IGNORED

Lori Alexander Pt. 9: Writing The World's Worst Book

5 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Had a *bing* moment while staring at Lori's blog page on FB.  Not only does she crawfish on her statements to save face (poorly) but in trying to raise up the role of SAHM and how powerful and great it is....she makes sure to place more emphasis on how hard her husband works to provide.

Now I don't what he does exactly, but I'm fairly certain whatever keeps him busy 40 hours a week is manageable.  Having done both in life, spent time at home chasing a toddler, and then spending a decade in some of the greasiest, manliest jobs out there...I didn't find one especially harder or more taxing than the other.  One may have been physically tiring vs the other being mental...but all in all, being a housewife or slinging engine parts is pretty damn difficult.  

Maybe she's had the easiest time on Earth raisin' babies.  IDK.  But she knows how to put that husband on a pedestal and end up demeaning her own worth in the process.  

Well, there WAS that nanny... :my_dodgy:

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I can see why these guys, including Ken, can't get along with women. They are like roosters, they can't back down....

Instead, there are over 230 comments by these angry bozos, trying to find new ways of insulting each other and any woman who foolishly comes around.

Now at 240 comments in less than an hour. It's like listening to drunks argue in a bar - loud, repetitive, and incoherent.

Hey, Cane Caldo, I think Ken heard it the first 50 or so times somebody said it, you didn't have to repeat it in all caps.

Seriously, are all these guys drunk??

54 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Had a *bing* moment while staring at Lori's blog page on FB.  Not only does she crawfish on her statements to save face (poorly) but in trying to raise up the role of SAHM and how powerful and great it is....she makes sure to place more emphasis on how hard her husband works to provide.

Now I don't what he does exactly, but I'm fairly certain whatever keeps him busy 40 hours a week is manageable.  Having done both in life, spent time at home chasing a toddler, and then spending a decade in some of the greasiest, manliest jobs out there...I didn't find one especially harder or more taxing than the other.  One may have been physically tiring vs the other being mental...but all in all, being a housewife or slinging engine parts is pretty damn difficult.  

Maybe she's had the easiest time on Earth raisin' babies.  IDK.  But she knows how to put that husband on a pedestal and end up demeaning her own worth in the process.  

I'll venture a guess that, for her, staying home and raising kids probably was comparatively easy because she had both a housekeeper and a nanny.

That's not said snarkily, necessarily, because I wouldn't begrudge it of any woman who could afford the help -- but given that it's Lori we're discussing here and given her perpetual sermonizing and all that, you can probably read a bit of snark into it if you want. As someone who works from home, there are days I sure wouldn't mind having a housekeeper around, though. 

25 minutes ago, Florita said:

Now at 240 comments in less than an hour. It's like listening to drunks argue in a bar - loud, repetitive, and incoherent.

Hey, Cane Caldo, I think Ken heard it the first 50 or so times somebody said it, you didn't have to repeat it in all caps.

Seriously, are all these guys drunk??

idk, but one of them just called us the "  feminist walking zombie dead." hahahahahahaha!!!!!

These guys need to get some fresh air. Go for a walk! Get some sunshine! Do something fun!

1 hour ago, polecat said:

I'll venture a guess that, for her, staying home and raising kids probably was comparatively easy because she had both a housekeeper and a nanny.

But not just that for Lori. Everything she ever did in "raising" her kids was designed to make it as easy as possible for her. Leaving them to cry all night from infancy on, insisting on hours of quiet time in their rooms every day, beating them for developmentally appropriate behavior so that she never had to bother teaching them better behavior, etc. And that was after sabotaging her birth control to have the kids in the first place. Just about any career would have to be harder than that, even for a douchecanoe like Ken.

dk, but one of them just called us the "feminist walking zombie dead." hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Post count, @happy atheist?

For the foreseeable future, Happy Atheist will not be doing post count titles.  The current admins are sharing the duty.  To make that work, please pass the word that all suggestions need to go in the suggestion box thread.  Please include a link to the post that caused the suggestion.  Thank you!

I think it really bothers Ken if he thinks someone dislikes him.  Is that a sign of low self esteem or narcissism? ;)

As far as the appliances thing, but if the wives are insisting on having those appliances, doesn't that mean the poor overworked husbands have to work even harder?  I mean, we all know how greedy women are.

Well, Lori can say what she wants about women having appliances, but Ken doesn't appear to being doing any backbreaking, sweat inducing work himself.  In fact, when he was here he fretted that his business would go to crap if he kept spending so much time online, gabbing with us godless heathens.  Of course that didn't stop him, but anyway...

Another little newsflash for Lori: Most sahms don't have a nanny (to hold their crying babies for hours a day) or a maid at their disposal.  We actually have to you know...get shit done around the house. 

4 hours ago, polecat said:

That's not said snarkily, necessarily, because I wouldn't begrudge it of any woman who could afford the help -- but given that it's Lori we're discussing here and given her perpetual sermonizing and all that, you can probably read a bit of snark into it if you want. As someone who works from home, there are days I sure wouldn't mind having a housekeeper around, though. 

idk, but one of them just called us the "  feminist walking zombie dead." hahahahahahaha!!!!!

These guys need to get some fresh air. Go for a walk! Get some sunshine! Do something fun!

There are the things I don't begrudge Ken and Lori for. The issues I have with Lori is that she slams working moms for being away from home and having their kids with babysitters or in daycares, yet it was perfectly fine for her to have a nanny while being a SAHM. If her nanny also had kids, shouldn't the nanny have been home raising her own family according to Lori's logic.  A friend of mine came from a well to family, her mother was a SAHM for many years and she would sometimes hire teen neighbors to babysit while she was doing housework or for certain outings. My friend's mom was the type that understood that not every mother could be a SAHM.

Not all SAHMs are the same. For being a SAHM, Lori and her family had privileges that other families don't have. They had the nanny/housekeeper, the kids attended the Christian high school and I think both of Lori's sons attended Biola and Cassi went for awhile but then transferred to a state college. The Alexanders seem to take annual vacations. Many of the working moms that Lori despises don't have some of those privileges.  She also blogged several times slamming the working moms of her childhood friends. It comes down to Lori being an ignorant, spoiled, and ungrateful brat. I still have a bit of sympathy for Ken because he didn't come from a well to do family. He might have felt intimidated by Lori's family and I have to wonder if Ken even likes Lori's parents.

Some guy linked Lori to his blog.

He wrote:

Different people appear to have different levels of clutter/mess that they can tolerate. My personal threshold is lower than Mychaels. That is to say, once the mess reaches a certain level, I get restless and need it cleaned up. I cannot relax in my own home if it reaches that level. This very weekend past, (while all this blogging and counter blogging was going on) I was home with the kids while Mychael worked her one weekend a month as an ER nurse. Three twelve hour shifts, from 1500-0300–with a one hour drive on either side. She was also sick, and still went to work those shifts. I was on my own, and I could not stand the mess. She needed to work and sleep. So I cleaned it–because it needed to be done.

He continues:

In other words, it is my prerogative to set that standard, and hers to maintain it. And I suppose I agree to this in principle. However, the Monday-Friday routine is different. Mychael runs around and buys groceries, takes the kids to the library, homeschooling co-op activities and American Heritage Girls functions. I didn’t have any of that over the weekend.

So, she works as a nurse (even when she's sick), homeschools, and takes care of groceries and errands. 

Lori's snotty response:

Scott,

She is commanded to be subject to her husband in everything. If you want your home kept to a certain standard, she should keep it this way. If all of those unnecessary activities are keeping her from doing this, she needs to get rid of them for we were created to be our husband’s help meet. Most women today were not raised to be a housewife or stay at home mom. This is why God commands older women to teach the younger women. They are the ones, I believe, God will hold the most accountable for the failure of godly women to obey Titus 2:4, 5.

Blessings,
Lori

I wonder which "unnecessary activity" The Godly Mentor thinks she should give up first...  How about grocery shopping?  Or perhaps homeschooling?  

Hey, I've got it!  Maybe when she drags her sick self home from a 12 hour nursing shift and 2 hours of commuting, she can be a dear and scrub the kitchen floors.  She is, after all, a mere helpmeet.  It's not like her well being matters. :angry-cussingblack: 

https://morallycontextualizedromanceblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/28/housework-woes/

3 hours ago, Koala said:

Some guy linked Lori to his blog.

He wrote:

He continues:

So, she works as a nurse (even when she's sick), homeschools, and takes care of groceries and errands. 

Lori's snotty response:

I wonder which "unnecessary activity" The Godly Mentor thinks she should give up first...  How about grocery shopping?  Or perhaps homeschooling?  

Hey, I've got it!  Maybe when she drags her sick self home from a 12 hour nursing shift and 2 hours of commuting, she can be a dear and scrub the kitchen floors.  She is, after all, a mere helpmeet.  It's not like her well being matters. :angry-cussingblack: 

https://morallycontextualizedromanceblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/28/housework-woes/

I know this guy! He is totally obnoxious. He is an Army psychologist and his wife is a nurse, though they are slowly trying to bring her home. He and his wife are total hypocrites--they are both divorced from their first spouse, dated each other before marriage, but they decided they don't "believe in" dating for their own kids. They plan to totally control their kids' "courtships" when the kids are old enough. His wife (Mychael) has an older son from her previous marriage, he is now in college, Scott filled him with all sorts of red pill garbage. He tried to control this boy's dating activity when he lived at home without any success. Scott technically doesn't believe in "dating" anyway. Scott and Mychael have three little kids now. 

It is totally gross to listen to them rattle on about patriarchy. Scott loves to talk about how he is the boss, and Mychael (in a really icky way) loves to talk about how she needs Scott's permission for this or that. All this makes them superior to other couples. Mychael loves to talk about how skanky most women are. She makes plans about how she is going to "check out" her sons' future wives, and teach them how to be submissive. Like she is the big expert on marriage, after a failed marriage and 7 or so years with Scott.

He had a blog called the "Courtship Pledge" where parents were supposed to pledge to stick their noses in their kids' courtships. Kids who resisted their parent's control would be threatened with the withdrawal of financial support from mom and dad. He hoped that a bunch of parents would join up, and that when their kids were old enough, courtships could be arranged with other families who'd taken the "pledge." About two people signed up for this, so Scott gave up on this stupid idea and closed the blog.

3 hours ago, Hisey said:

I know this guy! He is totally obnoxious. He is an Army psychologist and his wife is a nurse, though they are slowly trying to bring her home. He and his wife are total hypocrites--they are both divorced from their first spouse, dated each other before marriage, but they decided they don't "believe in" dating for their own kids. .

I had a feeling he was military when he talked about her working hours in military time.

It's disturbing though that he is a psychologist.  Hopefully he just does testing or something and not counseling.

6 hours ago, Hisey said:

I know this guy! He is totally obnoxious. He is an Army psychologist and his wife is a nurse, though they are slowly trying to bring her home. He and his wife are total hypocrites--they are both divorced from their first spouse, dated each other before marriage, but they decided they don't "believe in" dating for their own kids. They plan to totally control their kids' "courtships" when the kids are old enough. His wife (Mychael) has an older son from her previous marriage, he is now in college, Scott filled him with all sorts of red pill garbage. He tried to control this boy's dating activity when he lived at home without any success. Scott technically doesn't believe in "dating" anyway. Scott and Mychael have three little kids now. 

I love how some disgusting misogynist red-pillers are STILL not up to Lori's standards :pb_lol: She is seriously the worst.

14 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

But not just that for Lori. Everything she ever did in "raising" her kids was designed to make it as easy as possible for her. Leaving them to cry all night from infancy on, insisting on hours of quiet time in their rooms every day, beating them for developmentally appropriate behavior so that she never had to bother teaching them better behavior, etc. And that was after sabotaging her birth control to have the kids in the first place. Just about any career would have to be harder than that, even for a douchecanoe like Ken.

Lori also likes to brag that she made homeschooling simple for herself.  They read, did some math, ate snacks and went surfing.  I can overlook the nanny and the "alone time" as each was probably a relief for the kids. I can't overlook her slacking on their education.  She cheated her kids on many levels. 

I absolutely cannot overlook beating babies and letting newborns cry it out! She was such a lazy mother, I have to wonder what her kids really think of her and whether they really enjoy spending time with her. I'm always sad when I think of how she already has one son with children and he's clearly (based on Lori's own words) taken up her abusive ways when it comes to parenting.  Sadly, two more Alexander grandchildren are on the way and they too will probably feel the sting of a leather strap before they can walk and face food-centered abuse; among countless other cruelties that make Grandma Lori gleeful. 

23 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Lori also likes to brag that she made homeschooling simple for herself.  They read, did some math, ate snacks and went surfing.  I can overlook the nanny and the "alone time" as each was probably a relief for the kids. I can't overlook her slacking on their education.  She cheated her kids on many levels. 

I absolutely cannot overlook beating babies and letting newborns cry it out! She was such a lazy mother, I have to wonder what her kids really think of her and whether they really enjoy spending time with her. I'm always sad when I think of how she already has one son with children and he's clearly (based on Lori's own words) taken up her abusive ways when it comes to parenting.  Sadly, two more Alexander grandchildren are on the way and they too will probably feel the sting of a leather strap before they can walk and face food-centered abuse; among countless other cruelties that make Grandma Lori gleeful. 

bbm -- This is not necessarily the case. Personally, I hope they make better choices simply because they know how it feels to be abused. I'd be surprised if they have the close relationship she pretends they have. Yeah, there are pictures of a "happy, smiling family," but abuse victims are past masters at hiding their real feelings. How often do you see her kids commenting on her blog? On her public FB? I just don't buy it.

2 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

I love how some disgusting misogynist red-pillers are STILL not up to Lori's standards :pb_lol: She is seriously the worst.

I love that too. I think as Lori's blog increases in popularity, she and Kenny boy are bound to get into more conflicts with the red pill bloggers and vloggers. Ken has issues with Lori when she was commenting and having online contact with SunshineMary because he didn't like SM or her MRA fanboys. I wonder if Ken will white knight Lori now that she has made contact with Scott. While I already dislike Scott, in a way he seems like a less of douche than Ken. Scott seems to like being around his kids. Ken has always given off the vibe that he didn't  like being around his kids when they were small.

25 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Ken has issues with Lori when she was commenting and having online contact with SunshineMary because he didn't like SM or her MRA fanboys.

Ahh, the SSM confrontation.  A walk down memory lane?

During Ken's visit here, he was confronted with the following post by SSM:

Consider asking your husband if he would be willing to spank you as part of foreplay.

Please don't panic. Spanking is not a slippery slope that will lead to BDSM, disturbing fetishes or deviant sexual practices. I can promise you that from personal experience; you won't be spanked one day and in leather restraints the next. Some people practice Christian Domestic Discipline, but that is actually not what I am recommending either. This is only to be about increasing your attraction to him by having him display dominance via consensual sexual aggression.

It is his decision if he would be willing to try this; this may be outside his comfort zone completely, and he may be feeling very mistrustful of you, but if he is willing to try it, you may not be sure of what to do. Here is one possible way to go: first, ask him to buy a wooden hair brush that has a very flat back (the curved ones tend to leave more bruises). The brush should be on your dresser.

He can sit down on the edge of the bed and tell you to bring the brush to him. Get it, and then kneel down on the floor in front of him and hand the brush to him. He can then pull you firmly but lovingly across his lap, either with lingerie on or no bottoms. It might be easier to have your legs supported on the bed, but your hands off the bed so that you are slightly off balance. He can then administer the spanking; he might want to know that he can swat fairly hard without causing bruises, but even if you do have a bruise the next day, you won't die.

The number of strokes should be up to him, not you; he decides when the spanking is over (h/t 7man for that idea), not you. When he is done, get on your knees in front of him and say thank you to him. You should thank him because he is doing something that may be outside his comfort zone in order to help you, and you do not deserve it. He is doing this out of love for you, so show him the gratitude he so richly deserves.

Scripture to meditate upon: For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11

Ken's reply?

SSM is teaching some sex training for a previous whore

He was also confronted with a comment Lori made on SSM's blog.  

Lori Alexander:

My husband and I got a good laugh over it. He told me he would have given me 2 choices a good spanking or no dishwasher. I told him I would take the spanking any day!

Ken's reply:

It was also an inside joke with SSM. They had a back door discussion once about a husband being able to spank a wife.

Cause you know, the Internet never forgets.

2 hours ago, polecat said:

bbm -- This is not necessarily the case. Personally, I hope they make better choices simply because they know how it feels to be abused. I'd be surprised if they have the close relationship she pretends they have. Yeah, there are pictures of a "happy, smiling family," but abuse victims are past masters at hiding their real feelings. How often do you see her kids commenting on her blog? On her public FB? I just don't buy it.

You are absolutely right. I should know better because I HAVE overcome a verbally abusive childhood and was also a master at hiding my feelings - still am.  The interesting thing with my own mother is that as harsh as she was with me and my siblings, she would nearly faint with shock if she saw her grandchildren receive the slightest discipline, which is as it should be, in my opinion.:pb_lol:  She was not a real tender mother but she has been a fantastic grandma. 

The disturbing thing for me is the fact that Lori reported the whole Emma food/screaming episode with such glee. She seems to take such delight in knowing a child is being punished.  While most grandmas ask "did the baby sleep through the night?" or "How did he take to the cereal?" She seems like she would be asking "Have you smacked his hand yet?" "When do you intend to start spanking?"

Anyway, thanks for the reminder.

Once in a while I read something in comments that just breaks my heart...

Thank you for that post. Please help. I have a "Christian" sibling in homosexuality. She has announced her wedding date. I love her dearly and have no bitterness toward her. However, I have asked that she not bring that lifestyle into my home. My mom is furious and says that she will not come into my home until my sister is welcome. Am I being to harsh to not allow her? I Cor 5: 9-12 says not to even eat with them. However, I can't figure out if that's just for church discipline. I agree with you that our children are our main concern and I don't want them swayed. Please give me your opinion. (Lori, I also emailed this as a reply from your always learning email but I wasn't sure that would get to you. If it does, sorry to have asked you twice.)

She's ready to reject her own sibling....that just...wow. 

31 minutes ago, Koala said:

That just kills me, too.  When my youngest daughter came out to me and her sisters, we didn't tell her older brother for a long time.  He'd just converted to Catholic for his new wife and was very deeply invested it in that.  When i finally told him, he looked at me really hurt and said 'what kind of asshole bigot do you all think I am that I could think anything less of my little sister ever?'  THAT is the kind of family I wish for everyone.   Yes I know that's not the case.   But a person can really wish.....hard....

2 hours ago, Koala said:

1 hour ago, SweetLaurel said:

That just kills me, too.  When my youngest daughter came out to me and her sisters, we didn't tell her older brother for a long time.  He'd just converted to Catholic for his new wife and was very deeply invested it in that.  When i finally told him, he looked at me really hurt and said 'what kind of asshole bigot do you all think I am that I could think anything less of my little sister ever?'  THAT is the kind of family I wish for everyone.   Yes I know that's not the case.   But a person can really wish.....hard....

Reading that comment reminded me a lot of my friend. She came out of the closet three years ago. She was raised in Catholic household, but her parents weren't extremely conservative and her mom was close friends with gay co-worker and his now deceased partner. The parents accepted right away. My friend's sister over the past several years has become very conservative and anti-gay. They don't really talk at all and my friend has said that she is ok with it.

Ken and Lori cracked under the MRA-pressure and changed their post. I haven't rread it yet, but here is what Lori had to say about the MRAs rantings.

We changed the post ~
http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/06/going-viral-virus-of-unmet-expectations.html

I want you all to know that Ken is the most generous servant I have ever met. He will do anything for anyone who asks. He is a pleaser at heart, therefore, the post that have caused so much angst among all of you. He wants me to help him ask me to help him to do more since he is so used to doing everything for himself, but I do want to serve him more. It has all been a growing process for both of us as I am sure it is for all of you.

Blessings,
Lori

28 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I want you all to know that Ken is the most generous servant I have ever met. He will do anything for anyone who asks. He is a pleaser at heart, therefore, the post that have caused so much angst among all of you. He wants me to help him ask me to help him to do more since he is so used to doing everything for himself, but I do want to serve him more. It has all been a growing process for both of us as I am sure it is for all of you.

:huh:

Did Ken write this?

No, it's Lori's voice saying, in essence, 'It's actually submissive for me to be asking Ken to 'share' part of my rightful work: since that's what he says he actually wants me to do! Women should always do what their husbands want, after all. Lucky me! Loophole hurray! Other wives should expect to 'serve' their headships fully with all the chores-and-more, as MRA's say.'

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived