IGNORED

Fore!!! Jinger courts the Jock

SpoonfulOSugar

14 hours ago, season of life said:

Luminosity was one of the few Twilight fics I read. Bella was much more calculated and fascinating in that story.

That, plus its sequel Radiance, are the *only* stand-alone/non-crossover Twilight fanfiction works I've ever read, because they was recced by someone I trust in other fandoms. And yes, they actually fixed a lot of the issues that I have with Twilight. But at the same time, they made me far less interested in ever reading Twilight itself, since I'd always feel let down and frankly disturbed by canon!Bella.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Palimpsest! Don't know how I missed the earlier post...

Counting On will have to focus on Jinger and Jeremy, and their eventual kids. It will be interesting to see how long it will take for the adult Duggar kids to be married, as opposed to the Bateses.

12 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

The farmers around here work 12 + hour days when it is time.  She could possibly have a farmer at home all day if not in planting, spraying or harvesting months.  When it is crop time, all bets are off.  She *could* ride along in the farm equipment if she wanted to.

I was thinking home as in on their own property/nearby, so she could choose to follow him around or even learn how to do some of the work herself (not likely?). I didn't imagine that a farmer would actually be inside the house all day long. Lol! I come from a long line of farm families myself and grew up in a tiny town on the TN/AL border. Many people I graduated with do farm for a living, but I do see more than one of them post homemade lunches their wife brings out to them, pictures of their kids on tractors, eye. I figured all that would appeal to Jana, maybe.

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Oh, I didn't realize it was shape-shifter dinosaur erotica. I thought it was regular dinosaur erotica. You know, some Cretaceous period shit with a velociraptor and a t-Rex getting it on or something. Good to know, thanks! 

WHO FOUND MY DIARY?!?!?! That was personal and private!!!!!

:dramallama-nanner::output_eeMbjt::pb_cry:

3 minutes ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

Yup, restrictedsection.org. However, Reddit is telling me that it doesn't exist anymore :'(

Once upon a time, Branwen and Sims (not actual names) were college roommates working crap part-time jobs to make ends meet when they realized the erotica path was lucrative and paid pretty well. Upon doing research, they figured out that monster erotica was a growing field. Here's the link to their story, it's actually pretty cool; given their $$ estimates, if done correctly, one can live pretty comfortably off the self-published erotica business

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/10/qa-the-women-who-write-dinosaur-erotica.html  

Well, darn. I think I remember that site, but I was too young to want to venture in it much (middle/high school).

Well that's really weird. I did not expect that to actually be a thing. Just the logistics of it. What. Ow.

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Erma Gerd! It could only be better with zombies!  Ill fated Romeo and Juliet shape shifting zombie dinosaurs in a lush vegetation setting who don't know a meteor is approaching!  I could really start to like this. A LOT! 

Somebody please write this. 

What would fundie erotica be like? "Pastor Smith touched his new fiancé' hand. Shivers ran down her spine. She pulled her hand away as her mind filled with his impure thoughts of linking their hands together as they strolled down the street for all to see."

18 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I actually read Masters of the Universe

All I can interpret this as is that you read He-Man fan fiction?? Am I wrong? LOL

13 hours ago, Gossamer1 said:

I downloaded the first book when it first became popular. I found the writing so bad that I never made it to the dirty parts!

Can anyone who read it tell me if I actually missed out on anything?

Same happened to me with 50 Shades. Didn't make it to the sex bc it was so horribly written. This is all you need though... https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/340987215

41 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Well, darn. I think I remember that site, but I was too young to want to venture in it much (middle/high school).

Well that's really weird. I did not expect that to actually be a thing. Just the logistics of it. What. Ow.

Somebody please write this. 

What would fundie erotica be like? "Pastor Smith touched his new fiancé' hand. Shivers ran down her spine. She pulled her hand away as her mind filled with his impure thoughts of linking their hands together as they strolled down the street for all to see."

There's actually a genre called inspirational romance. I don't know much about it except it's supposed not have sex and Christianity has to play a part in the characters' lives. There's even Amish romance. I'm sure there has to be a fundie version out there.

25 minutes ago, twinmama said:

All I can interpret this as is that you read He-Man fan fiction?? Am I wrong? LOL

Same happened to me with 50 Shades. Didn't make it to the sex bc it was so horribly written. This is all you need though... https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/340987215

The original title of 50 when it was still just fanfic.

Yeah, I never got to the sex, either. I was done by the fourth mention of "inner goddess." Probably not the most egregious example of the horrible writing, but it made me grind my teeth, it was so annoying.

For anyone interested in a damn good read that is erotic, I highly recommend The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber. It's a 900+ page Late Victorian era saga detailing the lives of several characters, one of which is a prostitute trying to better her life.  It's 5 million times better than 50 Shades, and infinitely more intelligent.

26 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

For anyone interested in a damn good read that is erotic, I highly recommend The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber. It's a 900+ page Late Victorian era saga detailing the lives of several characters, one of which is a prostitute trying to better her life.  It's 5 million times better than 50 Shades, and infinitely more intelligent.

You got me with the length of the book + late Victoria era. Just bought it! (I fall easily for huge books...) Thanks for the tip! 

1 hour ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

That evil lesbian agenda is at it again! In Touch found information on Jeremy's arrest through FOIA.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo-criminal-record-106608

He had a BAC of .13, that's probably at least 8 stiff drinks for someone his size. He'd have to have a lot of "grape juice" at a Duggar Wedding to achieve that kind of buzz. Coincidentally, 8 stiff drinks is about how many I'd need to make it through a Duggar wedding.

Obviously people shouldn't be getting drunk and messing with cops, that's basically just asking to be arrested, but this isn't very scandalous. $250 fine. That's more real punishment than Joshley ever got for his crimes.

At least it isn't for something much more serious. But honestly, Boob has no standards for dudes. Derick, Ben, and Jeremy are not impressive. It makes me think that men can lose their virginity, get arrested, drink, leave their sensible jobs (all usually against their ideals), and can still court a Duggar daughter. Had Anna lost her virginity before marriage, I bet JB would turn her down immediately. 

7 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

He had a BAC of .13, that's probably at least 8 stiff drinks for someone his size. He'd have to have a lot of "grape juice" at a Duggar Wedding to achieve that kind of buzz. Coincidentally, 8 stiff drinks is about how many I'd need to make it through a Duggar wedding.

Obviously people shouldn't be getting drunk and messing with cops, that's basically just asking to be arrested, but this isn't very scandalous. $250 fine. That's more real punishment than Joshley ever got for his crimes.

I don't know why they act like this is such a huge unveiling. He said himself he went to jail for a night. I'm not saying you were overreacting, I'm talking about the tabloids. Hopefully someone can sneak in a flask to that party and can give him sips every once in a while.

1 hour ago, lascuba said:

There's actually a genre called inspirational romance. I don't know much about it except it's supposed not have sex and Christianity has to play a part in the characters' lives. There's even Amish romance. I'm sure there has to be a fundie version out there.

I read A LOT of Amish fiction in college. BEVERLY LEWIS Y'ALL. I have no idea why. I think because I like a good romance story but not anything too hard core. See my obsession with YA lit as well.

That being said, I did read the 50 Shades series. Mostly skimmed and read them all in like 3 days and then felt awful about it. Super gross. And a lot of people in the actual BDSM scene were outraged because it normalizes abusive behavior and calls it BDSM. 

img_1529.png

15 hours ago, luxfilia said:

I think Jana also said something about not wanting to be home alone all day. If her husband were a construction worker, etc., he wouldn't be home with her like a farmer could be. Not sure though.

I recall her saying she wanted someone she could work along side. I suspect that's why many are saying farmer since I'm sure there are some Gothard approved things a woman can do on a farm.

A $250 fine is more than the guy who attacked me with a knife got, haha.

Hey, if he's learned from his mistakes, I'm not going to count it against him. My cousin who is also very religious and a kind man has a felony (armed robbery) and it doesn't affect him now, outside of not being able to find a job easily. I'm glad it's not something worse.

Does anyone know if a mugshot was taken when he was arrested? Maybe he was going to be charged but instead God intervened and let him cool off in the drunk tank and they let him off with a fine instead.

We can do this guys, we can find a mugshot!!!! 

6 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

A redneck one would. We tell it like it is.

Bless your heart!  I will pray for you! :kitty-wink:

(I did say Southern "lady," -- not Southern woman.  I like to "tell it like it is" too.  That means I flunk the "lady" test-- and I am proud of it.)

2 hours ago, luxfilia said:

I was thinking home as in on their own property/nearby, so she could choose to follow him around or even learn how to do some of the work herself (not likely?). I didn't imagine that a farmer would actually be inside the house all day long. Lol! I come from a long line of farm families myself and grew up in a tiny town on the TN/AL border. Many people I graduated with do farm for a living, but I do see more than one of them post homemade lunches their wife brings out to them, pictures of their kids on tractors, eye. I figured all that would appeal to Jana, maybe.

I can see Jana plowing a field in a truck. Feeding the baby calves & attending a cow birth. Yes! Do it, Jana!

Well, it isn't anything we weren't expecting but it is good to know exactly what he did (instead of just "drinking" and "acting foolishly" or however Jer was spinning it). We do all make mistakes in college, I would tend to hope it is something he has genuinely learned from. I doubt it, since he seems to be cut from the same cloth as the Duggars and they clearly never learn from their mistakes. But we can hope.

5 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Our senior knitting group passed it around. Yes, seniors read that stuff, too. Boring. But then I skip the erotica in the Voyager books because I'm just interested in the story. I know how Lego's work.

My daughter worked at a bookstore when Fifty Shades came out, and she reported there were dozens of middle-aged and older women looking for the book and then moving on to the kids' section to buy something for the kids/grandkids.

A lot of modern romance (never mind erotica) is badly written.  I suspect it is because most of the audience isn't concerned with believable characters, plot or style. They just want the emotions.

ETA:. My daughter also reported that Amish Romances were the big sellers among the more conservative, "Christian" customers (though I don't think she meant fundies.  

52 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I just want all of this to lead to a dinner party where Michelle starts saying that there's "gotta be somethin' more than just soccer player, kissed another girl, got arrested", then Jeremy tells her to "PAY ATTENTION PUH LEASE", and then Michelle calls him a PROSTITUTION WHORE and flips the table while screaming in garbled Italian.

8 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I just want all of this to lead to a dinner party where Michelle starts saying that there's "gotta be somethin' more than just soccer player, kissed another girl, got arrested", then Jeremy tells her to "PAY ATTENTION PUH LEASE", and then Michelle calls him a PROSTITUTION WHORE and flips the table while screaming in garbled Italian.

ENGAGED 19 TIMES!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, twinmama said:

She-Ra and Skelator could have a little somethin-somethin going on the side. 

14 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

ENGAGED 19 TIMES!!!!!!!

I totally forgot about that bit, and it's oddly perfect for this.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived