IGNORED

Fore!!! Jinger courts the Jock

SpoonfulOSugar

14 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I wrote Harry Potter fan fiction in college on hpff.com. It was actually halfway decent - mostly because I wrote about his parents' generation. Gave me the freedom to write what I wanted, while having a basic outline for what had to happen when.

Ooh, I love Maurader's era fanfic!! I wrote some fanfic back in the day...like 2003? It was horrible. And I was young enough that when I got a friend to read it she gagged when I had Harry and Hermione KISS :pb_lol:

14 hours ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

When I was really into Harry Potter fanfic back when it was more popular, I accidentally stumbled across a Harry Potter erotica website. There was one story with Ron and Winky as the pairing. The term "corralled" was involved. It was slightly scarring

Harry Potter erotica website, you say? Hmm...

13 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I've heard there's sexual fanfics about the fucking sorting hat. There's people with weird tastes, ans then there's that

There is erotica about EVERYTHING. Years ago I got bored and just put random character names together or the weirdest combinations I could think of into the ff.net search and no matter what name combination I came up with there was a fanfic about that. Dumbledore and the Giant Squid. Fred and George. A particularly disturbing Ron and Dobby. Voldemort and Tom Riddle.

My Immortal is amazing to read aloud with friends. Also ha anyone ever listened to Potterotica? Don't. While I want to call all Harrt Potter erotica "Potterotica" someone mixed together the audio book of Order of the Phoenix to create the most graphic and disturbing erotica scene ever created between Harry and Umbridge.

And I would just like to add that I am so proud of all of you for bringing up Harry Potter erotica and My Immortal without me,  and so happy that I spend my time here with you people. 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Voldemort and Tom Riddle.

Soo... Voldy jerking off in the second floor girls's bathroom?

6 hours ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

That's what the dinosaur erotica biddies (Christie Sims & Alara Branwen) did and they are probably making more money than all of us. Though I've never read it (don't have a kindle), I think it falls into the "really bad and entertaining" category that another poster was talking about.

Wait, do you mean old authors or erotica about dinosaurs? 

I was just catching up on the prior thread, and someone said one of the Supernatural actors was really creeped out by fanfic about him. They've actually made fun of fanfic on the show. The main characters discover that there are books about their adventures which creeps them out enough, but then discover fans of the books write erotica about them, despite them being brothers.

15 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Ugh. Can't we discuss the topic.

So this guy spent a night in jail? His Dad is a pastor. He got to go to college. He got to play pro sports. Too bad Pistol Pete is out of the country and can't tell him to cut/run while there's still time.

I hope they do move to Texas asap and I hope the Church refuses to allow filming on the premises.

Jinger is more likeable than Princess Jill or Bitchy Jessa. I am anxious to see if there are Bates in the wedding.

What I worry about is whether Jinger will still be as likeable when she is allowed her own social media access. 

I used to like Jessa because she had some 'spunk' (well, as much as you can like these people), but it turns out that spunk just meant she was even more obnoxious about her views.....

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Except josh. I don't give a fuck if he leaves or not. He's still disgusting.

I want to free his wife and children.

Josh can rot for all I care though. 

5 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

You never heard of the bestselling shape-shifter dinosaur erotica?!

Also, the polite Southern "lady" doesn't ever really disagree with you overtly.  

A redneck one would. We tell it like it is.

9 hours ago, Gossamer1 said:

I downloaded the first book when it first became popular. I found the writing so bad that I never made it to the dirty parts!

Can anyone who read it tell me if I actually missed out on anything?

I could not bring it over myself to read the original but as I wanted to know what they were all making such a fuss about, I read a chapter per chapter summary of it online, including quotations. Although things were being alleviated somewhat by the snarky comments of the person doing the summary, I have to say that I had a very hard time of it. My main memory is one of anger and boredom – the heroine is so obnoxious. :angry-banghead:

On one hand, she´s thrilled and over the moon that this guy is so domineering and all, and on the other hand, she totally freaks out when he actually does what he has clearly announced before he would do. :pb_rollseyes: Wrong time or place or intensity or whatever, you soon stop caring. You constantly get the impression that Ana does not know at all what she wants, much less communicates about it in any way, shape or form. If the hero were not so very obviously a lifeless product of the author´s fantasies, I´d have felt more than once a strong urge to pity him as Ana seems to be permanently busy either guilt-tripping him or treating him like she was his therapist or his mom... Very erotic indeed...:pb_rollseyes:

I have taken the trouble to read the summary in order to better understand why this book was such a huge success, but, honestly, it has not helped me at all. :dontgetit:

Or maybe I just do not like the conclusions I am being drawn to? I am fine with it if people want to read soft SM erotica, hey, whatever floats their boat! But do they really have to be so badly written? :crying-green: Couldn´t they just be a bit more eerrm – technically solid from a writing point of view? Not asking for high literature here, obviously, just some tiny little basics of writing craftsmanship. Huh? Pu-leeease? :AOK:

I have to admit that I have a hard time getting over this point.

So, tl;dr: imho you have not missed anything because the „dirty parts“ are as annoying and an absolute waste of your time as the rest of it.

I found it on a holiday in a hotel. Tried to read it but I gave up after a few pages because I did not like the writing. (Like RosyDaisy.) Guess being not that interested in hetero sex doesn't help. I still have it, maybe I read it one day again just for fun with some alcohol involved. ;-)

13 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I think you're right... especially a dairy farmer for Jana. Just far enough from home that the rest of the family doesn't constantly come to visit, and of course on a small family dairy farm there pretty much IS no vacation or leaving without major planning. You can't just have anyone come take care of things, and the cows need milking twice a day, every day. 

You mean the older cows don't take care of the younger ones? LOL

3 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

You mean the older cows don't take care of the younger ones? LOL

Apparently I have Game of Thrones on my brain, because I read that as crows.  lol

13 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I think you're right... especially a dairy farmer for Jana. Just far enough from home that the rest of the family doesn't constantly come to visit, and of course on a small family dairy farm there pretty much IS no vacation or leaving without major planning.

There are Bontragers in need of wives although Mitch is a couple of years younger than Jana.  They own a dairy farm, a hotel, and she could still travel on a family bus because they obviously hire people to take care of the farm and hotel when they are on tour...

They are such good friends of the Duggar family, although Jim Bob couldn't remember how pronounce their last name.

http://bontragerfamilysingers.com/family.html

Our senior knitting group passed it around. Yes, seniors read that stuff, too. Boring. But then I skip the erotica in the Voyager books because I'm just interested in the story. I know how Lego's work.

1 hour ago, lascuba said:

You never heard of the bestselling shape-shifter dinosaur erotica?!

Oh, I didn't realize it was shape-shifter dinosaur erotica. I thought it was regular dinosaur erotica. You know, some Cretaceous period shit with a velociraptor and a t-Rex getting it on or something. Good to know, thanks! 

7 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Ooh, I love Maurader's era fanfic!! I wrote some fanfic back in the day...like 2003? It was horrible. And I was young enough that when I got a friend to read it she gagged when I had Harry and Hermione KISS :pb_lol:

Harry Potter erotica website, you say? Hmm...

There is erotica about EVERYTHING. Years ago I got bored and just put random character names together or the weirdest combinations I could think of into the ff.net search and no matter what name combination I came up with there was a fanfic about that. Dumbledore and the Giant Squid. Fred and George. A particularly disturbing Ron and Dobby. Voldemort and Tom Riddle.

My Immortal is amazing to read aloud with friends. Also ha anyone ever listened to Potterotica? Don't. While I want to call all Harrt Potter erotica "Potterotica" someone mixed together the audio book of Order of the Phoenix to create the most graphic and disturbing erotica scene ever created between Harry and Umbridge.

And I would just like to add that I am so proud of all of you for bringing up Harry Potter erotica and My Immortal without me,  and so happy that I spend my time here with you people. 

Yup, restrictedsection.org. However, Reddit is telling me that it doesn't exist anymore :'(

6 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Once upon a time, Branwen and Sims (not actual names) were college roommates working crap part-time jobs to make ends meet when they realized the erotica path was lucrative and paid pretty well. Upon doing research, they figured out that monster erotica was a growing field. Here's the link to their story, it's actually pretty cool; given their $$ estimates, if done correctly, one can live pretty comfortably off the self-published erotica business

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/10/qa-the-women-who-write-dinosaur-erotica.html  

4 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

There are Bontragers in need of wives although Mitch is a couple of years younger than Jana.  They own a dairy farm, a hotel, and she could still travel on a family bus because they obviously hire people to take care of the farm and hotel when they are on tour...

They are such good friends of the Duggar family, although Jim Bob couldn't remember how pronounce their last name.

http://bontragerfamilysingers.com/family.html

I think that may turn out to be a good guess!

I haven't kept up with the Counting On threads, but wonder if the consensus is that Jana has a "dirt under the fingernails" guy already in mind? It seems like such a random thing to say otherwise.

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Oh, I didn't realize it was shape-shifter dinosaur erotica. I thought it was regular dinosaur erotica. You know, some Cretaceous period shit with a velociraptor and a t-Rex getting it on or something. Good to know, thanks! 

This will keep me smiling for a looooong time. Now back to the original thread topic.  The Jinger/Wordly Hunk pairing reminds me of another FJ discussion.  This reminds me of the homeschooled SAHD (Meredith) who was courted by a super successful guy (Stephen Hammer).  According to Palimpsest in the Updates on Meredith thread:

FWIW, Stephen is a Princeton graduate (Classics) and a Rhodes Scholar (MA in Theology). He was converted from UU at Princeton and joined the ROTC. He was baptized as a Presbyterian while still at Princeton. He has ties to the Trinity Forum. 

He also was attending Harvard Law and may have graduated by now.  Just a big discrepancy between the educational level and life experience of the couple. Can't say it won't work, but just sayin'. 

Oh, and I hope Jinger will learn Spanish, because the majority of people in Laredo (a border town) will be be bi-lingual or solely Spanish speakers. From the 2013 US Census:  The metro area with the highest percentage speaking another language is Laredo, Texas.  

13 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Like Romeo and Juliet, but with dinosaurs!

there is amazing also fan fic regarding Gilmore Girls - all the characters

including the leads Scott Patterson and Lauren Graham snogger fic 

:D 

32 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Like Romeo and Juliet, but with dinosaurs!

Erma Gerd! It could only be better with zombies!  Ill fated Romeo and Juliet shape shifting zombie dinosaurs in a lush vegetation setting who don't know a meteor is approaching!  I could really start to like this. A LOT! 

Wait, didn't the Duggars already meet the Bontrager family? And didn't they make fun of their surname? Or am I just making things up?

22 minutes ago, Howl said:

Erma Gerd! It could only be better with zombies!  Ill fated Romeo and Juliet shape shifting zombie dinosaurs in a lush vegetation setting who don't know a meteor is approaching!  I could really start to like this. A LOT! 

If I had any writing talent at all I'd be all over this. This has "instant bestseller" written all over it.

Though lack of talent hasn't stopped a whole host of bestselling authors, so...:pb_lol:

3 minutes ago, lascuba said:

If I had any writing talent at all I'd be all over this. This has "instant bestseller" written all over it.

Though lack of talent hasn't stopped a whole host of bestselling authors, so...:pb_lol:

Yup, literally ill-fated, star-struck lovers. 

25 minutes ago, season of life said:

Wait, didn't the Duggars already meet the Bontrager family? And didn't they make fun of their surname? Or am I just making things up?

As I said above, the Bontragers were featured on one of the very early shows (before I stopped watching) and Jim Bob introduced them as very good friends - except he got their name wrong!

The Bontragers are IBLP/ATI to the hilt, like most of the "really good friends" of the Duggars featured on the show.  They are also reasonably talented musicians - unless they try to sing.  Or perhaps that is just me.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived