IGNORED

Fore!!! Jinger courts the Jock

SpoonfulOSugar

Yes, I am mixing my sports metaphors.  Everything I considered in soccer came back to !! Scoooooooooooreeee!!! and that just didn't seem appropriate.  

Jinger Duggar has announced she is courting with former soccer player Jeremy Vuolo, now a pastor in Laredo, Texas.

But I think the thread has gone to salaries, Olympics, and sports in general . . . it seems as if we've covered the courtship pretty thoroughly . . . . .

Part three is here:

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least Jinger picked someone with a job and a likelihood of continuing to be employed, so maybe she learned something from observing her sisters' choices...

I wonder if Jinger will go live in Texas once they get married? It wouldn't be so far from her family that she wouldn't see them, but it would give her a little space to have an adult life with her husband.

To whoever said the last thing about Messi, Yes,  of course. He wants his sweeeeet barça money and to not pay taxes.

The last few posts were talking about fan fiction. Normally I hate when people make fun of fan fic writers. I think it takes guts to put something like that online....

but then there's My Immortal which is a farce....LOL. I completely forgot about that.

But back to Jinger and Gaston, - We need to start thinking of songs for them.

Noooo onnnnneee grifts like Gaston

No one preaches like Gaston

No one scopes out sheltered girls to mold like Gaston!

@HarleyQuinn, I would love to know who was behind that fanfic. 

I feel bad for people who will have to go through all the Jinger courtship threads in the future. We move fast.

Any guesses for when they get married? I'm thinking November or December 2016. If not by this year, I predict they will marry summer 2017.

I wrote Harry Potter fan fiction in college on hpff.com. It was actually halfway decent - mostly because I wrote about his parents' generation. Gave me the freedom to write what I wanted, while having a basic outline for what had to happen when.

The only fanfic I get a bit icked out about is the really graphic stuff involving actual people. If someone writes it just for fun and doesn't share it online that's one thing... But some fans take things way too far and get really obsessed with what they're writing. There's a very firm line that shouldn't be crossed and, unfortunately, a lot of people don't care about boundaries.

13 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I wrote Harry Potter fan fiction in college on hpff.com. It was actually halfway decent - mostly because I wrote about his parents' generation. Gave me the freedom to write what I wanted, while having a basic outline for what had to happen when.

The only fanfic I get a bit icked out about is the really graphic stuff involving actual people. If someone writes it just for fun and doesn't share it online that's one thing... But some fans take things way too far and get really obsessed with what they're writing. There's a very firm line that shouldn't be crossed and, unfortunately, a lot of people don't care about boundaries.

When I was really into Harry Potter fanfic back when it was more popular, I accidentally stumbled across a Harry Potter erotica website. There was one story with Ron and Winky as the pairing. The term "corralled" was involved. It was slightly scarring

I dabble in fan fiction writing when I have writer's block for my original pieces. I used to write about real people (specifically the members of My Chemical Romance), but now I just stick to fictional shows - The Young and the Restless, Call the Midwife, Harry Potter, etc. I publish on fanfiction dot net.

18 minutes ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

When I was really into Harry Potter fanfic back when it was more popular, I accidentally stumbled across a Harry Potter erotica website. There was one story with Ron and Winky as the pairing. The term "corralled" was involved. It was slightly scarring

I've heard there's sexual fanfics about the fucking sorting hat. There's people with weird tastes, ans then there's that

Ugh. Can't we discuss the topic.

So this guy spent a night in jail? His Dad is a pastor. He got to go to college. He got to play pro sports. Too bad Pistol Pete is out of the country and can't tell him to cut/run while there's still time.

I hope they do move to Texas asap and I hope the Church refuses to allow filming on the premises.

Jinger is more likeable than Princess Jill or Bitchy Jessa. I am anxious to see if there are Bates in the wedding.

Thread drift is a part of the culture here.

Not to mention, the topic is pretty much a :deadhorse: at this point.

3 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Jinger is more likeable than Princess Jill or Bitchy Jessa. I am anxious to see if there are Bates in the wedding.

She is starting to annoy me now that I am thinking of the clips where people were asking Jinger about whether she knew JD was dating (I hope I have everyone's name right.)  She looked all smug and said, you have to ask him. Another where she is a TH and the crew is asking her about whether she is dating and again kind of said something like, ha ha I know and you don't. Or you'll have to watch the show, or whatever.  I know that's not her words but now that they're stringing clips of her all together, I'm thinking, geez even middle schoolers have outgrown that.  She seems so smug.  Or just childish, I can't decide.  All she needs is the sing-songy voice.

11 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Ugh. Can't we discuss the topic.

If you don't like the drift just skip over those posts. People who want to talk about this topic will respond to you - those who don't will continue with the thread drift. No big deal. 

16 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I've heard there's sexual fanfics about the fucking sorting hat. There's people with weird tastes, ans then there's that

Well that's... Interesting... :pb_lol:

7 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Not to mention, the topic is pretty much a :deadhorse: at this point.

You really think the topic is dead?  With yet how many seasons and marriages and babies in the works?  With all the snark-able fodder out there I doubt the topic will stay dead.

Just now, anotherone said:

You really think the topic is dead?  With yet how many seasons and marriages and babies in the works?  With all the snark-able fodder out there I doubt the topic will stay dead.

Jinger courting?

The available information has been parsed, dissected and speculated on ad nauseum.

I have not read any posts in several days that offer anything new or insightful on the topic, sorry.

24 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

At a Harry Potter themed concert I went to once, one of the warmup acts was a dramatic reading of an erotic fic in which the monster in the lake near Hogwarts has sex with...the physical Hogwarts building. Hogwarts is super into it.

I personally love fan fiction, but for me to enjoy it, it either has to be really, really well-written, utterly ridiculous, or really, really bad.

4 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

At a Harry Potter themed concert I went to once, one of the warmup acts was a dramatic reading of an erotic fic in which the monster in the lake near Hogwarts has sex with...the physical Hogwarts building. Hogwarts is super into it.

I'm crying just by thinking about it :pb_lol:

I have to find that one. There's no way that was written for any purpose that wasn't to make me laugh

I've observed that Snape and Hermione seems to be a popular fan fic premise. I find it incredibly creepy.

I still haven't made my way through My Immortal. Maybe someday...

I don't typically like FF, but honestly, sometimes it seems like our speculations here veer into that territory, especially the ones that popped up during the Great megathreads of Josh's scandals and Jill's baby.

3 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Holy shit i found it

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3096379/1/First-Encounter

When you do it keep in mind that it was written by a guy and that he wrote it as a joke. It will help you feel less sorry for humanity

I read the first few chapters a year or two ago, but i just couldn't finish. It was very...confusing. Especially when Dumbledore and Snape were hanging outside of a window to watch the heroine and one of her boyfriends (Draco? Harry?) have sex.

I'm glad to hear it was meant as a joke though. This whole time I was envisioning a teenage girl with very poor writing skills and a creepily active imagination.

I'm surprised Jinger hasn't jumped on IG yet. I figured that would be her first course of courting action. 

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The last few posts were talking about fan fiction. Normally I hate when people make fun of fan fic writers. I think it takes guts to put something like that online....

but then there's My Immortal which is a farce....LOL. I completely forgot about that.

But back to Jinger and Gaston, - We need to start thinking of songs for them.

Noooo onnnnneee grifts like Gaston

No one preaches like Gaston

No one scopes out sheltered girls to mold like Gaston!

THanks A LOT....now that song is stuck in my head!!!!

18 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

Reminds me of Tina from Bob's Burgers

Any more news on a Jinger instagram? 

pretty sure we'll be waiting until the impending engagement...if it follows jilll and jessa

28 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Holy shit i found it

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3096379/1/First-Encounter

When you do it keep in mind that it was written by a guy and that he wrote it as a joke. It will help you feel less sorry for humanity

When you're talking about it being written by a guy, do you mean the linked fic "First Encounter" or "My Immortal"? I can't quite tell based on the way the quotes are showing up and being referred to in this thread, since the second comment in the above quote appears to refer to a quote from princessmahina in Fundie Bunny's original comment.

I hadn't seen the First Encounter one, so I can't comment on that. But to my understanding, fandom has never actually managed to conclusively determine if My Immortal really was just terrible Mary Sue MCR-inspired fic or an incredible parody, although the current assumption is parody. (See Fanlore: http://fanlore.org/wiki/My_Immortal_(Harry_Potter_story)).

3 hours ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

But I think the thread has gone to salaries, Olympics, and sports in general . . . it seems as if we've covered the courtship pretty thoroughly . . . . .

Just have to point out that there is only so much that can be said about a Duggar girl's courtship,. To save time, here are the key points that can be cut and pasted into future discussions. 

("He" refers to the guy. "J----" refers to the Duggar girl.)

• He is/isn't cute/hunky/dorky.
  • He is/isn't another wannabe(or real) preacher.
  • He does/doesn't have a job other than wannabe preaching.
  • He is/isn't too old /too young for J----.
  • He is/isn't the right height for J----.
  • He does/doesn't give good vibes.
  • He is/isn't new to fundie-ism. 
  • The Duggars hid/didn't hide him well.
  • JB had to approve, so "he" is clearly not going to be secular.
  • J---- does/doesn't look like she is really happy.
  • How long have they really been courting?
  • Maybe this will (not) be the one to rescue J----.
  • It can/can't be true love because(even though) it is an arranged marriage.
  • He is marrying a Duggar, so he can't be entirely right in the head.

Did I leave anything out?  :kitty-wink:

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived