IGNORED

Lori Alexander Pt. 9: Writing The World's Worst Book

Lori trained her kids not to complain when they were sick, but that apparently didn't work for her since we were all regaled with the potato soup incident. 

Lori. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR HEALTH ISSUES. NO1CURR.

Spoiler

No, I'm sure people care. I'm just making a point.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her "why is everyone picking on me" write-up (which doesn't even have a bible verse tacked on) is introduced on her FB page like this:

Live your life freely according to God's will for your life and don't worry what others may say for greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

The thing is that this is exactly what I am doing. I am living freely within what I believe God's will for my life is. Fortunately, I don't worry about what others says, and that includes Lori.

Since I am in marriage ministry, I sometimes have young women approach me to ask me for resources about marriage and "wifehood." I joyfully give them a list that does not include Lori's blog.

31 minutes ago, OnceUponATime said:

Her blog hits have been growing lately. At the end of May she was getting about 3900 hits a day. That is about 4600/dag the last week (excluding the last two days - that is about 7000/day). I'm assuming the last two days increase is due to hate reads because her facebook went viral.

Even if every visitor clicks through onto three of her posts every day that still gives her over 1000 readers.

"as soon as they were mean" really doesn't work well with the concept that none of her children have ever been mean. I don't think should could have overused the word "trained" in today's post more than she did

I wonder how many of her hits are from real fans. I hope that as she gains popularity more come out and call her out on her shitty attitudes and beliefs. A few months back her flow chart about working moms vs. SAHMs was posted on a couple of Facebook groups and she got ripped apart on both groups and even some SAHMs disagreed with her flow chart.

I also bet Ken and Lori have enemies IRL from past churches or organizations, it would be fun if someone came out and called out Ken and Lori on their shit.

23 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I'm coming out of snark retirement because WTHECK?! How did Lori's FB go viral? Anyone know the source?

I'm wondering that, too. Although I don't know if I'd use the term 'viral' (although Lori did). She hasn't gone all over the Internet, at least not yet. It's more that all of a sudden hundreds of people are posting on her FB page, and almost all of it is snark and push-back. It's awesome, I'm absolutely riveted. :dance:

And this is the most tempted I've ever been to commenting there myself. I'm restraining myself with extreme difficulty!

Edited to add: Glad to see you, @jerkit  

2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Does she earn money from the hate reading clicks  ?

I don't think she has ads. she's claimed before that she doesn't get money from her blog.

4 hours ago, Koala said:

guilty.jpg

But, she does care or she wouldn't even address it.  She's like a snotty adolescent who tries really hard to pretend she doesn't want to be liked but is really irked by it.  I can just see her stomping her foot and saying "They're just jealous!" 

I found on FB that Scary Mommy has also shared the expectations post (without naming her, and they've blurred her name on the picture).  Some of their pieces are kinda meh for me, but I was excited to see this one.

Scary Mommy: “Do you ‘expect’ your husband to help you with household chores? If you do, you won’t have a happy marriage b/c expectations destroy relationships,” begins a now viral post by a wife and mother who’s apparently been frozen in ice for the last 50 years.

Scary Mommy: If he helps, great + if not, do your housework cheerfully as unto the Lord,” continues the letter, which has been written on lined paper because clearly no one has told this woman about a new invention called the “computer.” It was born about two decades after the women’s liberation movement, which she also seemed to miss.

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Does she earn money from the hate reading clicks  ?

No, her blog isn't monetized. Sometime back one of her readers mistakenly thought that Lori was making money from her blog and Lori said that her blog wasn't monetized. I have to wonder if some Christians companies would offer to sponsor her later on if she was to get a domain outside of blogspot.

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

No, her blog isn't monetized. Sometime back one of her readers mistakenly thought that Lori was making money from her blog and Lori said that her blog wasn't monetized. I have to wonder if some Christians companies would offer to sponsor her later on if she was to get a domain outside of blogspot.

Very unlikely, I think.  The fundies who make it, have a softer side that sort of masks their questionable beliefs.  Lori has nothing redeeming, and on her fb, a lot of Christians are turning against her.  She's not a good or loving mother.  She's not a good or loving wife.  She's not good at homeschooling or organizing.  She's just not good at anything.  She's bad.  

Does Lori consider the fact expectations can go both ways?  What if a husband expected to have an intelligent competent wife and ended up with a wife incapable of logic and reason........ Oh wait.

7 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

I'm considering cancelling Netflix. This Facebook shitstorm is just so much more entertaining. 

There are days when I don't even turn on the television because of this and everything else I read on Facebook and FJ. I should probably just  cancel my cable!:pb_lol:

10 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I wonder how many of her hits are from real fans. I hope that as she gains popularity more come out and call her out on her shitty attitudes and beliefs. A few months back her flow chart about working moms vs. SAHMs was posted on a couple of Facebook groups and she got ripped apart on both groups and even some SAHMs disagreed with her flow chart.

I also bet Ken and Lori have enemies IRL from past churches or organizations, it would be fun if someone came out and called out Ken and Lori on their shit.

"Even some SAHMs"? Do you think most SAHM would agree with her dribble? I'm a SAHM and I find Lori repugnant, and so would all the other SAHMs I know.

I have been viciously attacked since I began blogging. This should come as no surprise to any of you. The world HATES God's ways. 

See how she did that?  She has been "viciously attacked" because the world hates God?  

Here's a newsflash for your Lori:  You aren't God.  You don't speak for God.  Many of the ideas you are "viciously attacked" for (and by "attacked" I mean via the written word :pb_rollseyes: ) aren't in any way Biblical (see: beating infants, fat shaming your daughters, advising people to juice/black salve their cancer away).  

Matthew 7:21-23

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

She thinks her post went viral because of feminism and Satan. So predictable, Lori. So very predictable.

Here's the part where her spiritual abusiveness really oozes out:

So my question to you, Christian women, is why have you allowed Satanic inventions influence your life?

In other words, if we have any disagreement at all with Lori's interpretation of the bible, it is because we are allowing the enemy to influence us. It can't possibly be because she's wrong, judgmental, or narrow-minded.

Sadly, I fear the viral experience and hateful comments serve only to strengthen her resolve. *sigh*

And one of the reader comments is that people who hate Lori's posts will end up divorced. Yikes.

Logged into Reddit this morning and the "Expectations" post was one of the first new rants on a Mother's page I frequent.  Apparently a fb "friend" of one gal shared it and got into a pissing contest with the lady.  Oddly enough the sharer who was defending the contents of the post was a working single mom shaming a SAHM for not cooking every single night.  Not a couple hours later one of my friends has it posted on her wall doing the "oh HELL NAW" in response to it.  Before today I'd never seen Lori's posts get that close to my world, it's a little freaky to be honest.  

I do kind of like the fact that it's viral because of the level of opposition.  Heaven forbid womens is freethinkin'....gettin' ideas is dangerous ya'll.  'Scuse me, I gotta go diaper this baby, rub my husbands tired feet, while planting a row of corn and cooking a casserole. 

It's official- Ken just rode in on his horse of TRUTH.  From the Never Always Learning Facebook:

Written by Ken Alexander, "It is important to not read into this post something that was never written. Lori never says a husband should not be an active participant in helping around the home. What she did say was 'If you expect this, you will not have a happy marriage because expectations destroy relationships.' The way to win the heart of your man, and possibly get more help around the home is by loving and pleasing him. In this way, he will in turn desire to love and please his wife, unless he still needs to grow up, or does not have a giving heart. It's God's prescription for winning your disobedient man. And even if he is never won to more housekeeping, you can still have a great relationship doing things God's ways and accepting him for who he is, with a focus on his strengths and what he brings to the relationship, not the missing tiles or glass half empty. For goodness sake, a good husband overlooks his wife's flaws also, preferring to see the best in her, not the missing tiles in her life."

Ken says:

The way to win the heart of your man, and possibly get more help around the home is by loving and pleasing him. In this way, he will in turn desire to love and please his wife, unless he still needs to grow up, or does not have a giving heart.

He's missing the basic point, which is that all able-bodied adult people in the house should get off their ass and do useful stuff.

Husbands shouldn't do housework because their wife's been a good little girl, they should do it because they fucking live there and contribute to the need for housework.

I swear, when I see my stepfather in a few days, I want to give him a big hug for modeling this behavior, and teaching me early on that grown men are not incapable of cleaning/doing useful stuff INSIDE the house.

My husband does all the housework except cooking and laundry. He likes to clean and is very particular about how it is done. If I do anything, he does it again his way; so I stopped bothering long ago. 

I suppose Lori would declare my marriage a massive failure and condemn me? 

59 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

My husband does all the housework except cooking and laundry. He likes to clean and is very particular about how it is done. If I do anything, he does it again his way; so I stopped bothering long ago. 

This is sort of the thing with my stepfather. 

4 hours ago, Koala said:

It's official- Ken just rode in on his horse of TRUTH.  From the Never Always Learning Facebook:

Ken is trying to respond to everybody. Good luck with that. FB is on 24/7. I like this guy's response:

Oh goodness, let me stretch. I have an education in theology with a focus in biblical studies. I may have to straighten this one out.

SO. In biblical times, men were to be the providers and protectors and women were to stay home and tend to the chi
ldren, except in cases of great wealth and power (Deborah and Esther). This is because back then, one of the most DANGEROUS things you could do, was.... Leave your house! It was a dangerous world! Men were bigger, and stronger! They were better able to protect themselves from brigands and thieves.

Furthermore, most of the earning potential back then came from manual labor and heavy trades. Jobs that women COULD do, but that men were more naturally inclined to because they took a lot more brawn and a lot less brain. It wasn't uncommon to see a woman on a fishing boat or in a field, just more common to see a man. Mostly because women had to breast feed, and the workplace was no place for a a baby. Made more sense for her to stay home.

ALSO, a LOT of those scriptures had to do with correcting and curbing a culture of promiscuity and a lack of responsibility. There were a lot of fuckem and leavem kind of guys back then, that didn't feel that they needed to provide for their ladies. They didn't think they needed to contribute. But they do.

As far as housework and chores, how do you define that? Should the woman mow? What about fix the roof? Plumbing? Clean the gutters? How about replace the mail box? Technically, these are all "household chores", and yet, they are things the man is expected to do. And they always have been. For thousands of years. Because men are physically stronger, and so it's easier for them to do it. So the idea that household chores are strictly the domain of women is laughable. Women should stay in the home? Grocery shopping? Taking kids to the doctor? Picking up dry cleaning? Taking kids to school? Going to social functions and to kids' functions? Yeah, they do and always have done those things. The lines have become blurred over time because the necessity for safety precautions and for upper body strength has lessened with stronger societal standards and technology. It's the way of things.

I will also, finally, point out that the bible was written by men, and then translated by men. And if you are reading the King James, that one was translated and re-written by people paid by the Crown to create a holy book that fit in well with the church of England as the king thought it should be. As someone who has read the original texts in Hebrew, Greek, Latin, and yes, Aramaic, most of it isn't even close.

You have the general gist of the historical aspect correct. You have the entire idea of how it would apply to life today INcorrect. 

One final thought. If you want to be a Christian fundamentalist, you are a WOMAN, so you should probably stop trying to TEACH people anything. It's an abomination before the Lord for a woman to instruct a man. Go tend to your children and obey your husband, quietly.

Unlike · Reply · 31 · 5 hrs · Edited

Look, Ken! People can write lengthy responses that actually make sense!

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived