IGNORED

Jinjer 1: Courting

Yaoichan12

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It makes me sad when another one courts. I still see them as the little kids on the show when I first started watching, also because jinger is the same age as me and I could not see myself dating/marrying a 28 year old. 

Also this time next year she could be pregnant and I just can't deal with that. I have had a soft spot for jinger

10 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

So I've been working all day and I come back to this news.

On the one hand: he's pretty darn hot. Git it gurl.

On the other: He's 6 years older than she is and much more worldly/accomplished. I'm getting some major "I want a completely pliable and subservient fembot for a wife whom I can dominate and control financially, intellectually, and emotionally" vibes off of him. Kinda ruins the hotness.

I think it's interesting that we are all wondering what he wants with her, but no one really cares or knows what she wants with him. The Duggar girls all seem so void of individuality or personality that their list of wants in a spouse are all just a godly man.

Edited because I want to point out it's not just the Duggar girls that have no individuality or personality, the boys don't either.

1 minute ago, twinmama said:

I think it's interesting that we are all wondering what he wants with her, but no one really cares or knows what she wants with him. The Duggar girls all seem so void of individuality or personality that their list of wants in a spouse are all just a godly man.

Totally this. We don't even discuss what the girl's want because we know that they have been brainwashed to want the same things from guys. He need to be godly, respectful, able to finance a family. You could list all the character traits they are searching for on your fingers. 

Just now, twinmama said:

The thing is, I would love to know what a Duggar girl, especially Jinger, really wants in a man, but like you implied, they've all had their personalities beaten out of them to the point where they can only drone about wanting a godly guy just like their dear ol' dad (you know, the man who beat them with plumbing line, let their brother sexually assault them, and dry-humps their mother in public like a horny Chihuahua).

Side note: I am seriously considering putting "swipe left if you don't dry-hump everything you see like a horny Chihuahua" in my Tinder profile.

5 minutes ago, twinmama said:

I think it's pretty obvious what she wants in him. He's hot, he's athletic, he's very well educated and has what is a "desirable" career for a fundie. He does have a lot of positives, if you look at it from a fundamental Christian angle.

1 minute ago, Slt said:

I think it's pretty obvious what he wants in him. He's hot, he's athletic, he's very well educated and has what is a "desirable" career for a fundie. He does have a lot of positives, if you look at it from a fundamental Christian angle.

Are athletic and educated even positives in their world view? A hot godly man is kind of the best they can do.

Jessa posted about the courtship on instagram and she didn't tag any instagram for Jinger the way she did when Josiah announced his courtship so I'm assuming Jinger has not made one yet and the ones mentioned here are fake.

1 minute ago, MorningMist said:

Totally this. We don't even discuss what the girl's want because we know that they have been brainwashed to want the same things from guys. He need to be godly, respectful, able to finance a family. You could list all the character traits they are searching for on your fingers. 

I don't think the Duggar girls have done so well in this department.  

Can't speak for this one, but Derick quit (or was fired from) a decent job with benefits to go on a praycation, and Ben is well Ben and cleans his FIL's toilets.

Just now, twinmama said:

Are athletic and educated even positives in their world view? A hot godly man is kind of the best they can do.

It's not because most people in their circles are NOT those things. However, when they come along (i.e. Stephen and Meredith Hammer with his education) it's drummed up as a mighty positive thing. They don't want their own children to be worldly, but they sure like to brag when their daughter's husband to be is intelligent! 

Just now, 19 cats and counting said:

I don't think the Duggar girls have done so well in this department.  

Can't speak for this one, but Derick quit (or was fired from) a decent job with benefits to go on a praycation, and Ben is well Ben and cleans his FIL's toilets.

The men in their lifestyle are SO hamstrung by all of it though. They can't get real educations, they can't have a regular job working for a possible gay person/woman/Catholic/green haired person, but they have to have a million kids and a stay at home wife. That's gotta be some awful stress since they are really set up to fail miserably if JB doesn't just dole out cash.

I'd bet on this being in the case of Jinger a school girl crush kind of thing and before she realises that that's all it is she'd already be married. I hope I'm wrong though, I really do.

Just now, MorningMist said:

I'd bet on this being in the case of Jinger a school girl crush the of thing and before she realises that that's all it is she'd already be married. I hope I'm wrong though, I really do.

Sounds like Jessa. I still feel bad for her being stuck for all eternity to Ben the manchild.

4 hours ago, CreationMuseumCurator said:

To be fair, he doesn't seem too jazzed about the announcement video, either. He looks at Jinger sweetly when he says he's excited about the journey together, but his voice goes a little flat when he says "And for you to join us along the way." Maybe I'm reaching here.

Maybe it's like in Jane Eyre, where she left Rochester and came to live with St. John who wanted to marry her to take her with him to India, even though he didn't love her and just wanted a wife that would be good enough for a missionary.  It seems these types would get married just to have a woman that could fulfill the part of missionary wife.

Why does the life of the Duggars always remind me of the plot in some Victorian book?

5 minutes ago, twinmama said:

The men in their lifestyle are SO hamstrung by all of it though. They can't get real educations, they can't have a regular job working for a possible gay person/woman/Catholic/green haired person, but they have to have a million kids and a stay at home wife. That's gotta be some awful stress since they are really set up to fail miserably if JB doesn't just dole out cash.

But there's evidence of other men in their lifestyle actually working (at least figuratively).  

It is almost like Kim Jong Boob wants his sons in law to be the Haredi men of the IBLP world (for those unfamiliar with the Haredi, the men study the Torah all day while having large families).  It seems like Derick, Ben, and now Jeremy are focusing on studying for preaching. 

He's good looking, but as other posters have stated newly fundies tend to be quite extreme. Little worried for Jinger that he might be too fundie. Jinger has never struck me as wanting to leave the fold so I imagine her marriage will be similar to her single life. Glad he lives in an urban area; hope they continue to live away from the Duggars. 

Do these fundie ministers study Divinity or go to Seminaries? Maybe he has a soccer team to bring in disadvantaged youth. 

Hopes for Jinger and Jeremy

1. They love and respect each other.

2. They live independently.

3. Give their children nice names.

4. Are not adverse to giving their children a  solid education. (School, co-op, internships, college, university)

5. They get married and are not featured on the tv show.

Jim Bob's main criteria seems to be ministry and he ignores all the other pesky details of what will make a good marriage for his daughters.

Guest LilaFowler

Jinger looks so young compared to him. Anyway, all the Arndt men will be married off before Jana does. And we all know the Arndt men will never be married off. 

He asked Jim Bob permission to get to know Jinger in December 2015?! That seems so long ago

Their relationship name could be JinJer  laws have mercy. 

I think he gives off the manipulative/controlling jock vibe, I just don't trust him. I mean I love jocks, hello Filip, Calle, Matty, Roman and Joey. Something just seems way off with him in domineering, emasculated way. 

What's up with them all being preachers and such? It's not like Jim Bob has a ministry, unless they really do see their dumb ass tv show and fame as their ministry. Like someone said earlier, if they want to be preachers or have a ministry (whatever the fuck that really means, posting bible verses on Instagram?) they need to spread out around the country. Bumblefuck Arkansas can only take so many.

From his blog: 

Ben called a buddy of his to see if there was anything going on for them to do while in San Antonio for the evening but, providentially, that buddy of his was working.

It's like When the Educated Go Fundie!

2 minutes ago, habert said:

interestingly enough, his link to Instagram leads to the duggar's

Seems pretty confident he's already part of the family, and I betcha he will be very soon

He has been fully absorbed by the Duggar's. The only links on his blog are to Duggars. I was wrong. I couldn't picture an educated man who had lived being happy in Duggarville. He actually seems to have sought it out and run after it with guns blazing. Maybe a failed soccer career destroyed his spirits so much he will happily marry a young girl from a fundie family without a mind of her own, and a father who pays the bills for his married daughters and their boy/husbands. After reading his blog, that seems to be exactly the case.

I'm sad. I really didn't think there were that many people like that in the world. But, I guess for a free ride in life, unscrupulous men will jump on the religion bandwagon.

"a humble, meek, modest, intelligent young woman with a burning desire to sacrificially serve the Lord in any way she could."

Sounds like a passionate romance  :pb_rollseyes:

What kind of man seeks out a "meek" woman? Sounds like the trophy wife comments are spot on

• dawbs locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived