IGNORED

Lori Alexander Pt. 9: Writing The World's Worst Book

Dave (presumably of "privileged to be Dave's doormat") chimed in:

Instead of getting caught in the snare of the world’s ‘rules’ we are to use the Father’s rules of engagement. For this post topic I suggest asking questions that relate to scripture, like “is the wife glorifying the husband?’ – 1 Cor 11:7. Is she submitting / subject to her husband in everything? – Eph 5, 1 Pet 3. Does she fear and respect her husband, etc? Or is our first response a ‘But, but ….God didn’t think of everything when He said that?’ Our call is into a step of faith, to ACT on God’s word and really come to know Him and see how He works. 

A couple of other MRA types have chimed in to tell Ken he's not doing it right.

Dalrock:

if you expect your man to help more around the home, and your expectations go unmet, don't allow this to destroy your relationship, as so many young wives have a tendency to do. Instead, use the prescription that God gives you to win your disobedient man by lowering the expectations and showing him by your loving behavior that he should jump in and help more.

This isn't scriptural. Not even close. The source of feminist resentment isn't a husband's "disobedience" to his wife's wishes.

And then Dave chimes back in to tell some woman she's stealing a man's job.  

Assholes, I tell you.  Total assholes.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think posting screenshots of Ken's ideas of incest in the comment section are in order here.

14 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

I think posting screenshots of Ken's ideas of incest in the comment section are in order here.

I did link FJ and Ken's grossness over here to a couple of comments on FB, but definitely more links are needed.

A 'lovely' comment from a man on Ken's post from yesterday:

I think I might never counsel a man to take up his wife's responsibilities. They really don't appreciate it anyways. None of them. Clean a woman's kitchen every day and she'll say "Awww!" and pat you on the back. Make her really laugh once a week and she'll wait for you in bed.

So there you have it. Women just don't appreciate a damned thing men do, so why bother doing it?  Relax, men, settle back in your La-Z-Boys (now that was a well-named product) and watch some golf while your woman cleans around you. Don't forget to crack a good joke, though, to guarantee some sex tonight.

Dammit, my eyes got stuck rolling back in my head.:roll:

At the end of today's post, Lori says this:

If your family needs to earn income somehow {divorced, widowed, single}, pray and ask the Lord to make a way for you to earn income from home.

She's said this before, and it is her only concession to women working for money.

Has it ever occurred to her that whether a woman is earning income from home or from a place she has to drive to, it still takes time that cannot be dedicated to homemaking? I do freelancing editing from home, and when I'm working on a big project, I spend pretty much all day in my office. Other than the fact that I'm in comfy clothes and no makeup, I'm still working--and not doing household tasks.

5 minutes ago, molecule said:

At the end of today's post, Lori says this:

She's said this before, and it is her only concession to women working for money.

Has it ever occurred to her that whether a woman is earning income from home or from a place she has to drive to, it still takes time that cannot be dedicated to homemaking? I do freelancing editing from home, and when I'm working on a big project, I spend pretty much all day in my office. Other than the fact that I'm in comfy clothes and no makeup, I'm still working--and not doing household tasks.

She seems to have an obsession with physically staying inside the four walls of one's house. I do wonder sometimes if she's a bit agoraphobic? (Why no, I'm not a doctor, I just play one on teh internetz!)

I'm planning to start a consulting business...design and IT...and I want to stay home. I can be a bit agoraphobic, sometimes being away from home can give me some anxiety...it depends on the situation though. But, I have a variety of known/diagnosed psychiatric disorders...

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

She seems to have an obsession with physically staying inside the four walls of one's house. I do wonder sometimes if she's a bit agoraphobic? (Why no, I'm not a doctor, I just play one on teh internetz!)

You might have a point.  She even bitches about women visiting with friends or going to a bible study.

Aunt Roselyn responds to Ken:

Hi Ken, Aunt Roselyn here. Two things: your sentence in the first paragraph can be read to say, "The progressive women's agenda is that a wife should just take the high road and love him anyway." Is that what you meant to say? The word 'that', as used, refers to the word directly preceding it. Picky, I know, but it is helpful to be precise in our writing. 
Second, the use of the adjective, disobedient, implies a parent/child relationship. I believe two adults work together to find their unique pattern for their unique marriage. This takes a couple of years to work through for almost all couples, possibly with some minor conflicts involved. (It is sad that it took you and Lori 20 years!) It is not formulaic or one-size-fits-all. As for your uncle and me, we are happily at 59 years and counting!

Wonder how the family is reacting to Lorken's 15-minutes of fame? I really wish some distant cousin would show up here and tell all. I suspect there is a LOT about Lorken we don't know.

3 minutes ago, Florita said:

Wonder how the family is reacting to Lorken's 15-minutes of fame? I really wish some distant cousin would show up here and tell all. I suspect there is a LOT about Lorken we don't know.

I wish one of the kids would show up and dish the horrors of being their kid.

Lori also did some post where she said that having two cars per household was leading women(SAHMs) to be out of the home more because having their cars gave them freedom. She may be agoraphobic or perhaps Ken is the one who doesn't want her out of the house that much. Hard to tell what is up with Lori. As for her saying nice things about women working from home, I think she only says those things because her daughter-in-law Erin has a floral business. Of course, we don't know much business Erin gets or her practices, but owning a home based business that services certain needs can sometimes require that you have to leave the house to make deliveries, get supplies, or even do promotion work. I wouldn't be surprised if Lori doesn't know certain details about her DIL's business. I had a fundie lite  neighbor who homeschooled and also did bookkeeping for several small businesses.  She did some work from home, but there were times she went into the businesses to work and talk with the owners. My neighbor didn't mind going to the businesses, she said liked having some time away from home. My friend is currently a SAHM with two toddlers. She does tutoring for an online service and sometimes she calls friends or relatives to come in and watch the kids while  she is doing tutoring via Skype.  So yeah, working from home doesn't automatically mean that women are caring for the kids or their homes all the time.

5 minutes ago, Florita said:

Dalrock has a whole post ripping on Ken today: https://dalrock.wordpress.com/2016/06/26/what-causes-all-of-the-consternation-about-housework/

Some of the comments refer to Ken as a "blue pill beta male."

But doesn't Lori always tell us he's a Command Man?!?

:pb_lol:

That is so funny.

10 hours ago, kpmom said:

You might have a point.  She even bitches about women visiting with friends or going to a bible study.

I think she is just a miserable cow. She bitches about these things because she has no friends and probably sits by herself at bible study because she is so insufferable and unlikable. 

10 minutes ago, Koala said:

Debi Pearl has discovered Lori.  (see today's post).  *gag*

I thought they were friends? Or am I thinking of another fundie?

11 minutes ago, FJismyheadship said:

I thought they were, too.:my_dodgy:  Hasn't Lori said she and Ken have spent time with them? I seem to recall that it was at the Pearls' home, but I could be mistaken.

23 minutes ago, FJismyheadship said:

I also thought they at least knew of each other. Clearly not. Maybe Lori is like Jill R. talking about all of her FAMOUS friends, like ANNA DUGGARS family. 

Watching Lori fangirling over Debi is not fun. 

So all those times she heavily quotes Debi's book or Michael's teaching, they've had no idea she was doing this. If I were relying that extensively on other people's writings, I would have been asking for their permission to do so. Clearly, Lori didn't do that.

15 hours ago, Florita said:

I agree there is probably more about Loriken that we don't know about. I also suspect some of Lori's relatives dislike her which we can see with the comments from two aunts. Well, since Lori has a book deal, it could be that a few relatives are waiting to tell all once Lori's book is released. There might be former friends, business associates,or people from churches who might also be be willing to dish on Lori and Ken. Lori herself admitted that she and Ken had trouble with women and couples who they tried to "mentor".

A general timeline of events:

~ Lori posts a picture of her little notebook, in which she has written that a woman should cheerfully do her housework.

~ Lori receives hundreds of negative comments on the post.

~ Lori's post GOES VIRAL!!!!ELEVENTY!!!!

~ Lori and Ken do a lot of humble bragging about Lori's post GOING VIRAL!!!ELEVENTY!!!

~ Lori and Ken refer to the viral post as often as possible because...FAMOUS!!

~ Dalrock writes a post basically calling Ken a woman, a sissy, a Christian cross-dresser

~ Ken and Lori say "What viral post? Lori did not write any post about housework.  Move along. Nothing to see here."

Just my little prediction.  I think The Alexanders are realizing that fame is not as lovely as they'd thought it would be. 

So while I was off with my mother and my daughter, enjoying a weekend free of any men at godless Universal Studios, Lori got on about the draft:

Lori says:

Our Senate just passed a bill that would require women to register for the draft. We might sum this up as the end result of feminism. They want to be "equal" to men in every way and all women have to suffer because of this unattainable goal. I seriously doubt many women want to fight in wars. It's not in our makeup. We are the weaker sex and don't have the drive in our bellies to protect, like the Lord made men to be protectors. Most women would hate seeing the horrible events in war. It's hard enough on the men. Why would women want to see this? If a robber came into a family's home, it would be the father who would go do anything he could to protect the family. The mother would be huddled in a closet with her children. This is how it would happen with the majority of intact families today, but feminists don't like this.

I hate to break it to Lori, but I know plenty of intact families with mothers who would not be "huddled in a closet". 

Yes, a lot of women would not want to see what happens in war.  But you know what?  Most men don't enjoy what they see either. 

And I'm pretty sure the most dangerous thing in nature is a mother animal defending her young.

Lori says:

Another thing, women are more depressed than ever before and it is only getting worse. Of course, many things contribute to this but I believe a large part of it is women are just not emotionally created to handle the stress of working outside of the home like men are.

Speak for yourself, Lori.  Speak for yourself.

Lori says:

Finally, concerning this woman's comment, babies need their mothers. Breast milk is the best food for babies with the most nutrition. It is only the mother who can provide this. Mothers have a better chance of having a healthy milk supply, if they are home and not stressed out from a career and it is ideal to nurse at least a year. They also have the time to make nutritious food for themselves. In order to have healthy milk, they must eat healthy. 

Contrary to what many have said about what I write {medieval, 1950s, sexist, etc.}, it is the best way for women to live; exactly the way God created them to live! If your family needs to earn income somehow {divorced, widowed, single}, pray and ask the Lord to make a way for you to earn income from home. He owns everything and nothing is too hard for Him.

I agree that there is not enough support for nursing mothers at work, but the answer isn't stay home.  It's perfectly possible for mothers to work (even in the Army  and BTW, I'm calling total BS on a nursing mother with a NEWBORN working a 24 hour shift, a la that example) and breastfeed and make healthy food.

No, Lori, it's the way YOU want women to think God created us.  You are sexist.

Can I just say that I'm loving seeing lori Ken having their rears handed to them and not be able to keep up with the delete button. 

Is this comment the only reference to Lori's "book"? Or have there been others?

"You have my permission to copy anything you want, ContentWife. I am working on my book and have found an editor and publisher but it won't be very long since nothing I write is too long!"

If this is the only clue we're going from, I find the word "found" to be much more likely to refer to an editor/publisher who she will pay, rather than a commercial book deal. I "find" a good plumber, a good hairdresser, etc. It's the language of hiring services. The language of a commercial book deal is more like "I've sold my manuscript," "my book has been picked up," "[publisher] has made an offer." When a publisher acquires your work, you're assigned an editor; you don't "find" one. (And, honestly, I can't imagine Lori working with an editor, not in the way that commercial books are edited. It's a deep process. I suspect she means something more like "proofreader.")

One sentence isn't enough to be definitive, and you could probably point me to a commercially-published author or two who use the word "found" to describe their first book deal, but given the content and quality if her blog I find the idea of a "book deal" in the way that most people mean the phrase to be unlikely.

I will be utterly shocked if this venture involves any significant commercial publisher. It's possible that she's with a niche religious publisher; there are a great many small publishers and micro publishers of varying standards and reach. My guess is that she's using a self-publishing services provider or a vanity press.

But maybe I've got incomplete info. I've googled and scrolled through her Facebook, and can't find any reference to Stephen Curry's editor, who others before me have mentioned. Can someone point me to that original quote?

25 minutes ago, Petronella said:

But maybe I've got incomplete info. I've googled and scrolled through her Facebook, and can't find any reference to Stephen Curry's editor, who others before me have mentioned. Can someone point me to that original quote?

It was mentioned on Lori's private facebook group

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived