IGNORED

Lori Alexander Pt. 9: Writing The World's Worst Book

Comment from today's post:

Sometimes cutting stems from a person who has been terriblly abused. They have become numb and they want to feel some pain - for them pain is reality. They need to feel something. Of course it's not the answer, but some people have been through so much horribleness that they can't logically process their emotions.

Lori's idiotic reply:

They probably feel guilty in some way for their abuse, Maria. I have heard women who were abused say this and it is definitely tragic. However, they can be healed and cleansed by the transforming power of the Lord through His Son. They need to understand who they are in Christ and all that He has done for them.

What the everlasting fuck.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda makes you wonder why THE LORD gave some women a uterus or eggs or breasts that don't work right, if he seriously meant for every single woman ever to form babby :pb_rollseyes:

And if He REALLY couldn't think of any other way for women to functionally conceive children than having a period every single month, He can fuck right off.

Her reply is a perfect example of her complete lack of compassion. Had she added even one sentence in that paragraph to explicitly say that abuse is never the fault of the victim, it would have given her reply a different tone. It would have acknowledged that the pain is real and that survivors have been hurt. Instead, she has a vague "this is tragic" comment. (What is tragic about it? That the abuse did so much damage that they thought it was their fault? Or that they feel that way when it would just be so much easier to believe in Jesus? Given Lori's usual spiel, I would guess she means the latter.) I know survivors who would say pretty much this same thing as Lori: that they have felt guilt and that they need to understand who they are in Christ--but it is not just a quick decision where you can say, "Oops, silly me. I was wrong. i'm going to believe something else instead." It is a process that can take years and a lot of therapy and hard work.

Because of what abuse survivors have said to me about feeling like it was their fault even when they can intellectually understand that it was not, if it were anyone but Lori, I would be giving someone the benefit of the doubt on this, thinking that it was poorly worded but from good intention. Because it's Lori, however, she can't risk showing compassion because that would be admitting that cutting isn't caused by a lack of spanking. Even an ounce of compassion from her now and then would be nice. 

6 hours ago, Koala said:

From the Always Learning Facebook:  Why "the Lord" gave you a uterus, eggs, a period, and breasts

Seriously, some days I just....wow :pb_confused:

(No clue why this is so big...sorry about that!)

Really...yikes.jpg

Eta- Christ...more ramblings :argumentative:

https://www.instagram.com/always_learning_blog/

That first sentence makes no sense? I think she means "how come so MANY..."? 

I don't know where that woman gets the moxie to be so damn smug all the time. 

Although, I have to say her penmanship is remarkable. And I thought she was adorable in that red dress in her Homecoming court picture. Too bad she taints everything with her haughty high-horse-of-truth-ness. 

Although, I have to say her penmanship is remarkable.

No kidding. If she would only use her penmanship to write uplifting verses and encouragement, these things she writes would be very popular. Instead, she uses her gift to be judgemental for Jesus.

Out of curiosity, I checked out her (public) profile on Instagram. Holy moly, she has way too much time on her hands. She must spend the whole day going between her delete key and her notebook. 

image.png

Deleted the link because I can't tell if it links my personal FB page.

Anyway, the Always Learning FB post on June 18th got 294 shares and a shit ton of dissenting comments (which haven't been deleted).  Crazy.

11 hours ago, bean said:

Out of curiosity, I checked out her (public) profile on Instagram. Holy moly, she has way too much time on her hands. She must spend the whole day going between her delete key and her notebook. 

image.png

Oh but I just love that one of her many interwebz postings is a note about how you shouldn't waste time on the interwebz. 

Lori Alexander:

I do think it is much safer for women to have a man in the home. I loved it when my sons were teenagers because then I had 3 men in the home!

:pb_confused:

From today's post

No matter how hard women try to be the same as men, they never will be since they were created female and are the weaker sex. When I was younger with four young children and Ken traveled often, I hated being home alone without him at night. I still don't like it. Women need the protection of a man. This is the way God made it and it will always be this way. I bet even Hillary Clinton has male body guards since they will be able to protect her better than any female ones could. 

Yeah, Hillary Clinton probably has male Secret Service agents as well as female agents. I think Lori lurks here, but to piss her off, here is a picture of the Obamas with their Secret Service team which includes female agents.

article-2266095-171470AF000005DC-634_634

23 hours ago, Koala said:

From the Always Learning Facebook:  Why "the Lord" gave you a uterus, eggs, a period, and breasts

Seriously, some days I just....wow :pb_confused:

(No clue why this is so big...sorry about that!)

Really...yikes.jpg

Eta- Christ...more ramblings :argumentative:

https://www.instagram.com/always_learning_blog/

Hey, the Lord gave everyone a nose and an index finger that fits quite conveniently. Why isn't it the norm for people to go around with their finger up their nose?

Why do we cut our fingernails and toenails? Why not just let them grow out naturally, as long as possible before they break off, because that's how they were made? (I saw a thumbnail once that had been allowed to grow "forever". Fascinating -- it curled into a spiral. Weird, eh?) Why would anyone (man or woman) cut their hair? Isn't hair meant to grow out?

Hey, men have sperm! Maybe this means they should stay home, not do any work outside the home, just raise the kids they've been given the ability to create!

Honestly, that's about the dumbest thing I've read today.

This is exactly what feminism is doing. They say that they are fighting for"equality" with men. They are using the wrong word because in Christ, we are equal with men. We have the same worth and value in His sight as men. They should say they want to be the "same" as men. They want to be "equal" or the same as men and even excel them in every way possible. They want to take over their jobs. They want to be CEOs and Presidents. They want to leave their homes all day so they can make as much money as possible. Some women even want to become men.

Scare quotes around equality, again.

Dear Lori, what kind of inequality do you favor? Unequal access to education? Unequal access to healthcare? Unequal access to jobs? Unequal access to the family finances? Unequal property ownership rights? Unequal access to credit? Unequal ability to own a business? Unequal inheritance laws? Unequal voting rights? Unequal access to stores, restaurants and other places? How much segregation and inequality does being "equal in Christ" require?

How does expecting to be treated equally under our nation's laws mean women want to become men?

2 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

When I was younger with four young children and Ken traveled often, I hated being home alone without him at night. I still don't like it.

Well, my husband works nights and has for the majority of our marriage. We both actually prefer it (for lots of reasons but not the least of which it gives us more time together). I am perfectly capable of being alone at night without him especially since it gives me more time during the day with him. 

Using Lori-logic (oooo, this is fun!), I am right and Lori is wrong because *I* do it this way and it works better for me, therefore MY way is the RIGHT way and the ONLY way for ALL women. Therefore, LORI is wrong because she's not doing it MY way. I hereby speak for the GOD of the universe. Make a note of it, y'all.

Don't make me whip out my notebook and start up a flow chart.

51 minutes ago, Florita said:

Scare quotes around equality, again.

Dear Lori, what kind of inequality do you favor? Unequal access to education? Unequal access to healthcare? Unequal access to jobs? Unequal access to the family finances? Unequal property ownership rights? Unequal access to credit? Unequal ability to own a business? Unequal inheritance laws? Unequal voting rights? Unequal access to stores, restaurants and other places? How much segregation and inequality does being "equal in Christ" require?

How does expecting to be treated equally under our nation's laws mean women want to become men?

I took it as a transgender reference. 

I live by myself--in a normal house on a main drag--and feel perfectly safe, thanks, Lori, you weenie.

2,052 shares. Spiritual Sounding Board is all over it.

As a side note, of all of the crazy shit Lori has written, I wonder why this one caught everyone's attention....

1 hour ago, Hane said:

I live by myself--in a normal house on a main drag--and feel perfectly safe, thanks, Lori, you weenie.

Apparently she does not trust that the Lord can protect her :o

17 minutes ago, Koala said:

As a side note, of all of the crazy shit Lori has written, I wonder why this one caught everyone's attention....

Expectations destroy relationships huh? If it's the woman who expects the man to act like a decent human I assume. 

If expectations destroy relationships,  then my husband should not EXPECT me to put out whenever he wants it or be a housewife or for that matter be or do anything. He married me to love me and cherish me, not to have a maid, cook, and sex slave. 

How's that for turning it around, Lori?

P. S. My husband actually doesn't expect those things, just wanted to put the shoe on the other foot.

My question is, if both genders are equal to Christ, then why are fundie women not likewise treated as equals by men who are supposed to be emulating Jesus?

Jesus wouldn't stand for this nonsense.

Jesus taught women as well as men! And it was THE SAME TEACHING. Sorry for shouting, it just really chaps my ass. If Jesus didn't separate teaching by genders, why should we?

Last night as I was thinking of Lori's horridness, I wondered....if a wife is staying with her cheating husband who is continuing to have sex with other women, is it 'acceptable' for the wife to refuse sex then. Ya know, because of her health?

2 hours ago, Koala said:

2,052 shares. Spiritual Sounding Board is all over it.

So does this mean we can expect an upcoming post about how women should never expect their husbands to help around the house? Or about how she is being persecuted by evil feminists?

1 hour ago, iheartchacos said:

Last night as I was thinking of Lori's horridness, I wondered....if a wife is staying with her cheating husband who is continuing to have sex with other women, is it 'acceptable' for the wife to refuse sex then. Ya know, because of her health?

My guess would be no, that God will bless her faithfulness by protecting her from STDs.(That is, unless it's her fault for making him stray in the first place).

*insert puke smiley here*

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived