the bookkeeping for. The dirt preference reminds me of when I used to read the pioneer woman's blog. A small part of my brain would read the anecdotes and see the pictures and think ranch life sounded fun. The part of my brain that actually knows me would say, "bitch, please."

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived