IGNORED

Lori Alexander Pt. 9: Writing The World's Worst Book

On 6/20/2016 at 3:05 PM, Koala said:

From the Always Learning Facebook:  Why "the Lord" gave you a uterus, eggs, a period, and breasts

Seriously, some days I just....wow :pb_confused:

(No clue why this is so big...sorry about that!)

Really...yikes.jpg

Eta- Christ...more ramblings :argumentative:

https://www.instagram.com/always_learning_blog/

Some new comments on this post. As usual, I can't screencap them, but here's a sampling:

"...The broad responsible for this page is batshit crazy." (my favorite!)

" Pretty sure I've not seen a page that disgusted me more. I even showed my pastor and he was disturbed by it. I have MORE education than my future husband and make equal money. We are not in debt. In fact we can buy anything we like and still have a large safety net. God may have blessed me with a uterus but he also gave me a BRAIN. And the ability to use it. I am not just a spineless baby making machine. "

" This makes me sick. What kind of message are you sending to young women? You do realize the bible was written thousands of years ago right? When there were no careers for women. Times have changed and I'm pretty sure God would want women to be happy doing whatever it is they choose with their lives. Being a stay at home mom is a noble profession, but not for everyone. Being a lawyer, Doctor, nurse, teacher, engineer, and so many other careers are just as noble. Women have brains and intelligence to go along with those ovaries. We aren't baby making machines  "

"I have never read anything more repulsive. Growing up in the Internet age, that's really saying something."

"  I'm sorry but there's something wrong with the fact you think woman should do nothing but bear child and clean house and make sure our husbands are worshipped 24/7. Our lord and savior didn't put me on this earth for that. He put me on here to follow my dreams and do with my life as I seem fit and I will have no man tell me other wise. People like you really irk me. You're also the kind to judge someone for being gay, but go and do every other sin known to man. "

Lori must be out to dinner or something, otherwise she'd have zapped these already.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Lori must be out to dinner or something, otherwise she'd have zapped these already.

I've thought it was odd that all these comments are accumulating with no deletions or responses from her. I can't imagine how she can keep up with them. Maybe she gave up. 

She's probably enduring pain whilst performing her wifely duty for Ken.

She's probably enduring pain whilst performing her wifely duty for Ken.

(she had said sex is especially painful for her, but she must MUST endure because Ken loves sex)

1 hour ago, molecule said:

I've thought it was odd that all these comments are accumulating with no deletions or responses from her. I can't imagine how she can keep up with them. Maybe she gave up. 

I was wondering the same thing. Her post about expecting husbands to help with chores now has over 600 comments. I don't think she's ever had that kind of response to a post before. I'm surprised she hasn't sent Ken in on his white horse of Truth to sort things out for her. 

The comments on her "don't control your husband" post from today are picking up steam, too.

My favorite one is this:

The very name you picked for yourself reminds me of the scripture that says that some are, "ever learning yet never able to come to the knowledge of truth". It seems you know a lot yet lack the wisdom to deliver your message without sounding condescending. By the way...The Lord never did that. He sat with sinners in order to show his great love and compassion for them. My point is this...There is a big difference in knowledge and wisdom. It takes discernment and wisdom to know how to deliver the gospel and teachings. You become a sounding brass or tinkling symbol because you present yourself as one who cannot be related to. It seems that your heart may be in instructing women yet I fear that you have gone about it in your own will and not God's. You see, he whom God calls...He equips. This means you are effective. It seems you offend way more than you may realize. The word is good and marriage is holy and God knows we need more women giving good Godly advice but your words are lost b/c you present marriage as an abuse to women or as something that steals your joy unless you "submit". It's sad. I urge you to rethink your goal and reevaluate your calling.

"Expectations ruin relationships" seems to be a mantra with the fundie crowd (the Duggars in particular).  I think it's in one of their books, and is always reiterated when one of the spawn are courting. 

I noticed Lori's profile pic on insta is with Alyssa.  Seems an odd choice.

Lastly, how do you guys keep from commenting on her blog (if you do)?  I've only been down this rabbit hole for a week and a half and I've sent 3 scathing comments (none of which have been posted - seems she has to approve them first).  Of course this was before this latest blow-up that's currently going on, and which I'm absolutely loving.  :D

I kind of thought she would take her posts down a notch or two since she seems to be the center of a lot of attention right now.  Nope.  Not Lori.  Today's post is a real :angry-cussingblack:...well, it's a real something.

She has one reply so far on FB.  It's a prayer:

Lord God, open this woman's eyes to the truth. Let the blinders fall off so that she can see the truth about who You are. Religion is a nasty thing that warps minds and confuses hearts, and Lord, she is tangled deep within it. Let her come to know Jesus Christ as her savior and not a religious conformity as what will bring her to eternal life with You. And Father, let no one read her words without discernment so that they might not be fooled by the flasity being taught. 
Father, I pray anyone reading this hears from YOU and not her about raising children in the nuture and admoniton of the Lord. I pray that anyone reading this knows that you don't sit us in dark rooms and abandon us. I pray that anyone reading this comes to realize that you don't treat us as if we are robots to be trained, but as children to be loved and nutured and brought up in such a way that we follow you because we love You and not because it was programmed into us mindlessly. I pray that anyone reading this knows that You, Lord, created us and love us and gave each of us a unique personality and calling, and that you want only to help us grow in holiness and our calling. And i pray that anyone reading this understands how gentle and loving and forgiving You are of us so that we can then show that to our children, because we are showing our children each day who You are my our actions and words.

Wonder if she'll have the gall to delete that...

And then there's her response to her newfound fame.  Not to worry.  Lori works for God, and he has her back:

One of my posts has gone viral and it is mostly because of people being angry with it. Yes, there are MANY hateful and mean comments all in one post but I have been getting them for over 5 years since I began blogging. This is why I had to begin moderating my comments a long time ago. They aren't hurtful to me since I know I teach the Truth of God's Word and He has my back! :)

16 minutes ago, Koala said:

I know I teach the Truth of God's Word and He has my back!

Her blog name is somewhat misleading. It should be Always Right.

There is no learning possible when you can't possibly ever be in the wrong.

Just now, AmazonGrace said:

Her blog name is somewhat misleading. It should be Always Right.

There is no learning possible when you can't possibly ever be in the wrong.

No, no, no. Her blog name doesn't mean that SHE is always learning. It means that WE are always learning. From her.

:my_angel:

6 minutes ago, Koala said:

guilty.jpg

I was waiting for her to suggest spankings for these women who feel so guilty. Isn't that the cure for that?

Oh I hope no one ever manages to prove that she was mistaken about anything. Her brain would combust and the cleanup operation wouldn't be pretty.

I wonder if she's letting all the negative comments stand on her Facebook page because her publisher (if there is one) has suggested it. After all, what could be more enticing that a book cover that says "controversial author..."  or "despite venom being spewed from feminists everywhere, Lori teaches TRUTH and it is all right here in this book."? Then her worshippers can go to her Facebook page, see all the persecution she suffers and be more determined than ever to buy her book...for Jesus, ya know. 

3 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Oh I hope no one ever manages to prove that she was mistaken about anything. Her brain would combust and the cleanup operation wouldn't be pretty.

God himself couldn't convince Lori she was wrong, as illustrated by the time Ken rode in on his Horse of TRUTH to defend her and ended up having to explain that Jesus was wrong.  Not Lori, Jesus.

14 minutes ago, Koala said:

guilty.jpg

Lori, you are a moron. You don't teach the truth for everyone. There are some women who may wish they could be at home full-time with their kids, but it's not possible for various reasons. Some women can't stay at home with their children due to very valid financial reasons. A friend of mine who was also a former co-worker has a child with a disability. Yes, she worked prior to having a disabled child, but she continues to work so her disabled child and two other children have access to medical resources. My friend and other former and current working women do love their husbands and families and those reasons are why they work.  Also, Lori you weren't home alone all those years with your kids, you had a nanny/housekeeper. Does your nanny have a husband and kids? If she did, she should have been at her home raising her kids based on your beliefs.

2 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I wonder if she's letting all the negative comments stand on her Facebook page because her publisher (if there is one) has suggested it. After all, what could be more enticing that a book cover that says "controversial author..."  or "despite venom being spewed from feminists everywhere, Lori teaches TRUTH and it is all right here in this book."? Then her worshippers can go to her Facebook page, see all the persecution she suffers and be more determined than ever to buy her book...for Jesus, ya know. 

I can see that angle playing out if the publisher has no issue with controversy to stem from Lori's blog. They will try to push Lori as another Phyllis Schlafly type.  At the same time, I don't think Lori has a huge blog following, which makes me wonder why a publisher with an editor who is also working on the Stephen Curry book would want to be working with Lori. I've said it before but I still hope Lori's book gets scrapped mainly because her beliefs  are very damaging to women.

On a related note, I remember when the CF Husband blogger Nate Lawreson was writing a book. He said that he had a publisher that was interested. There hasn't been a book publication for Nate and I think Nate's online activities may have been the reason he hasn't had a publication. Nate was quite awful on twitter and trashed various groups of people and we can't forget his visit here to FJ. I think Nate is someone who would have been good friends with Ken and Lori. I'm glad that Nate never got a book deal, while I sympathized with his wife Tricia, there were plenty of shady/questionable things about that family.

I'm hoping that the publisher does some deep vetting of Lori and Ken and finds out how "Keeper of the Home" Lori actually employed a nanny and also add in that Lori's husband Ken has female clients for consulting business. Let's say that Lori's book gets released, I could see the book causing damage to Ken's business if his orthodontist clients and their staffs got a good glimpse of Lori's hatred for working women. Ken also has awful attitudes towards women.  Ken is near retirement age, but his son Ryan would suffer because of the loss of business. 

One of her readers is questioning her on letting her babies cry through the night so soon:

If they were in bed longer than 5 hours and they cried, did you consider that they might be hungry since it was 5 hours since the last meal? Did you feed them then or let them cry it out? 

if the children went more than 5 hours without eating (and I'm talking about newborns) did you discuss this with your pediatrician? What was the doctor's advice? Very small babies need to be fed often, more than the 3 times a day that adults eat,

Clearly this woman doesn't know that Lori's main concern was for herself- not her babies.

Lori Alexander:

They would sleep just about 7 hours and then I would feed them around 5 in the morning and they would go right back to sleep. During the day, I would nurse them on demand but I knew that at least 5 solid hours of sleep for mothers is crucial in order for the adrenals to be replenished. I wonder if this is why many women get PMS because they are so exhausted and not getting enough sleep.

Forget FOOD being crucial for her baby!  Lori would have been cranky if she hadn't gotten enough sleep!

She has got to be leaving all these comments up for a reason. What that reason is, I don't know, but it's really out of character for her to not be hitting that delete button. I mean...1660 comments on one thread now, almost all of them negative, and all down the page, on almost every recent post, people are challenging her. Yet, no deletes, and no replies from Lori. :my_huh:  Something's definitely up.

It proves she's right because all the Satan's minions are attacking her. 

2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

It proves she's right because all the Satan's minions are attacking her. 

Yep. Next up, the persecution post. :my_dodgy:

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

At the same time, I don't think Lori has a huge blog following,

Her blog hits have been growing lately. At the end of May she was getting about 3900 hits a day. That is about 4600/dag the last week (excluding the last two days - that is about 7000/day). I'm assuming the last two days increase is due to hate reads because her facebook went viral.

Even if every visitor clicks through onto three of her posts every day that still gives her over 1000 readers.

We trained them to not hold grudges or be mean. As soon as they were mean to one of their siblings, they knew to never do this again. None of our children have ever held grudges or been mean. 

"as soon as they were mean" really doesn't work well with the concept that none of her children have ever been mean. I don't think should could have overused the word "trained" in today's post more than she did

55 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori Alexander:

I wonder if this is why many women get PMS because they are so exhausted and not getting enough sleep.

So sleep deprivation is responsible for PMS? Gee, I always thought it was because of the fact that hormones were surging through me and I was bloated and in pain. Huh. Who knew? All those years I could've just slept more. (Pretend this was in sarcasm font.)

6 minutes ago, molecule said:

So sleep deprivation is responsible for PMS? Gee, I always thought it was because of the fact that hormones were surging through me and I was bloated and in pain. Huh. Who knew? All those years I could've just slept more. (Pretend this was in sarcasm font.)

If you are a properly submissive wife and do everything exactly as God Lori Alexander commands, then God will take away your bad hormones with his Jesus magic and you'll never be grumpy again.  Duh!

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived