IGNORED

Lori Alexander Pt. 9: Writing The World's Worst Book

I find it interesting that he started out as 'Ken Alexander' in his first comment, and then switched to 'Always Learning' for the rest. Not sure if he did it on purpose or just slipped up, but it's so obvious it isn't Lori talking. :my_dodgy:  And people have caught on pretty quick.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's also crazy that her supporters are talking about all these unhappy men because of feminist wives...when a lot of them are in unhappy marriages with miserable men even though they 'keep sweet' or trying to win back men who are divorcing them and actively sleeping with other women.

Ken says:

The way to win the heart of your man, and possibly get more help around the home is by loving and pleasing him. In this way, he will in turn desire to love and please his wife, unless he still needs to grow up, or does not have a giving heart.

Yes and if you happen to have the misfortune to be married to a selfish jerk who never grew up then you need to submit moar and let the eejit have his way.... That way you will have a happy marriage. 

Ken you're a moron. 

The only way to have a happy marriage with you is to accept that one's married to a moron. 

I think their idea of a happy marriage is very different than most people. Like if your husband is godly and brings home money, you are good to go. Of course the standards for wives are so much higher.

17 hours ago, Koala said:

It's official- Ken just rode in on his horse of TRUTH.  From the Never Always Learning Facebook:

But remember the "hate" Lori receives for her beliefs doesn't bother her AT ALL.  Nope.  Not one bit.  She's not even giving it a second thought. 

Her post today was interesting, she talks about how she changed her ways but did not mention, as in the past, that she did that by becoming totally submissive.  Today she's leaving out the part that illustrates her whole "ministry."  Why is that?  I've always found it interesting that Ken would not be happy with a change that simply led her to treat him with respect and love. No, he was only happy to stay in the marriage if she would completely submit to him. 

Also, she's so open about her years of "rebellion," but Lori never mentions her nanny. When is she going to be honest and remind all her readers she had a nanny?  Does anybody have a link to a blog post in which she talks about this nanny that likely saved her children from Lori's constant wrath?

10 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Does anybody have a link to a blog post in which she talks about this nanny that likely saved her children from Lori's constant wrath?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152226165764245&set=a.10152226259899245&type=3&theater

The reference to the nanny is in Lori's comment on the above linked picture.

Lori Alexander:

Lori Alexander Lucy was a Nanny sent from heaven who never wanted to let Cassi cry, so she held her hours a day.

On her blog she trashes people for having nannies.  On her personal Facebook page nannies are angels sent from heaven to spare her from raising her own daughter.

She told MailOnline: 'If a husband is working hard to provide for his family and his wife is a SAHM (stay-at-home mum), she should be the one taking care of the housework since women are much more home-oriented than men. 

Except those who aren't, I guess. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3658115/Blogger-blasted-sharing-outdated-advice-happy-marriage.html#ixzz4CVk69g7I 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The Daily Fail. :pb_lol: I wonder if she'll browse around their site after she's read the article about her. I'm sure Ken will.

20 hours ago, Koala said:

(quoting Ken)The way to win the heart of your man, and possibly get more help around the home is by loving and pleasing him. In this way, he will in turn desire to love and please his wife, unless he still needs to grow up, or does not have a giving heart. It's God's prescription for winning your disobedient man. And even if he is never won to more housekeeping, you can still have a great relationship doing things God's ways and accepting him for who he is, with a focus on his strengths and what he brings to the relationship, not the missing tiles or glass half empty. For goodness sake, a good husband overlooks his wife's flaws also, preferring to see the best in her, not the missing tiles in her life.

Og. This is so triggering.

And if he still needs to grow up, this is a sure prescription for making sure the process will be delayed... indefinitely.

Doesn't work with a "bad" husband. Just feeds the abuse. Can take a relatively mild jerk and turn him into a monster.

Ken and Lori both are missing more "tiles" than they have.  Those two are just a room full of grout.  

12 minutes ago, refugee said:

Og. This is so triggering.

And if he still needs to grow up, this is a sure prescription for making sure the process will be delayed... indefinitely.

Doesn't work with a "bad" husband. Just feeds the abuse. Can take a relatively mild jerk and turn him into a monster.

Yep.  As I have said here before, I was married to someone much like a Ken, only minus the godliness.  He is an athiest.  He wasn't a pig for a purpose.  He was just a PIG.  And trying to appease him only INFLAMED his bad qualities.  I feel sorry for the idiot he impregnated (before our divorce) and married (immediately after it was final) after me.  She thinks she got a devoted man who swept her off her feet and rescued her from her prior life.  What she in fact got was a soul sucking monster.

From Ken's post:

I was at the time struggling to build a consulting firm and my head was stressed to its max as I raced across the US and Europe seeking success and security that comes from a good reputation.

Wow, poor Ken. Stressed out and racing around the world. He could have just said he was stressed and focused on building his business.

Too often the root of this frustration came to Lori after talking to a family member or friend who helped to create the heart of the unmet expectations.

Translation: It wasn't Lori's fault.

I wonder why Ken felt a need to write a post about this. Makes me think maybe Lori is far more upset about all this than she pretends. I wouldn't blame her. Some of the comments are just as judgmental as Lori is, and even if she deserves it, I don't imagine it's easy to read some of it. Oh, crap. I just had a moment of sympathy for her. Better go have some coffee and clear my head.

@molecule ITA

Lori gives Ken passive aggressive pokes in her writings, but wow, Ken just comes right out and says (over and over) what a complete bitch Lori used to be before she decided to submit.

Never, never, never have I seen Ken say any problems in their marriage were his fault.

I would have a huge problem with my husband talking about me to the world like this.  It's so hard to feel sorry for Lori, but...

Yeah- I got no sympathy whatsoever for her.  She tells people to hit their babies. She hit her babies.  She tells abusive parents to "hit harder".  She tells abused women to suck it up because Jesus.  

If Ken blathers on about what a shitty wife she is, and she gets negative comments on the net...well, color me unsympathetic.

On 6/24/2016 at 8:59 AM, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm glad she made on there. I hope that the DM article and The Stir article will bring more people out to see what a piece of shit Lori is and maybe that will scrap her book deal.

On 6/24/2016 at 8:12 AM, Koala said:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152226165764245&set=a.10152226259899245&type=3&theater

The reference to the nanny is in Lori's comment on the above linked picture.

Lori Alexander:

On her blog she trashes people for having nannies.  On her personal Facebook page nannies are angels sent from heaven to spare her from raising her own daughter.

Was it on the blog or Facebook where she wrote about sending the nanny to clean the neighbor's house? 

I believe that it was on the blog a while back.  I don't remember the topic - possibly on women not keeping their house "neat and tidy," since that seems to be one of her running themes.

Here's what I get from this post.

Ken is saying, "look at me! I was put up in fancy hotels! I am so successful!"

Ken is also showing us how incredibly unsympathetic he was to Lori, about the fact that she was home caring for 4 kids. Even with a nanny, maybe she felt alone, bored, overwhelmed, isolated. 

Finally, Ken is telling us that overwhelmed women do not deserve any sympathy, and that he was annoyed with her because her mood changed. Why can't women just always keep sweet? Jeez, in the time it took to cross the country, she actually had the nerve to get sad.

My  husband used to travel for work when I had tiny children. You can bet I was jealous when I heard about his dinners with clients and quiet hotel rooms. Fortunately, my husband responded compassionately and (usually) validated my feelings, which made me feel better and ended any conflict before it began. If he had responded like Ken, I doubt I would have felt close to him at all.

Here's what I get from this post.

Ken is saying, "look at me! I was put up in fancy hotels! I am so successful!"

Ken is also showing us how incredibly unsympathetic he was to Lori, about the fact that she was home caring for 4 kids. Even with a nanny, maybe she felt alone, bored, overwhelmed, isolated. 

Finally, Ken is telling us that overwhelmed women do not deserve any sympathy, and that he was annoyed with her because her mood changed. Why can't women just always keep sweet? Jeez, in the time it took to cross the country, she actually had the nerve to get sad.

My  husband used to travel for work when I had tiny children. You can bet I was jealous when I heard about his dinners with clients and quiet hotel rooms. Fortunately, my husband responded compassionately and (usually) validated my feelings, which made me feel better and ended any conflict before it began. If he had responded like Ken, I doubt I would have felt close to him at all.

Of course, Lori ended up with all those children by sabotaging her birth control so...

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived