IGNORED

Jinjer 1: Courting

Yaoichan12

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Bushes of Love said:

I don't think I'm in a position to worry about the age gap. I'm 11 years younger than my boyfriend (I'm nearly 31 and he is 42), we got together when I was 27 and he was 38. That said, when I was 27 I was married, divorced, university educated, had a good job and had been out of my parents house for 7 years. Even though she is 22, Jinger is for all intents and purposes a teenager.

In my opinion, it is completely not about the years separating two people. It's the life separating them. Jinger's done absolutely nothing. A little travel, but no Independence at all. He's had an adult life, she hasn't lived more than a semi-well traveled 13 year old.

32 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

this response to a comment on the people article is so funny that I thought I would share :pb_lol:

209920cac7687adf68d04f8d217640fc.png

Mea culpa.  Think I hit the down button in error because  i was laughing so hard about tumbleweeds.

this is what happens when you are at work and don't pay attention yet post anyway 

this has been going on SINCE LAST May - not last month

so in March when she was asked - she was already into him 

this guy is skeevy

and I hate that this makes Jessa happy :D 

16 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Granted that anyone who voluntarily dates a Duggar is a little nuts . . . But what else can any of these girls hope for other than someone who will "voluntarily date a Duggar"?

Is the only acceptable partner for a Duggar girl someone who will not want to date her because she is a Duggar?   We have a bit of a paradox here.     !:confusion-seeingstars:

I think best case is someone who wants to date one of them but won't put up with the JB shenanigans. Courtship instead of dating, asking daddy's permission to get to know his adult daughter, etc. How damn weird is it to ask an adult's father to GET TO KNOW her?? Not get married to, not get engaged, but just to get to know her! Also maybe someone who isn't a fame whore whose "getting to know a Duggar" status is plastered all over People magazine.

As someone who is only a few years younger than Jinger, yes Jeremy is VERY attractive, but I'd feel weird dating (or courting) with that big of an age gap. 

On another note, I find it hilarious that his last name is based off the world "want" in Italian

For the record, a lot of the MLS players don't make THAT much, like between 40k and 80k, depending, only a few make more. I have not idea what his salary is though.

7 minutes ago, The limit does not exist said:

GUYS! This is the precurser to a Jana and Tim Tebow courtship!!

They are testing out the "former pro athlete marries a Duggarette and they have a ministry" model!

he's not only Duggar approved but Duggar orchestrated 

methinks JB sees him as an ace in the hole to start helping rebrand all of Duggarville since Jill and Jessa so clearly failed to do so

good work gang this was fun

4 minutes ago, Slt said:

The phone number on his contact page is the same as the Duggar's media request number. This is a 100% Duggar made page. 

The punctuation and weird use of large words are also a dead giveaway.

I am surprised by the copyright wording over all the pictures! I'm sure they'll give written permission to pretty much any magazine or tabloid that asks for it but it's odd since the other Duggar sites don't have it.

6 minutes ago, Slt said:

The phone number on his contact page is the same as the Duggar's media request number. This is a 100% Duggar made page. 

This is what I meant to quote ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Jim Boob approved him because his name starts with a J!

I kinda wish it was Jana announcing a courtship. Something is wrong. If it were me I would be mad and sad that my younger sisters got to leave the TTH and have sex before me.

I think this guy wants to be some high rolling preacher in a mega church getting rich off parishioners with his perfect camera ready meek trophy wife forever on his arm. Barf.

12 minutes ago, SpunkySpurgeonette said:

I'm sitting here wondering if there's something wrong with me--I don't find him hot at all.  He's tall...I'll give him that, but he's not very appealing to me.

He isn't hot. But compared to Derick and Ben....

1 minute ago, Hiddenomaha said:

He isn't hot. But compared to Derick and Ben....

He's got muscles he can flex

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think this guy wants to be some high rolling preacher in a mega church getting rich off parishioners with his perfect camera ready meek trophy wife forever on his arm. Barf.

Funny that this makes us all want to barf, but I bet this is exactly what Jinger is looking for in a spouse/marriage!! Sadly.

How old were the others when they married? I know Anna had just turned 20 when she got engaged, so I assume she married that year. Trying to figure out who'll have the most kids of the ones who are already married (and Jinger). I'm actually stunned Jill didn't get pregnant when Iz was like 4 months.

Just now, twinmama said:

Funny that this makes us all want to barf, but I bet this is exactly what Jinger is looking for in a spouse/marriage!! Sadly.

How old were the others when they married? I know Anna had just turned 20 when she got engaged, so I assume she married that year. Trying to figure out who'll have the most kids of the ones who are already married (and Jinger). I'm actually stunned Jill didn't get pregnant when Iz was like 4 months.

Jessa married days before she turned 22.  Ben was 19.

I want to say Jill was 23 and Derick 25 but I could be wrong.

He is easy on the eyes. Im sure it's ruined when he opens his mouth. He clearly had social media and some sort of internet presence before this, so where has it all mysteriously vanished to!

Just now, 19 cats and counting said:

Jessa married days before she turned 22.  Ben was 19.

I want to say Jill was 23 and Derick 25 but I could be wrong.

Oh ok, so Jinger really isn't any earlier than them. 

From Jeremy's website:

" At a very young age he made the conscientious decision that he wanted to become a professional soccer player."

Did he learn to write like that in college?  Sounds like classic SOTDRT.

Cozy with JB approval, Jer and JBs are buds Jinger is a gift Jer will gain fame and JB will get back control of his brand with his new favorite son

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, twinmama said:

Eh, people have left worse situations than growing up Duggar and made it work. I'm sure they'll always have a bit of damage from it even if they leave, but they aren't shackled in a shed away from all of society. They've traveled, they can read, they have a source of income if they want to write a book or whatever about their "real" life. I'm sure they are in a MUCH better place to leave fundiedom than a lot of people their age.

Plus they live in the south where you can work at Chick Fil A or Target and still afford to live a relatively normal life on that income.

I wouldn't go that far. My boyfriend works at Target (we live in the Deep South) and doesn't make enough to be able to move out of his mother's apartment (or to qualify to pay on his student loans)-- and that's with a "side hustle" that gets him an extra ~$200 a month. I certainly wouldn't want to try to support a family, or a spouse, on that kind of salary.

40 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

How does a pro player not have a fb page, even a fan page? And he is 28, how the hell has he avoided having a personal fb page? I have friends without fb but that is the over 38 crowd!

https://www.facebook.com/Jeremy-Vuolo-151108611624125/?nr

Looks like a very dead fan/official page pre-Duggar insanity, not that there's much there.  A few visitor posts and some defunct Finnish links.

• dawbs locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived