IGNORED

Jinjer 1: Courting

Yaoichan12

2 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

He has been fully absorbed by the Duggar's. The only links on his blog are to Duggars. I was wrong. I couldn't picture an educated man who had lived being happy in Duggarville. He actually seems to have sought it out and run after it with guns blazing. Maybe a failed soccer career destroyed his spirits so much he will happily marry a young girl from a fundie family without a mind of her own, and a father who pays the bills for his married daughters and their boy/husbands. After reading his blog, that seems to be exactly the case.

I'm sad. I really didn't think there were that many people like that in the world. But, I guess for a free ride in life, unscrupulous men will jump on the religion bandwagon.

It's also interesting that this blog looks so new and his facebook looks so new.

All timed with the announcement...

Smells like branding

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, habert said:

It's also interesting that this blog looks so new and his facebook looks so new.

Smells like branding

Of course it is. They started this circus in December. The announcement comes out at the same time his social media 'presence' comes out. Buying, selling, branding - it's the Duggar way. 

He's JB's ticket 'back'!  Can't have a wedding without Daddy kissing the bride!  And Michelle flashing back to her wedding!

4 minutes ago, ElegantMajesticPearls said:

"a humble, meek, modest, intelligent young woman with a burning desire to sacrificially serve the Lord in any way she could."

Sounds like a passionate romance  :pb_rollseyes:

What kind of man seeks out a "meek" woman? Sounds like the trophy wife comments are spot on

A week, egotistical  man who is afraid of women with a backbone 

24 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Can't speak for this one, but Derick quit (or was fired from) a decent job with benefits to go on a praycation, and Ben is well Ben and cleans his FIL's toilets.

Praycation, paid for by TLC. 

2 minutes ago, habert said:

Smells like branding

How does a pro player not have a fb page, even a fan page? And he is 28, how the hell has he avoided having a personal fb page? I have friends without fb but that is the over 38 crowd!

It completely smells like branding and scrubbing before announcement.

Sigh remember the good ol days (yesterday) when our worst fear for Jinger was that she was going to end up with camera whore pretty boy Lawson Bates. Little did we know we had a control freak minister lurking in the shadows. :pb_rollseyes:

Looking at Jessa and Bins's youtube channel, the first video with Jeremy is dated as a year old. So that means JinJer could be through the 'getting to know you' and courtship phase if their relationship is happening in Duggar Time TM. I smell an engagement literally around the corner. How well they hid all of this is actually amazing.... 

He definitely seems like a better score than Bin.

Though I guess with Bin there sin't quite the power imbalance. 

But he seems like pretty much what you'd expect. 

10 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

A week, egotistical  man who is afraid of women with a backbone 

literally exactly what I thought.

That reeks of finding a woman he thinks he can control. 

The first 8 pages of Google when searching his name bring up his courtship. 

Who said a scrubbing happened? Yeah, that. There is no way in hell a pro soccer play has zero Google hits and absolutely no web presence whatsoever.

The Duggar machine keeps plowing along. What the hell does the boob have on TLC to get this level of coverage (or, hiding?)

this response to a comment on the people article is so funny that I thought I would share :pb_lol:

209920cac7687adf68d04f8d217640fc.png

This thread is moving fast! Ok, I watched the testimony video. He hit all the fundie red flags, ymmv.

Godly parents 

sinner at AGE 5! :bangheaddesk:

homeschool (in and of itself ain't bad, but...)

evil public school led him to sin with drinking & lust 

I'm trying to be my normal optimistic self regarding this, but some alarm bells are going off.

I don't think I'm in a position to worry about the age gap. I'm 11 years younger than my boyfriend (I'm nearly 31 and he is 42), we got together when I was 27 and he was 38. That said, when I was 27 I was married, divorced, university educated, had a good job and had been out of my parents house for 7 years. Even though she is 22, Jinger is for all intents and purposes a teenager.

Being friends with Bin can't be good. Bin really is as thick as he comes across on TV. I contacted him on FB to ask him a question about beliefs and he spent the next 24 hours trying to convert me with the dumbest arguments ever.

On the plus side, Jeremy seems quite intelligent and there is no denying he is hot as hell!

1 minute ago, fundiefan said:

The first 8 pages of Google when searching his name bring up his courtship. 

Who said a scrubbing happened? Yeah, that. There is no way in hell a pro soccer play has zero Google hits and absolutely no web presence whatsoever.

The Duggar machine keeps plowing along. What the hell does the boob have on TLC to get this level of coverage (or, hiding?)

I know right??? It's not advertisers so wtf does he have behind the curtain????

1 hour ago, Slt said:

I'm getting major Meredith/Stephen Hammer vibes here... anyone else?

You beat me to it!  We all hoped that Meredith would be able to attend college and lead a more secular life, but that doesn't seem to be happening.  I don't see Jinger's future life being radically different than her current one.

Looking through the google hits I saw there was a word press blog under his name.... even though I have a blog through wordpress I still couldn't accesses his blog signed in. INTERESTING

ETA: found his personal instagram and his private blog is linked in the bio. I think I am going to request to follow him 

20 minutes ago, ElegantMajesticPearls said:

"a humble, meek, modest, intelligent young woman with a burning desire to sacrificially serve the Lord in any way she could."

Sounds like a passionate romance  :pb_rollseyes:

What man seeks out a "meek" woman. Sounds like the trophy wife comments are spot on

Yeah wow what a nose dive my hopes took from reading the headline of the People article thinking he was somehow a "normal" guy and quickly lost that hope. I really hope looking for a little bit of Duggar fame for his ministry is the worst of his intentions.

7 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

At least Laredo is far from the TTH.

Not with JD piloting their private plane! No where is too far for JBs controlling ways to reach! Not even cintrul murica.

2 hours ago, Arix said:

Count me on the bad feeling train too. He is voluntarily dating a Duggar.

Granted that anyone who voluntarily dates a Duggar is a little nuts . . . But what else can any of these girls hope for other than someone who will "voluntarily date a Duggar"?

Is the only acceptable partner for a Duggar girl someone who will not want to date her because she is a Duggar?   We have a bit of a paradox here.     !:confusion-seeingstars:

I'm sitting here wondering if there's something wrong with me--I don't find him hot at all.  He's tall...I'll give him that, but he's not very appealing to me.

21 minutes ago, Geechee Girl said:

sinner at AGE 5! :bangheaddesk:

Wow. When do these people believe children start having the capability to sin? I know in Catholicism at least there was all that original sin junk, but actual conscious sinning by a 5 year old? I have two 4.5 year olds and they just are not devious yet. One is maybe starting to understand lying, but the "lies" he tells are like "I did not throw that thing I saw you see me throw"

Actually it reminds me of having to go to confession or reconciliation or whatever it is during CCD at Catholic church. I was like 10, what the heck did I have to confess... so I always just said I fight with my brothers.

Note that I don't believe in "sin" at all, just curious about their beliefs.

56 minutes ago, anotherone said:

Maybe it's like in Jane Eyre, where she left Rochester and came to live with St. John who wanted to marry her to take her with him to India, even though he didn't love her and just wanted a wife that would be good enough for a missionary.  It seems these types would get married just to have a woman that could fulfill the part of missionary wife.

Why does the life of the Duggars always remind me of the plot in some Victorian book?

Because Victorian novels didn't offer men and women much of a chance to get to know each other before marriage and a lot of Victorian novels deal with the problems resulting from this separation.

GUYS! This is the precurser to a Jana and Tim Tebow courtship!!

They are testing out the "former pro athlete marries a Duggarette and they have a ministry" model!

• dawbs locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived