IGNORED

Jinjer 1: Courting

Yaoichan12

I'm only on page 13 but am amused by this. It took, oh, three or so posts to go from excitement about this seemingly more worldly guy, to disappointment and concern that he is a card carrying Kool-Aid drinking fundie. A former sinner! A friend of Bin!  Not too bad looking until he opens his mouth to spout his Jesus stuff.  

We hated that Bin was too young but we aren't sure if Jeremy is too old. But, hey, it's nice to have an FJ party in a Duggar thread. It's been a long time.  

I really like Jinger.  She seems pretty cool. I really hope she knows him well. And that she loves him. 

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the his website, posted upthread, he already made a trip to Central America with the Duggars. 

Soon after this visit, I joined the Duggars on a ministry trip to Central America where Jinger and I had the opportunity to serve the Lord together with the team. 

Stop taking this picture!  Nobody wants to see it and I hate how JB always seems like he's gripping her arm to keep her from bolting. 

creepy.jpg

9 minutes ago, Markie said:

He has Business Admin and Finance degrees. Why, oh why? ...

Running a mega church is big business. 

7 hours ago, freethemall said:

Let's not get our hopes up - Derrick graduated from a university too, and both him and Ben seemed normal and like they might save the girls when we first met them...and boy were we wrong. Jeremy has already ditched soccer for "ministry".

Yeah yeah someone has to shit on the parade.

To the bolded: Ben never seemed normal.

Laredo is only an 8 hour drive to big sandy.  The Duggars are moving south!  DerJill can set up shop just over the mexican border to continue converting catholics, Josh and Anna can repent under the watchful eye of TFDW, and Jinger and Jessa can get a nice attached house in Laredo and be besties again!

24 minutes ago, karen77 said:

For the record, a lot of the MLS players don't make THAT much, like between 40k and 80k, depending, only a few make more. I have not idea what his salary is though.

Yes, and most lead very normal lives after they retire. I know 4 ex- MLS players. One owns a shop, two coach youth soccer, and another has a regular job. The live nice middle class lives with nice families, and play soccer in local men's over 40 leagues.

ETA: My intentions are not to downplay thier accomplishments. Many pro soccer players here in the states go on to regular lives is my point.

4 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Jeremy can preach, I wonder if he went to seminary. Finally an articulate Duggar! I hope Jinger picks up on some of his speech like Jessa did with Ben.

I think that as a faithful Christian, he wanted a girl not influenced by secularism and other ebil mainstream things. You can't get more righteous and sheltered than a Duggar girl. Also, his sermons seem more biblically based that some of the weird shit that other fundie pastors spout. 

I also think JB will have more influence over Jeremy than we think. According to Wikipedia his salary is only $44,000 (2012). That's not a lot of money. Plus, he has to play nice if he wants to marry Jinger. If Boob changes his mind, all bets are off! 

I'd go to his church, though. He's hot!  

I think that was his salary when he was still playing soccer. Who knows what he makes as a storefront preacher? But his income will now be subsidized by People money, as well as some proceeds from J&J:CO for as long as that show lasts. 

5 minutes ago, mallallory said:

Stop taking this picture!  Nobody wants to see it and I hate how JB always seems like he's gripping her arm to keep her from bolting. 

creepy.jpg

Damn. For putting major rules in play over touching the dude is really squashing Jinger. It's like a fundie sandwich made out of misogynistic bread. 

Yeah regarding the pictures of Josiah and Marjorie, who left enough space for the Holy Spirit, JinJer is standing really close and that's definitely not a side hug *insert shocking face*

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Damn. For putting major rules in play over touching the dude is really squashing Jinger. It's like a fundie sandwich made out of misogynistic bread. 

One can only hope there is some ass grabbing going on behind Jinger, or at least maybe some hand holding :) All while JB and M smile at the camera!

Also, you can't see her ring finger....hmmm.

I'm honestly surprised JB let JinJer sit alone in the back seat very close like that. They could've been holding hands when JB had his eyes on the road! *gasp*

Wait a minute, didn't the People magazine piece say that they met on a mission trip in the Philippines?

That isn't what the Jeremy luvs Jinger courtship page sez: http://www.jeremyvuolo.com/courting/ 

Lying is a sin, you guys!

PS Jeremy only played MLS soccer a few years. He did not get rich off it.

6 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I believe my identity needs to be in something that never changes: Jesus Christ. For me, it begins and ends with finding my identity in Christ and not in my on-field skills, not in relationships I have, not in my accomplishments or in the way people perceive me. I know my identity is found in the person of Jesus Christ – who He is, what He did for me, and the unconditional love He has shown for me. 

If your identity is JC ONLY, then why get married?

http://dailyorange.com/2013/04/former-syracuse-goalkeeper-vuolo-balances-religion-pro-soccer-career/

Sorry if I missed someone posting this but gag.

Vuolo said he wanted to glorify God through his play on the field.

“And the sports psychologist would always question me and say, ‘Yeah, OK. I’m buying that a little bit, but I think there’s more to it than that,’” Vuolo said. “And he’d say, ‘I think you want more money and I think you want more fame and I think you want more attention and approval.’”

The former Syracuse goalkeeper, who played for the Orange in 2010, insisted he didn’t. But as the 2012 season wore on and he slipped further and further down the Red Bulls depth chart, Vuolo stopped being able to deny his more selfish motivations.

“Long story short, the Lord began systematically humbling me in ways that I didn’t think were possible to be humbled in such a way,” Vuolo said.

His desires for personal glory and to promote his faith were “waging war on each other.”

He does not seem like a prize.

1 minute ago, jozina said:

http://dailyorange.com/2013/04/former-syracuse-goalkeeper-vuolo-balances-religion-pro-soccer-career/

Sorry if I missed someone posting this but gag.

He does not seem like a prize.

I'm not sure what a depth chart is (surely it's not something to do with their emotional/mental depth?), but I have to laugh at him blaming God for him not doing as well. 

14 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I think that was his salary when he was still playing soccer. Who knows what he makes as a storefront preacher? But his income will now be subsidized by People money, as well as some proceeds from J&J:CO for as long as that show lasts. 

Hate to mention this, but after the wedding, it can be: Jill, Jessa and Jinger: Counting On.

And if all goes as planned by JB,  it may someday be: J, J, J, J, J,J, J, J and Josie: Counting On.  

Don't want to add any more fuel to the fire/ rumour mill but have you all check out Lawson's latest tweets...I can't tell if he's been all like 'haha you though we were dating', shady/bitter about it all or if it's completely unrelated. I'm not the only one who commented on it though, seems a lot of people think it's related to 'JinJer'.

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

So, with his name starting with a J, you think they'll go the J names? 

Please no.  You would think Jinger of all people (the Duggar with the most unfortunate name) would avoid them like the plague.

19 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

Yes, and most lead very normal lives after they retire. I know 4 ex- MLS players. One owns a shop, two coach youth soccer, and another has a regular job. The live nice middle class lives with nice families, and play soccer in local men's over 40 leagues.

ETA: My intentions are not to downplay thier accomplishments. Many pro soccer players here in the states go on to regular lives is my point.

To be fair, MLS 15-20 years ago is different than MLS now.

• dawbs locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived