IGNORED

Fore!!! Jinger courts the Jock

SpoonfulOSugar

8 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm surprised Jinger hasn't jumped on IG yet. I figured that would be her first course of courting action. 

There is now a Jinger Vuolo IG account, as previously discussed, but so far there's no content, so no indication of whether it's legitimate or a fan account. "https://www.instagram.com/jingervuolo/ 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet we won't see her on Instagram until after the engagement is announced. And the first photo will be from a professional engagement photo shoot.

49 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Holy shit i found it

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3096379/1/First-Encounter

When you do it keep in mind that it was written by a guy and that he wrote it as a joke. It will help you feel less sorry for humanity

I thought this was just a theory and was never confirmed? Unless I missed something but I was very into my immortal in college. My friends and I would do dramatic readings and try to act it out. I was a writing major and I had some theatre major friends so as you can imagine we made quite the to-do over it.

Also, speaking of fanfic, I wrote fanfic in middle school but thankfully it got scrubbed. In college, one of my short story workshops had a girl who exclusively wrote Peyton Manning fanfic about how she met and married him. Most memorably was the one where they were in a car crash and lost their limbs (like I think he lost his legs and she lost her arms) and then they went on to have beautiful babies and live happily ever after and he somehow continued to play football without his legs.

ETA: I am PSYCHED that y'all know my immortal. I haven't thought of it in ages but now I gotta go listen to the youtube dramatic readings. Thanks guys.

I looked at the First Encounter fic. The author has only ever published in 2005 and 2006 and nothing recent. I feel so damn old. I was just a kid in 2005. I'm actually pretty upset with myself for not journaling earlier. I got a journal a few months after the year 2010 began and I don't have anything written down to chronicle 2009 or before.

I remember when I was younger, I was getting into fanfiction and I stumbled upon either a forum or a site and they were all dedicated Hermione/Draco shippers. They were all agreeing over how Hermione and Draco were meant to be together and I was like, Really? He called her a mudblood. It got me so mad, lol.

regarding Fan fic - The X files tv show has a huge community of fan fic of the characters of Mulder and Scully - some amazing writers

there are even websites devoted to fic of Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny but those people are called snoggers :D

31 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Just have to point out that there is only so much that can be said about a Duggar girl's courtship,. To save time, here are the key points that can be cut and pasted into future discussions. 

("He" refers to the guy. "J----" refers to the Duggar girl.)

• He is/isn't cute/hunky/dorky.
  • He is/isn't another wannabe(or real) preacher.
  • He does/doesn't have a job other than wannabe preaching.
  • He is/isn't too old /too young for J----.
  • He is/isn't the right height for J----.
  • He does/doesn't give good vibes.
  • He is/isn't new to fundie-ism. 
  • The Duggars hid/didn't hide him well.
  • JB had to approve, so "he" is clearly not going to be secular.
  • J---- does/doesn't look like she is really happy.
  • How long have they really been courting?
  • Maybe this will (not) be the one to rescue J----.
  • It can/can't be true love because(even though) it is an arranged marriage.
  • He is marrying a Duggar, so he can't be entirely right in the head.

Did I leave anything out?  :kitty-wink:

Make this up as a poll, post it on every "Courting" thread when it is first announced, and we would have no need for mega thread after mega thread!

I think you captured it well!  *throws bouquets of approval*

I dabbled in all sorts of fan fiction in high school in the early 2000's. My friends and I wrote a ton of Moffatts (a Canadian boy band made up of 4 brothers) that we would pass back and forth. We definitely inserted ourselves into the stories, but never put anything online. I wrote a lot of TV fanfic about Everwood and the OC that I used to publish on fanfic.net. My specialty was Prince William and Harry fic. I belonged to website that only posted royalty fanfiction and it was the centre of my 15 year old world. I found some when I moved a few years ago. Totally  cringe worthy.  

I used to read so much BSB fanfic. Back when they were written on websites like angelfire and geocities. I'm really not that old lol

Hey everyone,

I'm new (first post). When I saw a photo of Jeremy on here I thought I remembered him from somewhere..and He was in fact at Bin's and Blessa's Babyshower...(Counting on , Babyshower and a new home). If this has been mentioned before sorry (I didn't read every page in all previous threads:)) He is only featured shortly while shopping crap for the baby food contest!

I have over the last month enjoyed reading the threads here on FJ! You are truly an interesting, encouraging and funny group of people! See you around!

counting_on.png

I've never actually read any fan fic, however I had a friend who became obsessed with the Mortal Instruments series(not fanfic) and insisted I read it. I got through the first two books and I just kept thinking about how much it reminded me of Harry Potter. I had a quite of list of all the similarities. I ended up re-reading HP instead of finishing Mortal Instruments. Then a few months later I learned that the author of Mortal Instruments used to write Harry Potter fanfic and had quite the following (she wrote mostly about Draco I think?). 

*Ironically, that friend that insisted I read that series had never read HP and I couldn't convince her to :pb_rollseyes:

53 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

When you're talking about it being written by a guy, do you mean the linked fic "First Encounter" or "My Immortal"? I can't quite tell based on the way the quotes are showing up and being referred to in this thread, since the second comment in the above quote appears to refer to a quote from princessmahina in Fundie Bunny's original comment.

<snip>

My Immortal was written by a girl. Internet lore tells us that she's from my state, like a town over from where I'm from/live. Though I don't think her exact identity is known, and my guess is she isn't rearing to reveal that she's the author.

10 minutes ago, epic fail said:

Hey everyone,

I'm new (first post). When I saw a photo of Jeremy on here I thought I remembered him from somewhere..and He was in fact at Bin's and Blessa's Babyshower...(Counting on , Babyshower and a new home). If this has been mentioned before sorry (I didn't read every page in all previous threads:)) He is only featured shortly while shopping crap for the baby food contest!

I have over the last month enjoyed reading the threads here on FJ! You are truly an interesting, encouraging and funny group of people! See you around!

counting_on.png

Excellent catch! I didn't think to look in early episodes of Counting On to see if he was there.

13 minutes ago, epic fail said:

Hey everyone,

counting_on.png

Was this also the guy who "bought" Jinger's car?

2 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Jinger is more likeable than Princess Jill or Bitchy Jessa. I am anxious to see if there are Bates in the wedding.

Don't worry I am sure she won't disappoint! Pretty soon the Boob will surrender his authority and the the real Jinger will be unleashed. The Good Lord knows what treats we are in for!

46 minutes ago, epic fail said:

Hey everyone,

counting_on.png

Well spotted! An excellent first offering at the altar of FJ.

8 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

Don't worry I am sure she won't disappoint! Pretty soon the Boob will surrender his authority and the the real Jinger will be unleashed. The Good Lord knows what treats we are in for!

So, if she starts posting really narrow-minded stuff,:omg: is this forum prepared to chang from being titled FreeJinger to FreeUsfromJinger?

1 hour ago, epic fail said:

Hey everyone,

counting_on.png

Damn, good eye! You know, people on here have said they will pass judgement when Jeremy is on TV, but he's already had a cameo and he's quite comfortable in front of a camera. He'll probably be less awkward than Ben. If not, more snark fodder.

I'm going to be sad if Jinger starts posting ignorant shit. This site was named in her honor and there has been documentation of her spunky younger self. 

Free Joy! 

10 minutes ago, season of life said:

I'm going to be sad if Jinger starts posting ignorant shit. This site was named in her honor and there has been documentation of her spunky younger self. 

Free Joy! 

Free Jana, Free JD, Free Joseph, Free anyone please for the love of god free anyone...

Hmm now I want to go back and watch the baby shower scenes on Counting On to see if Jinger and Jer are side hugging.

5 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Free Jana, Free JD, Free Joseph, Free anyone please for the love of god free anyone...

I think lots of people want to free Jana. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived